Options

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Checkin

PW: 154.8
    CW 156.2

well that is a disappointment, but maybe it is just waterweight or something. I was good with calories all week, and then last night decided to heck with it and had some ice cream. So starting fresh today!

Last week I did my exercise goals- it was just 6 activities. This week going back up to 7 or 8 if I feel up to it. On tap today is going to the gym and doing some upperbody and some hip strengthening exercises.

I go to a very small, boutique gym and it's not usually crowded but I'm terrified they're going to shut it down. I'm an introvert and I work from home and the gym is really one of the few places I go. It really helps me mentally and physically. If I couldn't go it would be rough.

Also if I can't exercise regularly- and I mean lift weights- my backs and legs will seize up and it can be very painful for me. One of the reasons I exercise so much is because it physically hurts me if I sit too much. So I'm trying to think ahead of alternate plans but not sure. I could have gone to the YMCA, but just heard they shut down. There is a Goodlife near me but I doubt they would let me join for a month even if they stay open.

I could just buy weights for here but I would need a bunch, and I also don't really have room for them.

Hope everyone is well!

@raleighgirl09 you look great!

@katmary71 I love channa masala. I also love brussel sprouts.

One of the things I've been struggling with lately is recipes and figuring out what to eat. Everything seems the same.

@AustinRuadhain love the pink panther.

Will try to post more later. Take care all!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    tyflyxwe9gmn.jpg
    va1gjc5r3vv6.png
    29wun0lcpyty.png
    cb2k2suu6586.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.50%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.47%
    3rd Trimstones 0.36%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 19.7 Lbs
    2nd Shrinking Assets 19.5 Lbs
    3rd Trimstones 17.3 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Gidgitgoescrazy 3.74 %
    2nd @wrkonmedaily 2.16%
    3rd @vegan4lyfe2012 1.75 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @Gidgitgoescrazy 6.8 Lbs
    2nd @wrkonmedaily 5.6 Lbs
    3rd @vegan4lyfe2012 5.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @charlottemilton
    @eggfreak
    @jessicakrall8
    @Beka3695
    @TwinMomma2019
    @raleighgirl09
    @CharlesScott78
    @boehle
    @dillyg08

ffenywou87v7.png

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    Week 2
    PW-186
    CW-184.7
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @raleigh_girl I love the thing about the hamster getting sweaty on the wheel inside your head. LOL! Your pic is gorgeous!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    NEWS FLASH: Something new in the spreadsheets!

You may notice that there is a new section on the spreadsheets - "Weeks in the Green".

This section will automatically track how many weeks a team member is "in the green" or loses weight - any amount. We are going to give this a try to help recognize the people who might be losing small amounts and never hit the winners list. They might lose small amounts, but they do it week after week - or at least more weeks than not.

Have a look - every week with a loss gets 1 point. At the end of March, we'll publish a list of those with a 3 or a 4 points along with all the other winners. Let's start to recognize the slow but steady people! I hope this will encourage fewer instances of someone losing a huge amount one week, and then bouncing back over the next week or two and becoming discouraged.

Please let me know if you see an problems, inaccuracies, or if you have ideas on other ways we might do this. Thanks!!

You can check it out at
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15kaVbWehvGJ6Dt8YBo1LxzUQxd4W-XEyKaOixJpU-OQ/edit?usp=sharing
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

Wahoooooo!!! Congrats Team Mission Slimpossibles for taking 1st place this week!! B)

Beka3695 wrote: »

va1gjc5r3vv6.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 0.50%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 19.7 Lbs

ffenywou87v7.png

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Wayyyyy to go Slimpossibles!! B)

lvg6um24o1v7.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    @apple852hk Tea helps me a lot too, I drink a lot of it! It also helps me from going back to the kitchen after dinner.

@its_cleo I'm debating on what to do about the gym too. Mine's still open, one of the only ones left that is. I'm a little mixed about going, not sure if I should be staying home like everyone else or just go and take my Clorox wipes and wipe everything down like I've been doing. I do feel a lot better mentally and physically when I go too.

Go Team, awesome weight loss and top of the leaderboard! Congratulations @workonmedaily
    @vegan4lyfe2012 @raleighgirl09 !!!

@Cornanda nice drop in weight!

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Hurray, Slimpossibles!
    Over 50% of the team was in the green last week -- so excellent!
    And Slimpossibles was 1st place last week!
    Special congratulations to the Slimpossibles on the leaderboard for the week! Great work, @wrkonmedaily , @vegan4lyfe2012 and @raleighgirl09 !

@jugar - So excited about trying out "Weeks in the Green!" Slow but steady losers is a great group to make sure we recognize!

@Cornanda - Wow! What a great weigh-in! Congratulations!

@its_cleo - Thanks for noticing the pink panther! I had this as my profile pic before, and felt a need of late to go back to my bounciest of profile pics! I also just have a thing for the pink panther. I was a saxophone player for years in school, was in the jazz band, and loved the Pink Panther theme.
    Would it help to think about bodyweight exercises? Not as good as the gym, but maybe you can find some that are at least helpful?
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- walking, bike, body strength, yoga
    Water- over (mostly tea and ginger water)

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- either going to gym tomorrow or doing an app lifting routine (largest weights I have is 10lbs though)
    Cardio 30 minutes minimum- done
    Strength/yoga- done
    Decluttering/cleaning- not good this week aside of basic upkeep
    Recipe- looking at a few, forgot to get potatoes but have sweet potatoes so I may still make the Persian split pea with sweet potatoes and hope for the best. I have a handful of recipes for what's in the house, hopefully at the end of the week I'll be able to restock produce.
    10,000 steps- done

I've been thinking of switching up my strength routine a bit but am unsure how I'll do it yet. I'm currently doing some things I should be doing every other like weighted squats and lunges. Planks and side planks, pushups, sit ups, and obliques should be fine daily. It would give me the opportunity to add a few other things in if I break it up a bit. We'll see. Meanwhile my microwave broke last night. Geez, you don't realize how much you use something until it breaks! I'm always heating water in the microwave for tea, batch my oatmeal and heat that and an apple in the morning, beans at lunch, then reheat dinners and make air popped popcorn in a microwave popper. I do have to admit stove popcorn with a little oil and butter so it wouldn't stick to the pot tasted pretty amazing for a change!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Username: Vegan4lyfe2012
    Weigh in Week: 3
    Weigh in Day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 191.2
    Today's Weight: 192.8
  • TeraBbreakingFree
    TeraBbreakingFree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    TeraBbreakingFree
    Week 3
    Monday
    PW: 165.4
    CW: 164.6

It's been a crazy week to say the least. I haven't tracked anything but I'm very aware how much I am eating. Schools are shut down here and with my husbands current over seas trip we are self quarantining. I'm not stressed about this and actually more calm then normal.
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    nbbaby
    Week 3
    Monday
    PW: 220.0
    CW: 214.1

Sorry I missed last week, I was just in to much pain.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    We took a drive as a family yesterday and visited one of our oldest churches. It's a place of healing with a lot of open space to walk around and enjoy. It was such a peaceful day with my family and I am so grateful to have them all. So YES walking helps! Being outside helps! Family helps! I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe amid the craziness of the world right now.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Week: 3
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 203
    Todays Weight: 202
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Wasn't sure I was going to be in the green this week. I went away for the weekend. My food choices weren't too bad but exercise was nil.

I'm not planning to leave my house for the next few weeks. My oncologist always stresses to not get sick so I'm going to be extremely diligent. My goal this week will be to avoid the temptation of staying in my pjs all day and parking my butt on the couch.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Check-in

Sunday
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Exercise: platform stepping (46 min)
    Water: on track
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min) ❌
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) ✔️
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) ✔️
    Goals
    - Office cleaning/decluttering ✔️
    - Tiny Habits study ❌

Goals and Improvements for Today (Monday)
    Habit Tracking
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    Goals
    - Office cleaning/decluttering
    - Project work ✔️
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    hey all

Well a lot has changed since I posted, bc of the virus which everyone knows so I won't get into except to say- I already spent a lot of time alone and was kind of isolated, now even more so. On top of that my beloved gym closed. So it's been a bit rough emotionally, but this morning I had to come up with a new plan for myself, I need structure and lists or I go right off the rails emotionally.

So I'm hoping to report in each night. Some of my goals are about moving- as I said above I have chronic pain issues if I sit too long. I can do cardio- jog, ealk, etc, but it's not enough. Tomorrow I have to try to find some bodyweight stuff I can do

Anyway goals:

-in the am, do Leslie Sansone for 5 mins just to warm up - Y
    -sit only 45 mins then up for 15-30 mins- Y except around lunch hour/mid-afternoon
    -stretch or do mobility work each standing break - Y
    -moisturize- 2/3
    -wash my face at night- Y
    -2x daily check in, just an emotional checkin 1/2.
    -wrist work to help arthritis- 1/2
    -go out 3x a day- Y. Right now I am just walking or jogging, etc.

Not bad, hope to improve tomorrow.

@AustinRuadhain I like the sax, that's cool you could play. I always wished I could play an instrument.

@jactop do take care, it's hard to be in all the time though. I like the Leslie Sansone videos for light indoor cardio.

@leonadixon that sounds like a lovely day. Places like that can be so soothing.

@nbbaby I hope you're feeling better.

@TeraBbreakingFree that is great you are doing the self-q, though I know it can be challenging.

@Katmary71 I can't stand when my microwave breaks. And then I always want a replacement and so I get something really fast and it ends up being crappy. Let us know if you change up the workouts!

I haven't been keeping up with the habit tracker, will try to do it tomorrow.

Take care all.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in:
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 11
    Monday
    PW 226.4
    TW 227
    I start my 2 week from work rotation today. I pray it does not effect my waistline. :s
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 It's good to see you, hope you're hanging in there!

@TeraBbreakingFree Good loss, glad you're feeling calm with all that's going on.

@nbbaby Great drop! I hope you feel better, I'm sorry you're hurting.

@leonadixon Sounds like an amazing day! It's been raining here and was beautiful last week, can't wait for the good weather to come back.

@Jactop down a pound, awesome! Actually you helped me not get up and sit on the couch and go online with my coffee first thing in the morning by telling me how to get in steps. I've been waking up earlier and marching in place while I wake up. I'm not very happy at first but I start the day off with a lot more energy.

@AustinRuadhain Great day! How's the decluttering going, is your office clean yet? Man, I'm regretting cleaning out my pantry, fridge and freezer, and medicine cabinets now, I had a lot of stuff that's no longer "me" that would've been good in case of emergency!

@its_cleo If you're struggling come post here, I'll check in the mornings to see if you've posted. I'm already going a little stir-crazy, I meet with the nurse at my psych's office to go over my medication and I'm actually looking forward to it! I did a bunch of You Tube workouts today that were fun, you may like one of the strength ones. There's a cool plank challenge, I've been doing planks and side planks every day and the variations were a great workout, thought my arms were going to fall off! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X1c79oyYV4&t=89s
    This was a good core workout for 10 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUKAYkQZXko
    I did that Leslie Sansone one today, I like her too.

@wrknonmedaily I hope work rotation goes well.

This discussion has been closed.