DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,029 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I am new so.... Do we post our weight on the charts or in here? I tried posting it on the chart it gave me a blue box next to my name but it won't let me type anything

Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh in Day Friday
    SW: 269
    PW: 244.2
    CW: 242.1
    Total loss 26.9 lbs
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I am new so.... Do we post our weight on the charts or in here? I tried posting it on the chart it gave me a blue box next to my name but it won't let me type anything

you post it here. General format is something like:

UserName -- Weigh In
    Weigh In Day = Friday
    Starting Weight (SW) = 567.9
    Last Weight (LW) = 557.9
    Current Weight (CW) = 547.9

You can also list Total Lost to Date
    or - loss from LW

If you are posting on days that are not your weigh-in day, you would post: UserName - Check In

Scan entries 2-3 pages back and you'll see various versions ... so you can tailor it to fit your preferences.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »

you post it here. General format is something like:

UserName -- Weigh In
    Weigh In Day = Friday
    Starting Weight (SW) = 567.9
    Last Weight (LW) = 557.9
    Current Weight (CW) = 547.9

You can also list Total Lost to Date
    or - loss from LW

If you are posting on days that are not your weigh-in day, you would post: UserName - Check In

Scan entries 2-3 pages back and you'll see various versions ... so you can tailor it to fit your preferences.

Thank you so much :)
  • stephipeanut
    stephipeanut Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I had chosen Friday for my weigh-day too. I weighed myself this morning and was 85,7 kg / 188.9 lb. I started with 87,5 kg / 192.9 lb last Sunday. 😁💦💪🏻
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    Check-In: Thursday, July 02

•Log all food: No ❌
    •Under Calories: No ❌
    •Exercise: No ❌
    •Water: 1.5 L ❌
    •Steps: 11,768 ✅
    •Self-Care: I have a friend that is making her own organic natural skin care products and helped share her products on Facebook and purchased some gift baskets for my kids teachers. ✅

Not the best day yesterday but slowly getting my energy back. Made it to the gym this morning and trying to get back to logging my food. I dropped the ball for a couple of days. I’ve been trying to make healthy choices but didn’t bother logging anything.

July goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.

You will get there with the logging. Great job on the healthy choices.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    I switched my weigh-in day for Friday, so here we go:

Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Fridays
    PW (Previous Weight): 192.8lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 190.4lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 58.7lbs

Steps:
    • Monday June 29: 12 847
    • Tuesday June 30: 15 888
    • Wednesday July 1: 9 953
    • Thursday July 2: 12 034

[/quote]

Congrats on the loss! I will move you to Friday’s in the spreadsheet.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited July 2020
    Options

Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh in Day Friday
    Total loss 26.9 lbs

The spreadsheet is read only access. I enter the weights when you post here. Awesome loss this week!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

I had chosen Friday for my weigh-day too. I weighed myself this morning and was 85,7 kg / 188.9 lb. I started with 87,5 kg / 192.9 lb last Sunday. 😁💦💪🏻

I apologize that I didn’t tag you this morning. Amazing loss this week. Great start to the challenge.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh in Day Friday
    Total loss 26.9 lbs

The spreadsheet is read only access. I enter the weights when you post here. Awesome loss this week!

Thank you so much Linda :smiley:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone --

The F2F Moderators have an announcement that is both sad and happy. We would like to thank Lisa @cafelelia for her wonderful service as a Moderator since December. Lisa has decided to step down due to family and professional life, the changes due to COVID-19, and wanting to concentrate her energies on her own wonderful team, WeightNoMore. We will miss her wise words, her awareness of the intricacies of the human interactions in a community such as F2F, and her wonderful sense of humour. It was fantastic working together, particularly through the big changes from December to January, and I'm sure we'll be asking her advice from time to time even if she is no longer taking on the weekly tasks she has so aptly performed.

Thank you Lisa! We will miss you as Moderator, but your team will be extra happy to have you all to themselves!

Best wishes from @jugar @Beka3695 and @TeresaW1020 - I am sure everyone on F2F wishes you well Lisa!!!!
    8pc47e1rrfgh.png
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Weigh-In:
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    Weigh-in week: 1
    Previous weight: 191.6
    Current weight: 189.4

Check-In: Friday, July 03

•Exercise: Gym Session ( ❤️+💪🏻) ✅
    •Water: 3 L ✅
    •Steps: 16,273 ✅
    •Self-Care: today I tried to do hanging knee raises and succeeded! ✅

Had a much better day yesterday but still need to fix my food logging. I start off ok in the morning then I totally drop the ball towards the evening and forget to add my foods.

Today I plan on doing my Zumba and then catching up with my last strength training session as I missed one this week. Wishing you all a wonderful Saturday ❤️❤️

July goals:

• mari_moulin
    Options
    JULY SELF CARE CHALLENGE

It’s day 7 of our Self Care challenge! Go for a 30 minute walk!

4qj4unvqx6jw.jpeg
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 4/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 5/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 6/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)

July Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 8.2 lbs or approx. 2 lb/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - 3000
    06/29 - 3000
    06/30 - 3000
    07/01 - 3000
    07/02 - 3000
    07/03 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - Did 20 min stretching routine
    06/29 - Treat myself to fudgesicle on glider outside in shade
    06/30 - Give myself a pedicure
    07/01 - not a chance! LOL
    07/02 - Do my Granddaughter's dishes (wash/dry/put away)
    07/03 - 5-Minute Standing Flat-Belly Workout | Class FitSugar

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Feed & Water animals done
    Vacuum and Mop kitchen floor
    Sweep and Mop bathroom floor
    Yardwork: water hanging plants ... weed whack north, south, east, west perimeter[/quote]

Well done with your flat belly workout and you are doing an amazing job reaching your step goal daily! Well down Cesse!!
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    I switched my weigh-in day for Friday, so here we go:

Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Fridays
    PW (Previous Weight): 192.8lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 190.4lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 58.7lbs

Steps:
    • Monday June 29: 12 847
    • Tuesday June 30: 15 888
    • Wednesday July 1: 9 953
    • Thursday July 2: 12 034

Got your steps in! Great loss this week!! Keep up the great work. Hope all is well in Paris these days.
  • mari_moulin
    Options

Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh in Day Friday
    Total loss 26.9 lbs

Amazing loss for you this week Megan!! Your plan is working so keep it up!

• mari_moulin
    Options
    I forgot to talk about this....as many of you know I’ve been struggling with sleep due to waking up early for my workout sessions. I have to get it done super early as I must be home with the kids before 7 as I have to get them ready for school. It’s extremely difficult to get myself to the gym any other time. So I experimented with napping and this only made it worse. I was sleeping even less at night as I was then going to bed super late because I couldn’t sleep due to my nap. It’s hard getting myself to bed early as my kids don’t go to bed early no matter how hard I try, so I am forced to stay up with them until well passed 9pm. Well I decided to try something new last night to see how it went. After dinner we all sat on the sofa for a movie and I started my night there. They safely watched their movie while I got my first hour and a half of sleep. I then got everyone in bed and went to my own bed and slept again. Result over 9 hours of sleep last night. I did have a break in my sleep cycle early on but this worked out much better than the night before. One difference is I didn’t need to wake up super early this morning. Had I woken up at 4:30 I would have gotten 7 hours of sleep which is still better than what I usually get. On a good note I can now wake up at 5:30 instead as school is over and I can be home by 8 rather than 7 so if I can make this new schedule work I can get my 8 hours of sleep each night 🤞🏻.

How are you doing with your sleep?
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cesse - age 72 - Weigh-In

295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.1 lbs - weighin on 07/04 -- loss = 2.1 lbs -- (17.5 lb total loss to date)

Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - 3000
    06/29 - 3000
    06/30 - 3000
    07/01 - 3000
    07/02 - 3000
    07/03 - 3000
    07/04 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    07/04 - Work outside total of 30 min

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Yardwork: water hanging plants ... weed whack north, south, east, west perimeter
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Weigh-In:
    Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    Weigh-in week: 1
    Previous weight: 191.6
    Current weight: 189.4

Check-In: Friday, July 03

•Exercise: Gym Session ( ❤️+💪🏻) ✅
    •Water: 3 L ✅
    •Steps: 16,273 ✅
    •Self-Care: today I tried to do hanging knee raises and succeeded! ✅

Had a much better day yesterday but still need to fix my food logging. I start off ok in the morning then I totally drop the ball towards the evening and forget to add my foods.

Today I plan on doing my Zumba and then catching up with my last strength training session as I missed one this week. Wishing you all a wonderful Saturday ❤️❤️

July goals:

Well done on the loss this week! One thing that helps me with logging is to pre log my foods in advance. That way all I have to do is change the serving sizes once I weigh and measure everything.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I forgot to talk about this....as many of you know I’ve been struggling with sleep due to waking up early for my workout sessions. I have to get it done super early as I must be home with the kids before 7 as I have to get them ready for school. It’s extremely difficult to get myself to the gym any other time. So I experimented with napping and this only made it worse. I was sleeping even less at night as I was then going to bed super late because I couldn’t sleep due to my nap. It’s hard getting myself to bed early as my kids don’t go to bed early no matter how hard I try, so I am forced to stay up with them until well passed 9pm. Well I decided to try something new last night to see how it went. After dinner we all sat on the sofa for a movie and I started my night there. They safely watched their movie while I got my first hour and a half of sleep. I then got everyone in bed and went to my own bed and slept again. Result over 9 hours of sleep last night. I did have a break in my sleep cycle early on but this worked out much better than the night before. One difference is I didn’t need to wake up super early this morning. Had I woken up at 4:30 I would have gotten 7 hours of sleep which is still better than what I usually get. On a good note I can now wake up at 5:30 instead as school is over and I can be home by 8 rather than 7 so if I can make this new schedule work I can get my 8 hours of sleep each night 🤞🏻.

How are you doing with your sleep?

Overall, my sleep is pretty good. The only thing is I have a bad shoulder and I am desperate need of a cortisone shot. It has been waking me up a lot at night so I find I am getting up later in the morning. I find I function best on 8 to 8.5 hours sleep a night. Lately, I have been averaging 7 to 7.5 hours even with getting up later. Some hospitals are starting to have appointments again so I should be able to get the shot soon.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Weigh-In

295.4 lbs - weighin on 04/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 05/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 06/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    291.1 lbs - weighin on 07/04 -- loss = 2.1 lbs -- (17.5 lb total loss to date)

Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - 3000
    06/29 - 3000
    06/30 - 3000
    07/01 - 3000
    07/02 - 3000
    07/03 - 3000
    07/04 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    07/04 - Work outside total of 30 min

TASKS FOR TODAY ---
    Yardwork: water hanging plants ... weed whack north, south, east, west perimeter

Congrats on the loss this week. You are doing great on the self care!
This discussion has been closed.