WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    b22hlz3fy8ev.png

Don't forget who is in charge today! Make it a strong one.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Today's a bit weird - but doing my best to stay positive. A couple of empty charity bags were delivered - for collection tomorrow morning, so I can go upstairs and donate two bags worth of clothes that I no longer need. That's bound to make me feel better!

And this evening we have our weekly family quiz via conference calling - fun!

Enjoy the rest of your day, Friends!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I meant to include this picture earlier.

• jugar
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    PW: 178.2
    CW: 178.2
    At least not a gain. Getting ready for DH knee replacement this Friday. Pre op took over 3 hours. 1/2 of it was waiting.

My DH has both knees and one shoulder done. One at a time - and each has made him feel more and more awesome. The reduction in pain is fabulous. The recovery is an ordeal, a quest. Make sure he does ALL his physio and gets through it as if those exercises are a religion! If he does that, he will likely come out like a hero. Good luck!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    I love the RhinoUnicorn, @YinxFed ! Even after we hit unicorn territory, we often still feel like rhinos. I look back sometimes at photos that look pretty danged good to me now, but at the time I felt podgy and out of shape. Be sure to believe the smart people who tell you how great you look. Take a deep breath, say THANKS, and start to tell yourself it is true. :heart:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    @micki48 Sunday steps; 4,700
    Today’s (Wednesday): 7,100
    @jugar: CW: 183.8 (not positive about last weeks’ weight but know you’ve got it on your list).
    We were away just about all day and I’m plum tuckered out!
    It’s hard to believe that it’s about to be Thursday and I need more time to check in.
    I’ve got some ranting to do, too!
    Ok, more either tonight or tomorrow earlier in the day.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,284 Member
    Options
    fourathomej
    Wednesday
    PW: 160
    CW: 160.2
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 Sunday steps; 4,700
    Today’s (Wednesday): 7,100
    @jugar: CW: 183.8 (not positive about last weeks’ weight but know you’ve got it on your list).
    We were away just about all day and I’m plum tuckered out!
    It’s hard to believe that it’s about to be Thursday and I need more time to check in.
    I’ve got some ranting to do, too!
    Ok, more either tonight or tomorrow earlier in the day.
    Sleep well! I'm about to crash as well - you're green this week, and ranting tomorrow will make your day! Looking forward to it.
    Alright, I finally made it into community today. I have had trouble all day and I know other people have too. I am also doing noom while also participating in fat 2 fit. They have a community group also. I'm just not super impressed with my group there and I really missed not being able to check in here. I'm in a group of others doing noom for a 2nd time but I'm the only one who has continued to loose. Most have gained everything back. I just don't fit in 😔 Never mind them. I have you guys. You inspire me and give me great ideas!

Today is an awesome food day and workout day! I got my 1 hour walk in the sunshine. Then my husband and I took the kids for a 45 minute mountain biking trip. Avacado toast and an apple for breakfast. Shrimp stir fry with rice noodles and peanut sauce. Dinner is meatloaf, potatoes and zucchini. Later I'm having one of my special truffles!
    I'm so glad you're with us! One of my personal goals for this team and the whole F2F community is to help build a community where as many people as possible can beat those statistics. You know the stats I mean - where you lose, and then put it back on again. You are beating them so far, and that is fantastic. I'm looking forward to having you and everyone else who makes it to goal in our sub-team for maintenance. It is at least as important as the losing part. And besides, anyone who eats shrimp stir-fry with peanut sauce is good by me! Stick around :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP!

Thursday weigh-ins:
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods
    @mhariankhatibau12

Overdue - but welcome! You know how much I love those numbers - the good, the bad - they're all good.
    @jguldi11
    @alexsandramorff
    @MoStacy

G'night!
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 243.3
    CW 244.7
    The scale had said I was up 6lbs when I first came back from vacation, so this is a big improvement. Thank you for being patient with me and giving me a few extra days. Bodies are weird lol.

Drinking extra water is going well, and I did a workout video yesterday. Today is my long day at work, I'll be there for about 12 hours, but I'm packing a healthy lunch and snacks to help me get through without ordering takeout.

I have no plans this weekend and I'm excited for that. It's been a few weeks since I had a weekend all to myself. My garden needs a good weeding and I have mulch to finish putting down.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I love the RhinoUnicorn, @YinxFed ! Even after we hit unicorn territory, we often still feel like rhinos. I look back sometimes at photos that look pretty danged good to me now, but at the time I felt podgy and out of shape. Be sure to believe the smart people who tell you how great you look. Take a deep breath, say THANKS, and start to tell yourself it is true. :heart:

Too true! The other thing is passing a mirror or window and wondering who that person is. :)

For me, I found it hard to reconcile the outward with what I knew was true under the clothes... the hidden imperfections and consequences of weight loss. But we just have to accept even those for a healthier life in general. I wish I would have enjoyed time with my husband more than worrying about my insecurities, and this is still true today.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a horrible fail, but not until 8:30 🤦‍♀️ My coteacher text me about a week email that basically says there's going to be cuts in special education and based on conversations that we had before school closed, I am worried I will be asked to switch grades. I honestly can't imagine distance learning at a grade I have never taught. Anyway, I ate my feelings. I didn't step on the scale today, but I am worried about tomorrow's weight in. I am not going to let one bad day ruin. Today, I will workout and eat to fuel my body.

In other news, the scale hasn't been my friend for the past month or so, but my belly is shrinking. I wore a pair of shorts yesterday that I could barely button a month ago.😄 I can't figure out how to get my photo to post. I have a great progress photo from January when I started this challenge to a few weeks ago.

you got this, don't let a bad day get you down.
This discussion has been closed.