Weekly Challenges

Replies

• mjnoel2014
    mjnoel2014 Posts: 21 Member
    I can do math. I tracked 6 of 7, nor 5 of 6!

• katerskat
    katerskat Posts: 165 Member
    g5z7oi7iou8z.png

Let start thinking about fitness!

Set some fitness goals for this next week and post your fitness goal on this thread -- # of steps, # of minutes, strength training, etc. Work your plan. If you can meet or beat your fitness goal 5 of the 7 days, you will be entered into the weekly drawing on 2/4.
  • ckimm10
    ckimm10 Posts: 13 Member
    Do some sort of physical exercise for 30 min a day
  • Katrinad5232
    Katrinad5232 Posts: 21 Member
    I entered 4 out fo 7 days working on doing better this week
  • Katrinad5232
    For this weeks challenge I want to do 30 squats every other day
  • jenniferruffridge
    jenniferruffridge Posts: 16 Member
    Do some form of exercise at least 5/7 days a week.
  • rachellsteen
    rachellsteen Posts: 8 Member
    Get back into my workout routine and make sure to get at least 30 minutes of activity/day.
  • mjnoel2014
    After my morning walk, commit to 7 days of ab work rather than talking myself out of it!
  • karlakay32
    karlakay32 Posts: 24 Member
    I want to do a minute each of wall squats and planks. I also want to do my daily yoga app.
  • katerskat
    I am finally step tracking again and want to reach a minimum of 5000 steps a day - current average over last week was about 3800. I also plan to add 30 minutes workout for a minimum of 3 times this week - compared to my usual 0.
  • katerskat
    Don't Forget to post your Weekly Challenge results by 10am on 2/4 to be entered into the weekly drawing. If you were able to meet or beat your fitness goal 5 of the 7 days, you will be entered into the weekly drawing by posting your results here!

I sadly only got 4 of my 7 days so i will not earn a ticket this time
  • Katrinad5232
    I only did squats 2 times last week but I did increase my walking from 7,000 to 8,000 daily steps.
  • mjnoel2014
    I did 5 of 7 days of ab work. Not what I wanted, but better than I would have done without this challenge!
  • katerskat
    Don't Forget to post results by 10am for the finish of last weeks challenge

xxllbh5nzgca.png

We have had 3 challenges so far, one for setting goals, one for tracking food, and one for tracking exercise. This week we are going to focus on what we are eating even more. By now we should be tracking our food daily - if you aren't - its time to start! Take some time to review your food over the last two weeks and see where you may be able to improve your eating decisions.

ChooseMyPlate.gov gives us an easy visual when looking at the food we are eating.

u8ctrkgtme3e.png

This week's challenge is about eating a healthier and more balanced diet. Remove some of the less beneficial food choices and replace them with fruits and/or vegetables. The goal this week is to have at least half your plate (meal) for your largest meal of the day (usually dinner for most) consist of fruits and/or vegetables. Be mindful to also stay under your daily calorie count or other tracking method. To be entered in this weeks daily challenge drawing you will need to complete this challenge at least 5 of 7 days of this week.
  • katerskat
    I have completed this challenge with 6 of 7 days completed
  • Katrinad5232
    I completed 4 of the 5 days
  • Trishabean3
    Trishabean3 Posts: 30 Member
    I did 6 of the 7!
  • Katrinad5232
    Don't forget to post results by 10 am Wednesday 2/19/20. ( added an extra day since this post is going up so late)

6rh4ghuk9rwx.png

To lose weight with the greatest chance of keeping it off, you have to do more than diet and exercise. You need to change your lifestyle. Diets are not sustainable. Workouts can not make up for unhealthy eating habits. It takes changing our habits to make this weight loss journey a lasting part of our lives. Start with small changes and do those changes every day until it becomes a habit. It does not need to be about eating or exercising, it could be about staying hydrated, getting more sleep, developing better posture. Some may choose to give up soda, hitting step goals each day, being more organized or working on positive mental attitudes.

This week's challenge is about making small changes in our daily lives.

First, choose two small changes you want to become new habits and start a streak for both of those small changes. A streak means that you stick to your proposed changes every day for the next week. No excuses.

Your two goals need to be a stretch for you but also attainable. The purpose is not to shoot for the moon and miss, but to be able to make these two changes successfully.

Wednesday:
    Streak #1
    Streak #2

Thursday:
    Streak #1
    Streak #2

Friday
    Streak #1
    Streak #2

Saturday:
    Streak #1
    Streak #2

Sunday:
    Streak #1
    Streak #2

Monday:
    Streak #1
    Streak #2

Tuesday:
    Streak #1
    Streak #2
  • kiramounts
    kiramounts Posts: 6 Member
    Wednesday:
    #1 No work emails/work texts 8:30pm-6:30am
    #2 Give up sweet tea (this might just kill me)
  • cheryl3573
    cheryl3573 Posts: 3 Member
    #1 - Take 4 walk breaks during the day - around the building
    #2 - Give up diet Pepsi
  • Katrinad5232
    #1 - Meditate every day for 5 min
    #2 - Get to bed by 9:30 pm
  • katerskat
    #1 - No more energy drinks, and no more than one soda a day
    #2 - Reaching my daily step goal every day
  • rachellsteen
    rachellsteen Posts: 8 Member
    #1 - Get at least 7 hours of sleep each night
    #2 - Taking at least two 10 minute breaks to walk/day
  • mjnoel2014
    1) only drink one cup of coffee per day
    2) no electronics after 8 pm.
  • katerskat
    Still one more day to complete the streaks challenge. but the new challenge starts TODAY!
    3vx4oiz3o588.png

Are you curious about the term clean eating? Have you ever wondered what it is exactly or whether it might benefit you?

Clean eating in the most simple terms means eating real food—foods that are whole (unprocessed) and in their most natural state. In other words, people who subscribe to clean eating try to avoid foods altered or processed by humans or manufacturers.

That being said, there are many different approaches to eating clean, and none of them are wrong. Everyone from carnivores to vegans can eat clean and it doesn’t have to be complicated. While some people put lots of strict dieting rules around their "clean" diets, that's not the case for everyone. Eating clean really can be delicious, fulfilling, filling and simple! Here's how.

For the most part, clean eaters subscribe to these general guidelines:

1. Eat plenty of vegetables, both raw and cooked.

2. Eat unprocessed lean meats that have not had anything added. This includes fresh chicken and fish and even lean beef and game.

3. Enjoy whole grains instead of the processed or refined variety.

While some people put more restrictions on their "clean" diets (such as avoiding flour, sugar, dairy or other food groups at all costs), anyone can clean up his or her diet by focusing on the basic guidelines listed above.

Think of it as simply eating "fresh". The weekly challenge is to have 75%+ of your dinner meal be "fresh" or clean eating (unprocessed foods). Do this at least 4 of the 7 dinner meals this week to be entered into the weekly drawing.

Post by 10am on Tuesday 2/25 that you have completed this challenge and you will earn 2 TICKETS for the drawing
  • katerskat
    edited February 2020
    I completed my streak #1 and was 6/7 on streak #2
  • katerskat
    NOTICE: Clarification on the challenge due today- IF YOU COMPLETED 1 STREAK SUCCESSFULLY YOU WILL GET A TICKET IN THE DRAWING. IF YOU COMPLETED BOTH OF YOUR STREAKS, YOU WILL GET 2 TICKETS. PLEASE POST BY 10AM TODAY
  • mjnoel2014
    I completed one streak--shut down electronics by 8. I missed by second streak of coffee by one violation. :(
  • karlakay32
    karlakay32 Posts: 24 Member
    My Keto is clean eating. I got this. 😀

Many Keto people will do carnivore for a while. I haven't tried carnivore yet, but keep reading about it.
  • katerskat
    A big Nope from me. I totally didnt even think about it.