DOWNSIZERS - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Struggling this week. Need to grind out this week 😔

You got this! You are doing amazing with the challenge! Check in here for any support you need. We got you!
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!!

PW 169.2
    CW 169.0

Goal Weight 145

I hope everyone is doing well with their goals, I saw something that said most people who set goals at the new year give up by Valentines day, so I am hoping to see everyone here next week and beyond!! You got this!!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Username: cardio_enthusiast
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight:184.4 pounds
    Current weigh 183.9 pounds
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday check in

Calories: just under
    Exercise: 50 minute walk
    Water: success

Tomorrow I am going to do my normal walk and go to the pool. I am going to swim laps and do some pool fitness.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Struggling this week. Need to grind out this week 😔

Me too! Last week was so good for me but this week I’m consumed by work again. Let’s gets through this week and make some goals for week 3. What do you need to focus to make next week a better one?
  • Kres567
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday!!

PW 169.2
    CW 169.0

Goal Weight 145

I hope everyone is doing well with their goals, I saw something that said most people who set goals at the new year give up by Valentines day, so I am hoping to see everyone here next week and beyond!! You got this!!

Thank you so much for posting this! I’m not giving up! We are going away with some friends this weekend and I’m going to use this time to refocus for next week. I’m finishing February in the green!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 11-February
    13,362 steps
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Tuesday 02/11

Calories: Over (this is getting out of hand!)
    Water: 2.650L
    Steps: 18,519
    Exercise: Gym Session (cardio ❤️ + strength 💪🏻)

Hey Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike.....Guess what day it is!!! HUMP DAY!!!!

Haha happy Wednesday everyone! It’s my rest day today which means I’m going to be doing house chores, laundry, grocery shopping, driving older kids around to their activities and trying to do all this with my 4 year old following me going Mom, mommy, momma, ma, ma, ma, mommy, mom, mummy, momma, mom.......

Yesterday was a good day, the scale went and tricked me by telling me I had lost almost 2 lbs over night. Got on it like 10 times and kept saying the same thing. This morning I am back up (still with a small loss but nothing as crazy) so I’m a bit ticked that it was a fluke. Ahh well I’m still gonna keep kicking major butt because I WILL be reaching goals no matter how slow I go.

My February goals are......

Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    Go to the gym 4 times a week (30min cardio + 1 hour strength on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri)
    Run 5K on Saturday's
    Walk at least 1 hour on Sunday's
    Zumba every Monday night (unless class is cancelled)
    Wednesday’s are rest day.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday!!

PW 169.2
    CW 169.0

Goal Weight 145

Oh you’ll still see me here my friend. We were made to survive way far and beyond anyone’s expectations! Let’s go! Nice loss BTW ❤️💪🏻
    Username: cardio_enthusiast
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight:184.4 pounds
    Current weigh 183.9 pounds

Nice loss! ❤️💪🏻
    Tuesday check in

Calories: just under
    Exercise: 50 minute walk
    Water: success

Tomorrow I am going to do my normal walk and go to the pool. I am going to swim laps and do some pool fitness.

So happy you are feeling better enough to get back to your normal workouts! Kick butt tomorrow! 💪🏻

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Valentines Day is on Friday. A lot of us will be celebrating with chocolates, restaurant dinners and wine! What way are you celebrating 🥳 and how to plan to keep it in check?
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Valentines Day is on Friday. A lot of us will be celebrating with chocolates, restaurant dinners and wine! What way are you celebrating 🥳 and how to plan to keep it in check?

Hubby has made reservations at a nice restaurant, but I asked him not to get me chocolate. I will have (actually we will split) this amazing chocolate dessert they have, but it won’t be calling my name for days. It’ll be one and done! I’ll probably skip the wine this year since I’ve only had 2 glasses in about 6-7 months. So I’ll save some calories that way. I will also try to have a big salad for lunch—homemade with control of toppings, to keep calorie count down prior to the big dinner. I will also plan on exercising before work on Friday.

What other strategies are y’all doing?
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Wednesday Check In

Calories: under
    Exercise: none really
    Water: almost there

Tomorrow: already have healthy lunch packed (leftovers from tonight’s dinner. Plan on getting an exercise bike routine done early
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Steps for 2/11—10,200
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Steps for 2/11—10,200

I don’t have your steps for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I apologize if you posted and I missed them.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    Steps for 2/11—10,200

I don’t have your steps for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I apologize if you posted and I missed them.

2/8= 9276
    2/9= 5573
    2/10= 10,073

Sorry about that. Not sure what happened, but there they are anyway! Thanks for tracking this for us!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: walk 70 minutes, swim 15 minutes and 20 minutes of aqua fit exercises
    Water: way over goal

I used the weights the have for aqua fit classes and did a workout. I need to google exercises to do in the pool. I swim pretty fast, so I got tired fast. I forgot to stretch so I will feel it tomorrow. I am going to go back tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I will get my walk in.
  • Kres567
    Options

I am taking the day off and packing for a weekend away with friends in the mountains. There will be a bit of indulgence but also activity - skiing and exploring Banff. I’m focusing on time with friends and family over food.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Tuesday 02/11

Calories: Over (this is getting out of hand!)
    Water: 2.650L
    Steps: 18,519
    Exercise: Gym Session (cardio ❤️ + strength 💪🏻)

Hey Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike.....Guess what day it is!!! HUMP DAY!!!!

Haha happy Wednesday everyone! It’s my rest day today which means I’m going to be doing house chores, laundry, grocery shopping, driving older kids around to their activities and trying to do all this with my 4 year old following me going Mom, mommy, momma, ma, ma, ma, mommy, mom, mummy, momma, mom.......

Yesterday was a good day, the scale went and tricked me by telling me I had lost almost 2 lbs over night. Got on it like 10 times and kept saying the same thing. This morning I am back up (still with a small loss but nothing as crazy) so I’m a bit ticked that it was a fluke. Ahh well I’m still gonna keep kicking major butt because I WILL be reaching goals no matter how slow I go.

My February goals are......

Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    Go to the gym 4 times a week (30min cardio + 1 hour strength on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri)
    Run 5K on Saturday's
    Walk at least 1 hour on Sunday's
    Zumba every Monday night (unless class is cancelled)
    Wednesday’s are rest day.

Today was your rest day??? 🤣🤣 I’m exhausted just reading it!
  • Kres567
    Options
    One of my friends from another team in the challenge shared something posted on her team thread - “Can my health really wait for the perfect week?”

Totally hit home for me. I worked 8 hours straight today no break for lunch and only got up once to fill my water. That’s not what I call healthy. And I certainly don’t feel it this week. I am going to think about this while I am away this weekend and how I can get back to incorporating morning workouts and lunch time walks into my day.

Does anyone else have anything to add? Does this question resonate with you like it did for me?
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options

I'm not much of a holiday guy. I always forget when Valentine's day is. I've already bought my wife roses knowing the day had to be close.

Steps

2/11-4774
    2/12-9747
This discussion has been closed.