MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 good luck on extending your fasting period. I know you can do it, you've got this!!
    @its_cleo yes I'm still trying to quit smoking. It's been a battle though, some days good some days not so good. No strategy yet on how to deal with the stress, just taking it 1 day at a time. Trying to motivate myself into start walking on my treadmill. Take it easy with your bicep, glad you're not pushing it. Last thing you want is a set back with your healing time.
    @raleighgirl09 and @vegan4lyfe2012 congratulations for most individual lbs lost, woohoo🎉🎉 way to go!
  • canzone777
    canzone777 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Canzone777
    Feb. Week 2 (Sunday)
    Pw- 162
    Cw- 162

No change, but after the week I’ve had, I’ll take holding steady!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hey Steppers!! Please post your step count to finish out the week!! You can find your steps in the spreadsheets on the main page :)

7xxombmvuonq.jpeg
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in 02/09/2020
    Calories- under
    Water- over
    Exercise- 0

I was looking back through my diary entries this week and noticed I haven't eat any vegetables the last couple days. I need to step that up! Maybe have 1 salad a day.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Here you go!

BEST ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS- Vegan8.com
    2 12oz bags brussel sprouts (573g)
    4t soy sauce
    1T maple syrup
    1t garlic powder salt
    1t chili powder (I used a medium-hot blend)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line sheet pan with parchment paper.
    2. Trim bottoms of brussel sprouts and pull of any outer leaves that are wilted.
    3. If not prewashed rinse sprouts.
    4. Make sauce by combining ingredients in small bowl stirring until smooth.
    5. Cut sprouts in half, sauce is for 573g brussel sprouts (my 2lbs were 900g so I upped the sauce by 1/3). Put sauce in a freezer bag with sprouts and shake vigorously, rotating bag until sauce is absorbed.
    6. Put any leftover sauce over sprouts. Spread on sheet and sprinkle salt over sprouts.
    7. Bake 15-20 minutes, when fork goes into sprouts smoothly they're done.

- I did mine a little longer as I like the outer leaves crispy. I also used a little extra seasoning and one of the reviews said smoked paprika was a good addition.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @prowell57 The decluttering is pretty overwhelming, I don't think I threw away anything since I moved here. I'm trying to focus on one box and one stack at a time but I feel like I'm going to be doing it forever! I love Crystal Light, was just drinking it so much I thought switching to tea would be better. My favorite is the raspberry green tea, mango tea is good, and peach tea isn't bad. I bought a pack of single servings when I stayed at my aunt's house at Costco and it had four kinds, pomegranate was my favorite out of that pack but they were all good.

@Jactop your steps are amazing! I don't know how you do it, my Fitbit comes Tuesday and I know my steps are low, I can't imagine even doing 5000! I'll have to start going for walks like I did in January.

@its_cleo Great job with the workouts! I love how you switch it up! I hope your bicep heals quickly. You've done awesome with your goals!

Go team!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Holy Smokes!!!

Step Challenge
    2/8 – 13843
    2/9 - 12987

D@mn scale is still refusing to budge but I’m still between 234 and 235. Not losing but not gaining.

NSV: so, I have 2 chins which drives me crazy but it is what it is. But looking at myself in the mirror today, it seems to be slimming down, if that makes sense lol. Like coming in and I can actually see my jawline a bit again.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I forgot to check in
    Sunday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- recumbent bike, yoga, strength exercises
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- going tomorrow
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Core- tried situps and regular plank and it went well
    Yoga- did back yoga, been doing every day and it's a good routine for my back problems
    Declutter/clean- did a lot in guest bedroom, donated 6 bags between church and Goodwill
    Recipe- did cassava and brussel sprouts, unsure of next week. Get produce box tomorrow so I'll plan then
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh-in week: 4
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 206
    Todays Weight: 205
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Username: Vegan4lyfe2012
    Weigh in Week: 1
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 193.0
    Today's Weight: 194.6

I had a feeling I would fluctuate up from last week's 5 pound loss. Super sucks. I think a lot has to do with the amount of sodium I consume. I know it's too much. I'll check in later today after I have a chance to get caught up on the weekend posts. You guys are such an inspiration!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good morning All, Hope everyone had an AWESOME weekend.

Monday weigh in:
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 6
    Monday
    PW 230
    TW 227

So I weighed in on Friday just to keep myself focused over the weekend. :D Was 225. I would say not the best idea because I gave myself a treat here, there and everywhere. :# Still happy with the 227 this morning. I was really scared to get on scale tho!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    @prowell57 My best friend had a Pho get together and that was it for me. Fell in love with it. The savory broth with all the different meats, bean sprouts, peppers and lime. I tend to over do it with the hot oil. So good.

@katmary71 Not so much into the weights but I know I will benefit greatly from doing it.
  • TeraBbreakingFree
    TeraBbreakingFree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    TeraBbreakingFree
    Week 2
    Monday
    PW: 172.6
    CW: 173.4

2/4: 11,647
    2/5: 11,708
    2/6: 5,618
    2/7: 8,259
    2/8: 12,234
    2/9: 5,519

This week was bad. My 2 younger kids have come down with a bad cold so we were stuck inside for 5 days last week and with little to no sleep bouncing from one kid to other durring the night. I'm stressing out trying to get everything ready since hubby is coming home soon.
    No sleep + stress = no motivation -> binge eating. SOOO MANY bad choices were made. I'm surprised that I didnt gain more then what I did. But it's a new day/week I can't dwell on what's already been done. Before when this would happen I would be off track for a month, I cant let that happen this time. Kids are still sick but I'm jumping on my elliptical durring nap time today.
  • Jactop
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

@Jactop your steps are amazing! I don't know how you do it, my Fitbit comes Tuesday and I know my steps are low, I can't imagine even doing 5000! I'll have to start going for walks like I did in January.

My advise if you want to get your steps up is to stop thinking so big. Long walks are great but I get most of mine by moving during activities when I would normally sit or stand still.
    -pace instead of standing still
    -use the furthest washroom even at home
    -put laundry away right from the drier one piece at a time
    -most mornings I try to do 10 min of moving while still in my pjs, either I circle my island or read posts on my stationary bike

I'm not sure why but on the days my steps are highest I also make the best food choices.

Steps for 2/9
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    When people count calories what do you do when you’re over? Do you just say it was a bad day and start over the next day or do you try to cut back the next day?

So I count calories I have a weekly goal. Yesterday I was way over. So all week I would have to cut back to make up for it. Then I find- trying to limit calories- I can only do it so long then I think I get rebellious and angry and fed up with it. That is partly what happened last night. So it’s kind of like a vicious circle. Because if I cut calories all week to make up for yesterday by the end I will be ready to blow again.

I guess I just don’t know how to handle the restrictions mentally. I feel like I need to do something different than what I currently do.

Last night- I had grapes and didn't realize how many calories are in grapes which FYI is crazy I should have just had a chocolate bar, I think it would have been less calories. Then I was frustrated and had some ice cream. Then I was hungry and had bread an peanut butter. So I was over by like 500 cals or something.
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    nbbaby
    Week 2
    Monday
    PW: 212.2
    CW: 214.

I had a huge fight with my husband yesterday. Then I fell off the keto wagon last night and ate a whole bunch of salty corn chips and had a bowl of sugary cereal. So I'm sure the weight difference is from all that and water. Of course now it will take 3 days to get back into ketosis. I need to stop emotional eating. 😞
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Jactop congratulations, another pound down! I'll take your advice about steps, thank you! I didn't realize it counts steps on the bike. My usual cardio is the bike, elliptical, or stair treadmill, I figured it would count for the latter but not the others.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Sorry you're up, those weeks are so frustrating! It's hard to get sodium down, I eat 2-3 packaged things and it's always way over. Congratulations on being in the top three!

@wrknonmedaily yay, 3lbs down! If you dislike weights what about starting with body weight exercises like planks, pushups, and situps? The thing I like about strength training is it shows physically after about a month and going up on weights/time holding a plank/amount of reps is rewarding.

@TeraBbreakingFree glad it wasn't more than you thought. Great job getting back on track right away! I hope the kids are doing better.

@its_cleo I usually just get back to it the next day. After being over 3 days for Christmas Eve, Christmas day, and slightly over my nephew's birthday on the 26th I did stop eating exercise calories for a bit but it wasn't my best decision. Only 500 over if you're at 1lb a week is maintenance. Grapes are high and they don't seem like they would be!

• Jactop
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @Jactop congratulations, another pound down! I'll take your advice about steps, thank you! I didn't realize it counts steps on the bike. My usual cardio is the bike, elliptical, or stair treadmill, I figured it would count for the latter but not the others.
    I usually wear my Fitbit on my ankle. I made a band like a tube with a velcro closure that my Fitbit slips into. It isnt pretty but I wear it under my pants at work or out shopping. I've also tucked it into my sock or tied it to my shoelace. It only counts every other leg motion on a bike but it's better than nothing
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    its_cleo wrote: »
    When people count calories what do you do when you’re over? Do you just say it was a bad day and start over the next day or do you try to cut back the next day?

So I count calories I have a weekly goal. Yesterday I was way over. So all week I would have to cut back to make up for it. Then I find- trying to limit calories- I can only do it so long then I think I get rebellious and angry and fed up with it. That is partly what happened last night. So it’s kind of like a vicious circle. Because if I cut calories all week to make up for yesterday by the end I will be ready to blow again.

I guess I just don’t know how to handle the restrictions mentally. I feel like I need to do something different than what I currently do.

Last night- I had grapes and didn't realize how many calories are in grapes which FYI is crazy I should have just had a chocolate bar, I think it would have been less calories. Then I was frustrated and had some ice cream. Then I was hungry and had bread an peanut butter. So I was over by like 500 cals or something.

Hey there, @its_cleo !

So it is totally awesome that you logged your food and stumbled across a high calorie food you didn't know about. For what it's worth, you ate extra of a food that included fiber and vitamins, so you could possibly give yourself more "health credit" than eating a candy bar. So maybe give yesterday's self a high five for making a healthy choice, even if it was an unconscious of the numbers choice?

(I am feeling the fruit and calories thing. I just had an afternoon snack of about 120 calories, some cashews and some tart cherries. I could eat way WAY more tart cherries had I not thought to prelog this, and find out I should eat about 100g of them. Ah, well.)

In your post, you actually sound like you arrived at what works for me. When I go over, my game plan is just get back on plan with the next meal. If I try to "make up" for an overage by going way under the rest of the week, I will be super grumpy and hangry by end of week. So SO SO not worth it. That is the path toward ransacking the pantry for me. Nope, I just need to go back to the regularly planned size of meals.

Another way to think of it, for me, is that I just slowed down on the health journey a bit. Or detoured a little.

Anyway, I am big on getting back in the saddle at the next meal, and being kind to myself on days I blow past the number.

Other Slimpossibles, what do you do?
This discussion has been closed.