WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    I did soooo well with eating today!!!
    pt9ukhof43pz.jpeg
    Dinner-notice the very big salad and very small pasta serving. Pasta is my weakness. I made a vegan classic bolognese sauce. I normally would have used the bigger bowl that the salad is in and made sure it was a decent size portion. Not tonight.
    I did go back for seconds
    7xbipwybf89v.jpeg
    Very small amount of seconds. Waited 30 minutes then...
    Finished with 1/2 a small strawberry cheesecake and hazelnut tea.
    i7ppocjmvdif.jpeg
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    @lennoncpa ahhhh what a sad day! We really enjoyed all the Sunny pics!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    @Freeglerock I love your allotment, I have vege gardens here but I can't seem to grow anything. And if I manage to, guaranteed a cat digs it up for me!

To answer your question about exercise - I have never been a morning person, but I actually prefer to get into a morning exercise routine. Recently with lockdown I have been doing about 20 - 30 mins each morning (spin or yoga) then straight into the gym after work, but what I do then varies. Some nights it's an hour of cardio, some nights split cardio and yoga depending what I did earlier. Some nights I train my son as well as do my own exercise and wind up adding in some body weight exercises as well. If I'm not feeling so great I will skip one session but not usually both. Force of habit.

@lennoncpa I'm sad for you! All I saw when this page first loaded was those ears!

@Mrsbell8well Your food looks so delicious as usual! I think rice cakes must be different in the USA to what they are here though. They're barely 35 calories each and not much food at all here. I remember I used to eat 2 of them with a little Peanut Butter for lunch when I was doing WW years back and the leader told me to eat more. 😆

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/06 steps 6512
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa Oh no! I know you're sad to see them go, and we'll all miss the daily dose of Sunny!

@Mrsbell8well Your food always looks delicious! I love pasta too, and last night I sauteed a bunch of veggies (onions, peppers, zucchini, garlic and spinach) and had that over only 3oz of rotini noodles. Helped me indulge my pasta fix AND get more vegetables in for the day.

@hope002 Wow. Your transformation is incredible! I don't think I have the ability to do IF. I'd stress out over not eating or stress about what time it is or a million other things.

Yesterday was a good day. Today has begun with a garbage disposal situation, but hubs is on it, so hopefully, we can get it resolved.

Gotta finish some planting today, and I've planned to do a strength workout, but first, breakfast.
    Here's a pic of what's become my new norm: strawberries, blackberries, and 1/2 orange with nonfat Greek yogurt and 1/4 cup of granola.
    9lber2g1hbqu.jpg
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nstephenson01
    Thursday
    Week 1
    PW: 172
    CW: 172.8
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Wednesday's check in
    Food- on plan
    Water - 80 oz
    Exercise - 50 min walk, PT and stretching

It is so nice to be back on a somewhat normal schedule. I am feeling good about my eating, water, sleep and exercise. I want to be in a solid routine and then I will level up a bit. I am already done with my exercise for today. I don't know why I just don't do it earlier in the day everyday. Hope everyone is doing well and has a nice day today. :)

@Freeglerock I was done with my exercise today by 10am. What a great feeling to know it is behind me. However, it is rare I do it this early. I try to do it mid day. I am going to try to get in the habit of doing it earlier but as you know, that is easier said than done. Maybe you can figure out a short workout to get in on the days you aren't feeling like working out. Or maybe get the kids involved and do a dance video or something that they may think is fun (and maybe tire them out too ;) ) Maybe you are a little tired from all the planting and working at the allotment. Gardening is a workout too.
    @lennoncpa Oh no! We are going to miss Sunny too! What a cutie. I can imagine how sad you are. Maybe you will get a little foster doggie soon. Are they doing that or is even the fostering shut down?
    @Mrsbell8well Looks like another yummy and healthy meal. I just love your dishes, bowls and cups. So pretty!
    @hope002 Thank you for all the tips It means a lot when it comes from someone who has been so successful. You and your husband look amazing! What a transformation!
    @JillyBT What a beautiful sunset! I hope people start taking this social distancing seriously as things are opening up or we are going to end up being in even longer. I am glad you and your husband stayed back. It is interesting that it takes only 3-4 days for your body to get into a circadian rhythm. Hopefully you will get back into a good sleep routine soon. :)
    @GingerPwr That looks yummy! What a great way to start the day! I am hope the disposal situation is fixed soon.
    @nstephenson01 That isn't too bad. Hopefully all is going well with you.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    n18btvuj5dmp.jpeg

A little something to make you all smile :)
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    This morning I got smart and broke my rice cake in half. Or at least I tried to. It didn't break evenly so I chose the big half lol. Just experimenting. I also cut my smoothie portion way down in size. Gave the other 1/2 to Molly.
    I was mentioning the book "Overcoming Overeating". One of the principals is that you eat what you really want to eat, but only when your hungry, and stopping when your full. So I have stocked my office drawer and fridge with some nice options. Crunchy, salty, smooth, sweet, nutty, soft, juicy, etc, etc. I also have a nice supply of herb teas. I found that I really love rice cakes with sunflower butter, organic unsweetened cranberries, raw pumpkin seeds and a tad bit of mini vegan chocolate chips. I brought salad and leftover pasta for lunch. Molly and I laughed at how much pasta was left last night. The recipe serves 4, but there was tons left. I will freeze some individual portions for future lunches too.

Thanks everyone for all the sweet supportive comments. I am hoping to find time to respond to more of you later today!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Options
    rvfoohhtiebr.jpeg
    hqguqux6u5f4.jpeg
    7jgtrbhip0gy.jpeg
  • nstephenson01
    Options
    @lennoncpa Oh no... we're all going to miss Sunny so much!! Hope you get a foster dog soon!
    @freeglerock I have to exercise in the morning (even back when I worked)... I like it to be done and out of the way. If I put it off, too many excuses come up and I won't do it.
    @mrsbell8well Your food looks delicious as usual!
    @jillyBT What a GORGEOUS sunset. Thanks for sharing!
    @Hope002 Fantastic transformation. Thanks for taking the time to explain your experience with IF. I really appreciate it.
    @sleepymom so wonderful that Jim continues to improve and you're able to get back into some sort of normalcy.
    @gingerpwr YUM!!
  • nstephenson01
    Options
    Welcome new and returning members!!

I’ve been completely MIA lately so will be brief with my intro and goals. I'm Nancy. I live on 45 acres in Montana with my husband and our 2 dogs… a pair of Brittany Spaniels named Gauge & Willow. I joined MFP January 2017 and F2F October 2017. Highest weight recorded on MFP was 220.5. Not sure about goal weight but currently aiming for 158 - 160. I'm 5'8". Lowest weight was 164 back in February but March and April were not good months for me. My husband works on long term construction projects that take him away from home for extended periods of time. He was just home for a couple of months last winter then left for a project in Pennsylvania at the end of January. Mid March I packed up preparing to drive out to spend 6 – 8 weeks with him in Pennsylvania when the virus hit. The project was shut down, everyone laid off and he’s been home with me ever since. :neutral:

Goals for May
    Weight: Lose 5 pounds… well now 5.8 since this week’s gain
    Food: This is my biggest problem area… I am a fast eater. I think it stems from way back having a busy career and 30 minute lunch breaks where I’d just grab and gobble what I could. I’m also a confirmed plate cleaner and hate throwing away food. I finish my plate before my stomach tells me I’m full. So I intend to practice portion control and eating mindfully... boring LOL. I’m going to continue tinkering with IF. 3 days of 14 hr fasts, 2 days of 16 hour fasts and 2 days of not fasting each week.
    Exercise: My usual… 10,000 steps/day as weather allows, walking/hiking with our dogs, JessicaSmithTV strength training videos and cardio on our Bowflex Max Trainer. I got back into yoga last year taking classes 2x/week but the studio is closed due to the pandemic and my yoga instructor was advised by her landlord that he would be renting the space to someone he could get more rent from so she's searching for a new location. No idea when/if she'll reopen. :(
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello Team and Happy Thursday. Last night was almost like a new Pandemic situation for me since the entire time we have been on lockdown I had my son staying with me and now its me by myself. Last night the house was so quiet! I did a little bit of emotional eating but I still stayed away from my really bad triggers. While my son was with me I got a bit worried about the amount of drinking that was going on - but it seems like right before he went home he got into a daily exercise routine and did away with the drinking - at least from what I noticed.

@Mrsbell8well I love your food pictures - my meals are so boring but it works for me because I need to keep it simple for portion control! I could never do pasta in moderation!! I absolutely love skinny pop - in fact I am on an automatic subscription system with Amazon sending me bags of skinny pop every month! My main beverage is San Pellegrino sparkling water and I discovered I could get that on an automatic subsciption system also - and the prices are much better than what I was paying at the big box stores! Plus it gets delivered right to my front porch! Last month when they delivered the Skinny Pop it was a really windy day and I noticed the Amazon Guy put the box on the side of my house rather than my front porch since it definitely would have blown away!! I thought that was really considerate of him.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx today is very boring at work without Sunny - he forced me to take play breaks so I need to figure out something I can do to fill in the time. Maybe a quick Youtube Zumba Dance once an hour or something creative!

@hope002 Those before and after photos are amazing! What a great transformation for both of you!

@GingerPwr Your breakfast looks so inviting. I am one of those people that doesn't eat breakfast, except maybe on the weekends if I go out with a friend or something like that (obviously not going on nowadays!). Its probably not smart - but my thinking is that I am not hungry in the morning and so why not save the calories for when I am hungry?

@sleepymom5 I actually got a call from the Dog Rescue a few weeks back to see if I wanted a dog to foster - but since I had Sunny at the time I turned her down. You never know how the personalities will work out. Plus I love to have one dog at a time so that I can spoil them rotten. I guarantee Sunny weighs more now than when he came to Michigan!!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 1
    Thursday
    Pw 189.8
    Cw 190
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @sleepymom5 i colored my hair magenta but i added a ton of pink to it, i figured i could play around with it since i was doing it myself. i probably should have added more pink, if i have to do it again next month i probably will. i looked like the troll doll when it was wet.

@hope002 you look great!

i maintained for 3 weeks then gained, hopefully it's because of tom. my work sent out an email last night saying we should be opening on june 1st. they need to have the kids, the teachers, approval from the state and the supplies. i think they will have some kids not so sure about how many teachers are going to want to come back right away. the money is nice being home but we do need to get the business back up and running but i also know that some of the staff doesn't trust my bosses to do the right thing. if a child gets sent home sick they are suppose to stay home for 24 hours and they always let them back in the next day so that worries a lot of staff. i am sure we will have a staff meeting before hand. on a positive note the pool guy called and should be here soon to put a pump in my pool to drain it all night. not sure where 30,000 gallons of pool water is going to go, the house next door used to be abandoned but people just moved in last week and thats where my water usually runs to, right into the end of their driveway. not sure they want my dirty pool water in their yard.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday and Wednesday
    Food IF on track 20:4 both days
    Water goodish
    Exercise : walked a lot, but didn't do my weights workout yesterday 😳😳😳. I will try to do it today
    Steps 17,798 and 14,431

If anyone needs help starting IF, let me know. I can guide you through in the beginning
This discussion has been closed.