SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - March 2020

Options

Replies

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I wont be weighing in in the morning, going near scales is an added stress i can do without just now..... promise to be back fighting soon!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    My sons's Uni has a confirmed case and ceased all on-site teaching. He works at a cocktail bar and they are going with a slightly different approach - "Lockdown Party!" They are going to have a bash on Saturday, hundreds of people all in one space before the bar will close until further notice. So basically come and see if you can get Covid-19 and then all go home to your families - genuis 😕

exercise.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    My sons's Uni has a confirmed case and ceased all on-site teaching. He works at a cocktail bar and they are going with a slightly different approach - "Lockdown Party!" They are going to have a bash on Saturday, hundreds of people all in one space before the bar will close until further notice. So basically come and see if you can get Covid-19 and then all go home to your families - genuis 😕

exercise.png

I heard a news report from re Florida spring break. One girl said "we are just trying to get drunk before everything closes" and another guy said "if I get corona I get corona. I will just party until I get it" SERIOUSLY????
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Wednesday Accountability Recap

CALORIES: under
    STEPS: Under
    WATER: yes
    AF: 18

I am so mad at my husband! I made dinner last night and it was DELICIOUS. Indian butter chicken - from a kit. No credit to me. I plated dinner for each of us and a lunch for both of us for today. MEASURED AND LOGGED LUNCHES!!! K is a notorious midnight snacker. During the night he ate half of each... not one whole, but half of both. I have no way of measuring the remaining food. It was over rice and you know how high in cal rice is, so not something you want to guess at.... I do have a freezer meal at work, but still angry.

Anyone have anything exciting to share? I think the team could use a nice pick me up!

Happy Thursday!!
    Well, my life hasn't really changed, I still have structure as I'm going to work every day and then go home to eat dinner. The only difference is I'm unable to go to the gym so I have been working out at home. The weather has been cold, damp and rainy so no chance for taking a walk outside. But I am logging my food every day😘 Stay Healthy♥️♥️♥️
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options

Anyone have anything exciting to share? I think the team could use a nice pick me up!

I am down to 2 days a week for work, given these trying times I am grateful for that.

exercise.png
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Suzyjmcd2@yahoo.com
    Thursday weigh-in

PW: 126.4
    CW: 125.4
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

exercise.png

I heard a news report from re Florida spring break. One girl said "we are just trying to get drunk before everything closes" and another guy said "if I get corona I get corona. I will just party until I get it" SERIOUSLY????

People like that are so insensitive and callous towards others' health! They might have good immunity and less affected but why put others' lives at stake. Corona might be fatal to people suffering from Heart ailments, diabetes, hypertension, lung disease, cancer.

Here in India we have people who resisted to be checked or quarantine as they didn't want to be isolated or stigmatized. Some people ran away from hospital quarantine or totally ignored the government advisory to self quarantine. Then got tracked and brought back by authorities with the help of other people. This kind of news is totally stressful!! Our government is doing its best by sealing border and stopping international flights, keeping track of and providing free tests, medical assistance to Corona patients, positive or asymptomatic. But many people are really so careless, it's scary. These days I am totally locked up at home, gym closed, no outside walk. Intially I fell to old habit of stress eating but now controlling it. I wish this epidemic is curbed soon all over the world with least casualty, at least doing my best to stop or slow down the community transmission. Stay safe stay home everyone.
  • mustb60
    Options
    March Steps

19th March 8027
    18th March 12250
    17th March 4105
    16th March 11148
    15th March 11100
    14th March 7050
    13th March 4953
    12th March 3416
    11th March 3509
    10th March 4002
    9th March 10500
    8th March 4211
    7th March 3542
    6th March 7731
    5th March 7622
    4th March 15646
    3rd March 12100
    2nd March 3902 (rest day)
    1st March 17507
  • CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    CharlesScott78
    Thursday
    Pw: 347.9
    Cw: 346.2

poco a poco
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Found my positive pants...... yes I'm exhausted, but the weekend is kind of in sight..... this morning I got up and started day one of official lockdown creating a home office. From this......ej1i9azc6kax.jpg

To this.....

A proper work space is really helping.... ignored my scales but had a better food day.....

Yes my alcohol stash hides in my spare room :)

• mustb60
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Pre. Weight 173.7 lbs
    Today's weight 172.3 lbs
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Thursday Accountability Recap

CALORIES: way under --- hey @TheMrWobbly, I had to fake it again :D:D
    STEPS: Under
    WATER: yes
    AF: 19
  • Beka3695
    Options
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    PW 199.5
    CW 196.0

Pleasantly surprised with the weigh-in! Despite the dreary weather, I met my walking goal for the first time! I’m going back & forth between stress eating and anxiety non-appetite, staying within calories but not making the best choices so we’ll see how that shakes out. I’m set for food for a while so I’ll be cooking a lot more, always better for my weight. But we intentionally are planning to get carry out from local restaurants a couple times a week to help them out. Being intentional will also help my diet. What’s not helping is the “quarantine food” that found its way into my grocery basket. Little Debbie Nutty Bars are a comfort food from my college days but I can inhale them so fast I don’t even realize I ate them!

My husband will probably have to start working from home next week so we’ll have to set his office up in my daughter’s old room and move my workout gear and yoga mat into the master bedroom so I can do FB live with my yoga instructor. Good news with my personal trainer-his facility is a personal training studio and is being considered a recreational facility and not a gym, at least for the time being. So I’ll still be able to work out there 3x a week.

Spring is coming. Trees are budding and pollen is showing up. But we’ve had so much rain and it’s hard being indoors when it’s so gloomy all the time. I’m ready for some sun!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    WOW! @cre804 that is an amazing loss!

Glad to hear your "rec facility" is remaining open for now.

Enjoy your green/yellow haze. We are deep in it here, too. I made the mistake of using chapstick. Now my lips feel sandy.
This discussion has been closed.