• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Calories: way under
    Exercise: 50 minute walk
    Water: no

Steps 4/8 8,852

I can’t believe it is weigh in day for me tomorrow. I am nervous as my weight has been up and down all week. It is really damp here today so I don’t know if I will get to take my walk outside. On a good note both Mom and Dad are out of hospital. Be safe all!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 40 minutes
    2. Get 8000 steps to meet step challenge
    3. Do tai chi
    4. Declutter
    5. Log all food and stay within calorie goal
  • ddk125
    ddk125 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's achievements:

Steps: 6099

1. Read Bible and pray:yes
    2. Make bed: yes
    3. Clean kitchen:yes
    4. Teach nephew and niece: yes
    5. Hydrate:yes
    7. Relax when it's all done. And not stress about what could have been different: yes!
    8. 5000 steps: yes

Yesterday was a very fun, completely exhausting day! I enjoyed it immensely and want to do it again! (I think my sister-in-law wants that, too!) I've offered to help 3 mornings a week, and she said something about 1 day a week. Guess I will wait and see how it all comes together.

This morning I am sore and tired and happy. Hubby suggested I skip the exercise today. I don’t want to overdo since I have recently came so far with my thyroid and adrenals. But I really dont want to skip my workout. How does one determine how to do :grey_question:

Today’s Goals:
    1. Spend an hour resting this morning.
    2. Sew for an hour or two.
    3. Catch up on folding laundry.
    4. Phone time with a friend.
    5. 8000 steps (I think that's my goal. Provided I don't have a complete energy crash today.)
  • ddk125
    Options
    TELL US ABOUT YOUR NSV!

l4lk3vi3k646.jpeg

Ok so I know I always come back to this NSV, but they are so important to me because its a goal i set for myself 4 years ago. I have always admired runners and have envied them when they do their 5k’s 10’k relay races marathons etc. I did my very first 5k 4 years ago and I “ran” it in 48 minutes. A couple of days ago I did my morning 5k and It was my own personal best time and not only that but I reached my goal of doing it in 35 minutes!! This is the average time for people running 5ks. Some runners go much much faster and some go much much slower (like me on my first try). I’m so proud to have reached my 35 minute 5K goal!! Not only that but yesterday i gave myself a break and walked the 5K instead and I did it in 44 minutes which is faster than when I ran it the first time 😂😂😂 I’m now walking faster than I was “running” 4 years ago!

That is completely awesome!

I have often thought I would like to one day get into running. However, I know now is not the time, since I'm still walking out of thyroid and adrenal problems. I would think adding running would make my adrenals go crazy!

However I respect and admire people who do run. It takes perseverance and dedication and hard work, yet looks like fun all at one.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Kres567 wrote: »
    @ddk125 and @cesse47 - your daily goals are inspiring!!

Thanks! Baby steps ... but gotta start somewhere LOL

I saw one of yours mentioned "bootcamp". WowZaa!! They'd be hauling me out on a stretcher. LOL You Go Girl!!

haha! Thanks. I have a Peloton membership which includes running and boot camp classes. I really love my Peloton membership. These last couple of days though I haven’t been feeling like exercising at all. Giving myself a break today and will get back at it tomorrow and the weekend.
  • Kres567
    Options
    TELL US ABOUT YOUR NSV!

l4lk3vi3k646.jpeg

Since I’ve been working from home during the pandemic I have way more energy for working out which gives me more energy through the day. Now I just need to work on determination levels. I have all the motivation to work out but it’s having strong determination to do it everyday.
  • Kres567
    Options
    TELL US ABOUT YOUR NSV!

l4lk3vi3k646.jpeg

Ok so I know I always come back to this NSV, but they are so important to me because its a goal i set for myself 4 years ago. I have always admired runners and have envied them when they do their 5k’s 10’k relay races marathons etc. I did my very first 5k 4 years ago and I “ran” it in 48 minutes. A couple of days ago I did my morning 5k and It was my own personal best time and not only that but I reached my goal of doing it in 35 minutes!! This is the average time for people running 5ks. Some runners go much much faster and some go much much slower (like me on my first try). I’m so proud to have reached my 35 minute 5K goal!! Not only that but yesterday i gave myself a break and walked the 5K instead and I did it in 44 minutes which is faster than when I ran it the first time 😂😂😂 I’m now walking faster than I was “running” 4 years ago!

This is incredible Mari! To be walking faster then you ran it several years ago is a huge accomplishment. That’s a real sign of positive healthy change!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Steps for this week
    April 6 - 10960
    April 7 - 9751
    April 8 - 2051

You can totally tell the days I workout and those I don’t.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 244.2
    CW: 248.0

Time to get back on track! Like many, I've been working reduced hours. With all the 'extra time', I have been sitting around, eating everything and tracking nothing, and it shows on the scale.
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I love Cathy. She was raised here so a lot of her early cartoons were very relatable because of that.

8imqtnyyfirj.jpg
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    QUESTION -- When we are out of lockdown and can go to a sit-down restaurant and order anything we want ... What are you going to order?

Daily Check-in

Today's Goals
    Log all food and beverages honestly
    Drink at least 8 cups of water
    Do morning stretches
    Do at least 2 5 minute walking sessions
    Do 30 minute chair yoga
    Find one thing funny and share it

Get outside if weather permits -- Major Thunderstorms & Hail last night...Sunny and low 50's today
    ... what can I say ... it's Michigan LOL --- Today it's snowing. SIGHhhhhhhhh

Need to input grocery order for delivery Friday. Always takes twice as long as I think it should.done; order will be delivered on Sunday.
    Would like to do one load of laundry: wash, dry, fold/hang, put away -- didn't do yest; maybe today. lol

Stay safe everyone! Have a good day. :)
  • dness1203
    dness1203 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the lateness. It’s been a crazy week.
    Last weight 306.2
    Current 305.1
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    TELL US ABOUT YOUR NSV!

l4lk3vi3k646.jpeg

My most recent NSV is I can now fit into some XL pants. It was very exciting when this happened.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ddk125 wrote: »
    TELL US ABOUT YOUR NSV!

l4lk3vi3k646.jpeg

Hubby says I'm losing inches already! And that I'm firmer. :blush:

That is very exciting!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    TELL US ABOUT YOUR NSV!

l4lk3vi3k646.jpeg

That is an amazing accomplishment! Well done!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I hope your week is going well!

Week 2 check in
    PW - 171
    CW - 170.6
    Weigh in day Tuesday

The weather has been beautiful this week where I live, so I’ve been able to go on walks every evening after dinner the past few nights. It’s been nice to get outside.

Great job on the loss! I am loving the warmer weather myself.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Kres567 wrote: »
    TELL US ABOUT YOUR NSV!

l4lk3vi3k646.jpeg

Since I’ve been working from home during the pandemic I have way more energy for working out which gives me more energy through the day. Now I just need to work on determination levels. I have all the motivation to work out but it’s having strong determination to do it everyday.

More energy is a bonus!
  • ddk125
    Options
    Well here I am half way though the day and the only goal I've met is getting an hour of rest this morning. I am going to have to get busy!!

I'm hoping to somehow get my steps in today, but I've opted not to do the core workout video since Im feeling rather drained today.
This discussion has been closed.