SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - March 2020

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Ohio has just shut down all schools starting Monday for atleast 3 weeks and there cannot be gatherings of over 100.
  • thebabadon
    thebabadon Posts: 28 Member
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Hi @thebabadon

We have your March starting weight as 189. Is this correct or should it be 186?

I will record Saturday as 184. Way to go!!!!
    It should be 186
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Thursday Recap

CALORIES: Over...
    STEPS: Under....
    WATER: yes... I achieved this goal!
    AF: 12 days - however, I used chocolate to cope

Hubby and I went out to dinner last night. This did not help on top of the great Hershey debacle. I managed to end the day under 1700 calories, so still below maintenance.

PERSONAL VENT
    So, the reason my week has been so hectic - My 74 yr old father is in ICU since Tuesday with flu and pneumonia. He has smoked since he was 13. You can imagine the shape of his lungs. He is doing better, but they cannot get his O2 levels into an acceptable range - this is why he is still in ICU. The hospital he is in is 1:30 from my home and an hour from work. My mom seems to think this is just around the corner and not in Atlanta's constant traffic.
    At the moment, she is far needier than he is, and I don't know how to address this.

This juggling act is getting pretty intense. I feel like I have 6 or so balls in the air and someone on the sidelines about to toss a 7th in. I am proud that I have only gone over calories once and I have not used alcohol as a crutch even once.

Goal for the day: Keep all the balls in the air.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    WEIGH IN REMINDERS

OVERDUE
    - all subject to drop for NWI/No participation
    @theshrinkingyeti
    @RGILLESP1
    @katypotts6437

Is it just me or does anyone else not have any idea who the above are?

• Beka3695
    WEIGH IN REMINDERS

OVERDUE
    - all subject to drop for NWI/No participation
    @theshrinkingyeti
    @RGILLESP1
    @katypotts6437
    Is it just me or does anyone else not have any idea who the above are?

I think they were new for March. Signed up but never participated. We usually get a few each month that never report in.
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    PW 199.0
    CW 199.5

I’m sensing a common thread. Seems like a few of us have been eating our stresses this week. I’m going to make some time to play in my craft room this weekend and hopefully keep my fingers busy enough to stay out of the food. Walking has gotten better but we’re facing a rainy week ahead. I did manage to sneak a quick walk in the mist today.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Next week's holiday is cancelled and my marathon is postponed until October! Hhhmmm...
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Bigblues11
    PW 193.7
    CW 193.6 (-.1 pnd)

Waiting, yet again, for the swoosh. Food and fitness has been on track. Enjoy your weekend folks! Stay safe and healthy!
  • Beka3695
    Next week's holiday is cancelled and my marathon is postponed until October! Hhhmmm...

Well, it is additional time for your body to recover and more time to train!

You just get to mentally prepare all over again 🥴
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member

Not much exercise this week is reason behind this. Sadly can not access gym, it's closed to take precautions against Corona outbreak.

Pre. Weight 172.9 lbs
    Current weight 173.7 lbs
  • mustb60
    2020 Week 8
    33g7hnjc6ze3.jpg

Great to see people breaking the 100k steps barrier for this week. Our top 3 were;
    1st - @kilobykilo 111,784
    2nd - @mustb60 102,123
    3rd - @bigblues11 89,239

For the month of February consistency has shown through and Kate is back on track. The top 3 were;
    1st - @kilobykilo 396,871
    2nd - @suzyjmcd2 353,639
    3rd - @bigblues11 338,950

Great work @kilobykilo!!! @mustb60 had a fantastic Feb increasing by over 100k steps!!!! @iamworthy14 and @TwinMomma2019 increased their steps over the previous month. Unfortunately I was was nearly 100k steps down this month.

Congratualtions to everyone who took part as we still managed over 3 Million steps in the 4 weeks!!!

Week 9 steps are due tomorrow and to complete Feb those that will bring everything up to date are;
    @boehle 1st Mar to 3rd Mar
    @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong 1st Mar to 3rd Mar
    @hipari 9th Feb to 3rd Mar
    @corporatelawmom 16th Feb to 3rd Mar
    @iamworthy14 1st Mar to 3rd Mar

3 million steps!! What an Amazing number of steps!! Very inspiring!!👏👏👏
  • mustb60
    Somehow I was not focused on steps and didn't walk much. Trying to get back to normal work out routine from today, would try bodyweight exercises in lieu of heavy lifting.

March Steps

14th March 7050
    13th March 4953
    12th March 3416
    11th March 3509
    10th March 4002
    9th March 10500
    8th March 4211
    7th March 3542
    6th March 7731
    5th March 7622
    4th March 15646
    3rd March 12100
    2nd March 3902 (rest day)
    1st March 17507
  • kmargut
    kmargut Posts: 34 Member
    Kmargut
    Sat
    Pw:234.8
    Cw: 234 8

Do not have a scale available. Came to San Antonio from Pa to watch my son's BMT graduation. Did not get to see it or my son 😓 honestly afraid to see the scale when I get home Tues. Plus my daughter bought a house! I will officially be an empty nester when I get home.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited March 2020
    9iob0jc0o350.jpeg
    Ok, Week 3 of the March Spring It Forward Challenge is Up! We start on Monday and here is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787221/march-spring-it-forward-photo-challenge#latest

In the middle of the pandemic, I am finding it hard to stay focused. So this week’s challenge is about comfort and positivity. Please try to take a few moments each day and focus on the positive. A million thank you’s to @sleepymom5 for coming up with these themes and the quote idea. See you on Monday!

Motivation Monday- "If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way" ~ Napoleon Hill
    What are some small things have done that made a difference? Have you left a few bites on you plate? Added more steps in your day? Maybe a few extra ounces of water? Are there small things that your are doing right now for self-care or to help out others? Post a photo or describe the little things that make a difference to you.

Transformation Tuesday- “If you can dream it you can do it" - Possibly Walt Disney
    What was your dream when you started this journey? What are your dreams now? Post a photo or describe your dreams.

Workout Wednesday- “Old God sure was in a good mood when he made this place” - Hunter S. Thompson
    Send a picture of your favorite place for tranquility, reflection self-care or a workout rest day. It could be anywhere inside or out. Share it with us!

Thirsty Thursday- “Cheers to life that has given me a number of reasons to fall and much more reasons to rise.” - Arpita Nema
    Post a photo or describe what you drink when you are relaxing. Do you like herbal tea or a glass of wine? May you are into juicing or a skinny cocktail?

Food for thought Friday- “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” - Virginia Woolf
    Ok, show us or describe your comfort food. It can be healthy or not, but we all have our favorite foods or meals that provide us comfort.
This discussion has been closed.