WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: Β»
    Today is our 9th wedding anniversary. :blush:

We went to the zoo. I'm so glad it was open. Definitely got my 10,000 steps in!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! What a wonderful way to spend the day. πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸ₯‚
  • micki48
    Options
    PW: 217.2
    CW: 218.2

I worked super hard this week but apparently no one told my scale.

Stupid scales! Congratulations πŸŽ‰ you worked really hard and you KNOW it. The scale is not our only measure of progress. Not even close. Try not to be disheartened. You know you’ve got this. We believe in you. Hugs!!!πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ€—
  • micki48
    Options
    @steph1498 Can you give your email again or user name so I can find and friend you in Fitbit. Or my user name is Micki48 just like here. I don’t know why user names and screen names are different on Fitbit. Trying to invite you to join us.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday, Folks,

Here are my Wednesday numbers:
    Steps - 4257, 20 minute HIIT & 10 minute Arms cardio.

Hope everyone's doing well and feeling good.

Yx

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options
    @Terytha - happy anniversary!

:heart:
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Busy day with meetings and a doctor's appointment for my son. Came home and put away groceries. Got my walk in which felt great. My husband went into work and is now super stressed and I still don't know why. He is out mowing to release some energy. I guess I will find out later but @KellyBgetsfit I can totally relate. It's a crazy time for education. I couldn't imagine having to switch grade levels, move rooms, be prepared for anything...yikes.

@jugar That sounds like quite the doctors appointment! I had to have something similar done on my arm a few years ago. My husband got to hold me down, I was cursing like a sailor and my husband and the doctor were giggling like school boys the whole time. Hope you start feeling better.

@Terytha Happy anniversary and what a fun way to spend the day. Animals and fitness! Did you get a new stuffed animal for your collection? Gotta love the gift shops.

@gidgitgoescrazy The insurance extras sound pretty awesome. Nice work trying to get some extra benefits too.

@micki48 Nice job on the workouts and logging. Way to get back on track.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: Β»
    Whew! Made it through today.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning about my dreaded still-swollen and rather annoying hematoma. I thought it would be just a cursory exam and then the paperwork to get a scan, etc. if needed. It turned out to be their fun case of the day! I had every doctor and his pal in the office oooohing and ahhhhing over my impressively gigantic THING, and they decided to look at it with the ultrasound, and then to try to see if they could drain off anything. No anaesthetic. Just let's get in there with a needle and see what happens. Well, it turns out they could not drain off much because it is all coagulated blood and serum, but after opening it up a bit more, they did manage to get some of it squeezed out of there. It wasn't much fun, but less painful than the needle! They weren't happy and had hoped to remove more, but heck - anything they could try was OK with me. So now I am rather sore and cannot exercise, take a bath or shower, or have any fun for 48 hours. In another month they'll try this fun circus again. No clear prognosis - but it was sure the show of the day. Driving home was NOT fun, but DH did the grocery pick up and we can just hang out here with me in the lovely mermaid sitting position for a while. Sheesh.

Sounds awful. I've never thought mermaids look very comfortable...hope you can get out of that position SOON!
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar Oh Liselyn you poor woman. That sounds just awful. I hope ultimately all their fussing with you has you feeling some relief. Take care and I have visions of you singing like Ariel, the Little Mermaid πŸ§œπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ. Hugs πŸ€—πŸ’•
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: Β»
    @jugar Oh Liselyn you poor woman. That sounds just awful. I hope ultimately all their fussing with you has you feeling some relief. Take care and I have visions of you singing like Ariel, the Little Mermaid πŸ§œπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ. Hugs πŸ€—πŸ’•

Oh, you're funny! I actually envision @jugar as a very slender Ursula complete with an electrified Trident, warding off the mean MDs trying to prod her fess!
    But, I digress.
    Steps today: 7,200

Sarah and I had a good walk this morning before it became muggy and gross. We "went" to a zoom hypnosis session with my hypnotist. It was a really nice way to settle in after our sweaty walk and the rest of the day floated along quite nicely.

I'm having a bit of a sneezing fit ("thanks Grampy!!") so, I'll sign off now.
    Have a good rest. See you on the flip!

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    PW 349.6
    CW 347.4 πŸ˜ƒ

@jugar I'm sorry you're still dealing with that hematoma. I hope you get better soon.

@conleywoods I hope whatever stressed your husband out at work has passed now.
  • micki48
    Options
    Oh, you're funny! I actually envision @jugar as a very slender Ursula complete with an electrified Trident, warding off the mean MDs trying to prod her fess!
    But, I digress.

@evelynladams527 Oh THAT is really funny. Especially the trident poking.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Friends!

@jugar - I feel for you! Hope you don't feel too uncomfortable for too long. Puts me in mind of the time I fell through our loft floor, through the ceiling of our top landing, leaving a Yinka's-bottom-sized hole in our ceiling. Oh how we laughed! - by we I mean my husband and son. I had a bruise the size of Wales on my rear end. Other than my nether regions, not much damaged but my pride. And it was gone in a couple of weeks. But truly - I hope you recover really quickly. NO fun not being able to wash/shower or exercise. Hang in there!

Happy anniversary, @Terytha !

Thursday numbers:
    6501 steps / 30 minute Leslie Sansome walk and 10 minute arms workout.

So glad it's Friday - seems to have been a tough week. Definitely having a cocktail tonight!

• CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just spent some time catching up on all your posts. I got off track here on the weekend. I seemed to be having a lot of problems getting into the website. But I did manage to keep logging and walking.

Has anybody else had their daily allowed calories on a mobile device differ from their computer? I tried using my phone and it gives me 80 more calories/day. Any food or exercise I enter seems to sync okay between them but the starting number continues to be different. Weird!
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: Β»
    Today is our 9th wedding anniversary. :blush:

We went to the zoo. I'm so glad it was open. Definitely got my 10,000 steps in!

9th anniversary...... u look so young and small... like seriously 9th anniversary...wow
This discussion has been closed.