Advice needed. How to get back to it?

Options
2»

Replies

• crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your Rainbow baby and your weight loss !

Thank you so much!!
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Crystalsan726 -congratulations on all your growning-up babies and Sarah and Shauna - all the best for your weight loss too. This is a good place to come.
  • Beckett3000
    Beckett3000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I recently read Gretchin Rubin's book, The Four Tendencies. It describes four personality types divided into how you deal with internal and external expectations. I learned I'm a "rebel" who resists all expectations. If someone tells me I need to do X, I will do anything *except* X. Funny that it also applies to me telling myself I need to do X.
    I have to think of it as something I WANT to do, not something I NEED to do. I WANT to have more energy, I WANT to sleep better at night, etc.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I recently read Gretchin Rubin's book, The Four Tendencies. It describes four personality types divided into how you deal with internal and external expectations. I learned I'm a "rebel" who resists all expectations. If someone tells me I need to do X, I will do anything *except* X. Funny that it also applies to me telling myself I need to do X.
    I have to think of it as something I WANT to do, not something I NEED to do. I WANT to have more energy, I WANT to sleep better at night, etc.

I couldn't agree more with this!! It's really all about your mindset - getting to do something and wanting to do something are a lot more powerful and motivating than needing to do something or having to do something!
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Options

Fellow Rebel here. And the biggest person I rebel against is my own goals and expectations. It's kind of horrible really.