Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    5957 steps. 5500 goal steps
    2.59 miles
    2265 burned calories
    39 active
    84 sleep score
    59 resting sleep
    1603 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 172g, goal > 247g, fat 71g, goal 44-77g, protein 82g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    Active (heart rate driven) minutes: 🧘‍♂️🚶‍♂️
    Complete food diary: 📖
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: candy 🍭
    Meet fiber in range:🥬
    Daily self care (10 min): meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 📖 🧘‍♂️
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 💤

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive

Well, Monday found me. Lol.

Last night I did the whole Super Bowl thing but filled the buffet table with more healthy fruits and veggies than I normally would. I was pleasantly pleased with how satisfied everyone was without a bunch of “junk”. I am not a football watcher but that was a really good game.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Happy Monday, Peeps! It's the start of a new week...are we all focused? I had a fabulous weigh in yesterday and I am ready for more! Over the weekend, I batch cooked some chili and some smoky bean soup. I also took the biggest serving bowl I have (that has a lid) and pre-mixed my own salad. Used a full head of Romaine, 1/2 head of iceberg, large handful of spinach, large handful of flat leaf parsley, 1/4 head red cabbage and radishes. The huge container fits perfectly on the bottom shelf of the fridge. This morning before work, I just tossed a couple big handfuls into a container along with a roma tomato. Grabbed a container with a cup of chili and 1/4 cup of homemade vegan sour cream. Snatched a banana and apple...cause I don't know what I'll want...and my work bag is packed with 100% healthy deliciousness! How do YOU plan for your days? Love to hear ideas/advice :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Welcome new joiners:
    Monday weigh in:
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 5
    Monday
    PW 233
    TW 230
    Yay! I made progress! 30 down since starting October 2019. I guess not eating 24 toll house cookies over a weekend helps. :D
    Joined a 5 week program at work. Hopefully this will get me out the 30's.

@wrknonmedaily Congratulations on 30lbs down! GREAT job not eating cookies, that's next to impossible for me! What is your work program like?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    @mrmcgrath Way to go on having a healthy Superbowl!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Smoky bean soup sounds amazing, I love beans! Your salad sounds great too, you're doing awesome at setting yourself up for success!

Planning for my day, I make my own cold brew and iced tea the day before. Sunday or Monday I usually make a batch of dried beans for salad and a bean/legume soup or chili but I'm taking a break from beans to see if they're causing bloating. I eat salad for lunch every day so I make sure I have ingredients, if I'm not able to eat it for lunch I end up craving it. Dinner I usually have a rough idea, I basically see what's on sale in the produce department and base meals around it. I've been eating oatmeal more often as it gets me 4 boxes on the Daily Dozen! I don't think I've ever hit 24 but it's still fun.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    edited February 2020
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Welcome new joiners:
    Monday weigh in:
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 5
    Monday
    PW 233
    TW 230
    Yay! I made progress! 30 down since starting October 2019. I guess not eating 24 toll house cookies over a weekend helps. :D
    Joined a 5 week program at work. Hopefully this will get me out the 30's.

@wrknonmedaily Congratulations on 30lbs down! GREAT job not eating cookies, that's next to impossible for me! What is your work program like?

Thank you @Katmary71
    Our building has a contract with the YMCA. They hold classes that, cost, and different times out the year they do a 5 week challenge. One in the summer with tracking steps. Last one was around the holidays, "Maintain Don't Gain." Missed that one. It cost 5 bucks to join. An InBody, Pre and Post challenge will be done using a machine to determine BMI, Body fat % and Muscle Mass % You will receive a fitness program guide consisting of strength training and cardio workouts, for the duration of the challenge. The top male and female with the highest percentage of improvement in body composition (decrease in body fat), will win a grand prize of a duffle bag filled with healthy living gifts! You can sign up on the web site for extra points by tracking completed workouts, drinking water, completing steps, and getting blood pressure checked 12th of the month. The YMCA does the blood pressure checks the 12th of each month for everybody that works on the campus. 50 people can join before they close the challenge.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    [/b

Steps:

2/1- 15,432
    2/2--7700
  • TeraBbreakingFree
    TeraBbreakingFree Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hello all, my name is Tera and I am new here. I'm 30 yr with an 11yr, 5yr, and 2yr. I want to try and loose some/ get more fit before my husband gets home from deployment. ultimately I would like to be about 30lbs down before the end of the year. I recently purchased a used elliptical to help get cardio in during my youngest nap time. Some of my bad habits are that I don't get enough sleep or drink enough water.

TeraBbreakingFree
    week 1
    Monday
    PW: 173.6
    CW: 172.6

STEPS
    02/01: 7,863
    02/02: 11,367
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Steps:
    Feb 1: 8736
    Feb 2: 9511
  • Cornanda
    Oh boy. I had this nice post typed up with responses to lots of things. I forwarded on to the next page to keep reading and responding and it all disappeared! I'm very inspired by your stories and the great work you have done- stopping smoking, meeting fitness goals, losing lots of weight! Thank you for sharing. I've seen a whole bunch of good losses for the week. It sure is nice to be here!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Sunday steps 9500
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Monday weigh in
    Rachelleahsmom
    week 4 I think
    Monday, Feb 3
    Previous weight 142
    Today's weight 142.5 :(
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    I love soup too. Made Spicy Lentil & Spinach and Carrot & Tomato over the weekend so I can alternate between the 2 each workday. Adding either salad or fruit & yogurt keeps me going until it's time to go home!
  • Cornanda
    Any one else wanting to throw out the leftover SuperBowl food that's tempting them?

Here's a quick intro- I'm 51, I live in Florida. I'm married 28 years. I have one in college and 1 HS senior, so the empty nest is looming on my horizon. On good days, I'm excited that I will have more time for myself and to explore things I want to do. Other days, I work on adjusting to what is ahead.

I've struggled with my weight all my life. In the past, I was able to "buckle down" and lose the 25ish pounds that needed to come off. The past three years, the weight has piled on and it's been really tough to get it to go anywhere. I've tried Weight Watchers, Cross Fit and more all with < 10 pound success rate. I need to lose 40. In December, I learned that I have some major high blood pressure. 200/110. I had no idea. No symptoms. I feel too young for this. It's come to the point where my weight is more than an annoying inconvenience- it's damaging my body and my future.

Trying to figure out what's best for me to get this show on the road.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Cornanda wrote: »
    Any one else wanting to throw out the leftover SuperBowl food that's tempting them?

Here's a quick intro- I'm 51, I live in Florida. I'm married 28 years. I have one in college and 1 HS senior, so the empty nest is looming on my horizon. On good days, I'm excited that I will have more time for myself and to explore things I want to do. Other days, I work on adjusting to what is ahead.

I am approaching the empty nest, too. I am “trying” to get excited about the next stage in life but honestly am having a hard time with it. My husband and I have already sat down and talked about it. We have seen many married couples who have had problems adjusting and we do not want that for ourselves. So we have come up with a game plan that includes things he enjoys, things I enjoy and things we both enjoy. A healthy balance.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Oh boy. I had this nice post typed up with responses to lots of things. I forwarded on to the next page to keep reading and responding and it all disappeared! I'm very inspired by your stories and the great work you have done- stopping smoking, meeting fitness goals, losing lots of weight! Thank you for sharing. I've seen a whole bunch of good losses for the week. It sure is nice to be here!

Which is why I always post using a Word doc. You can minimize it on your screen and type and read the post you are responding too and then post the whole thing and not lose it. ;)
  • Cornanda

Which is why I always post using a Word doc. You can minimize it on your screen and type and read the post you are responding too and then post the whole thing and not lose it. ;)

Thanks! What a great idea!
  • Cornanda
    And BTW- my name is Lisa
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hi new peeps!! I’m Bethanie and have been on a serious weight loss journey for the past year. I’ve stalled since November but I’m not letting that deter me at all. I have to keep moving regardless bc it helps me feel better, sleep better, and burn off my crazy.

@TeresaW1020 The tip about writing it out in a Word document is genius!!!!

Step Challenge
    February 1st - 4685

• Cornanda
    mrmcgrath wrote: »

I am approaching the empty nest, too. I am “trying” to get excited about the next stage in life but honestly am having a hard time with it. My husband and I have already sat down and talked about it. We have seen many married couples who have had problems adjusting and we do not want that for ourselves. So we have come up with a game plan that includes things he enjoys, things I enjoy and things we both enjoy. A healthy balance.

This is good. I've realized that part of the problem is that there is no natural "next step". It's not graduate, buy a house, etc. The next step is determined by us. And I (in particular) do not know what I want. And that makes me scared. But I want to jump out there and embrace it and figure it out.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@Cornanda, Lisa :) I lived in Florida for 15 years. I’m going down there at the end of the month to move my 77-year-old mother in with me. So, my empty nest is getting filled again. Just in a much different way. Fortunately, I didn’t have any Super Bowl food to tempt me! If it is tempting, you then just throw it away! I’m so glad you are here and working on your health. <3

@bethanie0825, hi!! Good to see you! I will put you down for the step challenge, so keep posting your steps and if you get behind just catch up on your weigh-in day. :)

@TeraBbreakingFree, ok first off, I love your username!! Second, that is an awesome coffee cup in your profile pic. B) Have you seen the habit tracker on the main page? Go there and sign up and put down a water and sleep goal. It just might help you stay more mindful. :)

Hi to everyone!! :) Sorry if I didn’t get to you but this day has gotten wayyyyy away from me and I still have several things to do before I can sit down and turn on some TV. Staying true to my promise to myself here is my accountability post. Read my thoughts for the day and see how Satan tried to mess me up! >:)

2/3 Accountability (Habit Tracker)
    Track Every Bite-I tracked every bite and was a bit over my calorie goal.
    NO gain on the scale-the scale was down a couple of tenths this morning.
    Workout or 7500 steps-I did a 30 minute cardio program and my booty is still killing from yesterday’s workout. Steps yesterday: 7207
    IF (17+ hrs)-I was so hungry today but I was determined to go for 17 hours which is my minimum and that is exactly what I did.
    Thoughts for the day- So, this happened to me this morning! I drove to work and was talking to God and asking for his help this week to stay on my plan. Then I come to work and there is this insurance guy waiting for me to give me some info on his company. In the bag of info is a small bag of gourmet chocolate chip cookies. After he left, I stood there looking at that bag of cookies contemplating the temptation that had just been hand-delivered to me. No one would know if I ate the cookies, right? Except for me…and God of course. ;) So, I opened that bag of cookies, smelled their deliciousness and then sprayed furniture polish into the bag and tossed them into the garbage. How many times have I been determined to stay on plan only to be confronted with temptation and giving in to it? NOT today!! I was so proud of myself that I called hubby and told him, who was also so proud of me. o:)

This discussion has been closed.