Monthly Post May 2020

Options

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 Maintenance is good. I hope you enjoy your time at the beach! I am jealous! This weekend is just more of the same. We walk a little, the menfolk ride their bikes, we grill for dinner. Not an exciting life, but I like it. :)

We are just hanging out. It is storm season, so it has been cloudy. I had a terrible migraine yesterday, so I missed out on the sun. Today I plan on laundry and doing the gardening I meant to do yesterday. Have a nice weekend, everyone!
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm here! New Orleans just opened up this morning. I'm finally getting a Mani pedi :) well, waiting to get it...
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    Weather is good here. Went for a walk yesterday and same planned for today. :)
    Sticking to my Keto WOE and feeling good.
    See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @cgcrutch Nice to hear from you! We are slowly opening up, here.

@Meghan509 Glad you had a nice weekend! The weather was fantastic and I got some gardening done. :)

I had a socially-distanced, front porch chat with a friend of mine. It was nice to talk to someone, other than my immediate family, live and in person.
    Today, I am getting stuff checked off my list and fasting. I am going to try to stay as low carb as I can. If I start to feel weird, I will have some noodles. It is supposed to be lovely weather all week, so the plan is to get outside and walk, walk, walk. I got on the scale yesterday and I am fat again. (Actually, morbidly obese, but whatever.) SO, back on the wagon for me. Have a great week! Happy fasting! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Monday all.

Hope everybody had a fabulous weekend. B)

We went for a walk yesterday and headed to Target afterwards to pick up a few things. Wal-Mart had a HUGE line to get in both Saturday and Sunday so Target saved the day! Also managed to find some hand sanitizer, which we are keeping in the car.

Looking forward to Wednesday when our state starts to re-open. Have a dental appointment scheduled later this week (had been scheduled for April but they were closed) and have a hair appointment scheduled for next week. Slowly but surely we will get back to some kind of a new normal.

A week from today is Memorial Day (US). That came up fast it seems! Anyone doing anything fun?

Goals for this week are to stick to my Keto WOE and get a few walks in since the weather should be nice. :) Hope everybody is doing well. See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    This group got quiet... :/

Hope everybody is good. See you soon.
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies :) I'm still kicking around. Happy birthday @Meghan509 happy to hear your job is safe. @KateNkognito hope your "wagon ride" is smooth ;) lol

Weight loss for me has been pretty slow now for the last few months, but my weight is still creeping down. When doing 18:6 or OMAD I seem to maintain even with less than ideal food choices occasionally. I will admit there's been a couple of bags of candies that I've consumed, and some ice cream here and there. Mostly I eat low carb and I'm happy with the balance of occasional indulgences and decent food choices that keeps me maintaining. As soon as I do an extended fast (typically 48 hours or more) my weight jumps down a pound or two so this really makes me feel in control of my weight. If I want to lose, I know I need to find a way to get a fast in, if I'm ok with maintaining then OMAD or 18:6 works wonders.

While I'm happy with my "maintenance progress" I'm ready to start making some serious progress on my last 15-20 pounds! So starting yesterday I began a fasting protocol called the "Clark Method" which is just a series of extended fasts. You fast for two days, eat for two, fast for three, eat for two, fast for four, eat for two, then finally fast for 5 days. I'm currently in the middle of my day two fast, and it's feeling really easy at the moment. I'm hoping the right mindset will have me sailing through the next 19 days with ease. I'm thinking 8 pounds is a realistic goal but hoping for closer to 10. 10 lbs will get me to 160lbs. Once I reach 160lbs I'm not sure exactly how much more I want to lose and I think losing slower again will be better as I navigate exactly where I want to be.

It seems a bit surreal to be close to my goal weight and to be thinking about navigating the last 5 or 10 pounds of weight loss, and maintenance soon. For my whole life, I've always wanted to be skinnier than I was. Fasting has changed my life and sometimes it's mind-blowing to think I actually have control of my weight.

Much love everyone, hope you're all keeping safe. :heart:
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

@A_Dabauer congrats on your progress! Good luck with your fast! Yes, I know what you mean about feeling in control of your weight and finding that you have really found something to get you to your goal.
    I am in the same boat. I feel that way about Keto and doing 18:6 during the work week. I do my version of fasting, as I drink coffee with half and half and monk fruit sweetener during my fasting window. I also drink a lot of water and herbal teas like Green Tea, etc. On the weekends I will enjoy a cocktail or two ;) and I will do more of a lazy keto where I don't track everything I eat, but I stay low carb.

Things are good here. My state opened today! You have no idea how excited that makes me. Definitely will be staying mindful and safe and working remotely for the time being but having even just a little more normalcy and freedom is good. Sigh...

Hope all is well with you guys. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Good morning, all! School is officially out for the summer. I am unemployed until my teaching contract starts in August, but I don't actually miss any paychecks or lose insurance, so it is all good. :) The weather is starting to look like summer, here. I am making plans to thoroughly clean the house and get everything organized before things get too crazy next school year.

@A_Dabauer Glad it is going well for you! Progress, even slow and steady, is a good thing. I can imagine it is a good kind of strange to be that close to your goal weight. Keep up the good work!

@Meghan509 I am glad that your state is opening up. It is a little strange to see so many people out and about. We are on the next phase of opening, which includes gyms and hairdressers. People are giddy with excitement.

To everyone else, we miss you! Have a great week and stay healthy!
  • A_Dabauer
    Options
    Exciting times @meghan509 now that things are opening back up. We're in the opening stages here in Alberta too, but my city isn't yet because we were still seeing cases of community transmission. The current plan is things will start opening on Monday. Here in Canada, most places are opening a lot slower than in the States, for better or worse, I'm not sure. LOL

@KateNkognito I understand the giddy bit, I'm actually getting an illegal haircut tonight :anguished: I have a friend that cuts hair on the side and when I booked with her originally, hairdressers were supposed to be open already...but then they moved the opening date for my city until next week...but we're keeping the appointment anyway. LOL One of the bad side effects of rapid weight loss is hair loss. My hair which is never super thick if falling out in handfuls, so I'm going to be cutting a lot of my length off so as it grows back it's not so out of sync with the rest of my hair.

My first two-day fast went really well. I did what's called a fat fast prior to starting. You basically eat as much bacon, eggs, avocado, steak as you can for 2-3 days. It really kills your appetite and cravings. I was really surprised at how effective it was. If anyone is struggling with carb cravings I totally would recommend trying it out.

Tomorrow I start my three-day fast, hopefully, things continue to be easy. I'm firmly in the 160s now which is exciting. This is the lowest weight I've been in about a decade, so it really feels like uncharted waters, as I reach weights I never expected to see again!

Much love, stay safe everyone! :heart:
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Busy day, here. My to do list is about 6 hours long! Just dropping in to say HI and then off I go.

@A_Dabauer Keep up the good work! I am so glad you have found what works for you!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Whew! I made it through my list yesterday! Today I am cleaning my room like a real grownup and plowing through a pile of paperwork. Fun times at my house. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Friday snuck up on me this week! At least it is a long weekend, here in the US. Our zoos are open, so I think we might take a trip there next week. It will be nice to get out of the house and go do some things. Happy weekend! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

Tried to pop in yesterday but the Community area was down. :(

In any case, helloooo and hope all are well.

I had my weekly weigh in this morning and I am down 1.2 lbs. :smiley:

Looking forward to a nice relaxing long weekend. Not much planned aside from some outdoor time, assuming it is warm enough.

Have a great day and a nice weekend. See you all soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy weekend to you all.
    <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss, @Meghan509!
    I am fasting hard core today. I haven't had anything to eat except a cup of broth in 18 hours. I decided I need a hard reset. I am going to have something protein-filled for dinner and then hold off as long as possible tomorrow. If it cools off this evening, I will go for a walk outside. Otherwise, I will do one inside.
    I hope everyone is doing well and is having a great weekend! Stay healthy!
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has come to a halt... I also gave up on any sort of healthy eating during my monthly curse, so I'm starting over yet again tomorrow. I think my body's set point is now over 200lb because it's so hard to lose the weight and SOOOO easy to gain it back! Didn't used to be like this :s I can gain 5 lb from a meal and take over a week of keto OMAD to lose it.. life's unfair
  • A_Dabauer
    Options
    Congratulations @Meghan509, nice loss posted this week! How far away are you from your goal weight now?

@KateNkognito sounds like a great plan hopefully your reset, helps you move things along.

@cgcrutch have you tried a longer fast than OMAD? A great way to add a few hours is to eat your OMAD meal at noon, then go to supper the next day, and repeat. This varies up your fasting lengths of time and helps shake up your body a little bit.

I'm on day 2 of my 3 day fast in my Clark Protocol series of fasts. I'm struggling some on this fast and had to resort to eating some fat to tide me through. Hopefully tomorrow is better. The scale has been moving rapidly though, down 4lbs from the start of the week. If this rate of loss continues I'll certainly hit my 10 lbs lost over the 20 days of the protocol. ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰

Stay well everyone!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @cgcrutch It is very frustrating when you get stuck. You can either keep pushing on or decide that you are happy where you are. I hope you find a middle ground that works for you. *hug*

@A_Dabauer Congratulations on your progress!! That is fabulous!

I went 41 hours with only a cup of broth for lunch and then a couple of scrambled eggs (with bacon and cheese). I also did a pretty intense indoor walk for a mile yesterday and then walked the dog a mile this morning. I was a little woozy when I got home, but it passed. This is the first time I have ever made it that long with so few carbs (5). Usually, I get light headed and nauseous and have to have some crackers, or something. I am thinking that the broth is what made the difference. It might be the sodium is what made the difference. Whatever it was, I was down over a pound for the week. I am now busting with motivation! I am going to ride this wave as far as it goes! Have a great rest of the weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Yesterday was a nice day, I was going to fast, but then I felt a little off, so I ended up deciding to not. It ended up being a low calorie day. Today I am going to walk and eat normally. Tomorrow I might try another fast like I did on Saturday. If not, I will do a regular fast.
    I hope everyone is off to a good start for the week! Have a good one! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody! Happy Tuesday!

Had a very quiet but nice Memorial Day holiday yesterday. Hope all is well with you.

Been sticking to my Keto WOE and my 1200 calories per day with my low carb Keto macro percentages.

@KateNkognito congrats on the fasts! Yes, I like the idea of broth - make sure it is the kind that is regular sodium and not low sodium. I would suggest sipping some broth or drinking some water with some pink or Himalayan salt sprinkled in it for electrolytes in case you feel a little woozy. Be sure to drink lots of water too.

@cgcrutch hang in there! My advice is to keep mixing it up and keep your body guessing. Do a day of OMAD, then a day of 16:8 IF, varying calories as well. Maybe do a 1200 one day, 1400 the next etc. I think they also refer to this as calorie cycling so that your body doesn't get comfortable or used to it.

@A_Dabauer I am loving your fasts! Sounds awesome! I would like to try a fast some time, but for now it is just easier on my lifestyle to stick with 18:6 Monday through Friday. On the weekends we do more of a 16:8. My boyfriend and I are on this path together so we eat a lot of the same stuff each day (plus more for him since he is a man and bigger) but for ease we stick with the same eating schedule for now.
    I have approximately 21 lbs to go until goal.
    Here are my stats: 48 year old female | 5'4" | HW (Feb. 2012) 240 | SW (Aug. 2019) 210 | CW 161.4 | GW 140

Have a good day all. See you soon!