WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - June 2020

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 926 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @nstephenson01 A couple years ago, I asked one of my friends here what or who TOM was. So funny! It's been a long time for me. Hahaha. I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at me. So, that too shall pass.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 I was so so sorry to hear about your fluffy little black dog's death and how you're struggling with your forgiveness of your other two dogs. I'm so glad that @Zumba_Luvah shared her story with you (and also sorry about her son's guinea pig, Jack). Giant hugs.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    d9ueuuvqxqwy.jpeg
    Lula Mae playing peek a boo with Molly
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,281 Member
    Options
    Gained a pound boohoo
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Hey! Checking in real quick.

Yesterday I didn't log food, but I don't think I overate. I did a low impact cardio workout and played golf with the hubs, so I got in lots of movement.

Had pizza for supper, which was definitely not clean eating, but I just gave myself permission to enjoy the food.

Today is the full force of TOM, so I haven't really been out of bed much - got lots of schoolwork done, though. I'm supposed to do a Hiit workout on Fitness Blender, but I think I'll switch days between that and the yoga scheduled for tomorrow and just reset on Saturday, which is the scheduled rest day.

I guess the lesson for today is "Listen to your body." There's a difference between your body saying "I don't want to" and "Okay, no, I physically CAN'T." And when we find ourselves in a place where we can't do A, then maybe we compromise with our bodies and do B instead.

And I'm also going to link this awesome video about not panicking over body fluctuations. I was down on myself earlier this week and then found this video today, and it's such a great reminder that we're going through daily, even hourly weight fluctuations and that nobody's perfect.

https://www.fitnessblender.com/blog/36-hours-of-body-fluctuation-cheat-meal-before-and-after

So like they say in the video: Do things mostly right most of the time, but give yourself space to be human.

Don't forget to be awesome today!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @tryingagain5 Linda, each one of these things is a major stressor. It's unusual to live in the midst of a pandemic, flooding, riots, and to have job insecurity all at once. Be very kind to yourself, whether that's giving yourself a mental health day, or walking with your neighbourhood pups. I'm happy to hear yesterday's protests were peaceful. We've only had one protest here and it was peaceful. I posted a video I took at the end of the May chat. The only violence was when a man threw a bucket of dirty water with PineSol in it on the marchers. It didn't incite anything more than a few screams and some swearing. You've got this. Hugs.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @GingerPwr Thanks, that article was really helpful. I'm only starting to have any shape to return to, as in definition. So good timing.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having problems with their Fitbit syncing to MFP since maintenance this morning? Mine has not synced since 8:54 am.

Thanks!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    brown6267 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with their Fitbit syncing to MFP since maintenance this morning? Mine has not synced since 8:54 am.

Thanks!

I went to the status page and Fitbit to MFP is in degraded performance at this time as a result of earlier maintenance.

• 1theresamcvean
    Options

Thanks!

So frustrating. Are you on your phone or your desktop? I noticed on my phone it wasn't working but on my computer it was. I've noticed other inconsistencies too. Hope that helps.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    bburrer30 wrote: »
    10xacdpagpl4.jpg

Ada, Our accident prone pup

Aww. What happened?
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Check in for yesterday...
    2.5 ltrs water
    9424 steps/1.5 hours walking
    Did my core work twice! Felt it today...did well with sodium...

check in today
    3+ liters
    3823 steps/40 minutes walking
    Did my core.
    2.66 hours gardening (let's be honest...weeding. I am amazing at growing weeds & then murdering them)
    Ate chinese for dinner...we know what that means.

Boy, am I tired!

I'm hopeful things are quieting down...we haven't had problems where I'm at but I have friends in places where it's been crazy. Between some really stressful stuff with my husbands family, covid and the on going violence, this year has, so far, been pretty awful. Here's hoping it improves someday soon. Hang in there everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options

Thanks!

So frustrating. Are you on your phone or your desktop? I noticed on my phone it wasn't working but on my computer it was. I've noticed other inconsistencies too. Hope that helps.

me, too. it's just been weird today.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @melaniedscott What flower is that in your profile image? It looks like a morning glory but also not. It's lovely. We've just planted or seeded here in Toronto, Canada so we don't have weeds yet. Good job on the doubel core workout!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @bburrer30 I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's so difficult when we can't stay with them now.
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Exercise: long workout 🏋🏻‍♀️ focusing on back and legs, plus 20 min on elliptical, so I added 100 calories to my goal today.
    Eating: on target and I feel good
    Weight: down 2 pounds, normal monthly fluctuation
This discussion has been closed.