WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options
Cafelelia
Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
wdo5s620k649.jpeg
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers!

Here is your Team chat room for June 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:
Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
Downsizers - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leader board.

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome WaistAways, both returning and new. This will be our home for June, where all of our triumphs and challenges take place. Please introduce yourselves and set some goals for the month. We have some new members so everyone should be sure to put in a good intro so we all know each other at least a bit!

I am Liselyn, co-captain along with @micki48. I live in rural Québec, about 85 miles east of Montreal, and I'm a retired university professor of music. I haven't retired from being a musician, but these days the performance opportunities are zero! I still have a few projects in the fire... My weight loss story? After being somewhat overweight for most of my life, I really packed on quite a lot while in an admin job at the university that involved a lot of sitting, meetings, travel, and meals. I tried many times to lose, but it was not until I was 58 that I got really serious with both food and exercise, and lost 40 pounds. I have been in a good zone for 8 years now, always refining and figuring out the things that work best, and making sure I don't have to do it all over again. Yes, it is possible to lose weight and get in shape during and after menopause!

I know there are people on this team who have a lot to lose, others who have lost a lot and are closing in on their goals, and others who are working on losses that are stubbornly resisting. There is a lot of wisdom here, and I think the most important lesson we learn from each other time and time again is that it is not a straight shot, there will be trials and errors, but sticking with it when it feels like you have fallen off yet again is the best thing you can do for yourself. Plateaus can be good, but going back the way you came is not!

Some helpful information/tools:
    Posting your daily updates
    We know from experience that posting daily (or as often as you can!) makes a big difference to your success. Use any format you like to let everyone know how you are doing on your daily goals and habits. You can report on food, exercise, water, sleep, or whatever you are tracking and trying to stick with. While you're there, talk about how you are, ask questions, and if you can answer someone else, please do! Congratulate others, commiserate, enjoy someone's rant, or go ahead and rant yourself. It all helps make the kind of community where we are in each others' heads when the hand is reaching for that off-plan snack, or the couch is feeling way too inviting...

Weighing in
    Please try to weigh in on time! First thing in the morning is a great time, on the day you have chosen. Put your weigh in at the TOP of a message, so it is clear and easy to find. To make your week's progress clear, put your PW (previous weight) from the week before if you remember it, and then your CW current weight. If you cannot post your weight for whatever reason, please request a week off, or if you need a longer break, you can request to move to the "Support Team" where you can still participate but your weigh-ins will not be part of the weekly tally. This is where members who are ill, on vacation, or just needing a break can hang out for as long as needed. If you are getting close to goal, you will soon be on the Goal Zone Team! Maintenance takes work, and this is where it happens. You will get good at staying where you have worked so hard to get.

Step and Exercise Team
    @micki48 will tell you more about this! Anyone can join the team to track daily steps, or minutes of intentional exercise. The exercise minutes will be "translated" to steps so we can all compare on the same unit. Post here if you want to take part!

Habit Tracker
    F2F has its own monthly habit tracker. Go to the F2F home page https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
    and down to the Announcements section. The link to the June Habit Tracker will be there. On the spreadsheet, find WaistAways on the bottom, click that tab, add your name and the habits you want to track daily. Then let the green check marks grow!

Other useful tools
    The F2F home page also has links to our full group challenges, fitness tracker connections, and general guidelines (all under Announcements).

You can access the spreadsheets with everyone's weekly weigh-in, green week tracking (# of weeks your weight was "in the green" - a loss of any size), names and locations. Again, go to the tabs at the bottom, find WaistAways, and in there all the information is there. The names and locations of those who have shared that information are to the extreme right, after the green week tracking. Feel free to check and make sure no mistakes have been made in your weigh-ins! You cannot edit, but if you see a problem, just let me know.
  • eponymoose
    eponymoose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, this is my first time joining in one of these challenges.

I live in Scotland and have three children. The youngest is just 8 months old and the eldest nearly 12. I'm currently on maternity leave and, between that and lockdown, have much more to lose than I'd like!

We live extremely rurally, my front door opens onto a beach and it's been hard to exercise properly over the past 10 weeks due to home schooling and chasing a very active crawler, but I am determined to get back out running and meet my daily step target. I am definitely keen to join the step challenge.

I'd like to lose 10lb in June and a longer term goal is to be the same weight when I go back to work in August as I was when I went on maternity leave (not including the baby!) so that would be 28lbs in total between now and then. I'm still feeding my baby and I'm not sure the impact, if any, this will have on weight loss but it's more than time to get started and take back control.

Good luck everyone!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    Steps
    Mon 6,357
    Tues 8307
    Wed 8087
    Thurs 5472
    Fri 7,350
    Sat 7,343

Not my best week. It's so hot now, I don't want to go for walks. I either need to leave earlier (it's 70 at 7am) or get on my elliptical
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    gciu2dvvlka1.jpg
    tvze99ouriks.png
    kerb36ef00sr.png
    h54tc78sh5yo.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 1.28%
    2nd Downsizers 1.13%
    3rd WaistAways 1.06%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 62.3 lbs
    2nd Downsizers 57.4 lbs
    3rd WaistAways 49.1 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @WishfulThinning18 5.87%
    2nd @samuel860 5.65%
    3rd @metonymicalinsanity 5.30%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @metonymicalinsanity 16.8 lbs
    2nd @WishfulThinning18 16.2 lbs
    3rd @samuel860 12.2 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Angemarie28
    @kyfrancik
    @jmbrown11
    @eggfreak
    @missGYST
    @mrsjhardin
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Freeglerock
    @unevano

uvllnq65v5nr.png

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Sunday update:
    PW - 179.1
    CW - 179

The loss is minute, but I'm starting June in the green, so I'll take it!

Last week was not as good as I wanted it to be. I only worked out 3 times (instead of 6) and only went on 2 walks. In fact, there's much that could have been improved.

SO HERE'S WHERE I DRAW THE LINE: ___________________________________________________________________________

For the 1st week in June, I want to get much closer to my interim goal of getting into the 160s. I can do this by keeping up with my workouts - this week it's HIIT and Leslie Sansome walking workouts on alternate days (for 6 days), walking for 5 days, watching my water intake (aiming for 60oz a day) and getting the right amount of sleep (at least 7 hours a night).

I know that I can do it!

Welcome all newcomer to this terrific team! My name is Yinka, I live in Bewdley, a delightful Georgian town in Worcestershire. I am married with a grown up son who lives in Virginia USA with his gorgeous wife. And we have a little dog, Edie, who is my regular walking companion. I am an online English Language teacher so I work from home. I look forward to learning more about you all in the coming weeks!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 207
    Current weight: 203

Wow! I felt that I was going to have a loss, but didn't expect 4lbs! I had things to tell you guys, but don't have a lot of time right now, just wanted to weigh in now and I'll be back later to chat! 😋🥰
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    3g2tph676qzn.png
  • jugar
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - you posted on WaistAways! I'll copy your post over to WeightNoMore :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    hello everyone.. im Steffy from India... im just beginning my 1st attempt to intermittent fasting and hoping to lose atleast 20lbs by the end of july.... plz help me out...

Would appreciate, if anyone out here could really help me out with tips to intermittent fasting and the diet....

Hi Steffy! I am not a person who is able to do intermittent fasting, but I know there are some people who have used it. It isn't for everyone (I tried. It was not good!) but many find it helpful. But I agree with @Terytha that 20 pounds in 2 months is a lot. If you were starting at a much higher weight with more to lose, it might work at first, but you aren't in that situation. There are a lot of good resources about intermittent fasting, though. Start with a reasonable "window" of eating (14 hours fast, 10 hours eating) and build up from there if it works for you. Good luck!

If there are not enough people on this team who are into IF, it would be possible to move you to one of the other teams where there are more IFers. I know they're out there, so we'll see who responds!
  • jugar
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Sunday update:
    PW - 179.1
    CW - 179

The loss is minute, but I'm starting June in the green, so I'll take it!

Last week was not as good as I wanted it to be. I only worked out 3 times (instead of 6) and only went on 2 walks. In fact, there's much that could have been improved.

SO HERE'S WHERE I DRAW THE LINE: ___________________________________________________________________________

For the 1st week in June, I want to get much closer to my interim goal of getting into the 160s. I can do this by keeping up with my workouts - this week it's HIIT and Leslie Sansome walking workouts on alternate days (for 6 days), walking for 5 days, watching my water intake (aiming for 60oz a day) and getting the right amount of sleep (at least 7 hours a night).

I know that I can do it!

Welcome all newcomer to this terrific team! My name is Yinka, I live in Bewdley, a delightful Georgian town in Worcestershire. I am married with a grown up son who lives in Virginia USA with his gorgeous wife. And we have a little dog, Edie, who is my regular walking companion. I am an online English Language teacher so I work from home. I look forward to learning more about you all in the coming weeks!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone!

I love your line. And your minute loss - green is green!
    I'm also glad you posted! I was waiting for your exercise minutes all week, and did not see them :'( So you'll let us know what those awesome HIIT minutes are and they'll send your STEP/EXERCISE numbers through the roof!!

Sleep well tonight.
  • jugar
    Options
    OK Folks! Last week and last month reports are done, and we're blasting into June. Congrats to our wonderful losers!

My Job One is to be a pest, so I'll get right on that. :smiley:

SUNDAY weigh-ins:
    @deniners2
    @graceojo999
    @jguldi11
    @alexsandramorff

MONDAY weigh-ins:
    @reflectionofme
    @unevano
    @MoStacy
    @ells_runs
    @eponymoose

Post them and hopefully watch the green numbers grow! For our new people, if you look at the spreadsheets where all the weights are recorded, a loss for the week, no matter how tiny, is displayed in green. A gain in red. and no change is plain old black. We aim for as many green numbers as possible every week! We also track how many weeks in a row you keep it green. Have a look if you want at
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14qEuoG-EuhkwEp-nmY8cet75PVwYWwmmUIl-5Z_22xg/edit?usp=sharing

scroll down to the bottom and open the tab marked WaistAways. You'll be there!
  • jugar
    Options
    One more thing!
    WEEK 1 Challenge is UP! It's an easy and practical one - give it a try!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798612/two-magic-numbers-challenge-week-1-june#latest
This discussion has been closed.