WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• unevano
    unevano Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My 2 number posting
    gki = 2.78 (needs to be below 6)
    exercise for 10 hours physical labor. (needs to be 1 or more)
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Today was a mellow day for work. I got my workout in today but I broke it into 3 different workouts. Sometimes that just works better for me with kids around.

I ordered a camping kitchen set up to pack when we go up to the cabin. The cabin has a kitchen but it's my in laws cabin so they usually do a lot of the food. I'm going to start bringing my own set up so I don't get stuck eating things that don't work in my calorie budget. This will help with the summer unplanned time!

My middle son finally learned to ride a bike. It has taken him awhile. He is 9 and just did a long round of vision therapy which was definitely impacting bike riding. So excited that we are really close to having all the kids riding bikes. The 5 yr old is super close.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    CW: 163.4
    PW: 163.8

This week all my kids are back to school and I have the house to myself again. So nice to regain the quiet time to focus on my goals and not nag them about school work.

@Steph1489 I am SOOOO jealous my kids are now on summer break no hopes of them going back until ATLEAST the end of August now. LOL love them to pieces but oh my do I need school to hurry up hahaha
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,190 Member
    Options
    It's a beautiful day out there! I hope it is where you are too. If not, well - get some housework done :smiley:

I have a 5 minute break for you here. It's an animated short about walking - watch it all the way through and it becomes really joyous. Counting steps and getting more of them into the day can sometimes feel like one more obligation. Maybe this little gem will remind us to turn it into dancing, moments to think while trudging, fleeting encounters (human or nature!), and connection with our bodies as we help them get more and more joyous ourselves. https://www.nfb.ca/film/walking/ I hope you can watch it outside of Canada...

Off to the outdoors! Bugs? Here I come!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar love that video!
  • RaisedToRamble
    RaisedToRamble Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! So far so good. My daughter and I put in 2.6 miles today before 7:00am. The air was cool, mist filled and had just enough water in the air to create a few raindrops.
    Yesterday was my cheat day. I ended up having a plant based burger which is something I used to really enjoy. Half way through lunch though, my stomach got a bit crampy. I know it had to be the oil. Those burgers are so full of oil. It's pretty gross when you think about it. Anyway, I haven't had any type of oil, salt or sugar in 2 weeks and I don't think my stomach was ready for it. So that will be 1 food completely crossed off my cheat day list. Oh and I had 2 oreo cookies late at night but they tasted funny. I'm not sure if it was the cookie or me but they were completely unfulfilling. Tomorrow will be my weigh in but as of today I didn't see much progress this week and after losing 14 pounds my pants don't feel much different either. :| Maybe in 2 more weeks. I hope everyone is having a great Friday! :)
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! So far so good. My daughter and I put in 2.6 miles today before 7:00am. The air was cool, mist filled and had just enough water in the air to create a few raindrops.
    Yesterday was my cheat day. I ended up having a plant based burger which is something I used to really enjoy. Half way through lunch though, my stomach got a bit crampy. I know it had to be the oil. Those burgers are so full of oil. It's pretty gross when you think about it. Anyway, I haven't had any type of oil, salt or sugar in 2 weeks and I don't think my stomach was ready for it. So that will be 1 food completely crossed off my cheat day list. Oh and I had 2 oreo cookies late at night but they tasted funny. I'm not sure if it was the cookie or me but they were completely unfulfilling. Tomorrow will be my weigh in but as of today I didn't see much progress this week and after losing 14 pounds my pants don't feel much different either. :| Maybe in 2 more weeks. I hope everyone is having a great Friday! :)

@raisedtoramble

Just a thought make your cheat day the day after your weigh in day, I have done that and it really helps me stay away from the snacks.
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    ELENA01 wrote: »
    Friday weigh in:
    5/31= 187
    6/05 =184

@ELENA01
    Awesome loss
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 155.4
    CW 155.4

I haven't actually checked my weight in a week, which is almost unheard of for me. I just feel like I've done amazing with my workouts and pretty good with diet. I had one day where I ate all the carbs and not enough protein because I skipped lunch due to being busy and then ate too much at night. Yesterday, I did have a little ice cream but it fit in my calories and only through my macros off a little. 🤷‍♀️ I think my legs and shoulders look amazing so I am going to keep doing what I'm doing, for now.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    SW for June: 153
    CW: 150.5
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy Leg warmers! :D
  • eponymoose
    eponymoose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I seemed to miss yesterday, bed was calling me at an early hour. But the baby's second tooth appeared today which explains the dissturbed nights. Hopefully tonight will be better.

Steps:
    Thursday 4th:10463
    Friday 5th: 14868

There are some fabulous losses this week, well done everyone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I have the same result on Monday.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Steps/ exercise log

Wednesday - 20 minute HIIT workout and 3235 steps
    Thursday - 20 minute Leslie Sansome walking workout and 6198 steps

Water intake is also better this week, but could be better.

Holding on to all positive thoughts while the world seems to be in a scary state of flux at the moment.

Hope you're all doing well.

Until tomorrow, Friends xx
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    WOW, really hate how big those pictures uploaded

This discussion has been closed.