WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,135 Member
    Options
    Thought of a new idea to motivate myself...
    Im planning to make a collage of 30 days daily pics.....with the title SWEAT IS SEXY...atleast to click out this silly pic of myself drenched in sweat and post it in my friends group..... ill workout..😅😅😅
    This is a great idea! I had a sweaty t-shirt photo challenge with some friends for a few months - we just snapped our shirts not ourselves - and it was a blast. On a day that someone did not get sweaty, the rest of us got to be really snarky and tease the heck out of them. Earn those showers, people!!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    So 2 weeks ago, I decided to change my eating since I was always going over calories.. I decided to eat breakfast a little later and have dinner a little earlier and skip lunch all together...

PS my thighs still hurt from the squats with the resistance band on monday... might have to scratch that strength workout this evening... guess I should start doing squats a little more often.. yeesh...
    Happy Wednesday!
    It works pretty well for me, too, changing timing of food. One way I've added more squats to my day is by using the "tiny" habit method. "After I pee, I will (after washing hands) do 4 wall push-ups and 4 squats by way of "accepting" all of the winning applause I'll acknowledge for having done the push-ups".
    Since I absolutely abhor squats, this has been one way to add them to my multiple times/day bathroom routine and also put a smile on my face.
    Let me know how it goes if you decide to try it.
    :smiley:

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, Friends!

Here are my Tuesday numbers:

Steps: 3782 / Heather Robertson 12 week program (Week 1/Day 2)
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Ooohh - and a 10 minute leg workout (Lucy) - almost forgot!
  • EvMakesChanges
    Options
    CW 182.2
    off for a walk - more soon!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    PW:178.2
    CW: 178.6
    sheeze - Well getting back on track. DH had knee replacement and I seem to gain weight with him. He gained over 12lbs but day 5 post surgery he has lost 7.2 lbs. It is slowly creeping off for me. I seem to just be in maintence mode this entire year so far. But as a friend always told me "Up until now"
  • EvMakesChanges
    Options
    Steps today: 10,000
    Throat is better; energy a bit sluggish but otherwise, things are going well...even went to the pond for a brief “dip”. Maybe I’ll make it all the way in tomorrow!
    G’night. Party tomorrow with all y’all! 😘
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    @evelynladams527 I’ve hung on to one tiny habit too. Like you, after using the bathroom I jog in place for, at least, 100 steps. It’s funny how it’s a habit now. I do it even if I’ve forgotten to put on my Fitbit.

Hit my step goal today. Also did a 16 minute Pilates workout for hips and legs. I was over a little bit with my calories (yes cheesecake) but I logged everything.

Tomorrow another day with my granddaughter. Her mommy needs a break. 🤣 She’s really a good girl. Cracks me up and now tells me stories.

Celebration tomorrow. Man, that came fast. I will be thinking of how I will celebrate.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Oh, I meant to mention, I am feeling very frustrated with how wonky MFP has been lately. It takes forever to load. Won’t open. Crashes constantly. I thought it was because I hadn’t updated. But then, I did and it’s still just as bad. I give up a lot because it takes so long to load.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,135 Member
    Options
    @YinxFed - How long are your Heather Robertson workouts? I need the # of minutes to make the "translation" to # of steps. And how high are these workouts on the sweat scale? Are they aerobic, strength, HIIT, circuits? Any description will help. Thanks!

Great job on those weigh-ins - I didn't even have to nag! Only one missing - @MoStacy ? You still there?
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Coming closer to the end of a Kitchen remodeling. Im happy that its closer to being completed and looking forward to being back to normal. Its been really hard with food choices, hating eating out and not having my regular go to foods easy available.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Oh, I meant to mention, I am feeling very frustrated with how wonky MFP has been lately. It takes forever to load. Won’t open. Crashes constantly. I thought it was because I hadn’t updated. But then, I did and it’s still just as bad. I give up a lot because it takes so long to load.

I'm having the same problem, some days its fine but other days can't load a page.
This discussion has been closed.