WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    CW: 180.4

Man, I have been hovering above the 70's for a month now.

What do u eat daily?
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My steps for last week
    vze7ec321xyf.jpg
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options

and you just lost 1.2 pounds to get even closer. This is your week. On June 18th when we have our silly party for no reason, you will be among the Queens!!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options
    LAST CALL! Two more weigh-ins to go:
    @matthewsfive
    @RaisedToRamble

Then we'll have another week wrapped up! Where does the time go?
    0af7wknbl4jm.png
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

What do u eat daily?

Lots of stuff. Mostly chicken for dinner and usually yogurt or eggs for breakfast. I eat very few veggies and fruit because I can't tolerate fiber well. :(

I've been trying and mostly managing 1400 calories per day, though I've definitely been up around 1600-1700 while I've been on vacation. I can't bring myself to be too strict while I'm supposed to be relaxing.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    So, a storm hit and now we're trapped.

9lk8u8moohbj.jpg

This is half melted. It was bigger when it fell. My poor car. :(

zpg4grd3ktka.jpg

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Oh no! How awful. Is this at your home or where you are vacationing? Hail can be crazy. We had a bad one last year and it stripped all the leaves off my plants and dents all over the car. Lots of our neighbors had their roofs replaced.

Hope that water goes down quickly.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Steps today (Saturday): 7,100
    The Black Lives Matter protest in Randolph, VT went well today. I was actually chilly because it was overcast, 53 degrees (felt like 43), and I only had a t-shirt on (& capris, socks, sneakers, and sun hat). Brrrr! It didn’t help that I got a migraine an hour before we went to it. Sheesh. I’m glad the rally wasn’t violent. There were many good speakers and most of the steps I logged on my Fitbit happened walking to and from the site.
    Time to sleep. More tomorrow!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Made it to the 160's woohooo...
    Way to go!
  • Stefbomb2020
    Options

What do u eat daily?

Lots of stuff. Mostly chicken for dinner and usually yogurt or eggs for breakfast. I eat very few veggies and fruit because I can't tolerate fiber well. :(

I've been trying and mostly managing 1400 calories per day, though I've definitely been up around 1600-1700 while I've been on vacation. I can't bring myself to be too strict while I'm supposed to be relaxing.

Wish i could ever be strict... atleast for 10 days.... anyways u could try this cumin water... i followed it for a month and trust me....there was a drastic difference...

I soaked a tablespoon of cumin in the night in a glass of water
    Boil the same mixture for 3 minutes in the morning..strain out the cumin...

shd be warm
    Mix a little cinnamon powder
    Juice of half a lime
    And a tsp of honey....

Consume it empty stomach and warm in the morning

I almost dropped 2 sizes in a month...especially for belly fat.....
    TRY IT OUT... IT DEFINITELY WORKS
  • Stefbomb2020
    Options
    Good news.... im working out from tomorrow with all the more dedication....my fiancee bought me a cross trainer and cycle combo..my God ... its such a motivation...the best that has happened to me in 20204dpsebqi6oey.jpg
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    @Stefbomb2020 - what a great gift from your fiance!

@Terytha - I really hope that water subsides soon!

@evelynladams527 - I also attended a peaceful protest last weekend (in my cute little Georgian town in Worcestershshire - so proud of the local young people who set it up!) Everyone observed social distancing and there was such a great atmosphere.

PW - 178.4
    CW - 179.7

Yesterday's steps - 6547 & 20 minutes of Leslie Sansome's Walking workout with a 10 minute arm workout.

Tomorrow I begin a 12 week workout program (Heather Robertson on YouTube) consisting of 5 workouts a week. So this morning, as well as recording my weight, I took measurements of my upper arm, bust, waist, hips and thigh. I also took frank (never to be shared - even with the husband!) photos of myself in underwear and dressed. I will compare these at the end of the 12 weeks.

My disappointing stats also point out a glaring need for more steps so from tomorrow regular walks will be re-introduced, and I will need to take a stricter approach to my diet.

Happy Sunday, All!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @conleywoods have you ever tried a "healthy " brownie? Like black beans or avocado?

That doesn't sound exciting to me, but I bake with egg whites and applesauce instead of full eggs & oil and things always turn out nicely. Thank goodness, I don't bake often!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 875 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    We had our first post-Covid non-home food yesterday! Thai! My husband had massaman curry and I had tom kai gai. It was so yummy. It was nice to be out at a restaurant. 😊

We saw our children & grandchildren for a bit. We ended the night at church for the first time since February or early March. It was a good day!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Wowzers that is crazy. Hope your home is okay and your cat isn't traumatized. 2020 has been a bit of a let down for sure!

My husband and I got a date night tonight. It was a rainy day so most of it was spent inside watching movies and enjoying some homemade food. We went for a walk when the rain stopped and when we were as far from our house as we get it dumped on us. We made it back and warmed up in the hot tub.

My scale keeps creeping up and it is very annoying. Time to look at things carefully and make a few changes. Exercise is on track so it will need to be food.

@conleywoods I am right there with you. I need to look at things carefully to get this weight moving down. For the first time since I started this my weigh trend is up rather than flat or down. My exercise is pretty good, so my focus needs to be food as well.
    But exercise needs to stay active. And I LOVE your date nights with your hubby. I’d say relationship goals, but I’ve been married going on 37 years this July. We should have been more deliberate like that when our kids were little.
    YinxFed wrote: »
    @Stefbomb2020 - what a great gift from your fiance!

@Terytha - I really hope that water subsides soon!

@evelynladams527 - I also attended a peaceful protest last weekend (in my cute little Georgian town in Worcestershshire - so proud of the local young people who set it up!) Everyone observed social distancing and there was such a great atmosphere.

Yesterday's steps - 6547 & 20 minutes of Leslie Sansome's Walking workout with a 10 minute arm workout.

Tomorrow I begin a 12 week workout program (Heather Robertson on YouTube) consisting of 5 workouts a week. So this morning, as well as recording my weight, I took measurements of my upper arm, bust, waist, hips and thigh. I also took frank (never to be shared - even with the husband!) photos of myself in underwear and dressed. I will compare these at the end of the 12 weeks.

My disappointing stats also point out a glaring need for more steps so from tomorrow regular walks will be re-introduced, and I will need to take a stricter approach to my diet.

Happy Sunday, All!

@YinxFed It seems like there are a bunch of us that are at that same point to re-examine our journey and make improvements. I know I am and Kristi too. So hopefully we can all motivate each other.

We also went to a march this week. Here in N.C., we are still in Covid19-land and our numbers continue to rise, so there was a mourning drive where we decorated our cars and drove through town. There were probably over 200 cars. It was a great turnout.

@Gidgitgoescrazy Congratulations for reaching the 160s!!!🎉👏🏼🎉👏🏼

@Stefbomb2020 What a great gift! Have fun with it!

Also, question—You are soaking cumin seeds, correct? Not a tablespoon of cumin powder. And what did you eat the rest of the day? Just normal.

Have a great day everyone!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy all the teams are over 50% this week!! Keep up the good work everyone! :star:B):star:

0s1ru26wfr6i.png
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    fsbpv5hzky9x.gif
    w53saie7icxj.png
    oq5h25fbmbqm.png
    nhlas5xwjpdi.png

WEEK 2

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Waistaways 0.38%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibes 0.31%
    3rd Trimstones 0.30%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Waistaways 19.4 lbs
    2nd Trimstones 14.9 lbs
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 14.7 lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @piqueaboo 3.93%
    2nd @apple852hk 2.52%
    3rd @missGYST 2.18%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @piqueboo 7.8 lbs
    2nd @WishfulThinning18 5.2 lbs
    3rd @missGYST 4.8 lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @iamworthy14
    @Be_theBest_Me
    @achagpar
    @Cornanda
    @ltopinka84
    @doutri2
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @Stefbomb2020
    @charlottemilton

mdi1d0ccrnlv.png

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @Terytha Oh no! How awful. Is this at your home or where you are vacationing? Hail can be crazy. We had a bad one last year and it stripped all the leaves off my plants and dents all over the car. Lots of our neighbors had their roofs replaced.

Hope that water goes down quickly.

Just home. We had to take a staycation since we can't travel still.

The dude waist deep in water there is the head of our condo board, he's trying to clear the manhole so it'll drain. Plus a plumber was called. So hopefully they clear it up soon.

Problem is, I hear thunder again. I'm worried a second cell is about to hit.

2020 is not our year. -_-

WOW! I hope a second cell never came.
This discussion has been closed.