MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Hope your all doing well!!
    Goals met today:
    Sleep
    Water
    Calories under
    Exercise

Today's W/O

350 jump ropes
    45 deadlifts
    45 hang squat cleans
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 209
    Todays Weight: 209
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Hope the grocery shopping went well! I've been frustrated as I threw away all my face masks decluttering and just decided today next time I go out I'm going to use one of the nice silk scarves my Mom brought me from China that I've never worn. You'll be the stylish one in the store! The blog here had a good article about weights to use from household things like paint cans. I tried to order some heavier ones but waited too long and they're all sold out or twice as expensive. The most Leslie uses in the video I posted (Burn Body Fat both the 2 and 3 miles) is 1-3lbs, the most I use is 5lb dumbbells with hers. I only have 2lb, 5lb, 8lb, and 10lb.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Good to see you! The nice thing is you know why the scale is up. I hear you about menopause!

@AustinRuadhain Love hearing about your cat, it sounds like she was the perfect fit for you and blossomed. Maine Coons are definitely intelligent! Mine are half Maine Coon, for some reason that breed keeps showing up in my life. When I went with my brother and nephews to adopt one to give to my SIL for Christmas a Maine Coon had just been returned for meowing too much. Seemed like such a stupid thing until the first time I babysat her while they were out-of-town and she kept me up all night for a week! Mine both have the body of a Maine Coon, that more solid body-type. Either that or they're getting a little chubby! One's real talkative, when I'm drinking my coffee walking in place/dancing at the counter he likes to jump on the table behind me and meow to be pet every 15 minutes or so. On a funny note I adopted them at the end of August and thought I was so lucky that they barely shed. Sure, now that Spring is here I can't believe the amount of hair everywhere! First time I realized how bad it was when Jasper was rubbing against me while I was cooling down on the yoga mat and left hair all over my sweaty body, gross!

@Debster634 I love that you're setting up a space to work out! I have my exercise bike by a window looking out onto the deck but haven't been using it as much since I started YouTube videos now that the gym's closed. Under my family room coffee table I have weights, yoga mat, foam roller, and resistance bands, I started out putting everything away each day so it would be clean and now it looks like a mini-gym! Sounds like you'll have the perfect space for everything. NIce loss!

@Cbabie nice drop!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Great workout @gunderw59 !

Saturday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- YouTube videos, foam rolling, yoga, walk/dance. @AustinRuadhain It's funny how when you watch videos like Afro-beat they look fun but sitting on your butt watching you're thinking that it doesn't look so bad, then you try it and realize why the instructor can barely talk! That was a rough one but fun!
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3/upper lower- done
    Cardio- done
    Yoga/core/planks- done
    Decluttering- did two drawers
    Recipe- finished the salmon. If anyone wants the Sweet N Spicy Siracha recipe I typed it up from the cookbook, I can copy and paste it.
    Steps- 20,000

Not the greatest day. I did Leslie Sansone with weights again, then found a walking routine from Jessica Smith that was part of a MFP fall challenge, I added weights to it. Did Afro-beat as my one new video, then HASFit lower body weights and the challenges. Wasn't feeling particularly challenged today or very worn out afterward but calves are still getting extra tight so I don't want to push it too hard. I've felt down all day, probably a combo of the rain and being alone for so long. Talked to my brother which was nice. I put on slow rock and read most the day after working out. My blood pressure is even higher than it's been the last couple months, I don't see my doctor for a couple more weeks and it's making me nervous since there's not much I can do that I'm not already doing. Maybe because I had soy sauce in the salmon? Aside of last night I don't have much salt and it was high like that the other day after exercising, I really don't get it. I'm drinking hibiscus tea every day, working out, and cutting out added salt, no longer overweight. No idea, but twice now it's been really high, Jan-March it was just no longer normal. Trying to go through routine while feeling this way, hopefully I'll get more sleep than I have been lately and it'll help. Sorry for being a drag. Glad I have my kittens to keep me company, the highlight of the day was playing with them.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Apr 2020
    Sunday
    PW 158.5 (71.9kg)
    CW 157.4 (71.4kg)

Lost - but only to previous weight of last week as I ate better choices this week.
    Made a declaration to family I'm eating bigger meals at lunch than dinner. That means in evenings if I've eaten well I don't then splurge on dessert and eat more than I need.

Ate less chocolate this week. Read a book that mentioned to write a note near where food is stored thanking yourself for eating right. I've put my note next to chocolate so next time I'm more mindful even if I do eat a little.

Will eat carbs but only at lunch and breakfast and trying to learn portion control again.

Ate hot cross bun every breakfast but only after drinking a mug of tea

GOALS next week
    1. Thank myself every morning that I'll eat right that day
    2. Drink less tea during the day - give my mouth a rest from taste between meals
    3. Snack on watermelon instead of drinking endless cups of tea

• mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Username: mlhopp93
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 341
    Todays Weight: 340

Started April in the right direction. Focusing on water consumption and activity level this week.
    Hope everyone is staying safe.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

@Katmary71 Not sure on how you feel about eastern medicine but have you heard of reishi mushrooms? My father in law has started taking some herbal supplements to help boost his immune system (he has heart and lung issues) and has been sharing YouTube videos with me on reishi mushrooms and what all they do. Severe blood pressure issues is one of the health issues people claim it helps. I have never taken the extract, myself, so I don’t have a personal testimony but I wanted to share.

(Disclaimer...I am in no way a doctor and would urge anyone to do extensive research and talk to their medical provider before trying new health methods)

04/5
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.5
    Todays Weight

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macros: need to do better
    Exercise: 🤸🏻‍🏃🏽‍♀️(in place)

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    6084 steps. 5000goal steps
    2.71 miles
    2196 burned calories
    21 active
    85 sleep score
    61 resting sleep
    1432 calories consumed

Basic Goals
    Workout minutes:💪🏻
    Complete food diary: 🥙
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 😢
    Stay below sugar goal: 🍬
    Meet fiber in range:👎🏼
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. crocheting
    Breathing exercises:👎🏼
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 🛌

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    2f23wygevzpq.jpg
    hvj9yt3ka02i.png
    nyzqxaab5gmj.png
    p7gqtj5ttxt7.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.40%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.28%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.26%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 20.7 Lbs
    2nd Shrinking Assets 12.8 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 12.8 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Murphyi150 3.79%
    2nd @achagpar 2.72%
    3rd @nbbaby 2.15%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @Murphyi150 6.0 Lbs
    2nd @nbbaby 4.6 Lbs
    3rd @charlottemilton 4.5 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @guitargirl55
    @Terytha
    @simbersea
    @wrknonmedaily
    @trooworld
    @Beka3695
    @Emmajhare
    @ddk125
    @laurenebargar

8u47h5ehty5n.png
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I have been doing YouTube videos but I discovered yesterday that our local Y is offering online access to fitness classes for free to non-members from vendors such as Les Mills (people who brought you BodyPump, BodyFlow, and BodyCombat etc), YMCA workouts, Life Fitness, Studio Sweat OnDemand, and Mossa. Once again, you do NOT have to be a member (but you do have to live near this location to access their benefits)! So, check your local Y because they may have similar benefits, or maybe a local gym.

@AustinRuadhain I, too, am losing track of days! I have to look at the date on my computer to keep track! lol

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! I did do the happy dance all over this place! Yeah, I like looking outside and seeing those. I'm hoping to put out a hummingbird feeder and attract some hummingbirds. :) Your frittata sounds yummy!

@Katmary71 The grocery shopping went so-so: I couldn't get the hamburger buns for my air fryer spicy chicken sandwiches or the roasted red peppers for my marinated chickpea salad but that's okay, I improvised: lettuce wrapped those spicy chicken sandwiches and put sundried tomatoes in the marinated chickpea salad and everything was delicious! :) I actually found someone on Nextdoor.com in my neighborhood that was making masks for the neighborhood for FREE! She didn't want any money, but if we had fabric or supplies, she would take that. So, I got three masks for my family. So generous! You might try there, or Craigslist if you don't have Nextdoor near you. Oh, I ordered some tube bands so I won't need those soup cans pretty soon but until then, I will check out that blog article, thanks! If you already have the recipe for the salmon typed up and just have to copy and paste it, I would love it please! I'm sorry your blood pressure is high, hopefully it can come down with the techniques you are working on. I love kitties!

@apple852hk I love the idea of writing a note thanking yourself for eating right, great thought!

For yesterday:
    Calories: over/under? over
    Water: over/under? under
    Exercise: rest day
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow (today): YouTube video of some sort, 52 oz of water
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    l25paqjdv3c3.png
    MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE

The challenge is simple. Lose 20 lbs as a group this week.

MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE have 24 members - so less than one pound each.

Who would like to participate?
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I would like to participate @Beka3695 but what happens if I gain? I don't want to ruin the group's chances to succeed

Weigh in:

PW: 156.6
    CW: 157.7

I'm disappointed but not surprised bc I just ate too much this week. I'm trying to start fresh today

I went out for a jog this morning even though my achilles is sore. It was really nice, a beautiful day. I'm struggling with some other physical pain- I won't get into it all, but I've been hurting off and on for 3 or 4 days, mostly my legs. Driving me a bit batty. It's probably partly stress and partly inactivity. For those of you that know me from PP (Pre-Pandemic!) When I was doing hard workouts like 8 or 9 times a week- this is why, I end up in a lot of physical pain if I'm not constantly moving substantially.

Anyway doing my best with it. I'm grateful I can still jog even though my achilles is sore. I think the stairs are out this week.

Take care all.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Wahhooooo!!! Good going team!! B)

yycunlmysy23.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check-in: So, today was another day spent inside my house. It's a good thing I like my house! :D I did a nice long workout, watched my pastor's message online, and gave my little dog a bath. This evening we are having a church fellowship Zoom meeting, which should be fun. I miss my church family soooo very much!! Tomorrow, I have a staff Zoom meeting in the morning to talk about how we can have a good Easter week in spite of not having church. Then I'm going grocery shopping. My plan is to get everything I need tomorrow for the entire week and not go back to any stores. I really wanted to go buy flowers for my container garden but that isn't very wise so we will wait until the quarantine has been lifted and then celebrate with lots of flowers. :)

Hey Team!!! :)I really hope you will all do your best with this challenge this week. If you end up having a gain then so be it. Just know that I will NOT allow you to beat yourself up for it!! All we are asking is that you commit to trying your best, stay in the green, and lose at least 20 lbs.

So are you in? I am!! B)
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    l25paqjdv3c3.png
    MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE

The challenge is simple. Lose 20 lbs as a group this week.

MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE have 24 members - so less than one pound each.

Who would like to participate?

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    One of the things in my life that I am still proud of is having been Cat/Mom to a rescue Maine Coon. Her first owner hit her, more than once. Her second owner took her in, but never fell in love with her. I fell in love with her, and she eventually came to live at my house. Over the course of a couple of years, she went from small and scared to big, fluffy, smart, funny and Mistress of the Universe. She was the smartest cat I have ever known.
    This is so amazing to read. A million years ago, a flute student of mine gave me the "runt" of her family's most recent Maine Coon litter. They were fancy cat people and did not want to sell this kitten because it was so inferior. HAH! This was the most amazing cat I ever had. Grumpy, sometimes even vicious, but so smart and interesting. Never a dull moment! Once I told someone, when they asked what was her breed, that she was an African Biting Cat. They believed me. She was VERY good at keeping her people in line, but so loyal in her own kind of way. Mistress of the Universe indeed!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @apple852hk I like the idea of putting a thankful note near food, I'll have to try that!

@mlhopp93 Great idea to focus on one or two things at a time. Nice loss!

@mrmcgrath I'll look further in reishi mushrooms, I know they're supposed to be good for you and are on the expensive side but don't know much else. Thank you!

@trooworld I've done BodyCombat, man that was tough! I have a Les Mills link plus my gym has Les Mills classes. The weekend after the gym closed was supposed to be a Les Mills intro class that I'd planned to take.

@its_cleo I'm glad you were able to get outdoors to work out! I hope your leg pain improves as well as your Achilles. It's tough taking it easy when used to working out hard, you know I struggle with that too!

@TeresaW1020 Sounds like a great day! I hope grocery shopping went well and you were able to get all you need. I've been tempted to get more soil for my seedlings, I guess if I went to Walmart or Target I'd have an excuse!

• Katmary71
    Options
    Sunday check-in

Calories- just under
    Exercise- bike, YouTube, yoga, foam rolling, pilates ball workout
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Weights- done
    Yoga/core- done
    Decluttering- none
    Recipe- nothing for a few days, just had a scramble for dinner
    steps- 20,000

Today started off bad, had my coffee while listening to music and going online and my router keeps crashing, I need to get ATT out here to fix it as it happens constantly. Poured all day so no going outside. I had breakfast then ate my nightly rationed pieces of candy as soon as I finished my oatmeal followed by a veggie wrap. Streamed the first half of church and it crashed again (you realize how much you're depending on it especially these days when phone streaming and internet are down!). Burned out on exercise bike right away and decided the heck with today and went back to bed planning on staying in pjs all day. Thank goodness I woke up in a better mood, I decided to do shorter videos and ended up enjoying myself. I had some old DVDs from early 2000s with exercise ball workouts and the pilates one wasn't even unwrapped so I checked them out as I wasn't able to stay on YouTube without it freezing. It was my first time doing pilates, the breathing fast compared to yoga is kind of annoying but the core workout was decent, I thought my core was pretty strong from my daily core workout but found a few moves tough. Will I add it on, probably not, but I'd do it again. I talked to family on Zoom for a bit, it helped cheer me up. We roped in some of my aunts as well but you guessed it, computer went down as soon as they were in the chat. Not a very exciting day but none of them are these days, just trying to get excited or at least look forward to little things.
  • trlong1308
    trlong1308 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Username: Trlong1308
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 234.7
    Todays Weight: 234.2

🤷🏿‍♀️ it's something I suppose
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I hope today is a better fitness day than yesterday was. I just couldn't get motivated to do anything physical. :( I guess we have those days though, don't we? I did have a nice salad for dinner with grapes, apples, feta cheese, walnuts, and chicken.

@its_cleo Sorry you are still in pain. :(

@TeresaW1020 I hope the stores went well. Yes, better wait until after quarantine to get the flowers.

@Beka3695 I will do the 20 pound challenge!

@Katmary71 I've never done BodyCombat, but I've done BodyPump in the gym. I think at this point in my life BC would be too tough for me, my body probably can't handle it with all the aches and pains I have lol. But I may try it! That's great you have access to Les Mills through your gym. I'm sorry you had computer problems, that's super frustrating! :(

For yesterday:
    Calories: over/under? over
    Water: over/under? under
    Exercise: rest day
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow (today): some form of physical activity even if it is banging my head against the wall :smile: , 52 oz of water+
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    It is suppose to be a beautiful day today, and of course, I am back at work. 🥴.

So something new for this week. I am making daily gratitude apart of my habits. I am finding it is so easy to get consumed with fear and anxiety.

I hope you all have a great Monday!

04/6
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.5
    Todays Weight 192.6

Yesterday
    Calories: under
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macros: in range
    Exercise: 💪🏻🏃🏽‍♀️(in place)

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    5184 steps. 5000goal steps
    2.3 miles
    2138 burned calories
    10 active
    82 sleep score
    60 resting sleep
    1217 calories consumed

Basic Goals
    Workout minutes:💪🏻
    Complete food diary: 🥙
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 😢
    Stay below sugar goal: 🍬
    Meet fiber in range:🥬
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 📚
    Breathing exercises:👎🏼
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 👎🏼

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive

This discussion has been closed.