SHRINKING ASSETS - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    2020 Week 3
    wqaeq6xf354n.jpg

We are missing a few people though I have to close off January's results. There were some mighty numbers in week 4 smashing the previous weeks individual totals with @kilobykilo narrowly edging our newcomer @suzyjmcd2 and both being well over 100,000 steps for the week. 3rd and 4th were so close, literally a walk down the road separated @bigblues11 and @mustb60
    1st - @kilobykilo 112,170
    2nd - @suzyjmcd2 110,846
    3rd - @bigblues11 73,773
    4th - @mustb60 73,467

Thank you to @TwinMomma2019 and @LaurieWrobo put in their largest number of steps in week 4, and also @hipari who kept those steps coming in every day in a tough week to keep our total higher.

For January in total our week 4 top 2 swap places thought it is the same three that have shown great consistency each week that take the medals. 4th, 5th and 6th were almost a blanket finish and deserve a leaderboard place.
    1st - @suzyjmcd2 362,604
    2nd - @kilobykilo 356,235
    3rd - @bigblues11 347,166
    4th - @boehle 223,209
    5th - @mustb60 219,966
    6th - @corporatelawmom 217,143

You all deserves congratulations on your efforts that gave us 3,869,106 steps since the start of the year. That is an incredible amount between us!!! For those that love their stats nearly everyone managed 10,000 steps at least once, though nobody managed it everyday.

Many people have already given week 5 steps so thank you :smiley: those that will bring everything up to date are;
    @LaurieWrobo 7th Feb to 8th Feb
    @bigblues11 2nd Feb to 8th Feb
    @boehle 26th Jan to 1st Feb and 3rd Feb to 8th Feb
    @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong 26th Jan to 8th Feb
    @CatherineElizabeth13 19th Jan to 8th Feb
    @corporatelawmom 6th Feb to 8th Feb
    @iamworthy14 26th Jan to 8th Feb
    @ells_runs 29th Jan to 8th Feb
    @Beka3695 2nd Feb to 8th Feb

Steps:
    2/7
    2/8
  • TwinMomma2019
    TwinMomma2019 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Username: TwinMomma2019
    Weigh in week: February week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 170.4
    Today's Weight: 170.0
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Iamworthy14
    Monday
    Pw 162
    CW 164.8

ugggg
  • corporatelawmom
    corporatelawmom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Steps:

Feb. 6 - 7,444
    Feb. 7 - 6,803
    Feb. 8 - 8,725
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @cre804 Weekends are so difficult when eating out. I really wish all restaurants would post the calories for their dishes. It is so hard to guess accurately. I really struggle with this on my weekends too, so I feel for you! I hope it went well! Also – CONGRATS on fitting into your smaller jeans!!! That is the BEST feeling ever.

@kilobykilo Light is so nice! It is awesome that you have a job that gives you some flexibility. :) Yeah I think most people, even in WI, probably see the sun more than I do. At least I like my job!

@laurieWrobo & @SheilaCali You guys are so close to me - I’m near Madison! What a small world! Can’t wait for those nice, sunny spring days – they are coming fast!

@Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong NICE loss! Also I love the sculpture – it puts into perspective what we are going for, and how long the process really takes. It is so worth it in the end though!

@hipari I also do onboarding where I work – It can be so stressful when so many new people start at once, especially so close to the new year or anytime you are transitioning to new material. You can get through it!! Hopefully this week is better for you. <3

@boehle, @kilobykilo, & @TheMrWobbly – Way to go TOP 3!!!

• bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Last weeks Step count;

2nd Feb -13,870
    3rd Feb -13,202
    4th Feb -13,573
    5th Feb -12,456
    6th Feb -12,358
    7th Feb -13,100
    8th Feb -7,403

:)
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hi tuesday, you came around quickly!

So not ready for the working week...... but I've no choice so better make it a good one!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Pamela_Sue wrote: »
    Pamela_Sue

Ouch! Gained 4 pounds. I did have Panda Express Chinese yesterday with lots of soy sauce, so hopefully it is mostly water weight. We shall see.

Panda Express is bruital but so darn tasty!!!
    I feel your pain!
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly so sorry, thanks for the reminder! Here’s my steps:

0ygifv667mjr.jpeg
    f4r7gmebcyor.jpeg
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong and that took us over 3.5 Million steps for weeks 1-4!
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Snow skiing tonight! :) Swish, swish, swish!

Which is a good thing because the last few days my weight has been up a few lbs. I weigh myself every day, but only record the weight on Fridays.

I am really hoping that it drops again before weigh-in later this week! It always makes me nervous and frustrated to see it go up when I am trying hard and doing everything right.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly - my steps are updated
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing good. If anyone has read my blog - about 16 years ago - I was almost 600 lbs. (562.3) I lost over 350 lbs and was in People Mag. Half their Size. I had went to a medically supervised weight loss program and for the first 12 weeks I was on a VLC diet. That gave me a kick start and I had lost 60 lbs.

Over the next 18 months, I lost another 290 lbs to get down to 217. I did food logging and exercise to lose the rest of the weight. I am 6' 3" tall. After keeping the weight off for about 8 years, I slowly gained a good bit of weight back. Not all of it, my high weight was 414, but too damn much to be sure. Anyway, today - I am down 55 lbs. I am 359. That is 204 lbs from my highest weight. I don't really count that anymore - so 55 is the number.

I found an old interview I did for the Methodist Hospital weight loss program. I thought you might like to see it. https://youtube.com/watch?v=6W2OoMzEIzk&t=4s

I just need to lose another 159 lbs to get back to my goal weigh. ;) Slow and steady wins the race.

Just to be clear - food logging is the way to go. I am not advertising for the program I went to 13 years ago. If this is not allowed because it mentions another company - please feel free to delete. I just thought it did a good job telling my weight loss journey.

That's incredible! Way to go - I'm sure it took a phenomenal amount of work - physically and mentally! Congrats! And let's keep it up!!
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Wednesday morning and I'm absolutely knackered..... will I make it to the weekend?!

@CharlesScott78 I had a look at your video, really nice to put a person to the typeface :) you did amazingly well and I'm sure you'll get there again this time with the fantastic progress you're making.

@guitargirl55 I hope you enjoyed skiing and get your whoosh :)

I didn't track yesterday, I I snacked too much, I was achy from my longest nonstop run to date (8.61km) on Monday, and had wayyyyy too much to get done to focus.

I'm hoping a ton of water and good choices today will help me to make scale miracles happen, but I'm not counting my chickens!

Happy Wednesday everyone :)
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    6ts6693v0eru.jpg
    6u7vzjqqtdj9.jpg
    My entry into today's challenge (running for the month of feb and providing great food for thought)

v5cm15sw7cy8.jpg
This discussion has been closed.