WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    grrrr....I made a huge batch of delicious ham-bean-vegetable soup yesterday (113 cal/cup), put one big full pot outside on the patio to cool for portioning and freezing later. Forgot about it and see this morning that something got into it (raccoon probably), about an inch down from the full pot that it was, for a split second thought about boiling it up, then just bit the bullet and tossed it up in the field. I won't do THAT again, what a waste!. Fortunately there is some that made it into the fridge. While cursing that, I was happy to see a red fox trot up the yard and pounce on some rodent in the field... on to a new day.
    @conleywoods I like those takeaways from the No Sweat book. How nice for us to have you glean the good bits for us. Thank you!
    @micki48 Feel better and don't rush yourself. I never had one myself but a coworker had a doozy and it can take awhile.
    @CanadianGiraffe I'll bet you slept great last night - gardening is so satisfying. One has to develop your own 'garden yoga' to deal with balancing the strain on your back, knees, neck....all of it.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @eggfreak so sorry about your soup, that sucks, but I'm sure the critters enjoyed it...

@micki48 Hope you feel better soon !

@Andreabroadley I use CBD on the regular, although mine is in gummy form.. It works well for me, as a matter of fact, since I started using that daily, it took me over a year to use my prescription of 60- 800mg ibuprofen... Hope it works for you.

Yesterday was a good day, did all of my scheduled exercise. and stayed within goal for food... No snacks, no drinks, no smoking... :)

I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder or neck, and it is so freakin bothersome it goes all the way down to my fingers at times... the funny part is the more I move it, the less it hurts.. so I sit at my desk and do some awfully weird moves, then I move the wrong way, pinch something else, so there's a flinch and a squeak... So yeah, very lucky there's basically no one here to see that... I layed in my neck hammock last night and it felt better (I have some bulging discs, reverse lordosis and some arthritis, or whatever that is when your bones start growing towards each other going on in my neck) I saw a chiropractor for a year, but as soon as you stop going it all comes back, so I chatted with the doc there, and got this neck hammock, this weird pillow and some exercises I am supposed to use a couple of times a week... Guess who hasn't used it in months ?

Anyway, I will get it worked out, I have spine issues from top to bottom, so I'm used to it, and will figure out how to manage..

Did my 2 miles this morning, after work I have yoga and the walk/jog with the puppers today, it's a rainy kinda day, but I'm gonna do it anyway, I know the hubby won't want to go, so instead of doing 2 laps I will just do one lap with each dog, which will work out well considering , they do so much better by themselves anyway...

Dinner tonight will most likely be leftovers, from the past couple of nights, cause there is no more room in the fridge till some are eaten...

"It's what you practice in private, that you will be rewarded for in public"

Okay gotta admit, I am not a huge fan of that quote, but maybe I don't quite understand what it's trying to say... I'll have to think on it...

Hope you all have a wonderful day !

Steps for 5/5 = 10,128 + 20 minutes of Pilates.

• jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @jugar or @micki48 my steps for 5/5: 6,611

Yesterday turned out well, I chose an ahi tuna tostada for lunch. Delicious and probably the healthiest item on the menu. I also did a Zumba workout on the Wii, which really made me miss the real thing. Can't wait for the quarantine to be over!

IF still going well, pretty close to 16 hours fasting now. Going to be a struggle today as I really want coffee but can't stand it black, so I'll probably have plain tea instead. Planning to take the dog for a walk tonight after work.

Hope you are all doing well!
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak sorry to hear about your soup! I've had similar issues with a groundhog getting into a batch of wild apples I had stored on the sun porch. Wildlife can be so rewarding to have around home but pesky at the same time!
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods Thank you, sweets is definitely a struggle. I’m going to have to look into that book and give it a read
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    I am tired and sore tonight. Spent another 4 hours planting the garden. Probably 2 more days to go but I need it to stay warmer overnight to put in my beans and corn and tomatoes. Anyway I am feeling muscles that don't get used for much else than bending and planting! I always find this to be such a hopeful time of year - the promise of today's work turning into tomorrow's harvest. And it seems especially important this year with all the uncertainty around food supplies. I even made a batch of yogurt today - haven't done that since I was in university forty years ago.

I'm so jealous!! You are a lot farther north than I am, but obviously much more advanced in planting. My daughter keeps telling me how warm it is in Wainwright, and I go around muttering under my breath for a while. I did plant arugula, kale, and a few radishes, but they are barely poking their heads up, and they are not too happy about the snow showers we are still getting from time to time. In any case - well done! It is good to get the garden sore feeling - and homemade yogurt is one of the best things to do. I have not bought yogurt for at least a couple of years now, and I have perfected my recipe and technique. It's great stuff.

Workout = harvest. Yes.
  • jugar
    Options
    jguldi11 wrote: »
    @jugar or @micki48 my steps for 5/5: 6,611
    I also did a Zumba workout on the Wii, which really made me miss the real thing. Can't wait for the quarantine to be over!
    If you tell us how many minutes of Zumba, I can add that to your count for the day! Any intentional exercise can be tracked for your daily count, so just post how many minutes and it will be done :smiley:
    My knee feels wierd. It feels sore, even a little bruised, but I didn't do anything. I'm going to keep logging and focus on my macros. I'm enjoying Barre and doing a little extra cardio.
    Be careful about that knee! I know it is just my experience, but often Barre, especially if the feet are turned out, really tweaks my knee. I really have to watch it as soon as feet are not parallel, or just do everything parallel.

@eggfreak 's new friend:
    51hpqgjafaj0.png
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    PW: 177.4
    CW: 177.8
    Going the wrong direction. ;( We are hitting 90. Too hot to do antything. It is sad when you wake up and it is already in the 70s Well can't control the weather so going to drink lots of water and move a head.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    HEADS UP!

Wednesday weigh-ins:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527
    @fourathomej

Late:
    @Alexsandramorff I hope you find your way here! @graceojo999 ? Maybe you can help with a reminder? :heart:

We like all the weigh-ins. The good, the bad, the meh. Send 'em on in!

I had that I was taking this week off for sanity sake - chemistry final will be done by Friday. I'll get it to you later if you still want it...
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!

No workout for me today - it's a rest day. I had planned to do some yoga this morning, but I'm up against a hard deadline, so decided to crack on after coffee and toast. I did, however, take Edie out for her walk, so before lunch we had a pleasant half hour in the forest (my pooch LOVES the sun!).

Steps for yesterday (05/05) - 7137. I hope you feel better soon @micki48 !
    @eggfreak I'm so sorry that beastie got into your soup! It was certainly safer to chuck the whole lot out.

Supper will be chicken breast and home made potato wedges in the air crisper - haven't done that yet, so it should be good!

I had a lovely video call from my son earlier this afternoon - he said he just wanted to see my face (how lovely is that?) Technology helps enormously when you're thousands of miles away from your loved ones, doesn't it?

Anyway, I need to get downstairs and start supper. Enjoy the rest of your day, Friends.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,204 Member
    Options
    So feeling a bit better then yesterday...was quite sick last night. I really have to watch my food consumption. No appetite...need to keep the fat low and smaller meals or my stomach gets super pissed at me!

@Terytha - My hands are the first place I lose weight as well - bummer!!!

@conleywoods - Good to hear on the surgery - that word has always put a little fear into me!!

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,204 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    fourathomej
    Wednesday
    PW:164.7
    CW: 163.2
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I know I seen it in another thread somewhere but can someone post a link for thhe team spreadsheet again? I got really confused when we went from the other thread to this one haha FYI I am kinda a ditz sooo confusing me is not hard to do lol
  • jugar
    Options
    I had that I was taking this week off for sanity sake - chemistry final will be done by Friday. I'll get it to you later if you still want it...
    I thought it was just the final 2 weeks of April... It's OK but this has to be the last week off! :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    I know I seen it in another thread somewhere but can someone post a link for thhe team spreadsheet again? I got really confused when we went from the other thread to this one haha FYI I am kinda a ditz sooo confusing me is not hard to do lol

There are 2 ways to always find this! On the F2F home page, the link is always there, right at the end of the month's schedule. Just click where it says click.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

OR, here it is directly, and you can bookmark it. It is a new link every month, but it is always on the home page.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SWPTsxrBnvzgVdJI3vSBU2dELs6Y56G8WNf71vO4e2k/edit?usp=sharing

Whichever you do, just wait for it to load, then find our team tab at the bottom and there we are. If you scroll all the way to the right, you'll see the part that shows how many weeks are "in the green", and right after that is the list of the names and where people live for those team members who have shared that info. If it isn't up to date, let me know!

Then go back to the left again, and as you scroll down, you see the step team, the support team (those who are on the team but not tracking weight officially because they are maintaining, on a break, ill, etc.), then the sad drop list where people go if they do not weigh in for 2 weeks in a row without requesting an excuse.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I made it 2 days! I logged my food & was under calories. Too bad I gained 3 lbs beforehand.
  • jugar
    Options
    deniners2 wrote: »
    I made it 2 days! I logged my food & was under calories. Too bad I gained 3 lbs beforehand.

Those 3 pounds will be gone if you keep up the good work! Logging is magic o:)
  • jugar
    Options
    StepEx team? Is that a good new name for the Step team now that we're adding in exercise minutes translated into step counts? Whatever it is called, it needs more people! Who is ready to start racking up more numbers?

Everyone who has been here for a while knows I have a thing for numbers. And seeing them add up as you track steps through the day and then boost that number with even a bit of other exercise is fun. Today I had a good number of steps 13,322. All I did as other exercise was 15 minutes of Pilates, and that was counted as the equivalent of 1500 steps (100 steps per minute). It adds up! Stuff like the elliptical, or running, or other intense exercise goes over 200 steps per minute equivalent, and even quiet exercise like stretching gets you 6 steps per minute. Join the team, whatever it ends up being called and see how high we can pile up those lovely numbers.
This discussion has been closed.