WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Team I’m going to ask to move to cheer squad for July. I will still be here. It’s been 2 years that I’ve been obsessed with the scale. I need a small break.
    I’ve lost 60 pounds and kept off 50. Been struggling to find my way back since my heart surgery.
    My back went out on me this weekend. Spent Sunday in bed. Went to chiropractor yesterday. Much better but tender.
    Now the bottom of my feet have a sore callous on each foot. What happened to the “athlete” that ran 5 miles, biked 34 and could manage strenuous hikes? I feel defeated and in pain. I honestly have tried twice now to very slowly get back to a fitness routine. Both times side lined. I’m not sure what to expect for my new norm. But I will keep exploring.

It sounds like you need some cheering! Pain stinks. It stops us in our tracks. Sometimes we can move through it but others it is telling us to slow down. You do so much for others...take a break and let them do for you for a bit.

Two years ago, I bent down to pick up a book (a teeny tiny book) and on the way up, something went in my back. I thought I could move through it...immediately did cat-cow-dog-child yoga sequences, which helped but boy did it hurt. Went to work, where I had first aid-cpr training (funny now but try doing cpr when you can hardly move! I needed some first aid!). Passed the class, gave up and saw thr doctor...gave me muscle relaxers and anti-inflamitories, said it might take 6 weeks to get back to normal. He wasn't wrong.

Point is healing takes time. You're used to doing-doing-doing...but this time, you'll need to do some resting. Do light stretches but take it easy. Maybe pick up some in-soles for your shoes. When my feet start crying, in-soles help a lot. But it important to get the right ones.

Really hope you start feeling relief soon!
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    f7l8ldv5ah0v.jpeg
    My first sourdough. Delicious! Not as pretty as Lisa’s @Cafelelia but I’m hoping to get there.

Looks fantastic to me. Yeah, I’m going to need directions to your house. I hope you have plenty of butter.

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    06/29 steps 8900
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    KristieJC wrote: »
    f7l8ldv5ah0v.jpeg
    My first sourdough. Delicious! Not as pretty as Lisa’s @Cafelelia but I’m hoping to get there.

Looks fantastic to me. Yeah, I’m going to need directions to your house. I hope you have plenty of butter.

And she can't fend us off! Great plan. I love sourdough but it is a lot of work!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @melaniedscott thanks for your kind words. I have been plagued with back issues for years. The weight loss and yoga transformed my body. I used to go to chiro monthly then went down to twice a year since I was doing so well. This is the second time to the chiro in 2 weeks. But it's much better today. just moving slow.

@KristieJC don't you worry girl! I have plenty of delicious butter and homemade jam. Actually I just scraped out the last little bit of the rhubarb strawberry jam. Thinking of making plum or cherry next. You come on over anytime. Where do you live?
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Monday's check in
    Food-logged and on target
    Water-at least 64 oz
    Exercise-30 min bike ride, 30 min kayak and at least 30 min walk

I am running a little late because I did my bike and kayaking early again today. I love it. It is so quiet on the bay in the morning. It is also nice because there isn't any cars when I am riding my bike too. I want to do this whenever I can. However, that doesn't leave me much time to check in here. Today I am meeting my Sister in law and her daughter's family for a beach day by them. I am driving so I won't be drinking, we are also bringing lunch so I told them I will bring my own. I am going to also bring some fruit incase I get hungry. They always have the best snacks and I don't want to be tempted. This will be good practice for telling myself no and for following the hunger scale.

I don't want to rush through my goals and my intro for the month so I will do it at another time. I know we are already 4 pages into this thread.

I hope everyone is having a great day! Let's finish June out strong!

@KristieJC There are quite a few calculations. Google it and see what one you like the best. I would think they would all average out about the same. This is one my friend uses-(# of miles /3)*2000 = conversion
    @Cafelelia Hope you enjoyed the stay at your Mom's. Safe travels back to Toronto.
    @melaniedscott and @Zumba_Luvah I am going to have my son look into it. It is promising to hear how people's symptoms have improved after following a gluten free diet.
    @jedaschultz Welcome to onderland!! Hope you have a great week this week!
    @podperson1 Nice loss! The scale is moving in the right direction!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Whoo Hoo! It is nice to see that one in the front of the numbers isn't it! :)
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Sounds like you are getting into a good routine with work and working out! Looking good in your picture! I wish I looked so pretty 1/2 way through my workout Lol!
    @ljdanny I am sure you are going to miss your son and granddaughter but we do raise them to be independent. Thats what I tell myself when I get sad when we aren't together anymore. Sorry about your frustrating June, but I love your goals for July! Let's make this a great month!
    @tryingagain5 Great job with the water!! It looks like you aren't as far off at the gym as you expected. You will be back where you were in no time!!
    @1theresamcvean You keep so busy! I guess that guy has to get a workout in when he can! Lol! You really do see it all in the city!
    @Mrsbell8well Hang in there! Sometimes I really do think you forget you're human Lol! You are being smart listening to your body. Take a break, do some gentle exercises. You know in the end you always get back to your workouts. Is this the first you are back to the chiropractor? It may just be from going months without your regular alignment. Hugs!
    @KristieJC and @melaniedscott Count me in too! I will meet you at @Mrsbell8well 's house!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    f7l8ldv5ah0v.jpeg

And she can't fend us off! Great plan. I love sourdough but it is a lot of work!

Melanie, maybe more calories are burned in the chewing. @KristieJC, if you cycle to the East Coast, you can have sourdough all day. LOL
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @melaniedscott thanks for your kind words. I have been plagued with back issues for years. The weight loss and yoga transformed my body. I used to go to chiro monthly then went down to twice a year since I was doing so well. This is the second time to the chiro in 2 weeks. But it's much better today. just moving slow.

@KristieJC don't you worry girl! I have plenty of delicious butter and homemade jam. Actually I just scraped out the last little bit of the rhubarb strawberry jam. Thinking of making plum or cherry next. You come on over anytime. Where do you live?

I vote for cherry next, and if you make it, I may bike right on through the Peace Bridge, and head down there. How much cherry jam would fuel my ride home? I mean, isn't it uphill to Canada?
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    JillyBT wrote: »
    How was your day? Yesterday I had to try and move / drain a pond of water out of the back of my parents backyard from a broken sprinkler. I got creative and used a water gun from the pool. It sucks up water and then you squirt it. Boy did I get an arm work out!

kdgo5nbgal66.jpg

Great form with the water gun, Jilly! Happy Anniversary today. I've asked to move your weigh-in day to Wednesdays. (I prefer mine mid-week as well.)
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 2l
    Excercise - 5 km walk

We had a nice day yesterday. The weather was hot, but so beautiful. I decided to stay an extra day here at my mom’s as my husband and older son are back in Toronto, so they can deal with the house stuff that I needed to do. I have attached a photo at the bottom from my morning walks. My mom lives in a small, border town, so across the water in the photo is the New York state!

@melaniescott 0 I am sorry that life got cray and I hope things settle down soon. I like your July goals!

@tryingagain5 - Way to go with the water and the exercise! So great that you are back with your trainer.

@1theresamcvean - Great exercising and mmm, pain au chocolate. Love the photo, it is so TO!

@mrsbell8well - We put in the request to move you to the goal zone as we discussed. You weigh in each week and can change your goal weight range as you wish. Just take the time that you need to feel better and find your new routine. I’ll be cycling down with Theresa to sample some bread and jam!

@sleepymom5 - So great how you are kayaking and cycling! Fantastic idea bringing your own snacks to the get together. I brought some of my own food to my mom’s for this visit so that I don’t have to eat so carb heavy. She liked what I was doing, so has starting cooking a lot more veggies in the past few days.

mj88xnf6ei9b.jpeg

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @Cafelelia That little beach in front of the bench in the right of the picture is where my sister and I used to cycle to and set up our little Bunson burner. There's a bit of a strong current there from what I can remember. Such a pretty town.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    qyxl485e1hke.jpg
  • KristieJC
    Options

I’m in Texas. Packing my bags now. The hub and kids can fend for themselves!
  • melaniedscott
    edited June 2020
    Options

Pick me up in KS? It's on the way...

I never make jam (except for kiwi) but I do love a good plum or cherry jam...
  • KristieJC
    Options
    Sure! How close is Lawrence to Manhattan? That’s where my brother lives. And I have family outside of Ark City. My parents grew up there.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    c7jaxuzdkw7d.jpeg

”Loss to Date” and Celebrating Our Milestones

Just a reminder to everyone that when you weigh in each week, you can add the LTD (“Loss to Date”) line under your current weight.
    Loss to date includes all weight that you lost so far, whether or not it was with F2F or MFP.

The F2F community will start doing recognition posts for losses of 25, 50, 75, and 100 lbs, in addition to the recognition posts that we already do for twoterland, onederland and goal.
    Folks on the weight loss team and in the goal zone can participate.

This is completely optional, so you don’t have to participate if you don’t want to.

• xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options

Pick me up in KS? It's on the way...

I never make jam (except for kiwi) but I do love a good plum or cherry jam...

wbskud7s9sms.jpg

Ouch. Kiwis are not quite the same thing here in New Zealand... this is your resident Kiwi talking! (We call the fruit a kiwifruit!)

This discussion has been closed.