WEIGHT NO MORE January 2020 Chat

Replies

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @sleepymom5
    Does your watch have a feature for biking? Mine does and I think it maps your ride and calculates the distance - I don't know if it counts the steps - I like the feature that counts the calories burned. It goes by heart rate and call me crazy but I think that makes it more accurate than anything that bases a guess on your size and movement.

I have my first physical therapy session this afternoon for my back pain. I hope it will help or she can at least help me figure out the best position for relaxing. The pressure on my back when I sit sends pain up to my shoulders and it feels like my insides are being squeezed.
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 980 Member
    Username: jedaschultz
    Week: 3
    Weight in day: Monday
    Previous weight:196.0
    Current weight: 196.6

I did weigh in on Monday just kept forgetting to post it. Up a bit from last week and need to get back on track.
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    I have been a bit busy but I have been sticking to the plan. There was cake and all sorts of treats at work but I am resolute. I haven't had any. I have lost half a stone 7lbs. I have managed to get into some work trousers although they were quite tight around the crouch 🤣 it makes me want to get back into my smaller trousers and nice dresses.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited January 2020
    nstephenson01
    Thursday
    Week: 3
    PW: 169.8
    CW: 170.8

My father-in-law is here this week helping my husband with the barn so I have had no time to check in here. I'm hitting my daily goals for water intake and exercise but eating more than usual in the late afternoon & evening. And we won't even talk about how my wine consumption increases while my FIL is here. 😠 I guess 1 pound isn't that bad considering. Given my increased physical activity, I don't know if I'm eating too much or not. I guess time will tell. I just know I'm not happy about this number on the scale but I'll take my measurements at the end of the month. Sorry team.... I'm not helping our numbers.
  • Fi45
    Fi45 Posts: 21 Member
    I’m really struggling with my sweet tooth this week, not helped with it being my Son’s birthday, which has involved meals out and cakes.

Weigh-in tomorrow and I’m not hopeful!

Does anybody have any tips on how I can control my sweet tooth? xx
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    @Fi45 - Diet Coke, mint gum, and sugar free jello help me a lot when I have cravings I don’t want to eat. I agree with the above about planning and eating sweets in moderation also. Plus grape tomatoes and mini bell peppers and clementines are so much sweeter now that I don’t eat sugar all the time. Often they will satisfy my sweet tooth actually.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    edited January 2020
    @timibotkin yeah we are on the same winning team doing the Apple Watch Challenge. It is fun and very motivating to be on the first place team. The second place team isn’t too far behind so I don’t want to let you guys down!!!!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    I think I hit bottom with my eating last week and I’m back on track this week. I was eating out of control- almost like in a panic mode! Eating things I don’t normally eat. Very odd and depressing behavior. But I’m glad to say I’m eating good again. You know when you eat crappy then you feel crappy!! So I got sick of feeling like crap!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    @fi45 a huge mug of Hazelnut teccino tea with a spoon of local raw honey and a generous splash of almond milk.
  • jmilner89
    jmilner89 Posts: 71 Member
    @Fi45 I find making a nice herbal tea helps when I have a sweet craving, especially late in the evening
  • rosieposiesrl
    rosieposiesrl Posts: 27 Member
    Weigh-In Day: Friday
    Week #: 3
    PW: 68 Kg / 149.91 lbs
    CW: 67.8 Kg /149.47 lbs

Naw, only small loss this week even though I’m still doing everything right. But I’m determined to make up for it next week! I love reading everyone’s post, but got to catch up this week – it’s amazing how much we learn & motivate each other! You guys are awesome!

Check-In: The Week
    Food: As Planned
    Water: On Track
    Exercise Most Days: Treadmill; Berry Picking; Cleaning
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    JillyBT
    Daily Check in Thursday 1/23
    Logged calories and I was over
    Water: 48oz
    Exercise: interval boxing class
    Not great with the eating but I worked out really hard this am so hope that helps!
    9110 steps today
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Check in for Thursday
    Food IF OMAD
    Water good
    Exercise 35 min treadmill intervals, 30 min yoga
    Steps 9,262

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    @ljdanny Nice loss! Out of the 190s too! Great job with eating healthier and watching your portions, it paid off this week. Hope your hip feels better so you can get back into your exercise routine.
    @Cafelelia Thank you for all that information! I think I am going to make up a batch this weekend. I also finished The Obesity Code. I am so glad you suggested it. Now I have to work on IF.
    @pacsnc6 I am glad that you have started PT, I hope it helps your back.I have to check if I have the bike feature. Right now I am just doing the stationary bike. I think the apple watch's calculation for calories are very accurate. I had a fitbit that didn't have a heart rate and I could just attach it to the cuff of my pants so I could get the leg motion when I ride. Right now I just am interested in the steps, once I get over that, I am going to take advantage of the calories burned.
    @jmilner89 Nice loss! How are things going?
    @jedaschultz Phew, I was afraid we lost you! That isn't bad at all. Just get back into your usual routine and let's have a good week! I have been struggling all of January so I am with you.
    @amsandos I am glad that you checked in. I am happy to hear that you are sticking to your plan and seeing results. It is nice to see you clothes fitting better. Keep it going!
    @nstephenson01 I remember when your father in law visited last year. I know it is hard with guests, between the meals and not being in your usual routine. You are doing well with your water and exercise so that's good. Give yourself credit for that. Don't give up, you can do this! Just take one day at a time.
    @Fi45 I struggle with a sweet tooth myself. You got a lot of good tips above. I like peppermint tea with diet Italian sweet tea creamer. I also try to puts some sweets in my plan. I do better if I don't restrict myself too much. Don't beat yourself up too much if you go off plan, just try to get right back on. Don't make one overeat go into an entire day or more. Sometimes it helps to check in here for support.
    @lennoncpa I am glad that you are back on track with eating. It is funny how you start feeling crappy when you eat crappy.
    @rosieposiesrl The scale is moving in the right direction. More goes into weight than just fat loss so no worries. Keep doing what you are doing and the scale will cooperate.
    @JillyBT Excellent day! You are doing awesome!
  • Fi45
    Fi45 Posts: 21 Member
    Fi45
    PW 204 lbs (I think)
    CW 203.5lbs
    After my sugar infused week, I’ll take this. Need to address this next week with some of the wonderful suggestions on here. Thank you everybody ❤️ xx
  • jmilner89
    jmilner89 Posts: 71 Member
    @sleepmom5 it's going good now that I'm back to being healthy, just very busy because it's the summer school holidays here. I've really been making a big effort with the kids to get them out and active because they drive me crazy if we stay home. 2x bushwalks, a run and a bike ride so far this week, and another bushwalk tomorrow... It has 1349 stairs and I wear my toddler on my back in a carrier so it will be quite the workout!!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    TGIF! Hope to jump back on soon. Busy busy!
This discussion has been closed.