Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Steps
    1/15: 5,213
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    YinxFed wrote: »

So now I'm going through the menopause without any help. I do take Magnesium, Sage and Omega 3, 6 & 9 vitamins. As well as vitamins D and B12 for my MS. But it's fine. Added to which, my hubby is extremely supportive so I don't feel like I'm on my own.

Bottom line - the menopause is just another part of life, and it affects every woman differently. Some women sail through it with barely a hiccup, and others can suffer the most awful symptoms with little support. But it's good to talk!

@YinxFed You mentioned you had MS. So did my mother; she had it for nearly 30 years. Have you had it long? Hopefully, your mobility is good. I know exercise and even physical therapy can be extremely helpful. I'm glad your husband "is extremely supportive." I wish you all the best! You're quite a trooper! :smiley:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    @evangsimmons170 Morning Lovely - I was diagnosed with MS 10 years ago. I am also blessed that I have full mobility with no need for any drugs. So far, so good! :)
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    A question for you ladies- I need to have a coil fitted and can't decide which one. I've had the copper one before (quite a few years ago) and it was a nightmare (ill with heavy bleeding for a week every month) but I'm worried about weight gain with the Mirena. My doctor thinks the weight issue is a myth but there are so many ppl on MFP who claim to have had problems with weight because of the Mirena. Any advice?
    Thanks all!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Steps 1/15 = 5673

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    A question for you ladies- I need to have a coil fitted and can't decide which one. I've had the copper one before (quite a few years ago) and it was a nightmare (ill with heavy bleeding for a week every month) but I'm worried about weight gain with the Mirena. My doctor thinks the weight issue is a myth but there are so many ppl on MFP who claim to have had problems with weight because of the Mirena. Any advice?
    Thanks all!

As far as I can tell, the weight issues are because hormone changes can make you hungrier, which causes some people to eat more without realizing. If you're reliably tracking calories, you shouldn't gain much if anything. You might put on more water for a while, though. Hormones tend to affect water retention also. Which makes me wonder how many of those weight gain stories are actually fat gain.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    @micki48 - Steps update
    1/13: 12,996
    1/14: 10,078
    1/15: 17,130
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Can I skip or keep my weigh in for tomorrow the same ? I am having some terrible tummy issues and am really really bloated, so it is greatly affecting my weight, but I know it's temporary ( Happens every few months, made a gastro appt and will actually keep it this time, cause it's starting to get annoying)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,015 Member
    Connie7355 wrote: »
    @jugar I’m sorry I haven’t been checking in lately but I did post my weigh in last Friday. I just looked at the spreadsheet and you didn’t get it. Sooo I don’t know if it’s too late to put it on there or not but here it is...thanks!
    PW174.4
    CW 172.2

Drat!! I hate it when that happens - and your excellent loss would have upped our percentage of green on the spreadsheet! Sometimes when a new page starts, I miss one that came in just before, but usually I do a search on anyone who was not reporting, and I missed it then too... Sorry about that! All fixed now, and I'll be sure to keep my eyes open tomorrow :heart:
  • jugar
    Can I skip or keep my weigh in for tomorrow the same ? I am having some terrible tummy issues and am really really bloated, so it is greatly affecting my weight, but I know it's temporary ( Happens every few months, made a gastro appt and will actually keep it this time, cause it's starting to get annoying)

Of course you can - I'll just give you a pass for the week, and you'll be back to normal next week, I hope! It is really not fun to have tummy issues - you and @Terytha have all of our best wishes on those.
  • jugar
    If anyone is still interested in the series of exercises I use for my wrists (many musicians do these!) - here is a link to them, and you can download a "cheat sheet" to have them without going online.

I know it is MFP policy not to share links, etc. but this is a free program, and the site has a lot of free resources. Yes, they also sell programs, but they make a lot available for free. I have found it to be one of the most well-informed sites, and I like the way they explain the mechanics as well as address problems.

I am a flutist, and my wrist and elbow health is really important to me --- but I think anyone who'd like to get better at the demon pushups, who types on a keyboard, uses a mouse, touchpad, or controller a lot, etc. etc. might find these really useful.

https://gmb.io/wrists/

they have a lot of these series for helping solve various aches and pains.
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    @micki48
    Steps Wed 14,683

Had to keep walking to burn those darn calories that I should not have eaten, but hey it worked.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Another beautiful snowy day at my house. Not nearly as cold as Canada. Wow that is super cold. We are getting more snow tonight and through the weekend. It's the last day of work for the week and I am ready! Hoping to snowshoe and spend time outdoors. I have been really strong this week and told my husband "no" to late night snacks! Have a good day everyone!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    @conleywoods That looks so peaceful, and pretty... I love "looking" at snow... Enjoy !
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Thanks @Terytha that makes a lot of sense.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,358 Member
    CW 216.6
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Steps for yesterday (1/15) got messed up...if you need a number, use 2,500. It's probably more than that but it turned itself off when the battery got too low. too many things open plus listening to good podcasts!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    If anyone is still interested in the series of exercises I use for my wrists (many musicians do these!) - here is a link to them, and you can download a "cheat sheet" to have them without going online.

I know it is MFP policy not to share links, etc. but this is a free program, and the site has a lot of free resources. Yes, they also sell programs, but they make a lot available for free. I have found it to be one of the most well-informed sites, and I like the way they explain the mechanics as well as address problems.

I am a flutist, and my wrist and elbow health is really important to me --- but I think anyone who'd like to get better at the demon pushups, who types on a keyboard, uses a mouse, touchpad, or controller a lot, etc. etc. might find these really useful.

https://gmb.io/wrists/

they have a lot of these series for helping solve various aches and pains.

Thank you! I'm so glad you posted these. They help me a lot and it's great to have the cheat sheet. More later this evening!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    As I fight with huge piles of four weeks of work that has to be re-done, even while new work pours in, I realize...

There's value in not looking at the big picture sometimes. Better to just stare at a tiny piece than run screaming from the whole thing. :tongue:
  • ann_1403
    ann_1403 Posts: 22 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    Thanks all!

As far as I can tell, the weight issues are because hormone changes can make you hungrier, which causes some people to eat more without realizing. If you're reliably tracking calories, you shouldn't gain much if anything. You might put on more water for a while, though. Hormones tend to affect water retention also. Which makes me wonder how many of those weight gain stories are actually fat gain.

Hi
    I had the Mirina coil fitted 2 years ago - no weight gain apart from self inflicted - wine, takeaways you know the score 🙈 don't be put off having it fitted, best thing I ever had done. It has changed my life. No more heavy periods it's just bliss 👍

This discussion has been closed.