DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    QUESTION -- When we are out of lockdown and can go to a sit-down restaurant and order anything we want ... What are you going to order?

Daily Check-in

Today's Goals
    Log all food and beverages honestly
    Drink at least 8 cups of water
    Do morning stretches
    Do at least 2 5 minute walking sessions
    Do 30 minute chair yoga
    Find one thing funny and share it

Get outside if weather permits -- Major Thunderstorms & Hail last night...Sunny and low 50's today
    ... what can I say ... it's Michigan LOL --- Today it's snowing. SIGHhhhhhhhh

Need to input grocery order for delivery Friday. Always takes twice as long as I think it should.done; order will be delivered on Sunday.
    Would like to do one load of laundry: wash, dry, fold/hang, put away -- didn't do yest; maybe today. lol

Stay safe everyone! Have a good day. :)

I think I will get my husband to take me to Kelseys and I will order the steak, shrimp, veggies and sweet potato fries. Now I am hungry! 😋
  • ddk125
    ddk125 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    I love Cathy. She was raised here so a lot of her early cartoons were very relatable because of that.

8imqtnyyfirj.jpg

Love that one!!! :grin:
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Sorry for the lateness. It’s been a crazy week.
    Last weight 306.2
    Current 305.1

Well done on the loss!
  • mellane30
    mellane30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,
    So, I suppose even a small loss is still a loss. I did get my mountain bike fixed so I went mountain biking on Tuesday. I didn't actually get to go to the mountains (as most of that is closed) but there are some trails and hills around my neighborhood. That was fun. I did forget how much that works the thighs and butt. Ooo...soreness.
    Also, I have learned a lot over the past week and, while turning all of this into a positive outlook is hard, there have been some enlightenment's that have given me pause. There is a quote that I have hanging on the back of my office door that says, "the mind is a powerful thing. You are what you believe you are". I really started to think about that. What are my beliefs about myself? How are those beliefs helping or hurting my progress and/or my overall self worth. How do my beliefs shape my reality? After writing down some of my beliefs, I realized I am harming myself with my thoughts more than anything else. So I am going to really work on changing those beliefs and introducing positive, factual beliefs. I will continue to eat healthier and drink my water, meditate and exercise, but I feel that I need to stop just treating the symptoms and get down to the root of the problems that I am facing.

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin Week: 04/06/2020
    Weighin day: Monday
    Previous weight: 213.8
    Current weight: 213.0
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Steps 4/9 -10766
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    I live a rural area of BC Canada (Osoyoos - Anarchist Mtn) and one ‘benefit’ to living here in a forested area is being part of a ‘Fire Smart’ community. With the threat of forest fires we must be diligent and ensure that we keep our property as clear as possible based on certain perimeter guidelines. Long story short for me that means one of my outside chores is raking pines needles and pine cones. Who woulda thunk the forest had SO many needles and cones LOL. That was what kept me busy busy busy today so I finally surpassed my step goal and I am over 12000 ! That’s a big deal for me. Tomorrow going to start raking another portion of the lot after I finish some Easter baking .. 🤞.
    Thanks for listening 🙂
  • fossett2000
    fossett2000 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Last week : 260.4
    Today : 259.0
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 54 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 4/9 9,428

PW 206.4
    CW 205.6

I almost forgot to post my weight. I happy with my loss this week as my weight was bouncing up and down. I think the pizza on Sunday caused some water weight gain. It took a little longer to shake the water weight as I was not as good with my water intake this week. I will have to walk inside as it is nasty out. It is snowing, cold and windy.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 45 minutes
    2. Get 8500 steps for step challenge (going to be tough today)
    3. Drink at least 8 cups of water
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I really enjoy walking outside. I have been using map my walk for getting my distance on the walks. I want to increase my distance a little everyday. Yesterday, I walked 2 km and turned around figuring when I got home I would have walked 4 km. When I got home, map my walk said my total distance was 2.9 km. I am thinking the program must be glitchy. Is there a better program to use?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    Good afternoon,
    So, I suppose even a small loss is still a loss. I did get my mountain bike fixed so I went mountain biking on Tuesday. I didn't actually get to go to the mountains (as most of that is closed) but there are some trails and hills around my neighborhood. That was fun. I did forget how much that works the thighs and butt. Ooo...soreness.
    Also, I have learned a lot over the past week and, while turning all of this into a positive outlook is hard, there have been some enlightenment's that have given me pause. There is a quote that I have hanging on the back of my office door that says, "the mind is a powerful thing. You are what you believe you are". I really started to think about that. What are my beliefs about myself? How are those beliefs helping or hurting my progress and/or my overall self worth. How do my beliefs shape my reality? After writing down some of my beliefs, I realized I am harming myself with my thoughts more than anything else. So I am going to really work on changing those beliefs and introducing positive, factual beliefs. I will continue to eat healthier and drink my water, meditate and exercise, but I feel that I need to stop just treating the symptoms and get down to the root of the problems that I am facing.

Username: Mellane30
    Weighin Week: 04/06/2020
    Weighin day: Monday
    Previous weight: 213.8
    Current weight: 213.0

That is a great quote! Your self observation is very inspiring.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.
    I live a rural area of BC Canada (Osoyoos - Anarchist Mtn) and one ‘benefit’ to living here in a forested area is being part of a ‘Fire Smart’ community. With the threat of forest fires we must be diligent and ensure that we keep our property as clear as possible based on certain perimeter guidelines. Long story short for me that means one of my outside chores is raking pines needles and pine cones. Who woulda thunk the forest had SO many needles and cones LOL. That was what kept me busy busy busy today so I finally surpassed my step goal and I am over 12000 ! That’s a big deal for me. Tomorrow going to start raking another portion of the lot after I finish some Easter baking .. 🤞.
    Thanks for listening 🙂

It must be very beautiful there! That’s a lot of raking but it is great way to burn calories.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Last week : 260.4
    Today : 259.0

Great job on the loss!
  • ddk125
    ddk125 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's achievements:

Steps: 6797

Spend an hour resting this morning: Yes
    Sew for an hour or two:. No. Didn't sew at all.
    Catch up on folding laundry: No. Didn't fold a single item.
    Phone time with a friend: Talked with my mother and sister. But not with a friend.
    8000 steps: No.

Yesterday was not a great day. I was tired. Had to go to town and run some errands, which included a shopping session at the grocery store.

It's nearly impossible to schedule a grocery order here. The slots get filled rather quickly. The upside was that other than toilet tissue, I was able to get everything on my list.

I really really wanted to meet my step goal but was tired and finally asked myself what good pushing myself would do. I have done that way too much in the past and I think that's partly why my adrenals are needing supplementary hormones. So I decided to have a restful day yesterday and try again today.

Today's goals:
    1. Core workout video
    2. Tidy kitchen.
    3. Plan lunch.
    4. Fold laundry
    5. 8500 steps
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone.
    Thanks for listening 🙂

I love Osoyoos! Such a beautiful, peaceful place! Great stepping day for you!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Friday check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 54 minute walk
    Water: not enough

Steps 4/9 9,428

PW 206.4
    CW 205.6

I almost forgot to post my weight. I happy with my loss this week as my weight was bouncing up and down. I think the pizza on Sunday caused some water weight gain. It took a little longer to shake the water weight as I was not as good with my water intake this week. I will have to walk inside as it is nasty out. It is snowing, cold and windy.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 45 minutes
    2. Get 8500 steps for step challenge (going to be tough today)
    3. Drink at least 8 cups of water

Great loss Linda!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Username: kres567
    Weigh in week: 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 215.2
    Current weight: 217

Pretty frustrated and discouraged. All the time I’ve been working hasn’t helped in the fat loss area. I’m going to take some time today to get a plan for the week. Pre make some healthy go to meals and snacks for me to have during the week. I must be doing some mindless snacking that is adding to calories for the day.

Another new day today.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!! Any fun plans for Easter? I am attempting to make homemade French bread for the first time. I love fresh bread so hopefully it turns out.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Happy Friday!! Any fun plans for Easter? I am attempting to make homemade French bread for the first time. I love fresh bread so hopefully it turns out.

Pretty boring this year. We usually gather at my daughters for Easter dinner. But I will FaceTime my granddaughters so that counts for something.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    4/10 steps 8915
This discussion has been closed.