Leslie Sansone May 2020 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    @zichab - Friday was a bad day as I had a migraine headache that would not quit!!!! I may have needed sleep though because I woke up Saturday ready to go and cleaned my entire house and did all the laundry I could find, after we took our cat to the Emergency Animal Hospital!!!! Is there some reason pets cannot get sick when their vet is in the office??????? My cat just seems to love premium medical care! He's home and he is fine now, so back to Leslie today!!

Ugh, migraines! I feel for you. Glad you had a good nights sleep. And glad your cat is OK now. Yep, pets and little kids always have bad timing when it comes to getting sick... lol.
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Still on bed rest, but cheering you all on from here. Be healthy and safe.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    @bacpath - Hope your back is better soon. And you will be up and walking with us again.
  • anname9203
    anname9203 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have not even checked into May yet. Things have been crazy with work at home and trying to keep my 17 year old on track with his studies. Looks like you are all off to a great start. Well done! My goal is the same. Work out at least 6 days each week with three strength training workouts. There was only one week in April where I missed a workout day so will try to meet my goal this month. I've been managing to finally get strength training more consistent as well. Have a good rest of the week!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    May-Goal 3 miles/day or 93 miles/month + post everyday!

5/1-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=1.9 miles total
    5/2-Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=4.1 miles total
    5/3-Vivofit tracked 1.6 miles=5.7 miles total
    5/4-WAH-2 mile Hips & Thighs-2 miles=7.7 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=9.9 miles total
    5/5-WAH-30 minute Fast Walks-2 miles=11.9 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 2.1 miles=14.0 miles total
    5/6-WAH-2 Mile Power Walk-2 miles=16.0 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.2 miles=17. 2 miles total
    5/7-WAH-30 minute Boosted fitness Walk-2 miles=19.2 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 3.6 miles!=22.8 miles total
    5/8-Vivofit tracked 1.0 miles=23.8 miles total
    5/9-Vivofit tracked 3.3 miles=27.1 miles total
    5/10-WAH-iWalk Strong-3 miles=30.1 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.3 miles=31.4 miles total
    5/11-WAH 5K with a Twist-3.0 miles=34.4 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.5 miles=35.9 miles total
    5/12-Vivofit tracked 3.3 miles=39.2 miles total
    5/13-Just Walk-Walk Off Fat Fast-40 minute Super Burn-2.5 miles=41.7 miles total

@Deeder522 So far, Mott is doing OK, but the college is very concerned about fall as many of our programs cannot be moved online. No one wants a nurse, hair dresser, auto technician, HVAC technician etc with an online degree! :noway: In addition, all the science classes have labs and it is a little difficult to mix chemicals online. :laugh: There is also some conversation among students that they plan to ride out this next year at their community colleges rather than paying the larger tuition at their universities only to have them close again. This may be why Kendall is having issues and we are not ... yet! Higher education is really in flux right now and no one knows what the new normal will be.

AnnofB wrote: »
    @zichab - Thanks. I finally figured out that I don't have to do heavy weights and work to exhaustion. That has taken away the dread factor. :)

I am thinking that next month, I am going to move to doing Tone Every Zone twice a week as well. I like that both upper and lower body are only 20 minutes each and I can increase the weights as I go along. Maybe, that will keep me motivated. I love the way I look and feel when I strength train, but I so HATE it! :grumble:

Stay Safe Everyone as your states open up! :+1:

Walk Strong! :bigsmile:

• AnnofB
    Options
    Going for 3 strength workouts a week. Other days doing some form of aerobics, be it a walking workout or gardening.

5/1....29 minutes of 5 Mix and Match Miles
    5/2.....26 minutes of Strength & Stamina,
    5/3.....80 minutes of gardening
    5/4.....43 minutes of light weights, many reps, The Get Started Mile
    5/5.....49 minutes of Burn to the Beat, 32 minutes of yoga
    5/6.....48 minutes of 6 Mile Mix-workout using a band: upper body, lower body and abs
    5/7.....42 minutes of Walk Off Fat Fast
    5/8.....35 minutes of 3 Fast and Fun Miles
    5/9.....29 minutes of 5 Mix and Match Miles
    5/10....Rest day
    5/11....1 miracle mile, 23 minutes of upper, lower and full body using the miracle mile band
    5/12....43 minutes of Burn to the Beat
    5/13....22 minutes of Strength & Stamina, 1 mile of 5 Boosted Miles
  • lavender102013
    lavender102013 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    New to the group, but better late than never right?
    I am so happy I found this group as I've just found Leslie Sansone. I signed up for yourdailywalk.com and I am setting my goal as doing one video daily + another form of exercise (Pilates, Gardening, Treadmill ect.) I've been struggling with consistency and since I really enjoy her videos and they go by so quickly I'm hoping it is something I can stick to. I am a stay at home mom to 3 (6, 4 and 2) and hubs is RCMP and gone a lot so finding time to myself is a challenge. I've got lots of baby weight to lose and hoping this is the answer!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    @lavender102013 Welcome to the group, we're so glad you found us! I have baby weight to lose too. My baby is 24 and I didn't actually give birth to him. Weird how I still gained weight. ;)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    @lavender102013 - As Deeder said, Welcome. I bet you will have no problem sticking with Leslie's workouts. She has such a variety of workouts to chose from and they do work. :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Going for 3 strength workouts a week. Other days doing some form of aerobics, be it a walking workout or gardening.

5/1....29 minutes of 5 Mix and Match Miles
    5/2.....26 minutes of Strength & Stamina,
    5/3.....80 minutes of gardening
    5/4.....43 minutes of light weights, many reps, The Get Started Mile
    5/5.....49 minutes of Burn to the Beat, 32 minutes of yoga
    5/6.....48 minutes of 6 Mile Mix-workout using a band: upper body, lower body and abs
    5/7.....42 minutes of Walk Off Fat Fast
    5/8.....35 minutes of 3 Fast and Fun Miles
    5/9.....29 minutes of 5 Mix and Match Miles
    5/10....Rest day
    5/11....1 miracle mile, 23 minutes of upper, lower and full body using the miracle mile band
    5/12....43 minutes of Burn to the Beat
    5/13....22 minutes of Strength & Stamina, 1 mile of 5 Boosted Miles
    5/14....22 minutes of Yoga Strong
  • AnnofB
    edited May 2020
    Options
    zichab wrote: »

I am thinking that next month, I am going to move to doing Tone Every Zone twice a week as well. I like that both upper and lower body are only 20 minutes each and I can increase the weights as I go along. Maybe, that will keep me motivated. I love the way I look and feel when I strength train, but I so HATE it! :grumble:

I have some Pal's that really like it and don't care at all for aerobic stuff. There's something so wrong about that... 😉
  • bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Still mainly on bed rest, maybe gentle walking next week. You guys are doing great. I’m envious 😋
  • Deeder522
    Options
    bacpath wrote: »
    Hello all. Still mainly on bed rest, maybe gentle walking next week. You guys are doing great. I’m envious 😋

If you're interested Jessica Smith on Youtube should have some videos for you to start with. It's worth a look while resting. I know she even has a couple of chair exercise videos.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Holy moly, it's Friday????? Work picked up this week and the weather was wet, so I didn't get out to walk, and work kept me busy from inside walking. I'll get to it this weekend for sure...probably. 👩🏼‍💻😜🤔
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    May Goal: 125 miles + daily strength

May 1: 5 Miles + 15 min Jessica Smith strength lower body glutes & thighs (wow did this burn!)
    May 2: 6 Miles ~ 3 of 5 Really Big Miles + 2 Miles WATP + 20 min HASfit arms with dumbbells
    May 3: 5 Miles ~ 1 Mile Brisk Walk + 4 Mile Walk (no Leslie, just a walk) + 35 min HASfit legs, glutes & thighs

May 4: 4 Miles ~ 2 Miles Walk Away Hips & Thighs + 2 Miles WATP + 35 min HASfit arms & shoulders w/dumbbells
    May 5: 5 Miles ~ 3 Miles 5K With a Twist + 2 Miles + 15 min Jessica Smith strength lower body glutes & thighs
    May 6: 4 Miles ~ 3 Miles iWalk Strong + 1 Mile Walk Party + 20 min HASfit biceps w/dumbbells
    May 7: 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk + 15 min strength HASfit legs
    May 8: 5 Miles ~ 4 Mile Power Walk + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 30 min HASfit HIIT full body w/weights
    May 9: 5 Boosted Miles + 45 min HASfit HIIT Tabata full body w/weights
    May 10: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 45 min HASfit HIIT Tabata full body w/weights

May 11: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 3 Miles Walk & Firm + 35 min HASfit strength arms & shoulders w/dumbbells
    May 12: 5 Miles ~ 3 Miles 5K w/a Twist + 2 Boosted Miles + 15 min Jessica Smith strength lower body glutes & thighs
    May 13: 5 Miracle Miles + 20 min HASfit strength biceps w/dumbbells
    May 14: 5 Miles ~ 3 Miles iWalk Strong + 2 Miles WATP + 15 min HASfit legs w/weights
    May 15: 5 Boosted Miles + 45 min HASfit HIIT Tabata full body w/weights

74 of 125 miles
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    AnnofB wrote: »
    zichab wrote: »

I have some Pal's that really like it and don't care at all for aerobic stuff. There's something so wrong about that... 😉

My friends @AnnofB and @zichab, I guess I'm in the minority! I have learned to really like strength training since I committed to doing it daily. I used to hate it and sometimes I find it very challenging, but I would honestly rather do it than walk anymore. It takes less time and I actually feel stronger. I really love arm days the best and I can see muscle definition now which is new for me as I've always had skinny arms. HASfit has some really fun videos that they made for people who get bored and they move fast, so I enjoy those, but I also like the ones that are slow and controlled on days when I'm too hot or don't have as much energy.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    New here... started LS at the end of April when it got to hot to walk outside... very pleased with the program...i sweat like crazy..i usually do an hour to an hour and half most days... started my training sessions via zoom on friday.. good luck to all
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options

5/1-Vivofit tracked 1.9 miles=1.9 miles total
    5/2-Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=4.1 miles total
    5/3-Vivofit tracked 1.6 miles=5.7 miles total
    5/4-WAH-2 mile Hips & Thighs-2 miles=7.7 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 2.2 miles=9.9 miles total
    5/5-WAH-30 minute Fast Walks-2 miles=11.9 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 2.1 miles=14.0 miles total
    5/6-WAH-2 Mile Power Walk-2 miles=16.0 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.2 miles=17. 2 miles total
    5/7-WAH-30 minute Boosted fitness Walk-2 miles=19.2 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 3.6 miles!=22.8 miles total
    5/8-Vivofit tracked 1.0 miles=23.8 miles total
    5/9-Vivofit tracked 3.3 miles=27.1 miles total
    5/10-WAH-iWalk Strong-3 miles=30.1 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.3 miles=31.4 miles total
    5/11-WAH 5K with a Twist-3.0 miles=34.4 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.5 miles=35.9 miles total
    5/12-Vivofit tracked 3.3 miles=39.2 miles total
    5/13-Just Walk-Walk Off Fat Fast-40 minute Super Burn-2.5 miles=41.7 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked- 2.0 miles=43.7 miles total
    5/14-Vivofti tracked 3.9 miles=47.6 miles total
    5/15-WAH-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk-1 mile=48.6 miles total
    Vivofit tracked-.7 miles=50.3 miles total
    5/16-WAH-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk-3 miles!=53.3 miles total

Playing Barbies over Face Time with my granddaughter is cutting into my workouts! :laugh: Honestly, the one thing I have loved about this worldwide pandemic is that I can talk to and play with my children and grandchildren virtually everyday! My daughter-in-law is so grateful because I play with my 6 year old granddaughter while my daughter-in-law makes dinner and it saves her from having to use the TV or a device to keep her busy. I guess this is the silver lining right?

My friends @AnnofB and @zichab, I guess I'm in the minority! I have learned to really like strength training since I committed to doing it daily. I used to hate it and sometimes I find it very challenging, but I would honestly rather do it than walk anymore. It takes less time and I actually feel stronger. I really love arm days the best and I can see muscle definition now which is new for me as I've always had skinny arms. HASfit has some really fun videos that they made for people who get bored and they move fast, so I enjoy those, but I also like the ones that are slow and controlled on days when I'm too hot or don't have as much energy.

I cannot figure out why I hate them so much because everything you say here is true! The strength workouts are shorter and my clothes fit so much better, so I know I look smaller and I feel tons better. However, 6 reps of this and 8 reaps of that blah blah blah I get so bored and then my mind wanders off. I can do Leslie's because she throws in the walking about the time my mind wanders off, but HASfit does not work for me at all. I get through a couple of sets and then I am doing grocery lists, hoping the vet will call, etc in my head and I lose all focus and then just do not care about it. it is a dilemma! :ohwell:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:

• Deeder522
    Options
    Spent 30 minutes with my step and Jenny Ford today. I took the step outside onto the back porch to enjoy the fresh warmed air.

@zichab That does sound like a silver lining. I also agree with strength training. I'm good for maybe 3 reps before my ADD kicks in. Jessica Smith has some training videos on Youtube that I've had good luck getting through.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    @zichab I totally understand! It's why I don't do a lot of Pilates anymore, even though it's really good for your body. My mind wanders so much during Pilates that I know I wasn't performing everything correctly.

Have you tried any Tabata strength? They're so fast you don't have time to think. It's not about reps, it's 20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest, repeat. The rest part is over so fast and you're right back into it. As soon as you even think abut being bored, they switch to a different move and you're back to the work, work, work, rest, work, work, work. I especially like any workouts that include upbeat music!

There are lots of strength workouts for free on YouTube. Experiment and try different ones. Maybe you'll find just that right fit for you that keeps you motivated without losing your focus. Trial and error, friend! :smiley: