mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Wednesday 02/12

Calories: Over 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Water: 3L
    Steps: 16,194
    Exercise: Rest Day 😌

Happy Thursday teammates! I had an ok rest day yesterday. I wish I had gotten a bit more actual rest but a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do. Sometimes I few like I’m running around like a headless chicken. This morning I’m up again on the scale. It really has no rhyme or rhythm does it. It’s so random this week. Could be because of my TOM but one day I’m down 2 lbs the next day I’m up 2 lbs it’s truly frustrating to say the least. But I’m still pushing forward. I’m still showing up and getting it done. I’ve improved so much these past couple of weeks. I know it’s just a matter of time before I begin to see results.

My February goals are......

Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    Go to the gym 4 times a week (30min cardio + 1 hour strength on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri)
    Run 5K on Saturday's
    Walk at least 1 hour on Sunday's
    Zumba every Monday night (unless class is cancelled)
    Wednesday’s are rest day.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Valentines Day is on Friday. A lot of us will be celebrating with chocolates, restaurant dinners and wine! What way are you celebrating 🥳 and how to plan to keep it in check?

I’m lucky it’s not really a popular holiday in France. You get a few nice chocolate boxes and flowers type sales in shops. It nothing crazy like I remember in the states. No giant bears and balloons cards romantic dinners etc. At least not that I’ve witnessed. My husband and I never make a big deal of it. We usually just make a favorite meal for ourselves and open a bottle of wine. He may buy flowers but I’ve told him not to as they just wither within a couple of days so no need to throw money away like that. We are quite content just being together ❤️
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Wednesday check in

Calories: under
    Exercise: walk 70 minutes, swim 15 minutes and 20 minutes of aqua fit exercises
    Water: way over goal

I used the weights the have for aqua fit classes and did a workout. I need to google exercises to do in the pool. I swim pretty fast, so I got tired fast. I forgot to stretch so I will feel it tomorrow. I am going to go back tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I will get my walk in.

Yea! 💪🏻🏊🏼‍♀️ I love aqua type workouts. I used to do aquagym and aqua biking last year but stopped due to my surgeries. I may join again next season! Well done !!
    Kres567 wrote: »
    One of my friends from another team in the challenge shared something posted on her team thread - “Can my health really wait for the perfect week?”

Totally hit home for me. I worked 8 hours straight today no break for lunch and only got up once to fill my water. That’s not what I call healthy. And I certainly don’t feel it this week. I am going to think about this while I am away this weekend and how I can get back to incorporating morning workouts and lunch time walks into my day.

Does anyone else have anything to add? Does this question resonate with you like it did for me?

Food for thought! I don’t know how working moms manage. I’ve been lucky to be able to stay home with the kids and focus solely in taking care of my family and home. It gives me time to really focus on my health and workouts etc. I truly admire those who have full time jobs plus being full time moms plus making time for yourselves. THAT is a true warrior right there. Sending my love to each and every one of you queens 👸🏻 ! Shout out to dads as well! Working ones and stay at home ones. 💪🏻
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Valentines Day is on Friday. A lot of us will be celebrating with chocolates, restaurant dinners and wine! What way are you celebrating 🥳 and how to plan to keep it in check?

I am taking the day off and packing for a weekend away with friends in the mountains. There will be a bit of indulgence but also activity - skiing and exploring Banff. I’m focusing on time with friends and family over food.

I must say I'm a bit jealous over your time in Banff. Please share some pics when you get back!!! Love your focus on friends and family over food! What a great strategy. Take every opportunity to do something amazing in Banff, and you'll be fine. Think of this "Elevation Junkie" (my trail name) when you are in Banff.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    UTMom81
    Thursday Weigh In
    Week 2 (I think)
    Previous: 166.2
    Current: 165.8

Not the bigger loss I'd hoped for, but I'll take it. At least it's GREEN!

Steps for 2/12 = 7,888
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options

I am taking the day off and packing for a weekend away with friends in the mountains. There will be a bit of indulgence but also activity - skiing and exploring Banff. I’m focusing on time with friends and family over food.

I am jealous! I love Banff. When I was posted in Edmonton it was one of my favourite places to go.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    r858gira4va2.jpeg
    WEEK 1 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 516,506 STEPS

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@mari_moulin 135,989 steps
    @cardio_enthusiast 95,600 steps
    @19shmoo69 89,961 steps

Great stepping all! Let’s see if we can step more in week two.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »

Hubby has made reservations at a nice restaurant, but I asked him not to get me chocolate. I will have (actually we will split) this amazing chocolate dessert they have, but it won’t be calling my name for days. It’ll be one and done! I’ll probably skip the wine this year since I’ve only had 2 glasses in about 6-7 months. So I’ll save some calories that way. I will also try to have a big salad for lunch—homemade with control of toppings, to keep calorie count down prior to the big dinner. I will also plan on exercising before work on Friday.

What other strategies are y’all doing?

My husband is the most unromantic guy you can find. So when he said we would go to my favourite restaurant I was shocked. I am going to give up my Friday sanity snack this week. (Small bag of chips and a pop) Like you I will share the dessert and maybe only have a protein shake for lunch.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    One of my friends from another team in the challenge shared something posted on her team thread - “Can my health really wait for the perfect week?”

Totally hit home for me. I worked 8 hours straight today no break for lunch and only got up once to fill my water. That’s not what I call healthy. And I certainly don’t feel it this week. I am going to think about this while I am away this weekend and how I can get back to incorporating morning workouts and lunch time walks into my day.

Does anyone else have anything to add? Does this question resonate with you like it did for me?

I am retired so every week should be a perfect week but yet I find myself making excuses to put things off. Excuses like the sidewalks are icy, I can’t leave Molly and I am tired. I think there is a little social anxiety about going to the gym or pool. My health can’t wait. I am 55 and I have waited for the perfect week long enough.

I remember trying to do all this when I was working and the kids were young. It was really hard. I admire those of you working or with young kids because I find losing weight is a full time job in itself.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday check in:

Calories: under
    Exercise: 60 minute walk
    Water: met goal

No swimming as I ended up babysitting my granddaughters. The pool is closed on Monday as it is a holiday but I will be swimming with my granddaughter on Saturday.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I am now curious what a Banff is. I'll have to Duckduckgo it.
    I reread my Valentine post and it sounds a bit yuck. To possibly redeem myself I'll share something I did for my wife. I made a promise that for a year she would never have wilted flowers. So every week and sometimes twice a week I bought her a bouquet.

My steps for 2/13 are 20169.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    I am now curious what a Banff is. I'll have to Duckduckgo it.
    I reread my Valentine post and it sounds a bit yuck. To possibly redeem myself I'll share something I did for my wife. I made a promise that for a year she would never have wilted flowers. So every week and sometimes twice a week I bought her a bouquet.

My steps for 2/13 are 20169.

Banff is a national park in Canada that is supposed to be spectacular! On my bucket list!!!
    swy9zkm7xb50.jpeg
  • UTMom81
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Thursday Check In

Calories: right on my limit
    Exercise: bike routine before work and lots of steps at work
    Water: if I could count Diet Coke, I’d be great! :#

Tomorrow: try to resist!

NSV, I was in the workroom at a school today and there were cupcakes that looked great. I was able to resist by thinking, “they are probably stale and as much flu as there is around, someone probably sneezed on them.” I’m not taking credit for that strategy though. It was shared with me in a different group! But it DID work!
  • mari_moulin
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Thursday 02/13

Calories: Under ! 🎉
    Water: 2.250L
    Steps: 23,712
    Exercise: Gym Session (❤️+💪🏻) and an hour of Pilates

The scale is down again today so alls good. I’ve been sticking to the plan and managed to come in under yesterday. I did a trial session of Pilates yesterday evening and I’m planning on buying 10 sessions starting in March. I’ve been put on a wait list so fingers crossed I can join. I’ve just had my breakfast and about to get the crew ready for work/school then headed for my last gym session for the week. Plan on changing it up a bit from the treadmill this morning. Maybe the step climber or the elliptical? I’ll see which one I feel inspired to do. I have to say how happy I am with how my snacking has improved. Making it like a meal has been a game changer. I still have my weak moments where I go in search for something but usually if I do grab something it will be a fruit. I’ve allowed myself a few sweet treats for dessert to satisfy that craving while making it a part of my planned meal and staying within goal. I’ve also really improved on weekends. I’m planning on maintaining again this weekend and it will be hard as I have a wine and cheese dinner planned on Saturday night. How am I gonna pull that one off?

My February goals are......

Stay on or under my calorie goals everyday.
    Drink at least 2 liters of water everyday
    Complete 10,000 steps each day minimum.
    Go to the gym 4 times a week (30min cardio + 1 hour strength on Mon, Tues, Thurs, and Fri)
    Run 5K on Saturday's
    Walk at least 1 hour on Sunday's
    Zumba every Monday night (unless class is cancelled)
    Wednesday’s are rest day.
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Jennt817

Pw: 140.6
    CW: 140.2

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!! Have a wonderful day!!💕😊💕
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    PW 206.4
    CW 203.4

I am surprised as I ate more than usual this week. I try to keep my average calories around 1400 but this week I was sitting at approximately 1580 all week.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 213.4
    Current weight: 213.4

So happy with this after the week I’ve had!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Wednesday 12-February 9855 steps
    Thursday 13-February 8102 steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday check in:

Calories: over
    Exercise: 40 minute walk
    Water: met goal

I really enjoyed our dinner out tonight. It has been a while since we went out without grandkids tagging along. Tomorrow I plan on a minimum 30 minimum walk and some pool time with my granddaughter.
This discussion has been closed.