MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday pop in (might be able to check in later!)
    Steps 02/06 7,538, 02/07 11,938

Thought on my (cold) walk today:

There are so many circumstances that make following a plan and focusing on weight loss difficult - but if I don't strive to do it even under less than ideal conditions, when will I? My life is one set of less ideal circumstances after another! Last week - moving offices and off hours and eating out, this week - learning a new office routine, son had surgery and I'm on the help team and a lot of eating out, next week is the same! All of this makes it hard to do the menus and shopping and cooking but I've done them. And it's cold again and raining and crappy, grey weather - I've been stuffy and medicine headed and my hubby is cranky with his regular SAD moods. Can my weight loss journey, commitments to myself and need to achieve great health and fitness really afford to wait for the perfect week?

Don't know the last one I ever had, if I have indeed ever had one.

• raleighgirl09
    Options
    prowell57 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. Happy Friday! Sorry I haven't been setting habits/goals for myself lately. It just gets so depressing when I can't meet them. I've been on a roller coaster with my smoking. Some days I do good and other days I fail miserably. There's so much stress going on in my life right now. My husband is battling depression because of his cancer, our finances are a mess with all the medical bills we owe, I've had to take over doing everything inside and outside the home...it gets tough! I feel so alone at times. I've been having trouble sleeping, I wake up several times a night and just lay there thinking about everything. I try not to but that seems easier said than done! Usually when that happens I go outside and smoke but lately I find myself in the kitchen snacking instead of smoking urg! On the bright side though I discovered a way that will hopefully help me with my water intake, flavored water inhancers. We buy bottled water cause our tap water sucks. Each bottle is 16.9 oz so all I need to do is just add the flavor inhancer to it. Now if I can just get my stress level down.
    Thanks for letting me vent and talk about things that's bothering me. I'm not looking for sympathy, just needed to vent a little.

@prowell57 hello, lovely!! => I have some unsolicited thoughts to throw your way, I hope they are helpful.

It's not easy to tackle one big life change, let alone two at the same time - and during a very stressful life event of cancer in the family makes it so tough. Even tougher is working to get to the place of making sure the story you repeat to yourself about what's going on is a helpful one with as much grace and positive feedback from you to you, as possible. What an incredible task you have given yourself and I want us (both of us right here, right now) to take a moment and ponder this - the bravery of it, the balls of it, the sheer dedication it takes to begin down that path...................
    ......................................WOW. I am in awe of you - I hope you are in awe of you. Ok - that felt great!! =>

I'd love to see your not meeting the goals you set as merely a fact to make the next choice. No self-blame. No self-loathing. No name calling unless it is to remind yourself that you are a badask (please inset the other s instead of k unless you want to be a bad kitten) "Hey, Self, 1/2 a pack a day less wasn't doable and a I smoked more than that - what number of fewer cigarettes smoked is more doable?" "Making a menu for a week ahead didn't net me the meals for a week that I thought would be best - what can I tweak about that plan to net me the meals I think are best?"

When you write down your next smoking goal - take a moment to soak it in after you see it on paper or electronic, whatever your jam is. What is your first thought?? Is it - ok, if I don't smoke (xx) number during (xx) times, I'm pretty certain I can do this goal. I might have a few moments of it being uncomfortable and I'll be stretching a little to get to this goal but I think I can do it" OR - is the first thought "oh gawd, just the thought of this makes me need a cigarette!!! SHRIEK!!!" If you had thought number 2 instead of thought number 1........? Knock that number down until you get to thought number 1. YES! It *is* enough - it doesn't matter if that number is 1 - "Self? We can smoke 1 less cigarette a day for the next week"

Menu - Maybe you make a menu that is loose on what days to eat what meal - accommodate eating out once, have leftovers once and a super loosey-goosey day that you allow to not have to make a plan and maybe call this the Pantry Potluck Day. So - that's 4 days of actual menus. If you can shop ahead for 4 menus and maybe find time to cook one the meals ahead, you'll only have to make a meal 3 days for the week and you could plan those each morning or the night before based around work, meetings, doctor appointments, etc.

You don't fail miserably
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    mlhopp93
    Steps for 2/1 to 2/7

2/1 6174
    2/2 7334
    2/3 9116
    2/4 5532
    2/5 8424
    2/6 5627
    2/7 6534
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Ya'll this won't mean anything to those living in the north but we got snow today and it actually stuck on the ground!! :D:D I have this video of my little dog running around trying to catch the snow in her mouth. Sooo cute!! <3 This is a pic of DH and Maggie Mae in the backyard! We haven't seen any snow is two years so this was very exciting! All my local friends have pics and videos of pets and kids having a blast. fmf77yubsg5b.jpg

2/8 Accountability (Habit Tracker)
    Track Every Bite-I did track and I was over calories by 200 due to my delicious chili and cornbread. Tomorrow is the church chili cookoff and of course, we had to sample it today for dinner. I think it’s a winner!!
    NO gain on the scale-The scale was up this morning. Probably because I had stir-fry over rice and that always makes me gain. It will come off!
    Workout or 7500 steps-60 minute BOD Leg day. I told hubby that I think it’s time to get the 15 lb dumbells. I could totally do it on some of the exercises. Steps for 2/7-7911
    IF (17+ hrs)-18 hrs. 42 min.
    Thoughts for the day-Today was a nice and very relaxing day! I worked out, cooked chili, did laundry and planned my next week's menu. I have three eating events in the next 10 days and then two weekends where I’m out of town. Soooo I need to buckle down on the days when I’m home and cook food that won’t make my scale mad at me.
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    Ya'll this won't mean anything to those living in the north but we got snow today and it actually stuck on the ground!! :D:D I have this video of my little dog running around trying to catch the snow in her mouth. Sooo cute!! <3 This is a pic of DH and Maggie Mae in the backyard! We haven't seen any snow is two years so this was very exciting! All my local friends have pics and videos of pets and kids having a blast. fmf77yubsg5b.jpg

2/8 Accountability (Habit Tracker)
    Track Every Bite-I did track and I was over calories by 200 due to my delicious chili and cornbread. Tomorrow is the church chili cookoff and of course, we had to sample it today for dinner. I think it’s a winner!!
    NO gain on the scale-The scale was up this morning. Probably because I had stir-fry over rice and that always makes me gain. It will come off!
    Workout or 7500 steps-60 minute BOD Leg day. I told hubby that I think it’s time to get the 15 lb dumbells. I could totally do it on some of the exercises. Steps for 2/7-7911
    IF (17+ hrs)-18 hrs. 42 min.
    Thoughts for the day-Today was a nice and very relaxing day! I worked out, cooked chili, did laundry and planned my next week's menu. I have three eating events in the next 10 days and then two weekends where I’m out of town. Soooo I need to buckle down on the days when I’m home and cook food that won’t make my scale mad at me.

@TeresaW1020 what a sweet picture - and Maggie Mae looks exactly as I pictured her!! Glad to know I am not the only one who can go over on calories and it just is what it is. I had this yesterday and decided to accept it without further consideration. Great plan to know the spike days way ahead of time and plan more level days around them - and you're right - the gain over some stir fry is a fluctuation and will come off. What a great day you had! =>
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    February week 1
    PW: 213
    CW: 213
  • vanjan14
    vanjan14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Username: vanjan14
    Weigh in day: Friday
    February week 1
    PW: 254.6
    CW: 255.2

Oops, sorry about being a day late!
    Post vacation is hard to be motivated. Didn't track calories every day this week and was not keeping up with my 16-8 intermittent fasting. Likely being snowed in tomorrow so it will give me time to do some meal prep for next week. Hopefully that will help me get back on track.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 great reflection, there's never a perfect time.

@TeresaW1020 looks and sounds like a wonderful day!

@vanjan14 good luck with the meal prep!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- stair treadmill, weights, yoga
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- today was 3 plus I added back arm weights with 5lbs less per exercise and am ok post icing
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Core- still on hold
    Yoga- day 4
    Decluttering- worked on magazines a bit
    Recipe- sauteed cassava and maple soy brussel sprouts, not many ingredients with either but still new recipes
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Feb 2020
    Sunday
    PW 163.5 (74.2kg)
    CW 160.9 (73kg)

Manage to lose as snacked less and was busy all week. Also was sick one day and ate little. Then afterwards did not over eat to compensate.

Goals next week:
    1. Eat fruit instead of other types of snacks
    2. Drink more tea/water

Have a great week ahead everyone!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @apple852hk, Wow what a great loss you have had this week. Sorry that you were sick for one day but how wise of you not to overeat afterward! Keep it up!! :)

@Katmary71, glad you were able to add back in your weights. Take it easy!! I NEED the recipe for the maple soy Brussels sprouts! ;)

@vanjan14, you will get back on track and find your motivation again. Vacations are supposed to be fun so don’t beat yourself up. :)

@digger61, wayyy to maintain!! B)

@mlhopp93, you have been added to the Step Count Challenge! Make sure to give me what you do today so I can total up your first week. :)

@raleighgirl09, you have such great support and advice to @prowell57 . Thank you!! <3

And then there is this....

Thought on my (cold) walk today:
    There are so many circumstances that make following a plan and focusing on weight loss difficult - but if I don't strive to do it even under less than ideal conditions, when will I? My life is one set of less ideal circumstances after another! Can my weight loss journey, commitments to myself and need to achieve great health and fitness really afford to wait for the perfect week?

Second, WOW!! You are speaking right to me and I hope to others who read the wisdom in your words.“If I don't strive to do it even under less than ideal conditions, when will I?” How true is that quote!! This is a crazy month for me and there is not one week where I will be able to stay perfectly on plan. And as I look at my life I have to ask myself how often are my circumstances ideal? Answer: NEVER!! :D

Can my weight loss journey, commitments to myself and need to achieve great health and fitness really afford to wait for the perfect week?

Girl, that is getting printed and posted where I can read it every day!! So glad to have you on this team!! <3
  • Motiv8tedMom
    Motiv8tedMom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Motiv8tedmom
    Pw 207.5
    Cw 207.5
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday early check in with some Saturday thrown in for good measure
    Steps 02/08 11,873

Boy, was I a lazy Maria yesterday! I did get my walk and I did shop for the planned meals (including 3 I am taking to my son's house this week) but that was all that happened. The rest involved a lot of butt-growing-roots-into-my-couch time! Also, note to self: one cannot have as much gin as they previously could at a higher weight. 3 ounces in 2 small martinis is all I can swing without a bit of a headache the next day.

@davors19 and @Digger61 awesome holding steady!
    @wwood008 I sure hope your son is feeling better, you guys really deserve some time off from being sick... =< Hugs to you all!!
    @wrknonmedaily that is fantastic that you started weights!! I have been slowly coming to the conclusion that I'll need to do that and build strength. I second @prowell57 that it's likely tied to the quick burn of energy from your muscles. I think fluctuating hunger - and realizing that there is nothing wrong with me and that this is the natural state of the human body and how it was designed (to use what we have stored and to ask for what it needs according to what is burned) and the flaw comes in when I try to "fix" that natural state with some bull crappy thinking
    @bethanie0825 you are really rocking the Casba!! I love the report on the run and the not dying....a true lol chuckle moment! What an awesome thing to have done and what a great indoor gift to yourself on a day when the weather is awful
    @its_cleo I am so glad you checked in despite the down part - the days it is the hardest to do are the days it is the most needed.... => I hope your meeting tomorrow goes ok and at least just ends as quickly as possible. When I know a bad one is coming, I think to myself 'well, they are not allowed to kill me and I'll eventually be out of the meeting' and that helps a little. Or at least distracts me until I can get in and then OUT of the dang thing. I am in awe and have such respect that you recognize the badness and keep pressing forward and make plans and do the things. And going back to counting the cals is not easy for anyone, no matter where they are in their weight loss journey. Hoping you are having a better day today - or at least a somewhat easier mental day. =>
    @vanjan14 vacations are a blip on the radar for weight gain but so necessary for the soul! You'll get back to your stride and routine, you're already headed there with great planning!
    @cornanda great job on the stepping
    @Kayla7303 and @cornanda It can be a bummer for the scale to go in a direction we weren't hoping for but we're all rooting for you guys as you go through the week!
    @rachelleahsmom echoing @katmary71 we'll miss seeing you around but understand life happening all around you and something just has to give - come back any time!!
    @Katmary71 you are doing so well on goals, great work! I love how you're chipping away at the decluttering
    @Apple852hk wow, what a great loss - so thrilled for you!! => I love the recognition of intentions turned into actions in snacking less often and not over compensating a small volume food day - genius. This is a great reminder to me that I need to assess what goes right, and why, as much as I need to assess what doesn't go right.
    @TeresaW1020 I am glad this resonates with you and others! It's not like I didn't know it before, it just somehow had never really occurred to me in such a tangible way; struck home yesterday.

Saturday
    Planned and Prelog 3 meals? no and no but all on plan and under cals
    Times? B skip, L 2p, D 7p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts? nuts between lunch and dinner, carefully measured out. It's technically non-planned as much as any of the meals but this is hyper non-planned because I don't often eat nuts and it's not the best for me, sodium wise. Hubby eats them often and sometimes when I see the bag on the counter, I can't resist.......... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand therein lies the whole non-planned spirit of it.
    Hunger? very low hunger day, just didn't get hungry until the afternoon and was ok with it
    Exercise? a 3.25 walk in the hood - it was cold but I saw the sun briefly here and there, was worth it for that alone
    Sleep? 11p-9a [log the morning after]
    Assessed the previous day / week / month? This week compared to last: Exercise was harder to get to this week but eating was better - despite competing things to get done, having to eat out more and being much more tired and not feeling well, it was a better week. Mentally - I was a champion this week - and last week I was weak of resolve, tiny bites everywhere. Some days I feel so good and strong and others I don't - and when I don't it just stacks and swells and overwhelms and compounds for several days in a row. I should give myself creds that the strong days are the same....
    stacks and swells and overwhelms and compounds for several days in a row
    - QUESTION TO SELF - how can I have more of the strong days and fewer of the not-strong days? How can I make that ride (downhill at what feels like a breakneck pace) a shorter ride and more quickly get back to strong? As evidenced in my last weigh in, it can be a couple of weeks or more, as far as a cycle goes.
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in
    prowell57
    Week 2
    Sunday 02/09/2020
    PW 195.4
    CW 196.4
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories- under
    Water- under
    Exercise- 0

I forgot to check-in last night. We've got the grandkids this weekend and one of them has been sick all weekend so I've been distracted taking care of him.
    I was up 1 lb this morning for my weigh-in. I was afraid of that with all the stress eating I've been doing this week. I need to get this stress under control. I'm determined to not let stress get the best of me! Gave myself a stern talking to this morning about not allowing stress to put more stress on me.
    @raleighgirl09 thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I was just thinking this morning that I need to start keeping a journal of my journey, writing down all my feelings on everything life and diet related. Sounds like you have had a plate full this week with work, not feeling well and your son's surgery. I admire your determination through all this!
    @mlhopp93 great job on the steps!
    @TeresaW1020 I love your picture, so cute. We had snow here in Oklahoma earlier this week...2.5-3 inches. It was so pretty. First snow our dog, Millie has seen. She was so goofy. First thing she did was lay down in it and started eating it lol.
    @digger61 good job on maintaining and staying steady.
    @Katmary71 you're such an inspiration with keeping up on your workouts! I too need to declutter my house. DH is such a pack rat and since he's had to quit work his little piles seem to be growing 🤨. A friend on MFP suggested crystal light to put in my water. He does that and says it really helps him to get in all his water plus some. It comes in many flavors, I'm using lemonade flavor.
    @apple852hk awesome loss this week!!
    @Motiv8tedMom good job staying steady.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options

Steps:
    2/6- 18,600
    2/7-8,819
    2/8-15,253
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS to Team Downsizers for STAYING IN THE GREEN with 60.7%!!! B)

heaugwi03u0b.png

Stay focused and your team could be the winners next week!! ;)
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 great pic. Maggie Mae is a great name for a dog. It reminds me of that Rod Stewart song.

@prowell57 are you still trying to quit smoking? Do you have any strategies for dealing with stress? I try a little bit of meditation, writing, exercise. It's hard. I quit my last job because of the stress.

@raleighgirl09 lol butt growing roots. We all need that sometimes. I spend a lot of time on my butt not gonna lie. I spend too much time in front of my computer and/or in front of my tv. But once in a while it is ok!....definitely in a better mood today. My yucky meeting is tomorrow but it will be ok. Don't be in awe of me ...I am the product of like 20 years of therapy lol :D They taught me how to keep on trucking.

@Katmary71 glad the weights went ok.

checkin

Name it's cleo
    Last weight: 156.2
    CW: 156.8

Not sure what happened with the weight but I'm just carrying on.

- My goals last week I did pretty well- 6 workouts. Accomplished them all although my run yesterday was a bust as I couldn't get very far but I count it if I get up and try.
    - Met my calorie goals.
    - Wash my face each night 5/7
    - Write a bit each day 4/7.
    - mobility/foam roller before workouts- I did except one.

My goals this week are similar but 7 workouts:
    - 2 with strength trainer
    - stairs
    - runx2
    - core
    - 11km hike with friends

I tried an upper body workout yesterday but my bicep is still acting up so I had to stop. I read it takes 6 weeks to 3 months to heal so I'm trying to be patient.

Hope everyone has a nice night.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    g21yruncr155.jpg
    qg8csucpnflb.jpg
    8rrbdevki1ia.jpg
    033n1sc552vv.jpg

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.47%
    2nd Weight No More 0.28%
    3rd Trimstones 0.23%
    3rd Shrinking Assets 0.23%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 26.2 lbs
    2nd Weight No More 15.5 lbs
    3rd Trimstones 11.9 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st raleighgirl09 3.89%
    2nd Achagpar 2.76%
    3rd Vegan4lyfe2012. 2.53%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st raleighgirl09 7.5 lbs
    2nd Vegan4lyfe2012. 5.0 lbs
    3rd hannahhooter. 4.2 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Amsandos
    @kirsten11872
    @boehle
    @michaelyoulten
    @Kilobykilo
    @prowell57
    @hannahhooter
    @BajaBec
    @robertefortier536

1nql8dyouk1m.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Wahhooooo to our three big winners this week! Wayyy to go ladies!! B)
    Cafelelia wrote: »

1nql8dyouk1m.jpg

2/9 Accountability (Habit Tracker)

Track Every Bite-I’m going to do my best and I already sort of pre-tracked but I’m about to leave for my church’s chili cook-off and I’m fairly certain that I will be over calories. Tomorrow, I will be a VERY good girl!
    NO gain on the scale-The scale was still up this morning and I’m afraid it will be up tomorrow morning too. Got to reign it back in and channel my inner raleighgirl09 and remember my commitment to myself.
    Workout or 7500 steps-No workout today but I did scrub every inch of my bathroom and sweep all my floors. Steps for 2/8-6337
    IF (17+ hrs)-18 hrs. 51 min. (should have waited 10 more minutes!! :D )
    Thoughts for the day-Waking up this morning and seeing the scale-up and knowing what I have going on tonight has me thinking that I better buckle down. Tomorrow I’m going to work on extending my fasting and eat less food when I do break it. I would like to get to eating one main meal a day with a big, healthy snack instead of the two meals and sometimes snacks that I’ve been doing. Wish me luck!! :p

This discussion has been closed.