DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Options
    Hi Team
    I am Rochelle and I am from Canada but living in Michigan USA. I am 33 years old, no children yet but we have a couple of fur babies a husky and a golden retriever. My highest weight was 278 back in December of 2013. Since then I have been up and down, I tend to do good for a couple months and then things tend to derail, I am hoping this time is for good. My last restart was May 1 of this year at 244.9

Sunday June 28 check in
    Steps 6249
    Water- semi okay, 1.7L
    Food tracking - fail

July’s goal
    - get back on track drinking water
    - Log food
    - Do exercise in the mornings before it gets too hot.

I am not far from Michigan. I am 1 hour east of Port Huron.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    6/29 steps 4660
    Sunday was good
    Today my eating was horrible
    Tomorrow is a new day and a day to correct today.

It’s just one bad day. You got this!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 4/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 5/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 6/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)

July Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 8.2 lbs or approx. 2 lb/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - 3000
    06/29 - 3000
    06/30 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - Did 20 min stretching routine
    06/29 - Treat myself to fudgesicle on glider outside in shade
    06/30 - Give myself a pedicure

Tasks for Today ---
    Move trash bins to curb
    Pay Bills
    Water plants and hanging baskets
    Create grocery order for delivery
    Pedicure

Have a great day everyone!! 😺

A pedicure sounds so nice. A still haven’t booked my reward pedicure for my weight loss so I must do that. Sounds like another busy day for you.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    28 June 9.750 steps
    29 June 21.749 steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 45 minute walk
    Water: ✅

Steps 6/29 13,071

Today I am going to the beach with my daughter and grandkids. We are taking the kids to a fry place for lunch. I will only get the smallest order possible. I should be able to stay under my calorie goal for the day. I have supper on in the slow cooker so I don’t have to worry about that when I get home. I only got a little over 15 minute walk this morning as I had a lot to get done. I will try for another 15 when I get home but I don’t think I will get my 10,000 steps in today.

Happy Tuesday!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. 10,000 steps
    5. Bed by 10:30 pm
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/29: 16,403
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Check-In: Monday, June 29

•Log all food: Yes ✅
    •Under Calories: Yes ✅
    •Exercise: Gym (💪🏻+❤️) and Zumba ✅
    •Water: 3 L ✅
    •Steps: 30,638 ✅
    •Self-Care: Tried a new machine at the gym ✅

I am running so late today. It’s been a busy day running around with the kids and appointments and it doesn’t look like tomorrow will be any better. At least tomorrow there is no school runs as there is no school on Wednesday. Thank goodness it’s the last week of school here then summer break.

I’m keeping to my gym sessions and drinking lots of water. My food can improve but it’s not too bad. Scale is still going up and down the same lb since last week.

Wishing you all a happy tuesday💪🏻❤️👍🏻

July goals:

•Log all food. The good the bad and the ugly!
    •Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal.
    •Do at least 30 minute workout each day.
    •Drink at least 2L water each day.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps each day.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    JULY SELF CARE CHALLENGE

It’s day 3 of our Self Care challenge! Call a friend or family member. Let us know how they are doing 😘

4qj4unvqx6jw.jpeg
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    ainniss77 wrote: »
    ainniss77
    Previous weight: 174
    Current weight: 171.4
    Loss to date: 2.6

Amazing loss!! Well done this week 👍🏻

Hi team DOWNSIZERS! I'm Stephi from Germany (please don't mind my English spelling). I am 28 years old and currently weigh 87 kg / 191.8 lb. Four years ago I weighed 65 kg / 143.3 lb. Since I changed my job (I now work in an office) and have been in a relationship for just over 4 years I have gained a lot of weight. I would love to maybe one day fit back into my old clothes (since I have so many) so I'm looking forward to the next weeks with you guys.

My highest weight was: May 2019: 94,6 kg / 208.5 lb
    Lowest weight without proper effort: September 2019 80,3 kg / 177 lb
    Current weight: June 2020 87 kg / 191.8 lb

Since I don't have a step tracking device except from my iPhone which I don't carry around with me all the time I can't really track my exact steps but my goal is to go for a 5 k / 3.1 mile walk every evening. :smiley:

I eat mainly plant based and try to cook everything myself. I prep smoothies in mason jars and freeze them so I haven't really been weighing out all my ingredients.

That's all for now but I will be checking in every day and cheering you guys on. :smiley:

I'm very happy to be part of this team! x

Welcome to the team! I’m in France so not too far from you! I’m happy you’ve joined us and alloys to join you on your journey!
    Check-in Sunday, 28.06.2020

•Food:

Fresh pineapple
    Slice of homemade cake
    Slice of homemade spinach quiche
    Fresh pineapple
    Fresh red currants
    Haribo Sweets

•Water: 2.4 Liter

•Exercise: 5 km / 3.1 mile walk

•Highlights: cleaned the oven, played a board game, husband ordered pizza and I resisted :smiley: (proud!!) and only had ONE BITE of his :smiley:

Previous weight: 208.5 lb / 94,6 kg
    05/2019
    Current weight: 191.8 lb / 87 kg
    06/2020
    Loss to date: 16.7 lb / 7,6 kg

I also love quiche and love making my own. We can easily buy them ready made but it’s just not the same. I make a mean Mexican quiche!

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Exercise: 48 minute walk

Steps 6/28 10,958

Self care challenge: declutter and cleaned stand in kitchen (long overdue)

My water weight from my pizza indulgence Friday night is almost gone. We had breakfast for supper last night so I think the bacon and sausage will cause it to hang around for another day or two.

I am trying this week to rid myself of my Cheerios for a snack at night habit. They are to high in sugars and my blood glucose readings have been sneaking up in the mornings lately. I like them cause I would eat one cheerio at a time and it makes the snack last forever. Now to figure out something I like that will like and take me awhile to eat.

Have a super day all!

Today’s goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Walk minimum 30 minutes ✅
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. 10,000 steps

Great job with the self care! I love doing breakfast for supper. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and when I get to do it twice I’m a happy girl. Good luck finding an alternative snack to Cheerios. Not easy finding a low calorie alternative to something like that. Other than fresh cut veggies 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m clueless.
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    Murphyi150
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW : 164.4
    CW : 164.4

Great maintain! 💪🏻
    Steps 6/28: 17,057

Gotcha!
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Hey everyone, glad to be back for July!

I'm in for the step challenge again (not the jump rope challenge - just didn't manage to do it as I wished to last month)

Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Fridays
    PW (Previous Weight): 190.6lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 192.8lbs
    LTD (Loss to Date): 55lbs

Steps:
    • Saturday, June 27: 11 536
    • Sunday, June 28: 21 747

Added you to the step challenge and Got your steps in. I also can’t do the jump rope challenge. I’m back at the gym and Zumba and that would just be too much on my knee. I wish I could tho it’s so much fun.
    wbs2020 wrote: »
    I forgot to post yesterday!

PW: 166.0
    CW: 165.1

Nice loss! Well done!
    dabbers18 wrote: »
    Oops a day late due to flat batteries.
    CW...220..STAYED SAME
    STEPS....29495 IMPROVING
    June wasn't the best of months so here's to July.
    JULY GOALS
    Plan all meals especially for work.
    Eat more fruit & veg.
    Drink more water.
    Log all food (even the bad).
    Post daily to make me more accountable to myself.
    Get that bloody wii fit out 😡😡.
    Get up earlier and sleep more.
    I can and will do better this month.
    REMEMBER WE ARE ALL AWESOME IN OUR OWN WAY. ❤

THE JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES STARTS WITH JUST ONE STEP. 😁😁😁

One step at a time! I got your steps in and well done maintaining your weight. Wishing the best with your goals for July! You can do this 💪🏻
    Check-in Monday, 29.06.2020

•Food:

Fresh pineapple
    Small homemade Smoothie: frozen mixed berries, banana, orange, scoop vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, crushed flaxseeds, water
    Homemade Spinach-soup full of cauliflower and sweet corn
    Large homemade Smoothie:
    Spinach, pineapple, orange, grapefruit, carrot, crushed flaxseeds, chia seeds, barley grass powder, water

•Water: 3 Liter

•Exercise: 5 km / 3.1 mile walk

•Highlights: dog walk on Lunch break, helped my parents, little peeling & spa moment in the shower, TV evening with hubby

Previous weight: 208.5 lb / 94,6 kg
    05/2019
    Current weight: 191.8 lb / 87 kg
    06/2020
    Loss to date: 16.7 lb / 7,6 kg

Nice looking day there! Spinach soup sounds interesting. Peeling and spa moment in the shower! WIN! Wish I had time to do that.
    Hi Team
    I am Rochelle and I am from Canada but living in Michigan USA. I am 33 years old, no children yet but we have a couple of fur babies a husky and a golden retriever. My highest weight was 278 back in December of 2013. Since then I have been up and down, I tend to do good for a couple months and then things tend to derail, I am hoping this time is for good. My last restart was May 1 of this year at 244.9

Sunday June 28 check in
    Steps 6249
    Water- semi okay, 1.7L
    Food tracking - fail

July’s goal
    - Log food

Got you on the step challenge and added your steps. For worry when you serial while on this journey. The important thing is to always get back on the right path and never stop trying.
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    6/29 steps 4660
    Sunday was good
    Today my eating was horrible
    Tomorrow is a new day and a day to correct today.

Got your steps in. Thank goodness for new days. Leave today in the past where it belongs. Pull yourself together now and knock it off mister!
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 4/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 5/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 6/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)

July Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 8.2 lbs or approx. 2 lb/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - 3000
    06/29 - 3000
    06/30 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - Did 20 min stretching routine
    06/29 - Treat myself to fudgesicle on glider outside in shade
    06/30 - Give myself a pedicure

Tasks for Today ---
    Move trash bins to curb
    Pay Bills
    Water plants and hanging baskets
    Create grocery order for delivery
    Pedicure

Have a great day everyone!! 😺

Nice day there! Great job with your goals and challenges!

• mari_moulin
    Options
    28 June 9.750 steps
    29 June 21.749 steps

Gotcha!
    Monday’s check in
    Exercise: 45 minute walk

Steps 6/29 13,071

Today I am going to the beach with my daughter and grandkids. We are taking the kids to a fry place for lunch. I will only get the smallest order possible. I should be able to stay under my calorie goal for the day. I have supper on in the slow cooker so I don’t have to worry about that when I get home. I only got a little over 15 minute walk this morning as I had a lot to get done. I will try for another 15 when I get home but I don’t think I will get my 10,000 steps in today.

Happy Tuesday!

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Drink 8 cups of water
    4. 10,000 steps

Have a good day at the beach Linda 🏖. I’m sure you will get lots of steps walking on the sand ❤️
    Steps 6/29: 16,403

Gotcha!

• stephipeanut
    stephipeanut Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Check-in Tuesday, 30.06.2020

•Food:

3 small (but well filled) store bought white tortilla wraps with homemade filling (mushrooms, red bell pepper, zucchini, carrot, onion, black beans, spices and bbq sauce wrapped in endive and Lollo Rosso lettuce + wheat wraps)

Half a kohlrabi

Fresh red currents

Medium size (looked huge to me 😁) Frozen Yoghurt with fresh watermelon as topping 🍉🍦

•Exercise: 5 km / 3.1 mile walk walk uphill elevation gain 163 m / duration 0:56:42 💪🏻💦

•Highlights: managed my first Liter of water on empty stomach in the morning before eating solid food, bought 10 lavender sachets on amazon yesterday after a huge moth flew out of my closet as I opened the closet door 😝 - sachets arrived today and I have put them in every corner I could find, little nail filing spa moment 💅🏻, treated hubby to frozen yogurt but was a good girl only getting watermelon as my topping 🍉🍦

•Notes: •Still hoping for our swimming baths to open soon. It’s closed due to Covid. They offer „early-bird swimming“ from 6:30 am until 8:00 am for only $2.25.
    •Not going to weigh myself every day so hopefully the result at the end of the week will be a nice surprise.

Starting weight: 192.9 lb / 87,5 kg
    Current weight (morning): 191.1 lb / 86,7 kg
    Loss to date: 1.7 lb / 0,8 kg
  • destiny_sierra
    destiny_sierra Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Team

Sunday June 28 check in
    Steps 6249
    Water- semi okay, 1.7L
    Food tracking - fail

July’s goal
    - Log food

My home in Canada is St. Thomas, just east of London, I like being close between homes but with the border being closed it has been a challenge.

Check in June 29
    Steps - 17,078
    Calories - Under
    Water - Fail

Working on getting everything back to normal and that will come, I start off each day good and then as the day goes on I lose track.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

I am running so late today. It’s been a busy day running around with the kids and appointments and it doesn’t look like tomorrow will be any better. At least tomorrow there is no school runs as there is no school on Wednesday. Thank goodness it’s the last week of school here then summer break.

I’m keeping to my gym sessions and drinking lots of water. My food can improve but it’s not too bad. Scale is still going up and down the same lb since last week.

July goals:

That’s an impressive amount of steps! That’s 2.5 to 3 days worth for me. Well done!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-in Tuesday, 30.06.2020

•Food:

3 small (but well filled) store bought white tortilla wraps with homemade filling (mushrooms, red bell pepper, zucchini, carrot, onion, black beans, spices and bbq sauce wrapped in endive and Lollo Rosso lettuce + wheat wraps)

Half a kohlrabi

Fresh red currents

Medium size (looked huge to me 😁) Frozen Yoghurt with fresh watermelon as topping 🍉🍦

•Exercise: 5 km / 3.1 mile walk walk uphill elevation gain 163 m / duration 0:56:42 💪🏻💦

•Highlights: managed my first Liter of water on empty stomach in the morning before eating solid food, bought 10 lavender sachets on amazon yesterday after a huge moth flew out of my closet as I opened the closet door 😝 - sachets arrived today and I have put them in every corner I could find, little nail filing spa moment 💅🏻, treated hubby to frozen yogurt but was a good girl only getting watermelon as my topping 🍉🍦

•Notes: •Still hoping for our swimming baths to open soon. It’s closed due to Covid. They offer „early-bird swimming“ from 6:30 am until 8:00 am for only $2.25.
    •Not going to weigh myself every day so hopefully the result at the end of the week will be a nice surprise.

Starting weight: 192.9 lb / 87,5 kg
    Current weight (morning): 191.1 lb / 86,7 kg
    Loss to date: 1.7 lb / 0,8 kg

You have the most delicious food! I am coming to Germany to eat at your house. lol
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi Team

Sunday June 28 check in
    Steps 6249
    Water- semi okay, 1.7L
    Food tracking - fail

July’s goal
    - Log food

My home in Canada is St. Thomas, just east of London, I like being close between homes but with the border being closed it has been a challenge.

Check in June 29
    Steps - 17,078
    Calories - Under
    Water - Fail

Working on getting everything back to normal and that will come, I start off each day good and then as the day goes on I lose track.

I remember that from before. I am in London. We went to Port Stanley today, so we drove right past St. Thomas. As long as you keep trying you are winning. I shudder to think where I would be if I ever stopped trying.
  • chassp8pooh
    chassp8pooh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Between the new job and just ick I've gotten bad at remembering to weigh in.
    Last Week 198
    Current Week 187.2
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    6/30 steps 3245
  • stephipeanut
    stephipeanut Posts: 12 Member
    Options

July goals:

Woow your amount of steps are amazing!! Great job!!
This discussion has been closed.