WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,136 Member
    Options
    WOW, really hate how big those pictures uploaded

But WOW! You look 10 years younger, at least! The difference is amazing. I know how hard it is to get pictures taken, even when you know you are looking good. One of the great things and bad things about getting older is that you don't mind feeling and/or looking foolish (the good!) so pictures are a tad less horrible than they used to be, but then your wrinkles and all the other joys of the years are appearing (the bad!). However you feel, this is a beautiful transformation.
  • jugar
    edited June 2020
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    Steps/ exercise log

Wednesday - 20 minute HIIT workout and 3235 steps
    Thursday - 20 minute Leslie Sansome walking workout and 6198 steps

Water intake is also better this week, but could be better.

Holding on to all positive thoughts while the world seems to be in a scary state of flux at the moment.

Hope you're all doing well.

Until tomorrow, Friends xx

Quick question, Yinka - do you count the Leslie Sansone walking video separately from your daily steps? I have posted it that way, counting the Sansone video as something like low-impact aerobics. If you see it differently, let me know - Thanks!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    PW 349.4
    CW 349.6
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    WOW, really hate how big those pictures uploaded

@matthewsfive you look absolutely amazing! I bet you feel that way too! So encouraging! Thanks for sharing.
  • jugar
    Options
    What a day! It has been absolutely beautiful here today, and tonight is the awesome moon, peepers that sound like they must be competing in the vocal olympics, and the smell of all kinds of mysterious wild flowers. Yummy.

Week one is closing soon! Amazing how that keeps happening. Last weigh-ins for the week:
    @mhariankhatibau12 (late! I hope you find us - :heart:)
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @micki48
    @matthewsfive
    @RaisedToRamble
    @Stefbomb2020

Enjoy the beginning of vacation @Terytha !
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Steps: 6,230
    It’s been a good day with decent food, visit with daughters, and a short leg-soak on the chilly pond. I hope to swim tomorrow, weather willing. We’ll get a walk in on the early side so my steps should be better.
    Sleep well!
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    PW 166.5 lbs
    CW 166.5lbs

Sorry no much change... actually its my time of the month....so hopefully will try giving myself a better number on my scale next week....working towards it
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    No matter what the scale says tomorrow I've come a long way.
    You certainly have. Thank you for sharing these - very inspirational :)
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I had a busy day in the yard & garden. We are forecast for 35 mm rain tomorrow and 25 mm on Sunday. (That is 1.4 and 1 in inches for my American friends.) So I had a lot I wanted to get done. I managed to accomplish most of it but sadly my walk went by the wayside...
  • unevano
    unevano Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    My 2 numbers
    gki = 3.2
    one hour of exercise - yes
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps
    5/31 8040
    6/1 9513
    6/2 9565
    6/3 18717
    6/4 20411
    6/5 24345
    6/6 oh geez, I can't keep track of the days these days - thought today was Sunday. If feels like a Sunday.

• jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted in a couple days! My friends and I are on a trip in Traverse City, MI and have been having so much fun! We ate inside a restaurant yesterday for the first time since March and it was amazing. I made moderately healthy choices (I.e. ahi tuna appetizer instead of fried avocado egg rolls) but also indulged a bit and shared a dessert with them. Today we will be walking, kayaking, shopping, and probably eating out again lol.

@jugar My weigh in is supposed to be tomorrow but I will have to postpone to Monday because I won't be home.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Pw 170
    Cw 171.2

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    @mathewsfive Amazing transformation. Loosing over 100 pounds is a huge effort. Congrats to you for sure. Hope you get to buy new clothes.

@micki48 So good to hear from you and hope you are doing well.
  • unevano
    unevano Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My 2 numbers
    gki 2.0 (needs to be under 6)
    1 hour of exercise. did it

I am in a high therapeutic level of ketosis now. Good for those using keto therapeutically for the treatment of diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, traumatic brain injury and chronic inflammatory disease. It means my body is burning fat for fuel which means my sugar and carb cravings are very much reduced. It also makes it so I do not get hungry except when I am actually hungry. No more false hunger signals which was a huge problem for me because when I got hungry I would snack on something and snacking was probably the biggest reason I gained so much weight. Now I can resist snacking, not because I have any more will-power than before but because my body is using the fat reserves that I have plenty of, for fuel rather than depending on glucose for fuel which my body would use rapidly and any excess would be stored and then my body would get hungry pangs again because I was hungry. Repeated over and over again meant lots of weight gained, fatty liver, inflammation in the brain, joints, and other areas of the body. I believe it was also ultimately responsible for my cancer because I was into juicing and raw food. But my sugar and carb levels were horrendous. My typical days meals were fruit or melon in the morning followed up with maybe carrot, apple, celery freshly extracted juice, followed up with more salad, usually some raw starches such as sweet potato sticks, or raw beet sticks, or something like that, and a green juice sweetened usually with some apple to sweeten it up a bit. I would snack on nuts and seeds for my protein and fats. I thought I was doing the best thing possible for my body and I did this for years before my cancer. After my cancer I could no longer tolerate eating fibrous foods until about July of last year when I was able to eat salad once again. My weight had ballooned up to 260 lbs by then and I had so many health issues I truly didn't think I would live another year if I didn't change things around. I tried eating healthy and I would make a little progress and then I would binge eat for days and I would feel awful because I felt it was my fault that I had no self control. That made things worse and I would lose some and just gain it right back again. I then learned about insulin resistance and realized that I might be insulin resistant. I was also per-diabetic or diabetic I realize now although I never got tested at that time. I then learned about low carb diets for people like me and I tried it several times but I wasn't successful at doing it except 1 time. The weight dropped off me almost immediately but I didn't really know what I was doing and went off of the diet again and again. It wasn't until I got a glucose and ketone testing meter and took my readings every day and recorded every piece of food no matter how insignificant it seemed to me at the time that I finally made sense out of the low carb way of eating and made some progress and lost 62 pounds. Then I had a blockage in the small intestine where my previous surgeries had occurred due to severe scar tissue and twisting of the intestine and I couldn't eat fibrous foods once again and I gained about 38 pounds back again in just a few months time when I went back to my former eating habits of high carb and sugar rich foods. I finally realized what I was doing to myself when all of my former health problems started popping up one by one. That is when I started doing the things that made it possible for me to lose the weight before. Then I joined this wonderful supportive group and have been losing weight again but it has been a struggle until I got my gki number under 6. Now I don't think about eating much except when I am truly hungry and for me that makes all the difference in the world. I don't need to stay in this high level of ketosis for me to be successful at losing weight but it is fantastic when I am. It is definitely a huge learning curve to eat this way and if anyone is interested in learning about the keto diet, I am more than happy to share what I know. Hoping everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

cja2g3kdbsbq.jpg
This discussion has been closed.