WAISTAWAYS January 2020 Chat

Replies

• Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    PW 175.4
    CW 173.8

@jugar I’m going to take a break for awhile. I have a problem with my knee that’s been going on for awhile and I really can’t do any exercise even walking. Going to try to get into see the doctor today and just want to step back for awhile. Thanks and have a great weekend!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,228 Member
    STEPS:
    1/22 - 14295
    1/23 - 11006
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    PW 175.4
    CW 173.8

@jugar I’m going to take a break for awhile. I have a problem with my knee that’s been going on for awhile and I really can’t do any exercise even walking. Going to try to get into see the doctor today and just want to step back for awhile. Thanks and have a great weekend!

Sorry to hear that you have a cranky knee - I had a bad tear a few years ago, and it was so annoying not to be able to do much. I'll put you on the "cheer squad" (support team) so you can keep coming in to post when you feel like it, and you can just post whenever you're ready to move back up to the regular team no matter how long it takes! Good luck with the healing. :heart:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,249 Member
    Hey friends! I think I’ve caught up with all the steps at this point. Check out the spreadsheet with this link. (Scroll to the bottom for steps) If I’ve missed you or made a mistake, please let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gvpxXurR2XCQbmMtulGIGSqEFmdIBtziu2osohX48GA/htmlview#

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and hugs. My daughter is still quite swollen, which makes eating a challenge, but it’s improving. Still being momma caretaker. It takes a village, right? Baby and momma are both napping, so good times to catch up with everyone.

@Connie7355 Sorry to hear about your knee issues. So painful. Take care of yourself and check in with us when you can and let us know how you are doing.

@bunnybuns1111 So sorry to hear about your grandma. Never easy. Hugs to you and my sympathy to you and your family. Just being there for your dad helps I’m sure.

@YinxFed Cheers to great results on your tests. It’s a pain doing it, but peace of mind for you at the end. I also have an appt for an ultrasound and hopefully not another biopsy for unusual menopausal bleeding. It’s such a treat. 😉😐

@Steph1498 and @Gidgitgoescrazy I totally understand your frustration with not being where you want to be, but I would just say stick with it. You’ll get there. Tweek and try different things but it will happen. I had months go by with no loss. But finally it happened. Why? Because I stuck it out. Kept at it. Wouldn’t have been my preference for losing but those slow losses, slight gains, and plateaus are really part of the journey. Our bodies need to kind of recalibrate sometimes. A few pieces of great news. You are both doing great with exercises and steps and look at the big picture. After a year, and many frustrating weeks, I am 25 pounds less than last year. We are playing the long game, ladies and you are both winners!! 🙌👍🏻💪🏼

@evelynladams527 and @AmyRobF Now that you have both identified a goal for this coming week(move more) what are your specific and measurable goals. Eviel suggested 10 more steps each day or it could be 10 active minutes, checking in daily (well that’s not really moving more but it motivates) but you get the idea. I know you can both do this for a great green week. My goal was at least 10 minutes a day of moving. I was doing great until this latest challenge, but I’m ready to continue now. How about you?

I have a cool graphic that you can color in when you hit your goal each day. I’ll try to get a link and post it for you and anyone who wants it.

I love this community and having you all hold me accountable, motivate me and cheer me on. Thank you. 🙏🏼😘👏🏼👍🏻💪🏼💫✨
  • Connie7355
    Connie7355 Posts: 496 Member
    Thanks @jugar and @micki48! Just got back from seeing my doctor. I have a cyst behind my knee. She couldn’t rule out that it might be a blood clot so they are scheduling an ultrasound and maybe an MRI. She said rest and ice it as much as I can so no walking for awhile. Irritating!!
    Micki I was so sorry to hear your daughter had to have her wisdom teeth pulled. Not fun at all let alone broken ribs!! I hope all gets back to normal for your family soon! I really like the exercise tracker!! Hoping I can use it soon!
    Jugar I hope you are having a great trip!!
  • mrsjar5311
    mrsjar5311 Posts: 514 Member
    Latest steps

23/1 - 11,800
    24/1 - 18, 585
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 968 Member
    PW 222.6
    CW 224.4

Darn that scale. It's that time of the month and I reliably gain several pounds in water weight this week. It will be gone soon enough. Had a great week and worked out every morning and some evenings too. Ate within my calorie budget but could always eat more vegetables. My in laws bought me an air fryer so that has been fun experimenting.
  • mrs_chivonne
    mrs_chivonne Posts: 45 Member
    hx0sbs055uko.jpeg

Love this idea!
  • mrs_chivonne
    mrs_chivonne Posts: 45 Member
    Goal for next week!

1. Stay motivated all week!
    2. Stay on track with my habit tracker
    3. Drink 5 or more cups of water
    4. Exercise daily no matter what!( starting Sunday lol)
  • bunnybuns1111
    bunnybuns1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    Thanks @jugar and @micki48! Just got back from seeing my doctor. I have a cyst behind my knee. She couldn’t rule out that it might be a blood clot so they are scheduling an ultrasound and maybe an MRI. She said rest and ice it as much as I can so no walking for awhile. Irritating!!
    Micki I was so sorry to hear your daughter had to have her wisdom teeth pulled. Not fun at all let alone broken ribs!! I hope all gets back to normal for your family soon! I really like the exercise tracker!! Hoping I can use it soon!
    Jugar I hope you are having a great trip!!

@Connie7355 if it turns out to be a popliteal cyst (Bakers cyst) that is a symptom of something else going on in your knee. Could be a meniscus injury or even from arthritis. Have your PCP refer you to Orthopaedics. If just arthritis you may benefit from a steroid injection or if that does not work then maybe gel injections. Just my recommendation.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    hx0sbs055uko.jpeg

That's what I'm hoping for! 23 more pounds would make it easier to find a bathing suit. :)
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    I am so tired. Campus has started back so the jeans had to go this week. Back to work clothes. I am not 💯 percent sure if it could be a laundry detergent my pants were washed in last month or if something else is going on. This happened around this time last year too and lasted for months. My legs have broken out in a rash all over it started at the ankles and has worked up to my thighs. It itches sooooo bad. It burns in the shower from scratching too. I laid awake scratching for over an hour last night. Then when I did get back to sleep I couldn’t get comfortable and I used the sheets like a scratching post. On top of that, today is my early day so I have to be at work earlier than usual and I have meetings. I can only imagine just how itchy I will be. 😩

@lovethyneighbor I'm so sorry for your discomfort. Have you tried taking allergy meds like benadryl? That might calm things down for you.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    PW: 159.4
    CW: 160.2

Sorry guys for being red. I don’t like to make excuses but my grandma died on Wednesday. She was 92! I just feel so sad for my dad because that was his mom and I hate seeing him sad. I still went to the gym on Wednesday and Thursday. Diet has not been bad except on Wednesday I didn’t eat much during the day and probably had a triple portion of sushi for dinner with 1 beer.
    Next week I will do better and I will be green.

I'm sorry for your loss, @bunnybuns1111.
This discussion has been closed.