DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• stephipeanut
    stephipeanut Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Check-in Wednesday, 01.07.2020

•Food:

10:50 am Homemade Spinach-soup full of cauliflower and sweet corn (leftovers) with a tbsp of each white and black sesame seeds

11:10 am Small bowl of nuts for snacking on over the day. 30 g unsalted cashews, 30 g unsalted peanuts and 20 g unsalted almonds ... Guess how many calories ... 🙈 476 (!!!) 😝 wooow I’m going to really enjoy these and spread them over the day. Never realized they had sooo many calories. 🌰🥜

3:20 pm Bowl of nuts is empty. Snacked two baby potatoes (I had cooked for hubby’s lunch)

.... that’s it for today. Not much but drinking all this water makes me really full at the moment.

•Water: 3 Liter water + 0,4 Liter Detox Night tea (drinking just now before bed)

•Exercise: 5 km / 3.1 mile walk walk uphill elevation gain 163 m / duration 0:52:46 #5kaday (yeay new record!)

•Highlights: decluttered my mason jar drawer and sorted loads of jars out to give my mother-in-law, went for my 5 k walk even though the weather has been horrible all day 🌧💪🏻💦

•Notes: Woke up pretty late (at 8:00 am). Need to start getting up earlier.
    Managed my first Liter of water on empty stomach in the morning before eating solid food.

Starting weight: 192.9 lb / 87,5 kg
    Current weight (morning): 190.6 lb / 86,5 kg
    Loss to date: 2,2 lb / 1 kg
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone ......... I am new to F2F ... I was assigned to your team this morning :) .... My name is Megan I was born in Canada but have lived in California most of my life ..... I am a single mom to 2 wonderful kids ... My son is 20 years old so he doesn't live with me anymore ..... I have a 14 year old daughter whom I homeschool (she has been on honor roll every year ...she will be a sophomore in August .... I have 2 fur baby dogs .. a German Shepherd named Dakota....and a Husky named Aspen (they are both 2 years old) ... I have 2 fur baby cats named Mocha and Kylie (they are both almost 15) and I have a parrot named Petey ..... I am not new to MFP I have been on this site off and on since 2009 ... I had a bad habit of giving up and deleting my accounts ... I can't give up again and I won't give up .... I am type 2 diabetic ... I need to lose 100+ lbs .... I am back on keto ....I am happy to say that I have lost 24 lbs.... Looking forward to being on this team and getting to know all of you :)

SW 269
    CW 244.2
    GW 140-145

Welcome to the team! I am a fellow type 2 diabetic. My a1c has improved drastically since I have started losing weight. My next goal is to fully get off insulin. My insulin has dropped from 88 units to 24 and my a1c is still in the non diabetic range.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,390 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone ......... I am new to F2F ... I was assigned to your team this morning :) .... My name is Megan I was born in Canada but have lived in California most of my life ..... I am a single mom to 2 wonderful kids ... My son is 20 years old so he doesn't live with me anymore ..... I have a 14 year old daughter whom I homeschool (she has been on honor roll every year ...she will be a sophomore in August .... I have 2 fur baby dogs .. a German Shepherd named Dakota....and a Husky named Aspen (they are both 2 years old) ... I have 2 fur baby cats named Mocha and Kylie (they are both almost 15) and I have a parrot named Petey ..... I am not new to MFP I have been on this site off and on since 2009 ... I had a bad habit of giving up and deleting my accounts ... I can't give up again and I won't give up .... I am type 2 diabetic ... I need to lose 100+ lbs .... I am back on keto ....I am happy to say that I have lost 24 lbs.... Looking forward to being on this team and getting to know all of you :)

SW 269
    CW 244.2
    GW 140-145

Welcome to the team! I am a fellow type 2 diabetic. My a1c has improved drastically since I have started losing weight. My next goal is to fully get off insulin. My insulin has dropped from 88 units to 24 and my a1c is still in the non diabetic range.

Thanks .... I was hospitalized back in Jan. 2019 with the flu/pneumonia where I also found out I was type 2 diabetic ... I was on insulin too but have not been on it for awhile now .... I was subscribed victoza but I took myself off of it due to running out of needles and having migraines (dr. will know tomorrow ) I cut my metformin in half so I take 1 pill instead of 2 ...no more migraines ... My a1c went from 8.1 to 6.1 when have more labs either this month or next ..will find out tomorrow when I see my dr ... one of my goals is to get off alllllllll meds
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 28 minute walk total
    Water: ✅

Self care
    Monday: I took time to write some positive affirmations
    Tuesday: I called my dear friend Marg. I have not really wanted to talk on the phone lately so this took me out of my comfort zone.

Steps 6/30 7,949

Had a lovely day at the beach. 🏖 spent a lot of time in the water with the kids. My legs got partially sunburnt. I guess I missed the sunblock in a few places. The French fries were delicious. We had ice cream on the way home. I did have to estimate my calories for those things. Also, when I put together my meal in the slower cooker I was rushing and did not measure. I am still confident that I was within my calorie goal.

I did my walk first thing this morning. I have my pork tenderloin in marinading for supper tonight.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes minimum ✅
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. 10,000 steps
    4. Drink 8 cups of water
    5. Bed by 10:30 pm

I’m so happy you got to enjoy spending that quality time with your granddaughters at the beach. Those girls are making some beautiful memories with you.
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Cesse - age 72 - Check-In

308.6 lbs - starting weight on 3/28
    295.4 lbs - weighin on 4/30 -- (-13.2 Total Loss to date)
    291.2 lbs - weighin on 5/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 6/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)

July Mini Goal -- 285 lbs - (need to lose 8.2 lbs or approx. 2 lb/week)
    First Major Goal = Onederland
    Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]
    (2) Exercise 30 min minimum (3000 steps)
    (3) Clean 30 min per day: house or yard or declutter

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - 3000
    06/29 - 3000
    06/30 - 3000
    07/01 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - Did 20 min stretching routine
    06/29 - Treat myself to fudgesicle on glider outside in shade
    06/30 - Give myself a pedicure
    07/01 - not a chance! LOL

Tasks for Today ---
    Meet brother Dave for Bfast; get flood recovery update
    Pay Bills
    Water plants and hanging baskets
    Create grocery order for delivery

Well ... DUH!! Senior Moment. Did not connect self-care challenge with "calendar" and to do items in sequence; thought it was a choice for any given day. LOL OK, got it; will now do in sequence.

Have a great day everyone!! 🌞

It doesn’t matter if you follow the calendar or not as long as you are doing something involving self care. On days I can’t exactly follow I will do something self care related. I’m proud of your stepping this month. You are really sticking to your daily step goals.
    @lindamtuck2018
    @mari_moulin

Just wanted to take a moment to thank both of you for your leadership, cheerleading, encouragement, and words of wisdom. In my previous forays into MFP I did not join any groups or consistently participate in any threads. And, as a result, quickly lost interest.

This group/team keeps me engaged and, hopefully, will help me to succeed. It is encouraging to know that others are struggling as well and cheering them on is also helping me.

So, THANK YOU!!

You are most welcome. It is an absolute pleasure to be here and be able to help encourage and motivate you all. I also am feeling blessed that you all do the same for me. It’s not always easy keeping up daily but n’ai sure so try my best.
    Happy July!!!

Steps 6/30: 22,627

July Goals:
    1) Dry July--no hooch--it's not just the empty alcohol calories, but also the poor food choices I make after a few cocktails (hello chicken wings and onion rings😁).

2) Jump rope 1 minute each day. I totally slacked on the challenge last month. One minute a day should be 'do-able'.

3) Borrowing from @cesse47 (thanks!)--clean 30 minutes a day--either inside or out. Again this seems a little more 'doable' than committing to totally decluttering the spare bedrooms or cleaning out our disaster of garage space. Lots of stuff should go-thank goodness Goodwill is back open😉.

Got your steps! You’ve got some great goals there. I am also needing to finish getting rid of stuff from our basement and garage before our big move at the end of the month. We can do this!

SW 269
    CW 244.2
    GW 140-145

Welcome Megan! I am so glad we got you into the group and on our team! I am also looking forward to being a part of your journey.
    Hey all! I'm sorry I've been so quiet. I fell at work a few days ago and I couldn't wear my glasses. Very hard to read without them. I will be going back to work Friday. I'm very sore my face is very bruised and it looks like I was in a fight. Big black eye. I can put my glasses on today. Yah!

Not sure what my last shared steps were so here is the last few days.

6/27 3114
    6/28 13697
    6/29 10479
    6/30 4403

Aunt Flow came to visit this week too. I'm miserable.

Oh no Michelle I’m so so sorry to hear of your fall. It sounds like it was such a horrible fall. I’m glad to see you are the mend and that you are able to wear your glasses again and can check in with us. Wishing you continued healing. I’ve added your steps in ❤️
  • mari_moulin
    Options

•Food:

10:50 am Homemade Spinach-soup full of cauliflower and sweet corn (leftovers) with a tbsp of each white and black sesame seeds

11:10 am Small bowl of nuts for snacking on over the day. 30 g unsalted cashews, 30 g unsalted peanuts and 20 g unsalted almonds ... Guess how many calories ... 🙈 476 (!!!) 😝 wooow I’m going to really enjoy these and spread them over the day. Never realized they had sooo many calories. 🌰🥜

3:20 pm Bowl of nuts is empty. Snacked two baby potatoes (I had cooked for hubby’s lunch)

.... that’s it for today. Not much but drinking all this water makes me really full at the moment.

•Water: 3 Liter water + 0,4 Liter Detox Night tea (drinking just now before bed)

•Exercise: 5 km / 3.1 mile walk walk uphill elevation gain 163 m / duration 0:52:46 #5kaday (yeay new record!)

•Highlights: decluttered my mason jar drawer and sorted loads of jars out to give my mother-in-law, went for my 5 k walk even though the weather has been horrible all day 🌧💪🏻💦

Managed my first Liter of water on empty stomach in the morning before eating solid food.

Another nice day. Looks like many of us have been doing the decluttering In our homes. I hate doing it but love the weight off my shoulders when it’s done. Great job getting out for your walk despite the bad weather. That’s what I call motivation!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @mari_moulin ...Thanks I am excited to be in this group :)
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    r858gira4va2.jpeg

JUNE WEEK 4 STEP RESULTS
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 858,674 STEPS
    ( previous week was 834,745)

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@888Angie888 - 135,626 steps
    @michelleywardell - 106,666 steps
    @mari_moulin - 103,577 steps

JUNE STEP CHALLENGE GRAND FINALE!!!

AS A GROUP WE WALKED 3,250,129 STEPS!! ( previous month was 3,075,119)

TOP 3 STEPPERS

@888Angie888 - 445,245 steps
    @mari_moulin - 383,765 steps
    @19shmoo69 - 362,246 steps

Well done everyone!! Let’s Keep those steps coming in JULY!!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 30 11.537 steps
    Wednesday 1 24.135 steps
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that I weigh in on Friday's

Welcome! It's a great team!
  • cesse47
    Options

I hope the flood recovery is going well for your brother. Yeah, I did not disconnect from my devices. Way to hard.

Unfortunately, it will be a very long drawn out process. He has a contractor to organize and manage all the work ... but it will be October at the earliest before they find out what is approved and what is not. He is trying to schedule a meeting with the FEMA inspector, the City Engineers, and his contractor to hammer out the details for completing all the paperwork -- which is about 25 pages thus far. Like any project involving the government, it's unbelievable complicated and time-consuming.

AT this point, just keeping him in my prayers to keep his stress levels under control. He just turned 78 and all of this is really wearing him out. Thanks for your good thoughts.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I forgot to add that I weigh in on Friday's

Welcome! It's a great team!

Thank you :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hey all! I'm sorry I've been so quiet. I fell at work a few days ago and I couldn't wear my glasses. Very hard to read without them. I will be going back to work Friday. I'm very sore my face is very bruised and it looks like I was in a fight. Big black eye. I can put my glasses on today. Yah!

Not sure what my last shared steps were so here is the last few days.

6/27 3114
    6/28 13697
    6/29 10479
    6/30 4403

Aunt Flow came to visit this week too. I'm miserable.

Sorry that you fell. I hope you start feeling better soon!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

•Food:

I love nuts. Problem with me is they are so tasty I keep going back for more. Maybe I will get some this weekend and see if I can stick to a serving. Great job on the walk!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

•Food:

I love nuts. Problem with me is they are so tasty I keep going back for more. Maybe I will get some this weekend and see if I can stick to a serving. Great job on the walk!

For nuts I buy the snack size baggies and measure/weigh them out ... I too love nuts
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @19shmoo69 steps for today are 15,259. He couldn’t get in to the app.
  • destiny_sierra
    destiny_sierra Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Check in Tuesday June 30

Steps - 13,006

My weight will be up on Friday and I know it because I am intentionally dehydrating myself, not to the point of being ill but so I don't need to use the bathroom as often as we currently don't have one in our house. We have to be home all day for the contractors and both our full and half bath are out of commission so I am stuck driving to find a public restroom during the day until at least Friday. Very little water + sodium = water retention but I know it will pass.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday 30 11.537 steps
    Wednesday 1 24.135 steps

That’s an impressive amount of steps on Wednesday! Well done!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • cesse47
    Options

291.2 lbs - weighin on 5/30 -- loss = 4.2 lbs for month of May (17.4 lb Total Loss To Date)
    293.2 lbs - weighin on 6/27 -- gain = 2.0 lbs for month of June (15.4 lb Total Loss To Date)

Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---
    (1) Log all food and beverages honestly; Drink 10+ water [week 1 challenge = MEASURE IT!]

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - 3000
    06/29 - 3000
    06/30 - 3000
    07/01 - 3000
    07/02 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    07/02 - Do my Granddaughter's dishes (wash/dry/put away)

Tasks for Today ---
    Do dishes; clean kitchen
    Vacuum and Mop kitchen floor
    Sweep and Mop bathroom floor
    Do 15 min of yardwork

Have a great day Y'All 🌞
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Goal Weight = 165 lbs

JULY GOALS ---

STEP CHALLENGE ---
    06/28 - 3000
    06/29 - 3000
    06/30 - 3000
    07/01 - 3000
    07/02 - 3000

SELF-CARE CHALLENGE ---
    07/02 - Do my Granddaughter's dishes (wash/dry/put away)

Tasks for Today ---
    Do dishes; clean kitchen
    Vacuum and Mop kitchen floor
    Sweep and Mop bathroom floor
    Do 15 min of yardwork

Have a great day Y'All 🌞

I need your energy! Good luck with your tasks today!
This discussion has been closed.