WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - June 2020

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    3g2tph676qzn.png
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @sleepymom5

I agree. Violence and looting doesn't do anything but cause more problems. Being peaceful is possible.

The news this morning showed people of all races working peacefully together to clean up the city. Some who were interviewed said they were at the protest for a couple of hours and had left before things got out of hand. The organizers of the original peaceful planned protest didn't want anything like this to happen.

I know it didn't just happen here but has been happening everywhere. Senseless violence. So sad!🙁
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 207
    Current weight: 203

Wow! I felt that I was going to have a loss, but didn't expect 4lbs! I had things to tell you guys, but don't have a lot of time right now, just wanted to weigh in now and I'll be back later to chat! 😋🥰

Cassie wandered over to the WaistAways! Here is the post in her home :smiley:
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Welcome new and returning members!! I always enjoy the beginning of the month reading everyone's intro's and goals for the month.

I'm Nancy, originally from sunny California, relocated to Montana 8 years ago, married for 19 years and have 2 dogs...a pair of Brittany Spaniels named Gauge & Willow who are my exercise partners. My weight slowly crept on largely due to a long commute and desk job. I joined MFP January 2017 and F2F October 2017. Highest weight recorded on MFP was 220.5 I lost 50 pounds but have stalled out for sooooo long. Not sure about goal weight but would like to be in the range of 160 - 165. I'm 5'8". Lowest weight was 164 back in February but March and April were not good months for me. May wasn't much better, didn't lose my goal of 5 pounds, but did finish the month slightly less than I began and got into a routine of Intermittent Fasting.

My husband works on long term construction projects that take him away from home for extended periods of time. He was just home for a couple of months last winter then left for a project in Pennsylvania at the end of January. Mid March I packed up preparing to drive out to spend 2 months with him in Pennsylvania when the virus hit. The project was shut down, everyone laid off and he’s been home with me ever since. Its actually (surprisingly) really great having him home. Since we moved to Montana, he's never been home this time of year as he's always working out of state so we're able to complete many honey do projects with the better weather. Because he works in the Oil & Gas industry its not likely he'll return to work as quickly as originally thought.

We live on 45 acres so there's no shortage of opportunities to stay active. I exercise, especially hike, pretty much everyday. My downfall is food. I enjoy cooking and love eating! I struggle with portion control and and am disconnected from my hunger scale. I'm also a fast eater and fail at eating mindfully. Did I mention I’m also a confirmed plate cleaner and hate throwing away food. Gosh that's a lot of food related issues!!! LOL

Goals for June. I second the others who mentioned consistency. I was very inconsistent in May
    Weight: Get back into the 160's and stay there.
    Food: IF 5 days/week. Eat more fruits/veggies crowding out the bad stuff. When my husband and I get busy with outside chores I tend to reach for quick, less than healthy, foods if I get overly tired at the end of the day so I want to get back into the habit of planning our meals and possibly prepping some items.

Let's make June a successful month!

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    WEEK 1 Challenge is UP! Send your folks on over for an easy and practical one -
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10798612/two-magic-numbers-challenge-week-1-june#latest
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited May 2020
    Saturday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 2l
    Exercise - 5 km walk
    Just checking in quickly as the introductions keep rolling in. I had a good day yesterday and was on target for everything. I did a ton of healthy baking as promised to the kids. I forgot to mention in my goals that I am working on my sleep, which has been all over the place during quarantine. I am targeting an earlier bedtime and earlier wake ups, 8 hrs each night. Big hugs to everyone and here’s to a healthy June!

Welcome to our new members @dansip, @melaniedscott, and @Ademann!!! Please post an introduction when you are able!
    Welcome back @Barbb1557!! We missed you!!

FYI re the new Goal Zone on our spreadsheet.
    This zone was created to help team members stay at goal once they reach it. You provide your goal weight as a start (I advise your current weight or the upper end of your goal zone if you have one), and you weigh in each week for accountability to stay in your goal zone. If you rise above your zone, you can rejoin the weight loss team to get back. There are a few of you who are close to goal, so this may be useful for you. Participation is optional, but we are hoping this helps you with maintenance. Right now we have @brown6267 at goal, so let us know if you want to try this out. This is completely new and we are trying to figure out what works, so your feedback is welcome!

May Team Step Challenge
    If you have not already, please post your steps on this thread for the last week of May (May 24th to May 30th). I will post the Week 4 and Grand Finale winners tomorrow. To be considered for the Grand Finale, you must have provided your steps for all four weeks of the May Challenge (May 3rd to 30th).

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    @melaniedscott Hello and welcome! I love my walks too, but when it's raining, I like to put on a Leslie Sansone video on You Tube - I got introduced to her by people in this group - the videos are easy and you stay in a good fat burn zone pretty much the whole time. Here's a link to her channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia/videos

@kirsten11872 and @twyla77 Great losses!

@lenka1 You're doing great! Keep up that momentum through June!!!

@Barbb1557 Welcome back!!!

@Mrsbell8well That sounds like an amazing strategy! I know you'll see lots of improvement this month!

Yesterday was great - ate clean throughout the day EXCEPT for having chips and cheese dip from one of our favorite restaurants now that it's open again. I was up a total of 2 pounds since last week's weigh-in, but It's cool because I feel completely in control and tomorrow starts a long two months of intense workouts.

Did my fitness test today. Won't post numbers yet, because I'll post before and after pics and data when I'm done.

Y'all, we're going to kill it in June!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,978 Member
    ica3q79c67jq.jpg
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    zh5w3vz8mty0.jpeg
    For May Week 4, congratulations to our team winners: @Twyla77, @Zumba_Luvah and @kirsten11872! Congratulations to Twyla77 for placing 2nd for Individual % and Lbs lost for the entire F2F challenge!! Congratulations for @Zumba_Luvah and @kirsten11872 for making the F2F Week 4 Honorable Mentions!

For the May Grand Finale (all 4 weeks), congratulations to our team winners: @bburrer30, @Freeglerock, and @lenka1!
    A big apology to @bburrer30 as you should have been mentioned in the F2F Honorable Mentions, but there was an error in the spreadsheet tallies. So congratulations both @bburrer30 and @freeglerock for making it to the F2F Grand Finale Honorable Mentions!!

Congratulations to our entire team for 53.9% of us being in the Green Zone for Week 4, and 73.1% of us being in the Green Zone for the month of May! Congratulations to the following team members for all four weeks in the Green Zone”: @lenka1, @podperson1 and @cafelelia!

We are all winners for being on this healthy journey and supporting each other!!

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    You can add me to the maintenance part of the spreadsheet.

My maintenance range is 132 - 137. My current weight is 134.2 with weigh in on Saturday.

Thanks!
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Steps

S 10,445
    M 13,150
    T 15,195
    W 12,210
    T 11,169
    F 10,134
    S 10,442
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 572 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 207
    Current weight: 203

Wow! I felt that I was going to have a loss, but didn't expect 4lbs! I had things to tell you guys, but don't have a lot of time right now, just wanted to weigh in now and I'll be back later to chat! 😋🥰

Cassie wandered over to the WaistAways! Here is the post in her home :smiley:

Hahahaha, oops! HOW did I get there!! 🤷‍♀️ Lol. Thanks for bringing me back to my home!! 😂🥰
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Steps for Saturday - 4,108
This discussion has been closed.