May 15 Sign In

Options

Replies

• nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Looks like it is NSV day today! When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.
    Clothes fit perfectly.

Cutting more calories.
    Slow and steady wins the race.
    Yes, x3
    2 passes left.

@readyornot1234 again I’m glad I ran into your post (I did not get any notification, I checked). I keep in mind that change in weight and change in body composition are "not linear" since the body adapts so well! Your plan to adjust (based on your own results) sounds very good to me. “One size or technique does not fit all.” Since you are very close to your target, little adjustments should get you where you want and you will find your own sweet spot. It makes sense to me that you were eating fewer calories during your "easier days" compared to your hard-working days because you had a bigger deficit when you were working harder and you ate back some of your exercise calories for fuel. I find that if I have a huge deficit, it backfires, I am hungrier the next day. As far as the macros, calories are still very important, but when one is trying to "build a strong house", we have to focus on the materials we use to build the foundation (macros)? As far as moods, I adjust my carbs to keep me and my hormones happy :blush: and proteins to maintain satiety. Med infusions? I missed that. I do not know too much of what happened but the scale comes to mind here. The scale measures everything. If the lean weight keeps going down for no reason, make sure it is not from bone. I read that bones are part of the lean mass too? My two cents worth. 🤔

Have a successful day tomorrow all!
  • WMEJA
    WMEJA Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Daily post for May 13,14,15
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 3x
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes 3x
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes 3x
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    ia2d6pi5wcyc.jpg
    Happy Birthday SuziQ113. It sounds like this is the birthday of a new you! Healthy attitude and habits!
    Congratulations!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @Chinkiri and
    @alligatorob
    Thanks for sharing your success stories and don't you worry about that Michelin.
    Congratulations!!
    xpo0wczvnpwx.jpg
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    15th May
    A pretty good day.
    Exercise: Yes, managed an hour's walking
    Calories: Yes, stayed under
    Tracking: Yes, logged everything.
    I'm trying out a very low carb week, to see if I can move my scales. They were yo-yo-ing from 72 to 73 kilos, up and down, now just yo-yo-ing the range of the 72's. I'd like to see a 71 appearing.
    Lots of good news on the un-lockdown front.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @snowshoe072 I'm right there with you. I'm not slim but I'm okay with me. I'm fit for the life I enjoy.
    @stella7x7 Congratulations to you too! That change in strength is significant and you are getting stronger and healthier!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    @SuziQ113 happy belated birthday to you❣️🎂

I got yes x 3 today.

325 minutes between inventory and painting. I’m so over painting! 😵 Today and tomorrow? Trim work, and it’s soooo slow going and underwhelming. Dull white to bright white. Ooooooooh. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Under calories and logged everything.

NSV’s for me this weeks was that I had/have the stamina to work then come home and paint my @$$ off. 😁[/quote

Miss Julie,
    Make sure you take some time to relax and stretch, yoga maybe? The last time I painted my entire house I got frozen shoulder and 1/2 (left was slightly so). It took 2 years to rehabilitate. I just went full blast until I couldn't go anymore. The house got painted and looked great, but wasn't worth the cost of my health. Of course, you're probably a young whippersnapper who can handle burning the candle at both ends. :) Just a heads up...

My latest NSV is being able to fit into all of my "big" clothes. It doesn't sound like a victory, but a few months ago I was almost popping out of them. Now I can confidently pull them on out of the dryer. I'm looking forward to retiring them before I need to replace them. I'd already replaced them once from wearing them out. I've been working out with DVD's during quarantine and graduated to Level 3 this month- another victory!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes: 30-minute strength, 1-hour walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    A little late.....yes times three. 2 passes left.
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 your story is amazing and shows how well you persevere when faced with challenges. You’re doing big things and I’m sure you’ll only continue to more 🙂. Congrats too on shaving a minute off your 4K, that’s awesome!
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. NSV - way to go everyone! My pants are loose AND someone I hadn't seen in awhile told me.."you look great." I've lost 2 pounds in these 2 weeks, I'm back on track, thanks for this challenge Ranger Rick.
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes. It was a good day.