Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday Thinking
    Steps 03Feb2020 13,508

Had a great walk today listening to my podcast and thinking about things, the below are those -well, at least what I can recall. =>

Body image TMI warning!! My butt cheek dimples (my mom used to have me run down the hall naked to show them off when I was a toddler!) are sagging in on themselves after nearly 50 pounds off of this 56 year old toushie - what are these??? Wrimples? Drinkles? I'll say this, it's probably not attractive and I'm not going to man the mirrors to try to confirm my suspicions. This was not an issue years back but I'll take it over puffed out dimples on a huger bum! Now this may be an odd thing to say but I've felt pretty a time or two, although sometimes when I look in mirror, I see something not quite as good as what was in my head - like some little bulges by my bra or arms kinda flappy (to match my wrimply dinkles) and I don't like that too much. This is not a body bash, I'm reporting my perception. I do remember that dropping to a size 10 before is where I stopped feeling completely fat and now that I am in a size 12 again (first time in years), I can feel this again, there really is a perceptible difference in how I see myself as I get smaller. It feels strange - and I remember that, too.

Scale thoughts: you don't own me, biyatch!

I love your thoughts on these things!

• Cornanda
    Options
    prowell57 wrote: »
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories-under
    Water-under
    Exercise- don't know if this counts or not but it definitely was a workout. I carried loads and loads of split wood from our wood pile in back yard and stacked it all next to the front porch. We have a winter storm moving in around midnight tonight with snowfall expected around 4-8 inches and really cold temps. At least now we don't have to walk out in the snow for wood...just go out the front door and there it is lol.

Haven't been doing so good with my preplanned meals. My daughter came over and cooked dinner for us last night. Tonight we finished off the leftovers. I did good staying below my calories but went way over on carbs :( I think she's a carb-a-holic lol. Just about everything she cooks has lots of carbs.
    This week hasn't been my best but I'm not giving in! Tomorrow is a new day and a new start!

I'd say that's a work out! I've read a lot of progress you made lately- cut way back on smoking, set up the treadmill and thinking about what you are eating and tracking it is a good start!
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Here's my check in for the past couple days. Sometimes I feel that this whole thing is like trying to make a pile out of sand. Last week, I struggled with sleep and exercise. This week, I'm doing great with both of those, but my snacking is out of control! So.... when I add some sand to my pile, other sand slips off. I want the castle, all pressed and perfect, so I am not giving up!

However, I do think the scale owns me this week @raleigh_girl

2/4 steps: 10948
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories-under
    Water-under
    Exercise- don't know if this counts or not but it definitely was a workout. I carried loads and loads of split wood from our wood pile in back yard and stacked it all next to the front porch. We have a winter storm moving in around midnight tonight with snowfall expected around 4-8 inches and really cold temps. At least now we don't have to walk out in the snow for wood...just go out the front door and there it is lol.

Haven't been doing so good with my preplanned meals. My daughter came over and cooked dinner for us last night. Tonight we finished off the leftovers. I did good staying below my calories but went way over on carbs :( I think she's a carb-a-holic lol. Just about everything she cooks has lots of carbs.
    This week hasn't been my best but I'm not giving in! Tomorrow is a new day and a new start!

@prowell57 back in the day when people were hauling wood, chopping it first, hunting and gathering - they didn't know they were working out....YES, it's exercise!! Wooohooo for you! Hey, my first day in the new office - parking is so far away that I will get 10,000 steps just because I went, no walk. And I used the stairs to get back to the 6th floor of the parking deck - BOOM - exercise. :smiley: It's not a lot but I'm calling it!

Good job on the cals! My opinion (which is sometimes humble) is that I am less concerned with carbs except to try to keep them under 100 grams. You are so right, tomorrow is a new day and you didn't have a bad one today, seems like!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday quickie
    steps 04Feb2020 12,997

Quick one - not sure I'll get back on after going to my mom's, my stuffiness knows no bounds and is backed up by weird-took-allergy-medicine feelings in my head. No appetite all day, will likely not be able to close my diary but not going to worry about it. I'm mentally borrowing cals from the days I went waaaaaay over. =>

No time for a walk today (boo-hiss) but the parking at the new office is so far away from the actual door and desk that I'll get 10,000 today anyway. Had to take an extra trip to the car and used the stairs up to the 6th deck and also lost the car when I went back and wandered aimlessly - more steps, WOOHOO! Don't worry, this is me on a good day - let alone it being rainy, first day, medicine-head and empty stomach. I never get lost, merely misplaced for a short period of time. Also - as long as I remain on planet earth, I'm always within reach of getting back. Perspective.

Love ya bunches, mean it! =>
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! No time for personals tonight because Wednesday's evenings are for church and I'm beat. I do have something funny that happened tonight that I want to share. I work with elementary kids on Wednesday in a program called Awana. Our children's director, Anna is teaching the kids about missionaries this month and tonight we learned about a lady who was a missionary in China. So Anna played Chinese words for the kids to guess and then fed them some snacks. One snack was seaweed and it was sooooo funny to see how the kids responded. A very few actually liked it but many couldn't get to the trash fast enough to spit it out. I was the first to make it to the trash. Yuck!! :s:D

2/6 Accountability (Habit Tracker)
    Track Every Bite-Yup, every little bite and I adjusted where needed because I pre-tracked which is key for me!
    NO gain on the scale-the scale was down this morning!
    Workout or 7500 steps-I did a 60 minute booty workout on 80 Day Obsession and cleaned house.
    Steps for 2/4-8041
    IF (17+ hrs)-17 hrs. 32 min.
    Thoughts for the day-Exercise, food, water, and IF were all on track today. :) I really wanted some chocolate with my afternoon coffee but I had decided to give up last week to help me stay better on my calorie count so I had to tell myself to get over it and enjoy the hazelnut coffee by itself. I'm also very happy that I did the whole 60-minute booty program today and while I'm a little sore, I am not at all in the kind of pain that I was in last week. Progress is a wonderful feeling!! B)
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 what is think green?
  • prowell57
    Options
    Wednesday check-in 02/05/2020
    Calories- under
    Water- 41.8 oz
    Exercise- none

I've got to get myself motivated to start working out!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- elliptical, weights, yoga
    Water- over, got a pack of water bottles today and they're huge, 26oz each. I DO drink a ton of water now that I know the ounces I'm drinking!

Habits
    Gym 3xs a week- today was 2
    Cardio 30 minutes- hiked Yosemite for an hour on the elliptical at my Dad's gym, I wish my gym had machines with programs like that! After trying 3 different elliptical machines in the last year my gym's definitely are the worst, feels like the arms and legs are made for someone a foot taller than me.
    Core- on hold
    Yoga 2xs this week- did a hip yoga routine, 2nd this week. Definitely not good at doing moves standing on one leg!
    Decluttering- went through a few magazines at breakfast
    Recipe- nothing new yet, not at home

Hope everyone is doing great today!
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

We are trying to encourage all the team members to either lose weight or stay the same which means on the spreadsheet your weight is recorded in green. If you have a gain then it is recorded in red. We did it in January and had really great percentages of those who lost weight. So we have carried it over to this month. It's also a fun bit of competition between the teams to see who gets the best percentage. :)
  • prowell57
    Options

We are trying to encourage all the team members to either lose weight or stay the same which means on the spreadsheet your weight is recorded in green. If you have a gain then it is recorded in red. We did it in January and had really great percentages of those who lost weight. So we have carried it over to this month. It's also a fun bit of competition between the teams to see who gets the best percentage. :)

Oh ok. I thought maybe it had something to do with eating vegetables 😁.
  • prowell57
    Options
    Woke up this morning with a really stiff and sore shoulder. Lifting around on all this wood I guess has irritated it. Planning on taking it easy today as far as lifting on things.
    I did good on my water yesterday. Didn't get in my 64 oz but did drink 40 oz, that's a lot for me lol. Slowly learning to like drinking water.
    Having trouble motivating myself to get on the treadmill. I think it'd be easier if I had something to do while on the treadmill. Told my husband I wish I could set it up in the living room so I would have him to talk to or the TV to watch. It's set up in the spare bedroom and there's nothing in there but 4 empty walls and a window.
    What do y'all do to motivate yourself? I'll be glad when Spring/Summer gets here. I have no problem being motivated to work outside 🙂
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    Feb 3 - 6,698
    Feb 4 - 11,858
    Feb 5 - 5,213
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91
    Thursday weigh in
    PW: 171.9
    CW: 170.6
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check-in
    Calories: a little over; all good, on-plan choices
    Exercise: resistance training (35 min); outdoor brisk walk (32 min); platform stepping in the evening (37 min)
    Water: over
    Habit Tracker
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) ✔️
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) ✔️
    Grateful for: knees that let me run a few sprints!

Goals and Improvements for Today (Thursday)
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) - platform stepping
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    - Work on the To Do List
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options

We had a brief winter storm yesterday so no gym for me but I did walk in place while relaxing with the family in front of fire place last night.
    02/5
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 196.1
    Todays Weight 196.2💥

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: right on
    Exercise: walking and plank

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    5686 steps. 5500 goal steps
    miles
    burned calories
    33 active
    sleep score
    59 resting sleep
    1519 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 185g, goal > 271g, fat 55g, goal 44-77g, protein 75g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    Active (heart rate driven) minutes: 🏃‍♀️
    Complete food diary: 📖
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: candy 🍭
    Meet fiber in range:👎
    Daily self care (10 min): meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 📖
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours idk

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    @prowell57 I hope your shoulder loosens up quickly! If you're going somewhere with a pharmacy Tiger Balm helps, I've been using it daily for my chest strain along with icing. Only problem is it reeks of menthol, it's the strongest one I've ever used. For motivation I schedule the time I'm going to work out, put in my earbuds, start a workout playlist, put hair in ponytail and change, fill water bottle, then go to gym or get on bike. I usually tell myself ten minutes minimum, put on a warmup song that's 10 minutes and promise myself to get through that or at least do weights, then am usually warmed up and keep going. Reading on the bike helps pass the time but that may be harder on a treadmill.

@gwamajtw91 nice loss!

@mrmcgrath awesome dedication to still work out!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (1/29): 196.6
    Check in weight (2/8): 198.6

I am extremely frustrated this week. I have had pain in my right side for almost 2 weeks now. I am finally going to go see my doctor tomorrow. While I am fairly sure there is some inflammation going on, it is still frustrating to see the scale go up on me this way.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Steps:
    2/1- 816 (forgot my fitbit that day!)
    2/2-4084
    2/3-4146
    2/4-3921
    2/5-4935

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    UGH! I thought I did so good yesterday and only went over calories by 80. Closed out my food diary. And a couple hours later it popped into my head that I had a snack to tide me over before dinner. And that snack ended up costing me almost 400. So I want to throw my hands up and say, "screw it" and eat chips. But I won't. I will remind myself that it only put me at what my maintenance calories would be. Shouldn't cause any gain. Alright. Dusting myself off and about to eat this gorgeous lunch of greens, quinoa, tofu, and bell pepper topped with garlic tahini sauce. Thanks for listening ;)
  • TeresaW1020
    Options

@vegan4lyfe2012, good for you for NOT tossing your hands up and eating chips just because you forgot about the snack. That would have cost you even more calories and you would have been even more upset. Your lunch sounds lovely! :)

@leonadixon, uggghhh don’t you just hate when you forget your Fitbit! The good news is that I didn’t start counting steps until Feb. 2nd so your good! And I really hope the doctor can help you with your pain. <3

@mrmcgrath, relaxing in front of the fire sounds wonderful. I need to get DH to build us another fire before it gets too hot here to enjoy it. B)

@gwamajtw91, yayyyy for the weight loss!! And thanks for posting your steps. :)

@prowell57, sorry that your shoulder is hurting, and I hope you feel better soon. Girl, you need to turn that spare room into your workout sanctuary! That is what I’ve done and I love it. I have a TV in there so I can watch when I’m on my treadmill. If you can’t have a TV right now, can you watch YouTube videos or listen to music or books on your phone? :)

@raleighgirl09, how is your stuffiness doing today? I just started using a neti pot and it was weird at first, but I LOVE it now. Totally clears out my nose so I can breathe! :)
This discussion has been closed.