how tall of a heel will you wear ???

Options
124»

Replies

• christyfurr
    Options
    I love HIGH heels but after all the wear and tear did to my feet growing up I now have to buy better quality more expensive high heel shoes that provide support and comfort for the long work day !!

I ROCK my Stillettos every now and then - love the look from the men who fantasize about tall women and LONG legs !!!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2, so 2.5" is my limit. I do have some latex zip-up boots with a 4" heels that I used to wear, but these days they're more like part of a Halloween costume. My husband is 5'8, so anymore than a few inches more and it's getting ridiculous.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Nice pic mgobluetx12. :)

Gunnerslove - Aww, I know exactly where you are coming from. Sometimes you gotta fake it until you make it I guess.
  • Change4mygirls
    Change4mygirls Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love wedges...I can wear thick wedges but heels...not much more than 1 1/2 inches...they just hurt my feet. :(
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    lizw123 wrote: »
    I'm 5'8.5" and I used to wear very high heels occasionally. I didn't mind towering over other women, or even some men. There was one guy I worked with once who used to act very superior to me and one day when he started, I simply stood up and said "Yes?" This made him have to crane his neck to look up at me, which was quite funny in the circumstances.

Lately I have found heels too uncomfortable and am getting rid of them ALL. I now want to wear flats or very low heels. My favourites are Louis heels, kitten heels and those really tiny heels. I don't know if I'll feel comfortable in heels again when I've lost a lot of weight but will just have to see.

COOL!!!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Ghost thread - reading over it, can't believe so many are comfortable in heels. My feet hurt just thinking about it. I go barefoot when I can, flip flops all summer, flat sandals and sneakers in winter. Used to own some dress shoes, but they rusted out sitting in the closet.
  • ginnybrock
    ginnybrock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Urgh, no heels ever! I'm 6'1" btw. They're so painful and bad for your body...and they are just not my style.
    But my hat goes off to you all that love to wear them, you look awesome!
  • DanielleFayeS
    DanielleFayeS Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    I"m 5'10" and like 3 inch wedges mostly, or flats. But only with dresses - everyday wear is always black athletic shoes. I did but one pair of 5 inch goth boots with ribbons all up the back that I love.
  • aWildFlowere
    aWildFlowere Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I can no longer wear stilletos or high heels except wide, spool or wedge heels. Once I have knee replacement someday I will re-explore those skinny heeled types yet comfort wins over fashion. Besides I rarely want to be 6'5" or taller. My BF loves it but he doesn't have to walk in them;) I used to runway in heels but feet, knees, hips and back play a huge part in ability and comfort in middle age.
  • feliciaboots
    feliciaboots Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and normally I'm in flats due to cement floors at work but out and about 3" is my normal. I have worn 8" heels with a 2" platform out before though. :)
  • aWildFlowere
    aWildFlowere Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear heels anymore as horrible for my knees, ankles and back. I really don't see the purpose of them other than serving a fashion fetish and a men's fantasy. Men don't wear tortuous footwear that ends up creating health issues so why should we be so brainwashed by them and the media that heels are critical for being sexy? I had a 6'8" husband...other than being with him heels only made me stand out even more and I rarely like being the star of the circus @6'5" or taller in heels. Men who think women should wear heels to their detriment need to wear them themselves as often and for the duration that they expect their lady to wear them.
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and will wear all the way up to 6 inches if I love the shoe. Being super tall in the heels doesn't bother me a bit.
  • Marlie22
    Marlie22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft tall and I wear any heels that I want to the taller the better as long as I can still walk in them and not look like bambi wobbling around. Lol I've never been ashamed of my height. I love it and it's probably the only thing i love about myself. Yall need to embrace that about yourselves.
  • Grace_spaceship
    Grace_spaceship Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft10 and if I'm wearing heels they are 5 inches or more. I used to hate being taller than everyone but now I love it. I don't care that they make me taller than my boyfriend, I want everyones eyes on me and my long strong legs when I walk in a room!