SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @cre804 definitely counts! I also have a foam roller and I love it. I can’t say I always like it since it can find some pretty painful spots and knots, but it works. I’ve been lazy with mine and haven’t really been using it unless I get a facet joint lock in my spine and need to manipulate it out. It would be a lot better to use the roller regularly and not get joint locks in the first place.

@Beka3695 SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS?!? As in closer to thousand than zero? You’re motivating me to join your challenge as well. We should empty the pantry and freezer anyway so moving in December would be easier with less stuff to carry.
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Iamworthy14
    Monday’s
    PW 163.0
    CW 163.4
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sorry about late report for June, but site was down when I tried a cooker of times. Last Thursday 6/25 weigh in:

PW 133.6
    CW. 132.0

I have a feeling much of this was correction from a prior bad week and salt/ water.... but I'll take it.

I really am working on this "most of the time"...weekends are super tough to be good. We live on a lake and entertain, eat and drink our way through Fri-Sun. Then back to business Mon... logging foods, exercise and watching what I eat. 😒
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

I'm a big dummy!!! I left @luciicul of the list... she is in our maintenance zone on the spreadsheet and I just missed her -- Sorry Luci!!!
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Shandke wrote: »
    Sorry about late report for June, but site was down when I tried a cooker of times. Last Thursday 6/25 weigh in:

I really am working on this "most of the time"...weekends are super tough to be good. We live on a lake and entertain, eat and drink our way through Fri-Sun. Then back to business Mon... logging foods, exercise and watching what I eat. 😒

Me too girl! I bank calories during the week so that I can enjoy my weekends with the fam : )
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Calorie banker here, too! I will consume 50% more calories on the weekends than thru the week.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    SURPRISE CHALLENGE

As I said, I have some challenge ideas for you guys. Here's the first surprise challenge: try something new in the world of fitness, activity and exercising!

It could be something bigger like trying a new sport or group fitness class, or something as small as taking a new route on your walk or doing new stretches during the workday. Anything you feel like trying.

If you want to take part in this challenge, just do it and let us know how it goes. Who knows, maybe you find your new favorite this week!

Love this! My exercise routine has become almost non existent in the last couple of weeks..... today I have a lighter work day so pledge to do a new workout today. I got a new Fitbit last month so have 3 months on premium and keep promising myself to try out more of the features...... today is the day!
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yesterday went great foodwise til around 8pm.

I finished a particularly stressful 11.5 hours working and instead if the park walk I'd planned I opened a bottle of wine and raided the cupboards for anything and everything treat like. Sigh.

Today is a new day. Work will be less stressful and I will be kinder to myself.

Not letting this start to the week dictate the rest of it! Three yummy meals planned so, here goes!
  • hipari
    Options
    @kilobykilo today will be a better day! Let us know how the workout goes. I also have a Fitbit and haven’t really tried the extra features and workouts.

I’m going to try to do my own challenge more than once this week.

Yesterday I had planned on going to the gym but when the time came, I felt like sitting on my butt and playing on my phone instead of working out. I went anyway because I had carried my gym gear with me all day. I didn’t do my actual workout, but after a warm-up walk/jog I tried a new ab training machine and figured out how to set it correctly for my height so I can implement it to my routine later when I feel like actually doing the routine. My routine is planned by my trainer and includes a similar machine anyway, so this was long overdue. I didn’t really like this machine compared to the one at my previous gym, but it will do. Then, I hopped on a stationary bike for the first time in maybe 5 years. Technically not something new, but still very new to my routine. It was the kind where you sit on a chair and pedals are in the front, so extra comfortable for pedaling while playing on my phone. As a result, the workout was surprisingly good and I stayed there for half an hour and got a 200 calorie burn despite not wanting to go at all.

I rewarded myself with a specific frozen pizza I’ve been craving for a week for some reason, and it wasn’t even good. Meh.

On the more positive side, my weight is finally shifting and trendweight going down! Hoping for a nice number this week.
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ok I’m all late about this..

PW 252
    CW 250.5

Gotta get better at posting on time.. had no excuse this week except forgetting to logon and typing.. argh!
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I hope it's ok I do my weigh in a day early, tomorrow is Canada Day here so I know I might not be able to control cals. I would like to log my weight as end of June and start fresh July.

Weigh In Wednesday - tomorrow but today lol...
    KittyInBoots17:
    PW:229.2
    CW:227.6

I hope to do better this month. I say it every month, though. LOL. Happy new month to everyone!
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Also, so I don't look like a random...

I am 34, almost 35... and it looks weird to type it out and see it... But anyways... I love baking and cooking, gardening, and animals! I am trying to relose weight once again - I was down to 187 at one point but gained back to 227.2 now... I was 267 in 2015. I never did reach goal weight but I hope to. If I can lose weight, anyone can, so let's do this everyone!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    So Chinese takeout happened tonight. Baby had vaccinations today and he is soooo not happy. We opted for easy.

My daughter looked at me like I was growing a horn out of my forehead when I started weighing my food. But... I weighed and didn’t overeat and I am completely satisfied. My meal was under 500 cal and my overall cals (before exercise) are under for the day, too.

Taking the time to weigh my food resulted in a 485 cal meal. Had I eyeballed it - I’m sure I would have easily eaten 8-900, maybe 1000 calories AND I would be miserable.

Changing mindset takes a while. Keeping it takes FOREVER! I remember having this same thought when I was losing before. I have got to remember how easy it is to regain if you don’t continue to practice the skills that made you successful to start with.
  • hipari
    Options
    I forgot to set my alarm clock last night. This morning was also the first morning since February without construction noise starting at 7AM. Luckily I didn’t have any early morning meetings...

I reached a Happy Scale milestone today! They’re set about 2,6 lbs apart, so there really shouldn’t be any reason not reach them like every 2-3 weeks. The previous milestone was reached for the first time in January and a second time in the middle of May, so I’m not exactly on high speed here.

New goal for July: reach the next Happy Scale milestone, set at 212,1 lbs.

Other baby milestones I will do a little booty-shaking happy dance for, hopefully in the near future:
    Under 210 lbs
    Under 95 kg (209,2lbs so two celebrations close to each other)
    205 lbs
    ONE-DERLAND
    198,2 lbs = 89,9kg, which is my current main goal

Yesterday I started a weight loss challenge with a colleague. We agreed to have a team goal of losing a combined 5kg and 5cm from our waists, and then continue with sets of 5+5 until we’re happy. She’s a serial yo-yoer, she confessed she has lost a total of 550lbs (!!!) overtime from losing and gaining the same pounds. I hope we can both get good and permanent results from this challenge. We are trying to think of a reward for reaching the 5+5 goal, something like going to a concert, but everything is canceled.
  • hipari
    Options
    My vacation trip plans were finalized yesterday. I’ll be out of town from Saturday 18th to Sunday 26th, missing two weigh-ins. I will try to post an early weigh in on Saturday 18th to cover the 19th and a late weigh-in on Monday 27th to cover the 26th.

We’re going sailing in the archipelago for a week, and spending one day and night in the seaside city of Turku. I have visited the city countless times and have several friends there, but it’s always been just hanging out at their houses, so I’ve never really gotten to know the city.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    9sg4o8inwqkg.jpg

I'm ready for my diet roads!! I wanna run!! It's no fun to fight dogs where we live now. We only have a few weeks. We will be moved and I can run daily if I wanna miles and miles of dirt road!!! Pavement hurts my knees! Dirt don't though!!! I'm so ready!!! Been trying to eat better. Having my mom here has added some pressure to my life. Already carry a lot of pressure, owning a business, being the bread winner, and now... My crazy *kitten* mom!! Y'all keep me focused. Stress is what always causes me to climb back up the scale!! I'm trying but it's so hard to focus on me when they are all pulling at me ......sheesh Am I shiny yet????
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Weigh in Wednesday:
    PW: 159.0
    CW: 156.4

Loss is due to no extra snacking - I'm trying IF so that means once my window for eating is closed, I drink my water and/or sugar-free green iced tea; I've been getting in @ least 80 oz of water a day so hopefully I'm on the right track😁

Way to go Laurie!!

I’ve been doing a modified IF for a while and it has made a big difference for me.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Weigh In reminders
    @WishfulThinning18
    @mrsjhardin -- one NWI pending
    @samuel860
    @Curvybaja55

Thursday:
    @charlesscott78 - one NWI pending
    @boehle
    @Shandke
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Wednesday
    curvybaja55
    PW 175
    CW 172.4
    LTD 29.6
    The water weight from the salty foods is finally gone, took a week to get rid of it.
    Goals for July
    * 10,000 steps daily
    * Weight training 2X wk
    * Yoga 2x wk
    Hope everyone have a great day.
This discussion has been closed.