• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,453 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Check in for Thursday
    Food- Logged and under
    Water-64 0z
    Exercise-45 min walk

I woke up today with such a bad headache and forgot to weigh myself. I like to do it first thing so I will do it tomorrow. I have been on a roller coaster all week but just came off two good days so I was hoping for a good weigh in today.

I have been getting a lot of cleaning and organizing around the house but unfortunately my PT, stretching and strength has been suffering. I do make a point to get my walk in which is good. I am going to get it into today before I get started with anything else. I can feel when I blow off my PT and stretching especially. I think part of it is squats are part of my PT and I hate them. Lol! I need to get over that.

This week has flown! I hope everyone has a fantastic day today!

@ljdanny Nice loss! I am sure the lack of motivation is from being back at work. It is great that you kept up with your eating plan. They say that most of weight loss is from what you are eating. I am sure that you will get into a routine. I am sorry to hear you have to get surgery but it would be nice to not have that neck pain. It also might start to get worse...Hope you can enjoy your new mattress soon.
    @Mrsbell8well I got my new mattress and now I am working on my pillows. I just never can find one I like. Hope you love your new one and your new little Teddy bear.
    @1theresamcvean Nice loss! You really seem to have it all together! Do you know yet when you can see your grandchildren? I know you have to be very careful around your daughter so I am sure that plays into it. It is hard to believe how long this has been going on. I just want everything to just want to go back to March and pick up where we left off but here it is June...
    @pacsnc6 Praying for good results with your scan so you can move on to the next step surgery. You know I am always sending prayers and hugs. Last night was our local high school's graduation. The teachers and staff divided up on decorated school buses and did a little parade though the town and stopped at graduates houses. The graduates had neighbors out in their yards and had family and friends over (socially distant) and it looked way more fun than the usual graduation. I think the ceremony was going on at the same time because some people had TVs set up. It was a beautiful day too. I also was thinking how much better then worrying about seating, parking, etc. Plus, the graduates get more than a 2 second walk across the stage.
    @lennoncpa I like the idea of splitting up a restaurant meal to have as 2 meals. It doesn't seem as depriving and also you don't have to cook for another meal! I think MFP was acting glitchy. I didn't change my pic. I am due to. That is an old pic. One of these days...
    @Cafelelia I will weigh in tomorrow if that is ok. It is a shame the school didn't have some kind of alternative graduation for the students. I would have been so disappointed! I am glad that you have a celebration planned for him. It is a big deal. I remember my 8th grade graduation still.
    @melaniescott I love the story about your bears! Lol! That one does look like he is hiding something, he looks too innocent! Lol! I wish I was better at names.
    @tryingagain5 That is so true, we are so much better encouraging others but not ourselves. Great job with the water and walking! I thought of you this morning. I had plums. I didn't realize how I needed to work on my fruit and veggies until I saw your goals. I have been doing well with fruit lately because I buy what I like Lol! I have such a weird relationship with fruit because of carbs. I wish I was like that with cake and cookies! So now I am eating the fruits I like and not worrying about the carbs. Now to work on the veggies...
    @ProfDawnLee I know you have a lot going on. Hope everything goes well for you and you can get back into your normal routine.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx What a great way to start the season with a win for your team! Looks like school is right back with the sports! Wow! That is an awesome walk My husband has been going on such long walks now. I leave after 2 miles. He has gone as far as 9 miles a few times. I also have to say, the times I locked myself out of the house or car...was when I was pregnant ;)
    @brown6267 Another awesome step count!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I was reading on my town's site that you should use chicken wire with the sticky tape to help prevent birds and bats from sticking to the tape. I don't know how that would work but so many people suggested it. They said the birds and bats are attracted to the bugs on the tape. I just thought I would pass it along.
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Name: ademann1
    Weight: 184.8

Hosting a family reunion this weekend, I’ve been sort of stressing about that.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was pretty good. Ate well in the morning but had too many starchy carbs throughout the day. Was sore from the Fitness Blender program so I just walked for an hour yesterday.

Started today with some poached eggs and multigrain toast with smashed avocado. Yum. Doing some school work and then will catch up on FB workouts. Hopefully will get to play a little golf with the hubs later if it's not too booked at his course.

@1theresamcvean Awesome loss and great strategy to look at your average weight to really see your downward trend separately from your daily fluctuations!

@pacsnc6 Praying that your scans are good and that you can take care of the rest with surgery. You've been such a rock star through this.

@ljdanny I've had trouble staying motivated too. Wonder if there's something in the air....

exs2mgb6yxum.jpg
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Thursday-
    Food-ate too much miso soup for dinner. Bok choi, tofu, edamame with edamame noodles.
    water-not enough
    exercise-yoga and walk
    sleep 7 1/2

Doing great! My new obsession is Microsoft TO DO app. My life orbits around the to do list. I love it. I have been more productive than ever but my tv time has been bumped. That's ok. I am loving this new balanced life. My other focus has been cooking for others. After taking the big combo meal over to my sick co-worker, I decided to keep going. Last night I made red lentil, sweet potato soup with spinach and balsamic rice and included sourdough bread and butter and Mississippi Mudd bars for a much promised lunch that my team had earned back in January. Gooey marshmallows and chopped pecans on a thin brownie type base covered in chocolate glaze. I purposely did not make it vegan so I would not eat it. But by popular demand I will be making a vegan one tonight to take to a family get together tomorrow along with a really good homemade hummus, tabouli, pitas, vegan feta and a pile of grilled veggies. And an apricot tart or two. The apricots are exquisite right now. just huge and juicy.
    Monday I am taking more soup to my friend. Now her husband has the virus. They have 3 little kids at home so it's really a night mare. Then next week I am taking soup and bread to a co-worker that just had her first baby.
    All this cooking for others is keeping me on my toes. but luckily I have my new TO Do app to keep me super organized!
    TGIF! Have a great weekend everyone! Enjoy yourselves and behave!!!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    nstephenson01
    Thursday
    Week 3
    PW: 172.2
    CW: 170

Sorry for the late weigh in @sleepymom5 and @Cafelelia. I haven't been able to access this page for 3 days :(
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm not overly psyched over this loss as its mostly post TOM water woosh. Also, strangely enough, both my husband and I were so sick on Sunday but with completely different symptoms. I spent the day in bed and he spent it on the couch. By Monday we felt more human again and by Tuesday pretty much back to 100%. It was so bizarre and the things that run through your mind when feeling that sick during these times... ugh. I didn't have much of an appetite so just sort of ate small snacks when I felt a little hungry.

I've been having all kinds of issues this week with MFP. Fitbit steps not syncing, entries made on my phone not syncing with my tablet and unable to connect to this page for the last 3 days. I know, I know... modern day problems but its as if when its not recorded on MFP its like it didn't happen :neutral: I'm pages and pages behind on y'alls posts. I look forward to getting caught up with how everyone's been doing and get back to posting more regularly.

As for yesterday... it was a good day
    Food: 14:10 IF Ate on plan
    Water: Good
    Exercise & steps: 23,188 steps! Spent the day working in the garden planting flowers and weeding. The nurseries around here are pretty picked over so on Wednesday I went to 2 of the big box stores and also discovered two off the beaten path, locally owned nurseries that were great finds. I may have bought a few too many plants but am loving how our deck is looking with all the pretty flower-filled pots.

Wishing everyone a nice weekend. I need to make my plan. 160's here I come!! :smiley:
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    Options
    I'm not overly psyched over this loss as its mostly post TOM water woosh. Also, strangely enough, both my husband and I were so sick on Sunday but with completely different symptoms. I spent the day in bed and he spent it on the couch. By Monday we felt more human again and by Tuesday pretty much back to 100%. It was so bizarre and the things that run through your mind when feeling that sick during these times... ugh. I didn't have much of an appetite so just sort of ate small snacks when I felt a little hungry.

I've been having all kinds of issues this week with MFP. Fitbit steps not syncing, entries made on my phone not syncing with my tablet and unable to connect to this page for the last 3 days. I know, I know... modern day problems but its as if when its not recorded on MFP its like it didn't happen :neutral: I'm pages and pages behind on y'alls posts. I look forward to getting caught up with how everyone's been doing and get back to posting more regularly.

As for yesterday... it was a good day
    Food: 14:10 IF Ate on plan
    Water: Good
    Exercise & steps: 23,188 steps! Spent the day working in the garden planting flowers and weeding. The nurseries around here are pretty picked over so on Wednesday I went to 2 of the big box stores and also discovered two off the beaten path, locally owned nurseries that were great finds. I may have bought a few too many plants but am loving how our deck is looking with all the pretty flower-filled pots.

Wishing everyone a nice weekend. I need to make my plan. 160's here I come!! :smiley:

Hi Nancy, I was missing you the last couple of days, wondering how you were. I'm glad you feel better. Sometimes I disconnect and reconnect my Fitbit from MFP to trick it into synching. I know what you mean about the app and the desktop versions not jibing. I really like the desktop version for catching up here...actually, I like it better for everything except the bad emojis. I also noticed all those things seemed worse to me when I was sick. How's your garden growing?
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Daily check in Thursday-
    Food-ate too much miso soup for dinner. Bok choi, tofu, edamame with edamame noodles.
    water-not enough
    exercise-yoga and walk
    sleep 7 1/2

Doing great! My new obsession is Microsoft TO DO app. My life orbits around the to do list. I love it. I have been more productive than ever but my tv time has been bumped. That's ok. I am loving this new balanced life. My other focus has been cooking for others. After taking the big combo meal over to my sick co-worker, I decided to keep going. Last night I made red lentil, sweet potato soup with spinach and balsamic rice and included sourdough bread and butter and Mississippi Mudd bars for a much promised lunch that my team had earned back in January. Gooey marshmallows and chopped pecans on a thin brownie type base covered in chocolate glaze. I purposely did not make it vegan so I would not eat it. But by popular demand I will be making a vegan one tonight to take to a family get together tomorrow along with a really good homemade hummus, tabouli, pitas, vegan feta and a pile of grilled veggies. And an apricot tart or two. The apricots are exquisite right now. just huge and juicy.
    Monday I am taking more soup to my friend. Now her husband has the virus. They have 3 little kids at home so it's really a night mare. Then next week I am taking soup and bread to a co-worker that just had her first baby.
    All this cooking for others is keeping me on my toes. but luckily I have my new TO Do app to keep me super organized!
    TGIF! Have a great weekend everyone! Enjoy yourselves and behave!!!

Angelina, I have no idea how you do so much. I'm sometimes exhausted by what you get done in a day. I'm going to evaluate some to-do apps now. I'm not a Microsoft user but feel inspired.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 That is a good idea about putting chicken wire around the traps. That way I can still catch bugs and not harm birdies and such. I don't have any chicken wire though, but I do have some deer netting, I'm sure that could work just as well. I'm going to try and push myself to get out there today because a lot needs to be done!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Fridays
    PW - 153.1
    CW - 152.6
    I will take these little losses. My body feels like it should be more, but whatever, this is good. My body was also telling me to slow down this week, so I did exactly that and it feels good. Cumulatively, I have been through and doing a whole lot, so the rest feels great. Ontario finally opened to expanded “bubbles” of 10 people, hurray! My mom lives 90 minutes away. My younger son and I visited her last weekend in anticipation of the new bubble rule, but in contravention too because the rule was introduced later than we anticipated. My mom did great during lockdown but reached her limit not being able to see her family for 4 months (she is 82 and lives alone). My son decided to stay the week with her and she was so happy to hug and spoil him (he is basking in the attention). I am back at her house today, no rule breaking this time. Churches are finally opening at the end of the month, and I have no idea how that will work. I am trying not to get overexcited about it all, but it feels much longer than 4 months of quarantine.

@nstephenson01 - Nice loss and you will see that new weight decade very soon! Those steps are impressive!!
    @Mrsbell8well - I got hungry reading your post on your cooking & baking! Love the new profile photo!
    @GingerPwr - Your breakfasts always sound so filling & yummy! You reminded me that I want to look up Fitness Blender as I need to add more to my fitness regime, now that my leg feels so good.
    @lenka1 - You are doing so great! I keep forgetting that you just had a baby and then when I remember, I am even more impressed with your progress!
    @ademann1 - Good luck with the family reunion. Hosting can be really tiring and stressful. Try to breath and enjoy yourself as much as you can. We are here for you if you need to vent after.
    @sleepymom5 - I am glad that you had a few good days and just weigh in when you are able. Squats are not my favorite too!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - You are a busy lady! Congrats on winning the game! I have to ask, what did you do for the two hours when you were locked out of the house?
    @ProfDawnLee - Sorry that you had a stressful week and I am sure that you will get back on track now. I love your new profile pic!
    @tryingagain5 - Glad that you had a good day and that you are getting some hours at work. That must of felt so good eating at a restaurant, even with the distancing measures. It is still a dream for us here and I cannot wait to go to eat again.
    @lennoncpa - Great job sticking to your plan and taking home food from the restaurant! Back when restaurants were open here, taking home around half the food was my common practice and it is really works. I never usually get to eat the leftovers as my teen finds them in fridge the next morning and eats them for breakfast!
    @ljdanny - I am sorry that you have to have the surgery, but think about how good it will feel afterwards. Keep us posted on when it is schedules.
    @1theresamcvean - Based on our government’s announcement today, you get to hug your grandchildren and see your kids! I hope that you are in the process of doing that already!! It has been great seeing my mom, and when I am back in TO, I will stop by my brother’s house so we all can give him a hug too!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @Cafelelia and @sleepymom5 I am so excited about the social circles of 10 people! This afternoon we determined our bubble. My daughter won't be in it because she is immunocompromised, but we can still do distance visits as usual. My son, his wife, my granddaughter, and grandson, Wendy, me, my DIL's parents, plus two more people (or not) are our bubble. We get to hug. This was a surprise and a delight.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 132.8
    Today's weight: 132.8
    Weekly Steps: 59574
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Friday
    Food good
    Water good
    Yoga
    Sleep 8 hours
    To Do list-100% accomplished!

Up early ready for a big fun day. Bought badminton to take to the kids. Ready to bake apricot tarts. I have an hour yoga this morning.
    My granddaughter was gone for a 2 week vacation. I challenged her to send me a photo every day that she was gone. It was a fun way to stay connected. My daughters boyfriend has 2 kids. I made a photo summer scavenger game for them to play between now and the end of June. There are 18 days so they need to send me 1 photo a day for 18 days. I wrote out 18 different summer items as themes like dragonfly, ice cream, flip flops etc. excited to start the game. I will take a picture of the list to share.
    Great weight loss team members. I will have to put it on my To do list to respond to everyone lol
This discussion has been closed.