DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    ddk125 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! What's everyone doing for exercise these days?

#11 on the April Showers challenge:
    Tell your team some ideas you have found to make home exercise possible (without spending money!) now that the gyms are closed. Weights? Cardio? How do you do it?

I'm not a gym attendee anyway, but I've been going on mini walks, and doing a core exercise video. I find that I love getting outside and walking. The air feels extra pure and fresh to me. ;)

Since the confinement I’ve been doing 5K jogs 6 times a week. I go out very early in the morning so I don’t run into anyone and I make sure I don’t touch anything and I shower as soon as I get home. It works out because I do it all before the kids wake up then I can have breakfast and start homeschooling.

If I can’t get out for whatever reason I either do my home stepper, a YouTube video or one of my many DVD’s, or one of my Zumba instructors Zumba live videos that are saved on our own Facebook group.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weighin week: 1
    Weighin day: Saturday
    Previous weight: 189.6
    Current weight: 190.4

First weigh in for April and it’s already going the wrong direction. Actually I’ve been between 189 and 191 for a couple of weeks now. I am exercising 6 out of 7 days each week (running) but I know for a fact that my intake is NOT good. I have been doing a lot of stress and emotional eating followed by mindless eating and well I’m just doing all the eating there is at the moment. I think that the only reason My weight hasn’t shot of drastically is because of my daily workouts. I am keeping myself at maintenance but that’s not what I want. I need to get back to weight loss and I’m struggling due to this confinement and my over all mental and emotional state.

Since we’ve been home and have limited access to shopping we’ve been doing lots of homemade baked foods like bread and cakes and pies. It’s something to keep us busy with the kids as they all enjoy to help out. The problem is it all gets eaten up by yours truly. Any tips on baking the cake but NOT eating it too?

Here are a few pictures of our baking adventures....
    i16mqxih8ose.jpeg
    cac6sqw3ltn4.jpeg
    am5dcbg99cur.jpeg
    lwg5wurx67qe.jpeg
    rf2eskefyz1r.jpeg
    9hyzuqevhv1n.jpeg
    v50qydltcbm7.jpeg
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    d9603d3o9sj6.jpeg

I found this treasure on YouTube. Come have a walk with me in France!! Give this video a go, get your steps in, and take in the beautiful views.

https://youtu.be/b57vHauk31g
  • FormerlyFit48
    FormerlyFit48 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Last 222.5
    Current 221.5

Be safe and healthy everyone xxxo
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Username: cesse47
    Previous weight: 308.6
    Current weight: 305.4

Really glad to have my first week behind me. The old "good" habits are starting to form ... as little take-out as possible, tracking everything, drinking water, and - yes - starting to exercise (a major step for me!). The "Living a Healthier Life" mentality is just starting to kick back into place. Overall, I'm pleased with my first week.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Username: mari_moulin
    Previous weight: 189.6
    Current weight: 190.4

First weigh in for April and it’s already going the wrong direction. Actually I’ve been between 189 and 191 for a couple of weeks now. I am exercising 6 out of 7 days each week (running) but I know for a fact that my intake is NOT good. I have been doing a lot of stress and emotional eating followed by mindless eating and well I’m just doing all the eating there is at the moment. I think that the only reason My weight hasn’t shot of drastically is because of my daily workouts. I am keeping myself at maintenance but that’s not what I want. I need to get back to weight loss and I’m struggling due to this confinement and my over all mental and emotional state.

Since we’ve been home and have limited access to shopping we’ve been doing lots of homemade baked foods like bread and cakes and pies. It’s something to keep us busy with the kids as they all enjoy to help out. The problem is it all gets eaten up by yours truly. Any tips on baking the cake but NOT eating it too?

Here are a few pictures of our baking adventures....
    i16mqxih8ose.jpeg
    cac6sqw3ltn4.jpeg
    am5dcbg99cur.jpeg
    lwg5wurx67qe.jpeg
    rf2eskefyz1r.jpeg
    9hyzuqevhv1n.jpeg
    v50qydltcbm7.jpeg

Your baking looks so delicious!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    FormerlyFit48
    Last 222.5
    Current 221.5

Be safe and healthy everyone xxxo

Congrats on the loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Username: cesse47
    Previous weight: 308.6
    Current weight: 305.4

Really glad to have my first week behind me. The old "good" habits are starting to form ... as little take-out as possible, tracking everything, drinking water, and - yes - starting to exercise (a major step for me!). The "Living a Healthier Life" mentality is just starting to kick back into place. Overall, I'm pleased with my first week.

Amazing loss! Great first week!
  • fossett2000
    fossett2000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Fossett2000

I will try the step challenge if I can figure out how to turn on my phone tracker, lol

Added you in. You can start sending me your numbers when you manage to get your tracker working 🚶🏻‍♀️

Mari, I am now in a boot and on crutches for 4-6 weeks, so I guess take me back out of the step challenge.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Fossett2000

I will try the step challenge if I can figure out how to turn on my phone tracker, lol

Added you in. You can start sending me your numbers when you manage to get your tracker working 🚶🏻‍♀️

Mari, I am now in a boot and on crutches for 4-6 weeks, so I guess take me back out of the step challenge.

Oh no what happened?! Sorry to hear you are injured 🤕. Hope you heal quickly and are able to move more as you heal. Hugs ❤️
  • ddk125
    ddk125 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Friday April 3

Steps:7756

1. Stay under calories (harder right now because of TOM): yes (barely)
    2. Meet step goal of 7000 steps: yes 7756
    3. Do core workout video: yes
    4. Make an effort to focus on positive and uplifting thoughts: Pretty good
    5. Rest if I feel my energy wane: Yes

Today’s goals:
    1. Spend less time online and more quality time with my husband.
    2. 5000 steps
    3. Rest as needed.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Great job Saturday weigh ins!!
  • ddk125
    ddk125 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in

Saturday April 5, 2019:

Steps: 5647

1. Spend less time online and more quality time with my husband: I think I did pretty good. We went on a 4+ mile bike ride in the morning and in the afternoon we worked together on sanding and painting some bentwood rockers I want to put out on the porch. It was a great day!
    2. 5000 steps: yes
    3. Rest if needed: Yes. I spent around an hour in the recliner 2 different times but feel very pleased with the productivity of the day!

Today’s goals
    1. Listen to sermon with Hubby
    2. 6500 steps
    3. Rest when needed
    4. Watch for bored snacking and do something else.
    5. Put my phone down for a while and focus on life around me.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in

Today's Goals
    Log all food and beverages honestly
    Drink at least 8 cups of water
    Do morning stretches
    Do at least 2 5 minute walking sessions
    Try one new exercise video for seated senior exercise
    Find one thing funny and share it
    Call sister to stay in touch
    Get outside if weather permits

I really, really, really need to get outside. I've had it in my daily goals for several days but it's rained the last 3 days. I may resort to just going for a short drive in the car. No people interactions but my mental health needs a serious break from the inside walls of my house.

Stay safe everyone! Have a good day. :)
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    2f23wygevzpq.jpg
    hvj9yt3ka02i.png
    nyzqxaab5gmj.png
    p7gqtj5ttxt7.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.40%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.28%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.26%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Downsizers 20.7 Lbs
    2nd Shrinking Assets 12.8 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 12.8 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @Murphyi150 3.79%
    2nd @achagpar 2.72%
    3rd @nbbaby 2.15%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @Murphyi150 6.0 Lbs
    2nd @nbbaby 4.6 Lbs
    3rd @charlottemilton 4.5 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @guitargirl55
    @Terytha
    @simbersea
    @wrknonmedaily
    @trooworld
    @Beka3695
    @Emmajhare
    @ddk125
    @laurenebargar

xkcjt5a6jcua.png

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday and Saturday check in
    Calories: over both days
    Exercise: 40 minutes Friday and none Saturday
    Water: not enough

Steps 4/3 7,981
    4/4 4,823

They last week has been very stressful. Between my Mom with Covid 19, my Dad had a heart attack Friday and Molly it has been crazy. I am trying not to stress eat but it has been tough. Yesterday my eating was awful but today is a new day. I am here cheering you all on. Stay safe and stay strong all.
  • Kres567
    Options
    Friday and Saturday check in
    Calories: over both days
    Exercise: 40 minutes Friday and none Saturday
    Water: not enough

Steps 4/3 7,981
    4/4 4,823

They last week has been very stressful. Between my Mom with Covid 19, my Dad had a heart attack Friday and Molly it has been crazy. I am trying not to stress eat but it has been tough. Yesterday my eating was awful but today is a new day. I am here cheering you all on. Stay safe and stay strong all.

Linda - you have had more than your fair share this week. 2020 has been the crappiest year so far but I think its important we continue to try and focus on ourselves amid all of the challenges life is throwing at us. I had a lot of chocolate yesterday myself but today is a new day for me also. We can get through this!!
  • Kres567
    Options
    @mari_moulin - here are my steps for the week
    April 1 - 5,860
    April 2 - 4,909
    April 3 - did not wear my Fitbit
    April 4 - 8,056
This discussion has been closed.