Living the Lifestyle, Monday 06/01/2020

Options
misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,175 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday- misterhub (Greg)
Tuesday- whathapnd (Emmie)
Wednesday-MASSRUNNER (Frank)
Thursday- beachwoman2006 (Cindy)
Friday- imastar2 (Derrick)

Today's Topic: New Month...Renewed Resolve?

Today is the first day of the month. What is the first thing you can do to renew your efforts?

Replies

• beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I actually started "renewing my efforts" on May 31, 2020. The first thing I did was get rid of all the chips, dips, Cheez-Its, and honey buns in the kitchen. I replaced them with LOTS of fresh fruits and that's what I'm using for snacks now.

I'm also cooking more lean meats and fresh vegetables, weighing and measuring everything I eat except fruits and vegetables, and tracking everything on MFP (including fruits and vegetables although I'm pretty sure I didn't gain weight from fruits and vegetables :) )
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,878 Member
    Options
    Trying to cut down the snacking. I know it's one of my main downfalls. Maybe a BIG glass of cold water whenever I feel the urge. At least it'd distract me for awhile.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Get back to weight training. We are reopening the fitness center at the retirement community this week. I can lead some exercise classes, socially distanced, in the larger space next door.
  • MASSRUNNER_FRANK
    MASSRUNNER_FRANK Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My efforts are not in need of renewing. At least not now.
    Been on course since 1/2019.
    Believe me when I say I am under no illusions that I am bullet proof. Hence not straying far from Plan or tracking for nearly 18 months now.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,526 Member
    Options
    More meal planning. Less adhoc eating
  • beachwoman2006
    beachwoman2006 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Al_Howard wrote: »
    Trying to cut down the snacking. I know it's one of my main downfalls. Maybe a BIG glass of cold water whenever I feel the urge. At least it'd distract me for awhile.

There is no try. There is only do. :)
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,175 Member
    Options
    Al_Howard wrote: »

There is no try. There is only do. :)

I have to point out that Master Yoda was a very skinny dude.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I'm still feeling energized about losing weight even though the process is slow. I do think it's nice to take time to reflect/plan at the start of a new month/new season.

On Saturday, a friend sent a picture of us from five years ago that had popped up in her FB. I checked my weight history, and I was 23 pounds lighter in that pic. I'd been at goal or below for nearly two years in that pic. I felt mad/disappointed in myself then decided that wasn't really useful thinking. Useful thinking is making sure I have good food options on hand this week.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,934 Member
    Options
    Tracking and portions. I'm weird off the trail in May so tracking consistently and by so doing keep portions under control at the same time.
    Tracking days May 1-31 Yes 9 /No 22😡
    SW/CW/GW 06/01/20 Monday
    400.8/310.6/185 [+0.4] ☹
    Total Loss 90.2 lbs
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,071 Member
    Options
    Doing a bit better. Not a new resolve for me but to keep better focus.