Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, walking for 5.6 miles
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,057 Member
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Lately, as in this current calendar month, I have been finding that I am just plain not-really hungry at breakfast time, yet if I don't have the usual protein-rich breakfast (and often small but protein-rich lunch of greek yoghurt with fruit) then the wannna-graze nibbles set in later in the day.

@BMcC9
    I’ve gone through the same thing...

And learned to eat my breakfast anyway AND decrease what I eat in the evening until I AM hungry the next morning.

It usually occurs when I’ve eaten more of my calories late the evening before OR the weAther is really HOT!

If I cut back dinner & am still not hungry, I’ll eat 1/2-3/4 of my regular portions for each of my breakfast foods.

[quote="readyornot1234;

@BMcC9 and @Chinkiri - I seem to be in a transition phase too but can’t get a handle on it. Some days I’m hungry and eat my exercise calories and some days I have a hard time making my 1600 because I’m not hungry at all. I agree, it is frustrating. [/quote]

I go back & forth now that I’m in maintenance about whether our goal should be to eat the same # of calories each day!

I always eat at least 2,000 calories & then all of my exercise calories or possibly 100 fewer. I wish I had days like your’s when I didn’t want all 2,000!!! LOL

However, my body needs those calories to be healthy & to continue to increase fitness, too!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Yes x 3
    💚
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - I have been trying to get to maintenance for several weeks now and just can’t get there. I’m losing too much muscle and need to slow down/stop the weight loss for a few months. I’m working too hard lifting heavy weights to, at 55, retain whatever I still have. My calories are set to 1650 and on rest/light days, I manage to do okay but on days with exercise or high activity, I will have an extra 400-600 to play with and try to be around 2000-2200. I'm not getting there. I’m going to try setting my goal to 1900 and not worry about active/non active days since I think it will average out. I think my problem right now is not going to restaurants and bars. I had the opposite problem then — exceeding calories by a lot. What do you think?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - I have been trying to get to maintenance for several weeks now and just can’t get there. I’m losing too much muscle and need to slow down/stop the weight loss for a few months. I’m working too hard lifting heavy weights to, at 55, retain whatever I still have. My calories are set to 1650 and on rest/light days, I manage to do okay but on days with exercise or high activity, I will have an extra 400-600 to play with and try to be around 2000-2200. I'm not getting there. I’m going to try setting my goal to 1900 and not worry about active/non active days since I think it will average out. I think my problem right now is not going to restaurants and bars. I had the opposite problem then — exceeding calories by a lot. What do you think?

@readyornot1234
    What is your current BMI?
  • russaliak2313
    russaliak2313 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? - Yes, I had a 40-minute home workout (cardio, bodyweight, weights)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? - Yes, under budget.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? - Yes.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - after dropping 25 pounds BMI is now 23.6.
  • thelovelyjesse
    thelovelyjesse Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes B)

Budgeted? Yes B)

Track? Yes B)

Rings? Yes B)

Water? No :/
  • Lilutz
    Lilutz Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. Walked for 21 minutes.