• danisp
    danisp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @sleepymom5

Sunday night was calm. The city instituted a curfew but did arrest a few people who broke the curfew. Those people didn't resist.

Last night I spent a couple of hours watching the news coverage of the city with the city, county, state police and national guard all lined up in their riot gear, including gas masks. They had information that people were going to come and "protest" and "kill cops". The officials sent employees from the courthouse earlier in the day. The businesses that were open in the area also sent people home.

I'm 15 minutes away and found it very tense to watch. I prayed for everyone's safety while watching. They gave everyone plenty of notice (you have 15 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes)to leave because they were breaking the curfew and didn't arrest anyone until 40 minutes after the curfew started. They arrested some people for breaking the curfew. The majority of them didn't resist and went peacefully. The police went after others who ran who didn't really pose a threat and let them run away.

Where do people get the idea that screaming in the police's faces and damaging things is going to get anywhere? A lady who was interviewed said "they won't listen". Of course not, you're screaming at them. She wanted them to walk with the group but didn't ask but screamed. The police chief, who is black, came out and said he couldn't do that. He said that if everything is planned with the police and city knowing about it that they can make that happen. He couldn't find any information on the group that planned the chaos. Apparently the 3pm "event" was canceled and somehow this "event" started at 6pm (the curfew started at 7pm). One white guy got hit by something, (it was something from the police but I'm not sure what it was) and he's screaming that "I was just standing here, not doing anything and the police attacked " Sure, he wasn't doing anything, except for violating the city's curfew. What did he think was going to happen?
    Apparently there were about 200 people there and 12 were arrested.

There is something planned for 3pm on Wednesday and did what they were supposed to and the police chief is planning on walking with them. I hope everything stays peaceful and calm.

Watching the news now and the city an hour away that had a peaceful protest on Saturday had a big issue last night. There was a peaceful protest and then the people (not the peaceful protesters) started causing problems and made it into a riot and damaged a lot of things.

Clearly, this is not about George Floyd. Even his brother was pleading for people to stop.

Sorry, I know none of this is weight related but this is what's on my mind these days.

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    06/01 steps 10109
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @tryingagain5 I am so with you on the protests. Don't understand why people think yelling at anyone will get results. The other night in Raleigh a woman was telling a reporter that the cops were coming from all directions with tear gas to hurt everybody. The protest was mainly peaceful at that point so huh? The cops did not show up while I was watching. Was she just trying to incite the crowd? Why? There has been lots of property damage in Raleigh and people are cleaning up the next morning. crazy times right now
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday June 1
    Food Logged and under
    Water 36 oz
    Exercise-30 min and 20 min walk

I had a good day yesterday but was lazy and didn't eat the healthiest. I was lazy, I finished off MKs egg sandwich for lunch and then just had leftovers from the barbecue for dinner. New day today.
    Jim has an appointment with the pulmonologist today. I am very interested to hear what he has to say. His chest x-ray was normal. So I am hoping that means things will eventually get back to normal for him. He still feels his lungs aren't back to where they were. I agree but also think he isn't honest about where he was before he got sick. He wasn't in good shape. I will keep you posted. A friend of ours had another friend who got Covid when Jim did but had to go on the Ecmo machine. Jim was very close to that but thank goodness but improved before he got to that point. The man sadly died yesterday after over 2 months of being in the ICU and having complication after complication. We were so lucky Jim was able to recover from this.

I hope everyone has a great day today! There is a lot going on in the world that is out of our control. We can control what we eat and how much exercise we get. Let's stay on track through this!

@lennoncpa I also see pics where I thought I was fat and I was a normal weight. I am trying to work on negative self talk but it is hard when I have been doing it so long...
    @melaniescott I am so sorry! I got you confused with another new member! I will get it together I promise. Thank you for sharing the core exercises. I recently got over some hip issues so I actually have some PT exercises that are hip flexor stretches. I also do the bridge but with a band above my knees. I actually forgot I was supposed to progress to the one legged one. I will have to try that today. Sounds like a great day yesterday between the water, steps and workout! You are starting June strong!
    @ljdanny I can't believe your granddaughters are 7 and 3 months already! Good luck with being back at work. I hope all the changes go smoothly (I am assuming there will be changes lol) It sounds like you have a great plan moving forward. You are going to have a great June!
    @Cassiegetsfit2013 I am so sorry to hear this. Sending hugs
    @bburrer30 You certainly are starting June of on a good note! Great goals for the month too!
    @danisp I meant to tell YOU it was nice having another member from "down under". I do sometimes mess up the time difference so forgive me. Sounds like you are off to a good start to June too, what a workout! What app is that?
    @tryingagain5 It is on my mind too so I understand how you feel. I am sick about it. We had the national guard in yesterday so there didn't seem to be as much violence. They didn't seem to cover it on the news at least. I know a few sections of Philly had residents come out and protect the police stations and some businesses. They were armed with bats and even some snipers on roofs. This will be an issue to as they were white, armed and clearly ready for a fight and out after curfew. I don't know what the answer is but it isn't this. I also feel it is taking us away from what happened to George Floyd. I think everyone was horrified what happened and are ready to make changes. Then all these riots and looting started and the focus was turned to that. I do not feel like the riots are part of the protests, the people who are doing this do not care about Mr Floyd, they are using him as an excuse. How are things going otherwise? Sometimes with stressful times like this, exercise helps get some of that anxiety out. I surprisingly have not turned to food, I learned the hard way in April. I do need to up my exercise though. It is hard not to be watching TV for the lastest.
    @brown6267 Nice stepping there!!
    @pacsnc6 I think there are people out there who are inciting people and making it worse. I have heard a lot of stories about it and I am not sure what is true. I just hope this stops soon so we can move on and start making changes.
    @GingerPwr I love how you turned the day around yesterday. I know in the past I would feel bad, make bad choices and then just spiral downward. Hope you have a great day today. :)
    @Cafelelia I was going to add steps in and saw your step total for yesterday-AMAZING!!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Monday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 2.2l
    Excercise - 9.18 km walking (omg), 13 km overall

My apologies that my posts have been so brief these days. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes at month end for the moderators, so I was scrambling a bit. Also, the teachers are piling on the final sections of the curriculum in these last few weeks of school. I spent the entire day with my younger son yesterday on two projects and learning some geometry. My morning walking is going well as I sneak that in before the kids wake up. My husband wanted me to take another walk with him in the evening, which went ok, but I was tired this morning.

I am so sorry to all of you being affected by the protests and everything related. We get all of the news coverage here in Canada, but I am sure it is entirely another thing to be experiencing it up close and in real time. As with many countries around the world, there have been peaceful protests and marches across Canada as well, but there has been no violence, looting etc. Given my legal background (and personal beliefs), I am supportive of everyone’s rights to assembly, expression and equality (obviously within the framework and spirit of the law and rule of law), and I am praying for peace, for the violence to cease and a way forward.

@sleepymom5 - It may have been a lazy day, but it was still a good one! I hope that Jim’s appointment goes well and he continues to improve. His recovery has been a miracle really. That is so sad about that gentleman passing and my heart goes out to his family.

@GingerPwr - Wtg for not going off the rails yesterday! That is absolutely something to celebrate because learning that skill is part of your pathway to success. You are doing fabulous, remember that and don’t let one weigh in change it. Since I started Noom and daily weigh ins, I notice that my weight can fluctuate wildly certain weeks. There can be a number of reasons for it (some beyond our control like TOM), but the daily accountability is there to help us make healthy choices going forward. Thanks for the honesty in your posts, because we are here to support each other in the bad times, just as much as we are here to cheer each other on in our successes!

@pacsnc6 - I really hope that you continue to feel well, and it is just amazing how well you have done through treatment so far. One more to go, and we look forward to having you rejoin with weight loss team soon!

@tryingagain5 - I am so sorry about what you are experiencing right now. It is ok to vent you are under stress about it. Big hugs to you.

@dansip - Great day yesterday and amazing work out! So happy that you joined the team! Hope that this winter is a mild one for you!

@bburrer30 - Fantastic June goals and congratulations on having such a great May! I knew that you worked midnights, but I forgot that you had 3 kids one year apart each (and at ages where they really need mom). You are truly amazing!!

@CassieGetsFit2013 - I am so sorry about your dog and I hope that you can get this sorted out re your other dogs. Big hug.

@ljdanny - Although getting back to work was tough, getting back to a routine will probably be really nice. Please keep us posted on the xtreme. hip hop with Phil. That sounds intense!

@melaniedscott - Just reading your core work out made me tire! You are doing great!

@lennoncpa - Digging through old photos is a nice thing to do in quarantine. It is amazing how many of us thought we did not look good at certain ages, and now we look back thinking otherwise.

@mrsbell8well - Hope that you are doing well now that you are back in the office.

@podperson1 - Fantastic loss and you are doing great! You will be getting to that new weight decade in no time!

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Daily check in for Monday, June 1

Food: 14:10 IF Did well all day then went off plan at night
    Water: Good
    Steps & Exercise: 21,135 steps; walked dogs, mowed, weeded and shoveled bark

Did well all day and kept telling myself "don't eat your emotions". Pre-logged my food. Full day of yard work then came in and turned on the news. I am just a knot of emotions. Began snacking while on the phone with my husband then changed up dinner at the last minute from my plan of cooking pasta to just tossing something in the oven. Think I was OK on calories given my activity for the day but I'm trying to be less of a calorie counter and more of a create and stick to a healthy plan. Yesterday went down in flames. Today is a new day to do better.

Hubby got home safe and sound today from his 6 day round trip to PA to retrieve our RV. I didn't think he'd be back home until tomorrow or Thursday so I have to adjust my weekly meal plan. 6 days on the road... the man is crazy! LOL But that's one worry off my mind and will return a little structure into my life.

Terrific first week loss @barbb1557 and welcome back!!

@twyla77 Luke is such a cutie... I just love him! I don't think he takes a bad picture!!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. It saddens me to say this, but our little black fluffy dog was killed tonight. By two of OUR other big dogs...We're VERY upset and torn on what to do and don't even know what to think! Can't even look at them and I don't know if forgiveness can even be given...We're taking him to our Vet tomorrow to be cremated and my Sister doesn't know if we should tell them how it happened, we hate them for this, but we still don't want something bad to happen to them, we can't lose them too! 😭

I understand a bit what you're going through. I have 4 dogs. 2 huskys(they're 1 1/2 and 3)an American Eskimo(3 years)and a shih tzu(14 years). My 2 huskys have bitten my shih tzu a couple times. In their defense my shih tzu growls at them a lot when they are too close to her. But we also had a Guinea pig in my son's room. Well one evening I went in to feed him and as soon as I opened the cage the dogs all came running in. And my youngest husky reached up and grabbed poor Jack. I couldn't get them all away from him. There was no marks or blood but he still died from it. That was 3 months ago. I couldn't even look at my dogs or touch them or anything for awhile. I'm sorry that happened to you and your pup.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    June Goals-
    Weigh 147 By June 27th
    Complete dietary cleanse
    30 day of Yoga
    start walking program back up next week
    Week 3 add rowing
    Week 4 add weights and abs
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Daily check in Monday-
    Day 2 of cleanse went well.
    Day 1 of yoga done
    slept 9 hours
    lots of hydration, plenty of water

I always appreciate the mental benefits of fasting/cleansing. It gives me a chance to calm down and regroup.
    Last year I bought such a cute wardrobe in all the tiny sizes. Fortunately I am able to still wear most of it as I work my way back down. As much as I love shopping it's really nice to own just 1 size set of clothes. I refuse to buy anything in a larger size.
    My weight is already dropping quickly being strict these last few days. You all know I have primarily done this for health reasons but looking in the mirror this morning I can't deny how much better I look with the weight coming back off. I am addicted to being a skinny little thing. I love it!
    I am wearing a skirt today that I had bought years ago. It's so pretty and I waited years to wear it. I really enjoyed wearing it last summer and it fit just fine to wear today.

A surprising note regarding job transfer...apparently it is still a possibility. We're trying not to have feelings about it one way or the other. The higher ups have decided to make an exception and approve my transfer. That's if I get offered the job by the manager that I interviewed with. She got back from vacation yesterday so I am just waiting to hear.

@nstephenson01 Wow LOVE the ride! I really appreciated your words of support. They ring in my ear all day "if anyone can do it, it's you!" It struck a cord and I thought "She's right, I can and will do it!" Thanks!!!

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,281 Member
    Options
    twyla77 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

My name is Twyla, and I live in Calgary, Canada. I'm 42 years old and live with my rescue rabbit, Luke.

I've been a Fat 2 Fit team member for a long time, but I took a few months off due to work being busy and losing motivation, and all sorts of other excuses, but now I'm back! I'm hoping to lose around 10 pounds and maintain at 125lbs, but for the last year or so I've been stuck around 136lbs, recently getting back up to 140lbs.

I love treats & sugar. Anything sweet. I really have trouble with boredom / night snacking, especially while being laid off and home alone all the time! And like @nstephenson01 mentioned above, I am also a fast eater - I have trouble sitting down and eating mindfully - since I live alone, I find I usually eat while flipping through a magazine, or watching TV. I rarely sit down and just...eat.

I am currently on my 2nd last day of a 12 Day Cleanse called the Wild Rose D-Tox, and it's been awesome! There are lots of "rules" but it's going really well, and i am feeling so much better - I will definitely do this again. I was worried about cutting out all added sugar for 12 days, but it actually hasn't been too bad. I've noticed now that when i have something like a strawberry or blueberry, the natural sugar tastes so much sweeter to me, and does the trick to curb my cravings! I think a lot of my issues are mental (in more ways than one!) and I just need to break the "boredom = snack" habit.

@Cafelelia - you asked a few days ago if I have a plan on how I'm going to eat after the cleanse is done, and I think I may start the Whole 30 Plan on Friday - has anyone done it? I've always talked myself out of it because I was like "No sugar for 30 days? Forget it!" But now after doing this cleanse - I think I maybe can do it? I will miss chickpeas though, because I really like adding them to salads, and I like hummus, but maybe I'll discover something new! My sister has loaned me all of her Whole 30 Cookbooks, and she's full of tips as she's done it lots of times before!

@1theresamcvean I have shared a few pictures of little Lukey before, but here's one of him lying on his sheepskin rug lol. He's very spoiled. He'll be 3 years old in July - he was found in a box (with his brothers and sisters) just a few hours old (at best guess) and not doing too well, but Luke survived, and when he was strong enough to leave the Rabbit Rescue I adopted him! He's cage-free so he has full run of the apartment - he's litter trained and is very, very clean! Like me, he is very treat motivated lol.
    dz50bmeyud78.jpg

Hope everyone has a great week, and I'm excited to see us all do our best in June! (how is it June already?)

He us georgous, we had one called Hazel just the same colour!
This discussion has been closed.