MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• Kpaige428
    Kpaige428 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    My name is Kim. I am 34 years old, married to my husband of almost 10 years and have a 7 year old son. I also have 2 dogs and 2 cats. I am currently 156lbs hoping to get down to 140lbs by summer and then ultimately get into the 130s. My son loves all kinds of sports so I’d like to be able to stay healthy and active to keep up with him. Looking forward to doing this challenge with all of you and getting to know everyone.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    A reminder that we start tomorrow!!

3cwokrdx6lnf.png
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Starting Weight (1/26): 198.0

I hope I'm doing this right. My weekly weigh-in is on Sundays, so tomorrow would be my "Week 1", correct? I am off to think about 5 habits I'd like to focus on for February. This group is so positive and I am really looking forward to getting to know everyone more and to get focused on my weight loss journey. Thanks, everyone!

Yes!! Tomorrow (and every Sunday) you post the following information. It helps if you put your weigh-in day on its own post so @broncobuddee can easily find you and record on the spreadsheet. :) I do an excel spreadsheet on my computer with the following info and then just copy/paste each week. It also gives me an ongoing record of how I'm progressing. Yayyy for the habit tracker!! :)

Username: (Your MFP username)
    Weigh-in week: (The week you are entering your weight for ex. Week 4)
    Weigh-in day: (The day you weigh in each week. Sat-Fri)
    Previous Weight: (The last weight you entered)
    Todays Weight: (Your weight on your chosen weigh-in day)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Our February Moderators' Challenge is UP! The first day's question (for tomorrow) has been posted, so go ahead and put in some answers. There will be a new question every day - so I hope lots of people will join in and make the discussions packed with info and insights.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    prowell57 wrote: »
    My goals/habits for this year is to stop smoking, lower my A1C number and get away from that diabetes line, start working out and drinking more water. I'm not a big fan of drinking water so that's going to be a big one! Also, without saying...to reach a healthy weight!

Lots of folks here can relate to this! I'm also a former smoker and have been smoke free this time for about 11 years - once before for 15 and went back to it for 2 when I was a wreck of a mess. These are all great goals - if you haven't done it yet, you may want to consider adding some beginning steps to the habit tracker, create some baby steps daily goals that lead to all of these. It's pretty awesome to see all of the small habits add up and it's a great visual reminder to keep doing the small steps that add up. =>
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories: under
    Water: under
    Exercise: Still working on setting up a exercise routine.

Habits/Goals
    1- Drink 64 ounces water daily
    2- Allow myself some "me" time
    3- Work on not smoking
    4- Work on organizing home
    5- Walk daily
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    kayla7303 wrote: »
    Kayla7303
    PW 186.7
    CW 185.0

@kayla7303 Excellent weigh in, you'te doing so well!
  • prowell57
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I won't be able to do the step challenge as I don't have a way to count my steps.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I won't be able to do the step challenge as I don't have a way to count my steps.

I don't have a step counter, either. Just so you know you're not the only one :smile:
  • raleighgirl09
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in

Well, it's been a much better day - I'll take it.

@vegan4lyfe2012 we're looking forward to getting to know you better, and sharing in your triumphs!!
    @Katmary71 so glad to see your intro and learn more about you - wow, what a journey! And an A1C of 4.5 is dreamy, what an amazing NSV!
    @AustinRuadhain I love this: I am a big believer in everyone needing to figure out what food and exercise path work for them -- their personalities and preferences, their bodies, their genetics, their microbiome, etc. What works for some doesn't work for all, I have found there is a vast array of ways to be successful - and it is not one size fits all! =>
    @its_cleo so glad that January is a closed chapter for you! You really had the crappola pile on but you've really shown so much perseverance in working through the challenges. Here's looking forward with you to a much-better February
    @mrmcgrath “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” I worked for a doctor once who said - You can pay the money for the fruit and healthy food or you can pay the co-pays. Overall health really is driven by the quality of the fuel we give our bodies
    @TeresaW1020 wow, thank you so much for the kind words! It's exciting to share knowledge with each other and both give and get the support that helps make the journey a little bit easier, just for having it =>

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? yes, all 3! Some changes but all within plan-type choices
    Times? B 12p, L 4p, D
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger?
    Exercise? 3.25 milk walk in the hood - 1 hr, usually 1.25!! [log steps from day before] (steps 31Jan2020 9,150)
    Sleep? 11p-830a [log the morning after]
    Assessed the previous day / week / month? The last week was quite the drama fest of bad choices. I always want to eat at night, for example, but this past week I just did several times without asking myself why. Some days I didn't log any food, most days I did not pre-plan or pre-log. Thank goodness for the food prep I do as at least a lot of the choices were better options, even if overeaten. Feel really good about yesterday and today, and today has an easy feel to it. One thing to note and watch - I most definitely make crappier choices when I first choose to drink more than usual. I have become fond of gin and it's best to me just on the rocks - so good, in fact, that having 2-3 back to back is not hard at all and then....well, you can imagine. That bad choice is followed by more and then they just pile on top of one another.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    @Kpaige428 Welcome to the group, it's great to meet you Kim!

@

I don't have a step counter, either. Just so you know you're not the only one :smile:

I don't have one either, it's on my wish list! I can't decide what I want more, an air fryer or Fitbit!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike
    Water- over

OK, not the best eating day. I ate my lunch salad and felt like eating still. I knew it was because I was in pain and mad at myself for carrying stuff while cleaning and making my injuries worse. I guess the good thing is I don't have anything high calorie in the house, I had 4 low carb/calorie tortillas with vegetables and salsa, so around 300 calories damage which my workout covered.

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- done
    Cardio 30 minutes a day- done
    Strength/core- grrr, can't do!
    Yoga- had to take a break
    Decluttering/cleaning- aside of cardio this is the one habit I did well with today, 8 garbage bags of clothes and junk in the garage, I couldn't stand all the bags in my bathroom and stupidly carried them to the garage, my ice packs are getting a workout and I'm mad at myself! Went through some magazines and tossed.
    Recipe- maple soy salmon, finished tonight and won't be home tomorrow so I'll have to figure out Monday. Still have my mystery produce item, the yuca or cassava, to make and it's a high calorie food, looking at garlic mash and eating a spoonful a day!
  • prowell57
    Options
    prowell57
    Weigh-in week 1
    Sunday 02/02/20
    PW: 198.6
    CW: 195.4
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @prowell57 and @vegan4lyfe2012, it’s totally OK that you don’t have step trackers and can’t post your count. It’s just another fun way to keep those who do motivated. If either of you has an idea of another type of challenge you would like to see in our group, please let me know! :)

Ohhhhh and @prowell57, congrats on your great weight loss this week!! What did you do so right to achieve a 3.2 lb loss? B)
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Our February Moderators' Challenge is UP! The first day's question (for tomorrow) has been posted, so go ahead and put in some answers. There will be a new question every day - so I hope lots of people will join in and make the discussions packed with info and insights.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783307/leaping-groundhogs-the-02-2020-questions-challenge#latest

TEAM SLIMPOSSILBES!! Don't miss out on this challenge! It's a great way to meet others from the groups. You will see how much we all have in common and you will also find some great advice and tips to help you along with your weight loss or maintenance journey.

AND...Phil says we will have an early spring!!! :)B)<3

o2u8vogxi0f6.jpg
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    CHeckin

Name itscleo
    Week- 1?
    PW 156.2
    CW 156.2

I wanted to see a drop but I will take neutral!

@Kpaige428 welcome! Sounds like a full house with the kids and the pets and the husband- I bet they all keep you busy.

@Katmary71 I have the same issue with pics. The activities I did last week: running x2, stair/hill circuit x1, upper body strength work out with trainer, lower body strength workout with trainer, 2 core workouts. That is 7. There was supposed to be another upperbody workout yesterday but bc of my bicep I eased off so I made 7/8.

The therapist- it's a psychologist I see once a month. I've known her for 20 years. She is actually past retirement age but she keeps working, although this broken arm may be serious enough that she retires. So I'm kind of worried about what will happen. I don't need to see her but I like to.

My exercise goals this week- dropping to 6 activities this week bc I really pushed it this week and last. So it will be:

-run x2
    -2 strength training sessions with trainer
    -1 core workout
    - choice between another core workout or another upper body workout depending how the bicep feels.

Plus: 10 mins of mobility/Foam roller work before each workout.

Injury update

Bicep tendonitis - yesterday I did some massage myself and it seemed to feel better. So I'm optimistic it's slowly improving.

The wrist- I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. It's just so weird to think I have arthritis. I associate it with age I guess. So because I thought it was an injury I've been keeping it still for months. So yesterday I tried some very gentle movements- like make a fist and bend up and down. And yep within an hour it stiffened right up and hurt. It kind of always hurts a little bit just this low grade pain. It's so weird mentally to get used to. I bought one of those topical creams but it doesnt really work. I don't want to take painkillers every day so I will stick with the topical for now anyway.

So I'm trying to be optimistic- the one step forward last week was getting a proper diagnosis. The upcoming week I see my family doc so hopefully she has a good perspective on what I should do. I've been trying to read some stuff too.

@TeresaW1020 I think I will skip the step challenge this time!
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    02/2
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 196.1
    Todays Weight 195.8💥

Yesterday
    Calories: maintenance
    Water: over/under? Over
    Macros: right on
    Exercise: arms and thighs FitOn

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    5675 steps. 5500 goal steps
    2.46 miles
    2392 burned calories
    23 active
    84 sleep score
    59 resting sleep
    1974 calories consumed

Macros by grams. carb 232g, goal > 278g, fat 84g, goal 44-77g, protein 90g, goal 70g

Basic Goals
    Active (heart rate driven) minutes: 🏋️‍♀️
    Complete food diary: 📖
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 💦
    Stay below sugar goal: candy 🍭
    Meet fiber in range:🥬
    Daily self care (10 min): meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 📖 🍣
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 💤

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive
    Welcome to all new members!

Yesterday was a great day and I can only hope the rest of the month goes the same way.

• Motiv8tedMom
    Motiv8tedMom Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Motiv8tedmom
    Sunday weigh in
    Pw: 209
    Cw: 207.5
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My weigh in is on Monday and today is Superbowl Sunday! What will happen? Here's to not eating too many chips and dip!
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    February 2 steps = 11,002
This discussion has been closed.