Options
    trlong1308 wrote: »
    Username: Trlong1308
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 234.7
    Todays Weight: 234.2

🤷🏿‍♀️ it's something I suppose

A loss is a loss and worth celebrating 🥳. I’m doing a happy dance you you!
  • trlong1308
    trlong1308 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You know what...you are right. Thank you for the motivation!
  • trlong1308
    trlong1308 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    l25paqjdv3c3.png
    MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE

The challenge is simple. Lose 20 lbs as a group this week.

MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE have 24 members - so less than one pound each.

Who would like to participate?

I would love to do it! I am starting the JJ 10 day cleanse today and should definitely be able to lose at least a pound
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    Week 1
    PW: 185.1
    CW: 186

I will participate in the 20 lb challenge for this week!
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Love seeing all the workout videos posted. It's good inspiration! In a bit of a funk here- I keep gaining and losing the same three pounds. Husband is frustrated with me- thinks I don't care about myself. He may have a point. I've been trying to get to a healthier weight without success for a couple of years now.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I will participate in the challenge this week...when does/did the "week" start? My weigh in is Wed, so I don't want to hurt the team....and it's my Bday, so...CAKE!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    3gjj4ut6d5gc.jpg

Happy Monday, Slimpossibles Step Challengers!

As we start this new week, our Step Challenge for last week is being closed. Mondays are a grace period each week, so that anyone who has not synced up with whatever app they use to track steps, has time to do so, to get credit for all their steps on Sunday.

The results for last week will be finalized, and we'll post winners tomorrow!

P.S. Not in on the Step Challenge but wish you were? Feel free to join us!
    1. Set up an account on FitRockr.com
    2. Then click this link to join the challenge: https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    3. Ping me if you have any problems getting set up!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Check-in - Sunday Report
    🔢 Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    🔥 Exercise: yes! outdoor date walk with husband (64 min)
    🚰 Water: under; need to pay a little more attention today!
    ✅ Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1) 🔴
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) 🟢
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) 🟢
    ⚙️ Goals
    - 10 K steps 🟢
    - Bonus workout video 🔴 None done, but I burned a good 20 minutes shopping for options and putting together a list of some I want to try. Hmm, perhaps a goal for today will be to actually DO one! 😉
    - Gardening 🔴 I let myself get stopped by having run out of a place to put stuff. Have fixed that, so am ready to play the get-sweaty-while-gardening game every day this week!

Goals and Improvements for Today (Monday)
    ✅ Habit Tracking
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) 🟢
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily; 1)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    ⚙️ Goals
    - 10 K steps, at least some outside!
    - At least one bonus workout video, not that I have a list of these to try!
    - Tiny Habit - Gardening (pull at least one weed!)
    - Aim for 90 minutes of movement, yoga, weights, etc
    - Goal for week - Move up a Fitness Level in FitRockr. I am at Level 13 right now, and want to see what it would take to get up to 14.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is well,
    Monday weigh in:
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 14
    Monday
    PW 226.8
    TW 224.6
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    One of the things in my life that I am still proud of is having been Cat/Mom to a rescue Maine Coon. Her first owner hit her, more than once. Her second owner took her in, but never fell in love with her. I fell in love with her, and she eventually came to live at my house. Over the course of a couple of years, she went from small and scared to big, fluffy, smart, funny and Mistress of the Universe. She was the smartest cat I have ever known.
    This is so amazing to read. A million years ago, a flute student of mine gave me the "runt" of her family's most recent Maine Coon litter. They were fancy cat people and did not want to sell this kitten because it was so inferior. HAH! This was the most amazing cat I ever had. Grumpy, sometimes even vicious, but so smart and interesting. Never a dull moment! Once I told someone, when they asked what was her breed, that she was an African Biting Cat. They believed me. She was VERY good at keeping her people in line, but so loyal in her own kind of way. Mistress of the Universe indeed!

I had a Maine Coon that was the runt. She was 10 pounds, full grown. I took her from my niece when the cat was a year old. My niece was 14 years old and I found out her "friends" would take the cat into the basement and throw things at her. Poor kitty. It took about a year before she would actually want to be petted. By the time she was about 4, she would finally come to us and sit and relax with us. Her name was Baby. She was the best kitty...and so fluffy! I even had her photo put onto some bank checks once :smile:
    w70xbw7xy13m.jpg

• AustinRuadhain
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    Love seeing all the workout videos posted. It's good inspiration! In a bit of a funk here- I keep gaining and losing the same three pounds. Husband is frustrated with me- thinks I don't care about myself. He may have a point. I've been trying to get to a healthier weight without success for a couple of years now.

@Cornanda - I am so sorry that you are in a bit of a funk, and that you and your husband are frustrated with you. 👐👐👐

Would you consider trying on a different idea about this? You can take this or leave it, but here are my thoughts.

And as perspective, I had been overweight for years when I took on the project of getting healthy again at the start of 2018.
    So, it sounds to me like you may have a great set of habits for maintaining a particular weight. Maybe stop and acknowledge that maintenance is in itself an accomplishment?! At least for me, it is! If I don't pay some attention, I'll find myself tending to gain. Your mileage may differ, but from here, solidly maintaining a weight actually looks pretty great! Like, happy dance time!
    For me, what worked, what is still working, is making very small improvements in daily actions. I took on looking at the number on the scale as a result, but focused on daily actions that moved me towards being healthier.

If any of this appeals to you, here are some resources:
    - Inspiration - Atomic Habits: How to Get 1% Better Every Day - James Clear : I found this video so SO inspirational. Be a tiny bit better today than yesterday -- that's something I can aim at and do, most days!
    - Easy & Fun Tools: A Stanford behavior researcher, BJ Fogg, has a system that I truly love, a great set of tools for redesigning your habits. He has a free 5-day online Tiny Habits course you can try (it made a difference for me!). His new book Tiny Habits is excellent! He has you tackle designing your behavior at a micro/tiny level, and a major focus is having that be fun!

Whatever you do, hang in there! Be kind to yourself and keep looking for the food, exercise and daily actions that work for you! Thanks for checking in. Whether or not any of what I said was helpful content-wise, I hope the "we are pulling for you" message comes across. Losing weight and improving health isn't easy/
  • gunderw59
    gunderw59 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone hope your day was good !!
    My goals met
    water
    calories under
    exercise
    logged everything
    sleep

Todays W/O

100 squats
    90 lemon squeezers
    80 push ups
    70 russian twists 26 lb. kb
    60 kettlebell swings 26 lb
    50 toes to bar substituted floor leg raises
    40 push press 2 ea 20 lb db's
    30 lunges
    20 burpees
    10 box step ups
    Time - 38:18
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 What a beautiful cat! I'm so glad you were able to take her and gain her trust.

We're a bunch of Maine Coon lovers! Mine are half, they were feral kittens and had been caught with their mom, neutered, and ear's cut to identify as feral. They had no info up when I spotted them at the rescue group and weren't supposed to be held. She told me I could try with one but not the other. Long story short they were terrified at first! One came around early and checks in with me a lot, he's super vocal and long-haired, the other JUST decided I'm ok and actually enjoys being pet and laying and sleeping by me all the time after months of flinching if I touched him or running when I was near.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,558 Member
    Options
    I don't know how posting will be through Wednesday, my internet's been dropping intermittently for some time now and this weekend it started crashing for longer amounts of time, technician comes Wed. Hate having someone in the house but I'll keep my distance. Being alone I've been streaming music, workout videos, using Netflix, and going online a lot. You really realize how much you use it when it's gone! Thank goodness I love to read.

I'll do my check-in now, I'll be under calories and good water. I checked out more cheesy videos in between turning to face laptop for YouTube weight lifting then turning around for TV when it froze. Eventually finished weights, challenges, yoga, foam rolling, ball workout, and short Leslie Sansone. I've decided while it was a decent workout Denise Austin drives me nuts! Calves are still super tight so I've chilled on steps and cardio and put Tiger Balm on them. Won't be able to eat as much today, no popcorn tonight.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 201
    Todays Weight: 199

Whohoo! Finally made it to Onederland
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    I've been eating more carbs but watching portions which seems to be working for now.

I moved my stationary bike out to the front porch yesterday for a change of scenery. The weather is getting nicer so that should keep me motivated for a while.

Count me in for the 20lb challenge.
  • mrmcgrath
    mrmcgrath Posts: 956 Member
    Options

04/7
    Check In
    Username: mrmcgrath
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Weight: 192.5
    Todays Weight 192.2

Yesterday
    Calories: maintenance
    Water: over/under? Under
    Macros: in range
    Exercise: 💪🏻🏃🏽‍♀️(in place)🤸🏻‍♀️

Yesterday’s Fitbit/mfp stats:
    6359 steps. 5000goal steps
    2.64 miles
    2428 burned calories
    45 active
    84 sleep score
    60 resting sleep
    1522 calories consumed

Basic Goals
    Workout minutes:💪🏻
    Complete food diary: 🥙
    Stay hydrated(more than 64 oz): 😢
    Stay below sugar goal: 🍬
    Meet fiber in range:👎🏼
    Daily self care: meditating, crafting, reading, etc. 🧘🏻‍♀️
    Breathing exercises:👎🏼🌬
    Sleep: minimum 7 hours 🛌

My vision for 2020:
    To find out who I am outside of “mom” since I will be an empty nester in the 5 months.
    To love me no matter where I am at in my journey.
    To pursue habits and hobbies that I will enjoy and that will enrich my soul.
    To focus on total health (mind, body, and soul)

Don’t let any one weigh-in dictate what I do.
    Choose to do the work.
    Choose to show up & do the actions.
    Don’t give up when you get your first bit of resistance.
    Stick to your habits no matter what. Ignore your ego and avoid complacency.
    Keep a connection with others who understand what this journey. Isolation is not helpful
    Don’t hide when weight gain happens. Assume it will. Share your truth, and don’t let your mind tell you no one will understand.
    Make up your mind that you are and will be successful.
    Accept that this is your struggle, and you will not be fixed. I will need to continuously manage my condition.

#FeelAlive

Happy Tuesday! What a way to start the day then by a beautiful sunrise.

dhk41e4dyakz.jpeg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath, what a gorgeous sunrise!! Thank you for sharing! :)

@Jactop, Yayyyyy for Onderland!! I know that you were doing the happy dance when you saw that number! B) That is a great idea to move your bike to your front porch and I know you are motivated to do very well with our 20 lb. challenge.

@Katmary71, I would have someone in too if my internet wasn’t working well. Yes, keep your distance and just wipe down everything he touches. I’m sure the tech will be just as cautious. Denise Austin drives me nuts too! :D

@gunderw59, great job meeting your goals! You are a workout beast!! B)

@AustinRuadhain, such great advice you gave Cornanda. Your words of wisdom are very timely for me too and I seriously need to spend some time thinking about what I’m doing with my weight and why. Ugghhhh!! :#

@vegan4lyfe2012, awe that Baby was such a cutie!! I always wanted a Maine Coon. :)

@wrknonmedaily, great weigh-in!! Keep it up! B)

@leondixon, the challenge started on Sunday and everyone’s weight will count. We just wanted team members to say they were in so that they would be aware and try a little extra harder this week. Having said that, you should totally have a VERY happy birthday and enjoy your cake! ;)

@Cornada, girl we are the same person right now! :/ My DH is also a little frustrated with me because he knows how badly I want to lose weight yet I can’t seem to get my act together to actually do it. He agreed to let me rejoin WW online and I have yet to fully embrace the plan. @AustinRuadhain gave you (and me) some great advice. Let’s work on supporting each other and see if we can head in the right direction. <3

Good morning! Am I the only one that wakes up not knowing what day it is anymore? :D Yesterday, I went out and did the grocery shopping for the week. I have out Easter ham, side dishes, and dessert ready to go. It will be a little over the top so I am determined to stick to my plan for the rest of the week and count my points. I think having this 20 lb challenge at the forefront of my mind is a VERY good thing. I’m off to my workout room to do today’s workout which is biceps/back weights and a cardio walk on the treadmill. Take care of yourself and stay safe! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @mrmcgrath I am, too. I'm walking a fine line here. Beautiful sunrise!

@leonadixon HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Enjoy the cake! :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 People can be awful. Baby is beautiful! What a sweet kitty!

@Jactop That's a great idea to move your bike to the porch. I wish I could do that but I don't have a porch lol.

For yesterday:
    Calories: over/under? even
    Water: over/under? over
    Exercise: Leslie Sansone YouTube video
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow (today): ride the spin bike, 52 oz+ of water, stay at or under my points for the day
  • Cornanda
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you. Very much. I am good at maintaining, but only when I'm trying to lose. If I don't do anything I gain. So, perhaps I need to look harder at my habits and see what I can do there. I believe you have said that you've lost over 100 pounds? What is your motivation? Tell me about some of the habit changes you made- first ones, hard ones, easy ones, whatever. I'm going to look into the habits course. I read most of Atomic habits but then had to get it back to the library before I started working on my habit changes.
    @TeresaW1020- I would love to work on mutual support with you!
This discussion has been closed.