Advice needed. How to get back to it?

Options
crystalsan726
crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
So I was doing good with my weight loss and was almost to my goal when tragedy struck not once but twice and caused me to have some health complications. I have now surpassed my heaviest weight and have been try to get back to losing with no sucess. I know it is a mind thing and my mind is a lot better than it was. Has anyone ever fallen hard and struggled to get back to eating right? Any tips that you have that helped you? I am still trying to fight. I am just a little scared because I felt like I am so close to just giving up and throwing in the towel but I CAN NOT do that. Thank you for your help!

Replies

• crystalsan726
    Options
    hmikkola92 wrote: »
    I ate horribly for about 5 years and went from 150lbs, active and working at a factory, to sedentary Carbie. I gained 125 lbs over that time. Basically I have 2 choices, well anyone does. I can continue eating like I used to and have my own episode on "my 600lb life", or I can eat the healthy way and lose weight. I'm having issues because I haven't lost any weight in almost a month, but I'm not going to stop. Because I will get smaller eventually. That is honestly enough for me to stick with this!

Good point. Thanks for your input!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Self-hypnosis is also a consideration.

Seriously.
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I can relate. For me, I needed to do some therapy. Emotional eating can be a huge issue for people. Some people can just 'flip a switch' and make the change not to do it. Others, me included, need a bit more help.
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    I can relate. For me, I needed to do some therapy. Emotional eating can be a huge issue for people. Some people can just 'flip a switch' and make the change not to do it. Others, me included, need a bit more help.

Yes! I am the exact same way!
  • crystalsan726
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thank you all for your insight, advice and encouragement it means a lot. Sorry I can't reply to each one individually. I appreciate you all!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @crystalsan726 - Any updates for us?
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @crystalsan726 - Any updates for us?

Wow I haven't been on here in so long. 2016 was a rough year for me I had 2 miscarriages back to back 3 D&C surgeries back to back and it left my body and mind traumatized. Finally my body is almost completely healed, I finally got my mind right and with a ton of support I am happy to say that I have lost a little over 20 pounds. I am still a work in progress but compared to where I was this time last year I have come so far mentally and physically. I definitely wouldn't be where I am at now if it wasn't for God's help and the help of my family and the encouragement of you all and my sweet weight loss buddies on here! I am so thankful. I am definitely not the same person I was before physically or mentally but I am better than I was before. Thank your all for your kind words and encouragement it meant the world to me.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @crystalsan726 - I have only ever endured one miscarriage, and it was complete enough that I did not require surgery. I can only imagine the mental, emotional, and physical whammy that is on top of the upheaval and life change that is the miscarriage itself...

You have all my hugs, prayers, and positive thoughts. Personally, I think any loss in this arena (miscarriage, child loss, infertility, etc.) is a life long recovering process... I hope you continue on in the direction you've been healing. (HUGS)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Suffice to say I second all of the above. <3
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    We have 3 angels in heaven and 3 angels on earth and though it has been over 10 years since our miscarriages, that sadness never leaves you - just reading this brings tears to my eyes. The good news is that the experience makes us appreciate what we have even more.

Hugs to you and good luck in your emotional journey!
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @crystalsan726 - I have only ever endured one miscarriage, and it was complete enough that I did not require surgery. I can only imagine the mental, emotional, and physical whammy that is on top of the upheaval and life change that is the miscarriage itself...

You have all my hugs, prayers, and positive thoughts. Personally, I think any loss in this arena (miscarriage, child loss, infertility, etc.) is a life long recovering process... I hope you continue on in the direction you've been healing. (HUGS)

@KnitOrMiss Carly thanks for your sweet words. I am sorry about your loss too. Thanks for being there for me and encouraging me. There was one point where I thought I wasn't going to be able to get through it and if it wasn't for you and so many others encouraging me I probably would have just quit to trying physically. Thanks for being there for me my friend. I appreciate you so much!
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    Suffice to say I second all of the above. <3

Thank you so much!
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    We have 3 angels in heaven and 3 angels on earth and though it has been over 10 years since our miscarriages, that sadness never leaves you - just reading this brings tears to my eyes. The good news is that the experience makes us appreciate what we have even more.

Hugs to you and good luck in your emotional journey!

I am sorry about your sweet heavenly angels. Thanks for sharing with me. I have 2 beautiful girls, my earthly angels, who are 12 and 14. Yes it made me appreciate everything and not take anything for granted. It changed me as a person but for the better I believe. I can't wait until the day I can see my 2 beautiful heavenly angels. Their names were Sarah and Shauna. =) Thank you for your sweet words and thoughts. I appreciate it!
  • janstewart62
    janstewart62 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your Rainbow baby and your weight loss !