MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! :) Yesterday was super busy for me which is why I didn’t check in. I had my weekly staff meeting at the church and we spent a lot of time trying to figure out what we can do to make Easter special when we are regulated to online only. My children’s pastor went out and bought brand new plastic eggs, Easter buckets, and candy that we filled for our kids in the church. She is going to go to their homes and hide the eggs for the kids to find. We wore gloves and were extra careful so that the parents wouldn’t have to worry. She has such a huge heart and we all just hate that we can’t be together for our usual Easter plans. But such is life! At least I don’t go to a crazy church where the pastor is defying the orders and putting his people at risk. Such recklessness makes me so mad! My husband is our church finance director and is trying to fill out the paperwork so we can get some of that relief money that the government is offering. We have six employees (including me) and we really want to keep our jobs and get paid. :/ OK, I’m going to do some housework, so I don’t just end up sitting and watching the news. I can at least sweep and dust while watching the news. Be safe my friends! <3

@AustinRuadhain, that Afro Beat Workout looks fun abut hard!! I am simply not that coordinated. I’ll stick to my weights where they go slow and I can follow more easily. It looks super fun though! :D

@trooworld, glad that you had less stress and got on your spin bike for some exercise. <3

@mrmcgrath, nice weigh-in!! I am sorry that you will have rainy weather. I wish we would get some more rain and wash the pollen away. ;)

@gunderw59, nice weigh-in!! Keep it up! B)

@Katmary71, how did the grocery shopping go? I went after lunch to Walmart to drop off a prescription for my mom and the place was mobbed! They had barriers set up to direct people going in and coming out. Crazy!! I then ran to Kroger and it was much better but still fairly busy. I’m going first thing Monday morning to do all of next week’s shopping. It makes me sad that shopping is now so stressful when it was usually one of my favorite activities. :/

@raleighgirl09, I think that it is great that you have a place on the coast to escape too! And I’m sure that you are being very responsible with how you get there. Bummer about the situation with your boss. Will you be able to smooth it over or will things fester and get worse? Don’t worry about that tiny blip on the scale. You got this!! <3

@trlong1308, welcome to the group!!! Please jump right in and let us get to know you better. We are a very supportive group. :)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Friday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- 30 min treadmill
    Water- under

However, positive is I ate less PB. LOL

Cbabie
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 275
    Todays Weight: 275
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @gunderw59 I’m so jealous your gym let you take equipment home. There’s a couple of things I want to stock up on when this crisis is over- weights and a thermometer! Lol. I’ve never had a thermometer and now I don’t know if I would even know if I had a fever. > congrats on the loss!

@ralieghgirl09 I think that is ok to do to go to your other place, particularly if you stock up and just hunker down. I would if I had somewhere nice to go. I’m sorry about your troubles with your boss….I feel like maybe everything is heightened right now and people are at their limit in terms of managing things. Or at least I am.

@katmary71 grocery shopping was hit and miss. Went to one store and there was a long line- guess because they were only letting people in a bit at a time? But I didn’t want to stand around in a clump of 30 people. Went to another store, but only got a few things.
    Tomorrow I will make porkchops with a rosemary/apple sauce. I wanted to make brussel sprouts with it, but I couldn’t find any brussel sprouts. I will likely just end up using frozen veggies.

@AustinRuadhain I’m impressed you can do 60 minute video. I have been doing like 20 minute chunks.

@TeresaW1020 I’m so sorry about your Easter celebrations. I remember reading about how much you enjoyed it last year. One thing I’ve been doing is just imagining how much more meaningful and enjoyable everything will be next year when we can enjoy all these things we’ve missed. …..and yep ITA about those places ignoring the recommendations.

@cbabie lol you really are a PB junkie 😊

Well I’m over on calories bc I order takeout but I am trying to get by and trying to get my mental state ok. I talked to my therapist today for the first time in months and that helped. She said I should try to do an online session with my trainer, that even if it isn’t as good as in person it might help me emotionally to stay on track. So I will try that next week.

Also I’m struggling a lot with my achilles tendonitis. If I push it jogging- I’m afraid if it tears
    or ruptures, that would be bad bc now is not the time to have an injury that would require medical attn. But I just hate to lose that component of my fitness too.

So I’m taking it day by day but grappling with dropping the activity. I can still walk but I just don’t enjoy it like the hard, intense cardio. But I guess I have to try and be sensible.

Take care all.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Time to think about those weigh-ins again! Still hoping to hear from:
    @TeraBbreakingFree
    @bethanie0825

Due Thursday:
    @broncobuddee
    @raleighgirl09
    @gwamjtw91
    @Sunshineplace

Thanks!

Sorry! My days keep slipping by me

Username- bethanie0825
    Day - Tuesday
    Previous - 232
    Current - 231.2
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - What a great day (" less stress, a lot less. I did manage to ride my spin bike and I drank at least 52 oz of water!") I love your goals for today!

@mrmcgrath - 🌟 Congratulations! Great weigh-in!
    Also I love your tagline #FeelAlive

@trlong1308 - Welcome to Slimpossibles! Please feel free to jump right into this conversation!
    y69bzz53rnya.gif

@TeresaW1020 - 🎈 Hurray! Congratulations on the great weigh-in! You are getting there!

@gunderw59 - 🌟 Brilliant weigh-in! 💐 So delighted for you! 🎉 Sounds like you had a great day yesterday!

@KatMary71 - I think improvising a new/related dish in the kitchen is great. Opinions on this vary, but I think dancing with what's in the pantry and how things turned out and making sure you use up things like the vegetable broth from cooking veggies -- all brilliant!

@raleighgirl09 - Hey there, I am hoping the internal dust settles, and that things calm down with your boss. I am sending you both wishes for peace and compassion. I think any relationship is more apt to be fractious right now. I think if you aren't dealing with some anxiety, you haven't been paying attention. (Or maybe you've achieved enlightenment? :wink: ) 🙏🏽

Question for everyone -- finding happy place moments in your day?
    Just this moment, I am finding a happy place because our bird is on my shoulder, and I cannot be tense when I have been gifted with 65 grams of feathers and opinions, cuddling up under my hair next to my neck.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,589 Member
    Options
    @gunderw59 @TeresaW1020 nice drops in weight!

@trlong1308 welcome to the group!

@trooworld I don't recall if you have dumbbells but she uses light weights in these. I've posted the 3 mile before which I do each day. This was a 2 mile, I still had energy so I tried it out today. https://youtu.be/l5uilZNoaAU
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I watched the entire video, love when she says to paint the wall with your butt! I'm definitely going to try this tomorrow but can already tell I won't be able to move my hips like that! She's fun to watch.

@TeresaW1020 I love the idea of making things special for the kids. I was just talking to my dad about how we'll all be missing the things we look forward to with Easter. I went to the 99 cent store first, it actually has some decent produce (and a huge bag of lentils, score!). Walmart was the store that was out of most of what I needed so I just ordered their Equate protein drinks to be delivered, they're cheaper than Premiere Protein and exactly the same. Winco was more crowded than usual, people were either wearing masks or not giving anyone space at all, the latter was very frustrating. It's the first store I've been to that actually had chicken, no toilet paper or soup but I'm ok on both.

@its_cleo I'm glad you were able to talk to your therapist, it's good to touch base with someone impartial who also knows you well. The trainer idea sounds like an interesting idea, worth a try! I'm sorry to hear your achilles is still causing problems. I know for me the more intense workouts help mentally, it's hard for me to take a day off because I'm always cheered up by working out (even when I don't want to do it) and I sleep a lot better. Pork chops sound awesome! If you have a Winco brussel sprouts were one of the more affordable options today.

@AustinRuadhain aw, picturing a snuggly bird is precious right now! We had a bird growing up and it used to snuggle with my mom like that. I'd go with a pet too, right now one of my kittens is right next to me sleeping. He wouldn't let me pet him for the longest time and wouldn't lay by me (him and his brother were feral kittens), then all at once he decided he trusted me and started laying by me in bed and on the couch and likes being pet now. His brother checks in more often for shorter amounts of times then leaves (but he LOVES when the yoga mat comes out!) whereas Asher likes to hang out when I'm on the couch and sleep with me. He also likes laying in my path when I'm doing cardio.

@Shoop69 The most important thing is to take care of yourself, you didn't let us down. While I don't want this long-term I hope you fall into a rhythm that is more beneficial to your goals. I'm by myself and it gets lonely but after hearing my brother talk about how everyone's getting on his nerves I'm guessing both ways have it's challenges!

• Katmary71
    Options
    Friday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- Leslie Sansone, Body Project cardio, HASFit arms and shoulders, plank and ab challenge, yoga, foam roller (did without video and watched TV doing it, it feels so awesome!). Some walking and dancing but I've decided to chill a bit on trying to hit 30,000 steps, my body can't handle that many.

Habits
    Weights- 3 arms, 2 legs
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga/challenges- done
    Decluttering/cleaning- nothing aside of dishes today. Does putting away groceries count?
    Recipe- made Skinnytaste Sweet N Spicy Siracha Salmon for the second time, this time I kept the pan lower so the honey didn't burn. I love this recipe so much I don't know if I'll ever go back to just lemon and herbs.
    10,000 steps- done

If any of you come across challenging cardio that isn't high impact please let me know, I'm struggling to find videos where there's no jumping yet not a beginner video. This one today was pretty good, I'll post it in case anyone's interested. It had more body toning stuff than I expected, after doing arm and shoulder weights and still having the 5 minute plank challenge to do next, doing planks while lifting weights was challenging! Between all of them I think every vein in my arms was sticking out! It gets harder once the weights kick in (though if you're doing the high impact option that looked tougher).

https://youtu.be/aW5IYarq0fo
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    @KatMary71 and anyone else wanting a bit of fitness adventure on YouTube. The Kennedy Center has several videos in a series called "Five(ish) Minute Dance Lesson." I thought this was such fun!

https://youtu.be/Ewqq-3xJFdI
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,924 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in:

Username: trooworld
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 241.8
    Todays Weight: 238.6
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,924 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I am glad, too! I think I would have popped if I had more! lol

@AustinRuadhain Thank you! It was! :) I survived the day, woo hoo!!! It's ironic that you ask about finding happy moments in your day. I was just thinking of that. I went outside our condo and took this picture of the wildflowers blooming because they did just that: they made me happy for a moment. :) I'm glad you were able to find a moment of happiness, too.

@Katmary71 Unfortunately I do not have dumbbells and I am trying like heck to buy some but they are all sold out online and in stores. Boo! :( But I can use some soup cans (not that they weigh a ton! lol). Thanks for the video link! I did a 2 mile yesterday and liked it. The Skinnytaste Sweet N Spicy Siracha Salmon sounds delicious!

Hello everyone! I survived yesterday and here I am to report in. I'm going out for groceries this morning (wish me luck). I don't have a face mask but I am wrapping a nice stylish scarf over my face so it should be pretty hard for me to breathe but at least if I'm sick I won't get anyone else sick. We had pita pizzas for dinner last night, that's our go-to dinner on Friday nights. Very easy and delicious. As mentioned to AustinRuadhain above, this is a picture of some wildflowers outside my condo, something to brighten your day.

For yesterday:
    Calories: over/under? under
    Water: over/under? over
    Exercise: Leslie Sansone 2 mile video
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow (today): 52 oz of water

nkdsuehlgovc.jpg
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Saturday finally arrived!!

04/4
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.5
    Todays Weight 192.6

Yesterday
    Calories: maintenance
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macros: great protein
    Exercise: 🤸🏻‍♀️

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    3442 steps. 5000goal steps
    1.5 miles
    2076 burned calories
    8 active
    84 sleep score
    61 resting sleep
    1700 calories consumed

Basic Goals
    Workout minutes:💪🏻
    Complete food diary: 🥙
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 😢
    Stay below sugar goal: 😢
    Meet fiber in range:🥬
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 🧘🏻‍♀️
    Breathing exercises:🌬
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 💤

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Week 1
    Saturday
    PW: 192.6
    CW: 195.6

I know this looks pretty bad, and 3 pounds is a lot, but TOM is visiting and I always gain about 3 to 5. Hopefully next week I see a decrease of more than 3 :smile: I will not be mad at myself. I will just keep dreaming of the day that menopause sets in :smiley:
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Check-in - Friday Report
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Exercise: yes! outdoor date walk with husband (56 min); gardening (81 min)
    Water: on track
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1) 🟢
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) 🟢
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) 🟢

Goals and Improvements for Today (Saturday)
    Habit Tracking
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min)
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    Goals
    - 10 K steps, at least some outside!
    - Aim for 90 minutes of movement, yoga, weights, etc
    - Project work
  • Debster634
    Debster634 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Debster634
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 185
    TW: 184.6
    Too much sitting! My goal for upcoming week is: 1. Exercise every day
    2. No eating after 8pm
    I've cleaned the basement and made a nice little spot to exercise. I have weights so no more excuses now! Stick with it everyone!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Catching up here while I drink a glass of iced green tea. 🥂

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Sorry TOM is messing with your numbers! As you say, keep doing the right things, and the numbers will catch up! 👍🏽👍🏽

@mrmcgrath - Great job maintaining! And as you say -- yes, hurray for Saturday!

Am I the only person that is occasionally having trouble keeping track of the day of the week? I suddenly hear all anew Leslie Sansone talking about catching the beat (for those of you that like her Walking at Home videos!). It is taking a little more work to keep up with the beat of my week! Mostly, it's okay. I keep using my calendar. #NewRoutines

@trooworld - Hurray to your excellent day! Your wildflowers are gorgeous!

@Katmary71 - Okay, I just went through YouTube searching on "knee friendly cardio" and "low impact cardio," and have some things to try. I'll let you know what seems good.
    I love imagining your now-cuddly kitten! That is just SO adorable. 😻😻😻
    One of the things in my life that I am still proud of is having been Cat/Mom to a rescue Maine Coon. Her first owner hit her, more than once. Her second owner took her in, but never fell in love with her. I fell in love with her, and she eventually came to live at my house. Over the course of a couple of years, she went from small and scared to big, fluffy, smart, funny and Mistress of the Universe. She was the smartest cat I have ever known.

@Shoop69 - Aww! There is trulytrulyTRULY no need to apologize for gaining and not participating much yet. Give yourself a hug for us, and be kind to you. The game in Slimpossibles is to bring what value we can, and take value what we can from the group being here, and to support each other in taking steps towards improving our health and fitness. Weight loss and better health are long games. Don't quit, so what you can to make the best choices you can today, and keep on doing. 👐👐

Okay, I am headed outside to pull at least one weed from my overgrown front garden and yard (wildflower center? urban reforesting project? arg!). Okay. One breath. Let it go. Off to pull; up that one weed,and my yard will be that little bit better!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @cbabie, good job on eating less PB. As I was emptying out the last of two jars for lunch today, I realized that I too might need to lay off the PB. :D

@its_cleo, you are so right that we will enjoy so much more the things we have had to give up when we are finally able to have them again. I was actually thinking of dropping one of the kid programs I volunteer for at the church before all this happened. Not now. I miss those kids soooo much and can’t wait to be back with them. And I know that you can’t wait to go out with your friends, meet up with your trainer, and of course watching lots of baseball. We will all get it back. We just need to be patient and stay safe. :)

@bethanie0825, another good weigh-in this week! Keep it up! B)

@AustinRuadhain, aww reading your description of your bird on your shoulder is so sweet and made me smile. :) One of my happy moments is when I’m playing with my dog Maggie Mae or watching her play with her toys. I don’t know if all dogs have an imagination when they play with their toys but my definitely does and it’s hysterical. And yes, I often have no idea what day it is and the scary thing is that I’m starting to not really care. :o

@Shoop69, it is a tough time for everyone!! Please don’t beat yourself up for having a small gain or for not posting a lot on the group. You do the best you can, and we will be here anytime you can pop on. Even if that is just to post your weekly weight. <3

@Katmary71, I just heard that Walmart is going to only allow so many people in their stores at a time. I think that is a good idea and they need to be stricter on how many of one thing people are allowed to buy. I have to go there on Monday for mom’s prescriptions and to do the week's grocery shopping. I’m going early!! ;)

@trooworld, Wow girl!! What a great weigh-in. I know you did the happy dance! Those flowers are gorgeous!! How wonderful to have something so lovely to look at. :)

@vegain4lyfe2012, I always used to gain 3 to 5 lbs too when TOM came visiting and it was always right before my weigh-in. It will come down next week. And keep dreaming because menopause is awesome!!! ;)

@Debster634, well at least you had a loss! And now you have some good goals for this coming week. Crush it!! B)

Good evening everyone! I had another day hanging out in my house. Like where else would I be? :p It was a gorgeous day so I got out a bit and played with the dog in the yard. She loves to run back and forth as fast as she can, which is very funny. Tomorrow, I'm going to attempt to give her a bath! She was due for one right when this virus thing happened and her groomer canceled. Wish me luck! :o

I did a good pilates workout and 30 minutes on my treadmill. I made a very yummy mushroom, spinach, bacon frittata for dinner. I started a new 2000 piece puzzle. And I watched a lot of news with the hope of seeing that this virus is almost over. Not yet! But I'm praying it will be soon. Stay safe my friends!! <3

g0wyurqe6run.jpg

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Username:Cbabie
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 144.8
    Todays Weight: 144.6
This discussion has been closed.