Return to normality? July weigh in and accountability thread

Options

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,814 Member
    Options
    Welcome @la_nanita I think we are all quietly supporting each other here but mostly it is a place to keep ourselves accountable. It helps me to reemphasize daily what my plan is.

July 5th check in:

#1 GET OFF THE ROLLERCOASTER
    what this means is that I need to quit always worrying about did I gain a pound or two and lately I have found that I am tending instead of eating at a nice steady pace I am either binging or restricting more and more. It's a no win zero sum game so my plan is to just eat to my TDEE and log consistantly
    Jul 1 done. Lesson of the day. Did not even end up eating all of the dinner items and didn't feel stressed over it
    Jul 2 done. Lesson of the day. OK to have a good snack mid day, Still nicely at TDEE
    Jul 3 done. Lesson of the day. Do not get so dehydrated. I felt like I couldn't get enough to drink and slept poorly
    Jul 4 done. Lesson of the day. It's dang hard to reach #2 without a nice run and just a nice reminder to eat at TDEE even on a less active day because some days are way more active and the whole point is increasing energy
    Jul 5
    Jul 6
    Jul 7
    ********* week 1**********

#2 800 active minutes per day (Apple watch) goal.
    This should NOT be difficult and I hope for it to energize me. My avg since I got my watch in late Dec last year is 817 per day and my average in June was 791 but May was 866 so I have felt like my activity trend is going the wrong direction.

Jul 1 hit 1019 with a 10K run included
    Jul 2 hit 929 with a 5 mile run
    Jul 3 starting well with a 7 mile run (I love the stronger feeling of not being in a deficit/binge type mode) now to just keep it up. A nice set up activity 1090
    Jul 4th Going to be tough to hit 800 today but I am not going to quibble and try to say well it's the AVG. LOL. Started with a nice walk of about 45 minutes. Will walk more and drink more today I think. If necessary I will add a walk this evening before all the fireworks start. WOW - that was hard. Managed 820 tho!!! SCORE!! no quibbling.
    Jul 5th starting well with a nice run. I think also due to goal 1 I feel stronger already.

• SummerSkier
    Options
    5p9divnahj5n.jpeg
    July mantra.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    35yo, 166 cm
    Maintenance weight range= 52-54 kg
    CW= 53.2 (as of 7/2/20)
    BF%= 20-22

Goals for July: [7/1-5]
    - Finishing current workout plan ✅ (current goal is to at least eat at maintenance cuz 2000 kcal is surprisingly difficult to reach 😳)
    - Focusing on glute program ✅ (just finished week 4. Moving on to the next 4 weeks!)
    - Decrease sugar intake ✅
    - High protein and low carb ✅ but will go with regular setting starting tomorrow 😊
    - Devote time in stretch/yoga sessions ✅
    🔆New end-of-the-month challenge 🔆 do 3 standard pull-ups! (tried it with resistance band. Form is much better 👀)

Summer is here for a while. So are bugs... I found one alive (not sure what it is) swimming in my protein powder the other day while making mocha, and now I’m not sure if I should keep drinking the other flavor from the same brand 😵 I know it probably went in there after I opened the bag (poorly designed re-sealable bag), and I like how this chocolate brownie flavor tastes... but still. Will need some time to let that weird feeling go away first and I’m going back to Greek yogurt for now 😓
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    ME:
    30y * 5'9" * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

JULY GOALS
    • Keep up the good workout routine with focus on glutes
    • Stick to IF and do some longer fasts again (even though at home it's super difficult)
    • Push through instead of constantly going up-down with good and bad days
    • Start logging again

WEIGHT - 7 day averages
    06 July: 70kg

I gained 2 kg last month! I haven't seen 70 in over a year and I'm pretty devastated by it. How did I let this happen...? I got to 66, I held that weight for months,...

Last month my grandmother had a bad fall and I moved in for a while to take care of her. I also started a new project at work, which together led to the deadly combination of: being in a house with lots of candy + pressure & anxiety = stress eating :((((

I've also completely stopped logging anything! I blame that on my new roomie, who constantly cooks delicious stuff and serves it up! With someone else doing the foodprep, it's hard to keep track.

Pff, I do hope I drop some weight fast.

Only positives is that I've been working my butt off on glutes (pun intended) and it shows, and kept up running.

And sorry for missing out on making the new July thread ladies, @weatherking2019, @jacau 😆 I'll start thinking for August ;)
  • Grace_spaceship
    Grace_spaceship Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    24 years old 5ft10
    CW 158lbs
    GW for the end of July 154 lbs
    GW for long term 150lbs

I really want to focus on portion control and learning to say no when offered treats. I am now getting up earlier to get my workouts done in the morning so I don't run out of time in the afternoon.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 154.4
    May GW: 140
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4
    May SW ???? EW 143.6
    June SW143.6 EW 143.8

So, apparently I've learned to maintain fairly well. Had to do pics with one of my horses and I'm not thrilled, time to tighten things back up. :-1: Right now, I've been struggling to find the motivation to log consistently. I'm grateful for this group keeping me accountable because my giveadarn is not really working. I even quit weighing in every morning - which for me, makes a difference.

Goals - keeping it super simple right now
    1. Be consistent - weigh in and food
    2. Get to the 130s - this is past the point of ridiculous

July 1 - 142.6day/144.0ave
    July 2 - 146.0 - I made stir fry chicken last night and I think it's maybe all the sodium in the soy? Weird, highest weight I've had in ages and I didn't eat badly yesterday. Lots of water today and shaking it off.
    July 6 - 148.6 - Obviously I over-celebrated the wknd. I seem to blow up with water weight when I get dehydrated and too much junk food. Rode out in the mountains yesterday for about 6 hours. Such fun! Decent start today, got up at 5:30 and worked one horse before work. Cool & crisp - sunrise is one of my favorite times to be outdoors. Using this Monday as a fresh start!

Thanks @rianneonamission it's insanely curly, but easy to fix! :smiley:

Welcome aboard @la_nanita! We all use this group differently, do whatever works for you.

I'm working to cut the 'treats' I think I've earned and no more stress eating.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    34/5'4"

CW: 130
    GW: 125-130

Going to try and maintain for the month of July

July 1: 130.0
    July 2: 128.2
    July 3: 127.8
    July 4: 128.2
    July 5: 130.8
    July 6: 131.2
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

one week in. So far, so good. :) Logged daily, moved daily, posted at least once a week ;) Weight... well, work in progress.

In any case, I got my man on board now as well. He realized yesterday that he gained more than me over the past period and is now so upset that it'll be easier to clean up the weekly shopping list and go running more often! No more lonely trying to find the motivation. Two glasses half full with motivation should make for a full one, no? Curious how this is gonna work out, hahaha. Lighter dinners, less snacking and even less alcohol should get the weight starting to shift finally. And if one is finding it difficult to stick with the good choices, then the other can help out. Should work. At least as long as our families are not around, although I'm looking more and more forward to their series of visits. It's just been too long that we didn't see any of them in person.

169 cm / 5’5”, 37 y 
    HW: 76.1 kg (26/Aug/19) 
    Overall GW: 57.5 kg
    Monthly avg –> Sep: 73.6 kg / Oct: 73.0 kg / Nov: 72.5 kg / Dec: 71.6 kg / Jan: 71.7 kg / Feb: 72.3 kg / Mar: 72.5 kg / Apr: 72.8 kg / May: 73.6 kg / Jun: 73.3 kg

A little progress each day (will add up in the end).

Goal #1: Continue losing what I regained since February.
    Goal #2: Log and post more regularly. Logging at least 5 out of 7 days, posting at least weekly.
    Goal #3: Stay active.
    GW Jul: 72.0 kg (Let's try this one again. o:) )

ms9zl9orsw35.png
  • jacau
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »
    ME:

JULY GOALS
    • Stick to IF and do some longer fasts again (even though at home it's super difficult)
    • Start logging again

WEIGHT - 7 day averages

I gained 2 kg last month! I haven't seen 70 in over a year and I'm pretty devastated by it. How did I let this happen...? I got to 66, I held that weight for months,...

Last month my grandmother had a bad fall and I moved in for a while to take care of her. I also started a new project at work, which together led to the deadly combination of: being in a house with lots of candy + pressure & anxiety = stress eating :((((

I've also completely stopped logging anything! I blame that on my new roomie, who constantly cooks delicious stuff and serves it up! With someone else doing the foodprep, it's hard to keep track.

Pff, I do hope I drop some weight fast.

Only positives is that I've been working my butt off on glutes (pun intended) and it shows, and kept up running.

And sorry for missing out on making the new July thread ladies, @weatherking2019, @jacau 😆 I'll start thinking for August ;)

Hello back :)

Sounds like you had your hands full with other things. I hope your grandma is doing better by now. Don't worry about the July thread. It gave @rianneonamission a nice way to return again as well :)

Here's to keeping and sticking to the good parts. The rest's gonna fall back in place soon!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, I'm late to join but I must say that I'm relieved to see that I'm not the only one struggling during these crazy times. I find it somehow interesting how these threads often all go in one direction; very often we will either all be doing great, or all be struggling with our goals. Maybe we get influenced more than we realize :wink:

So anyways, I think I might steel your number one goal @SummerSkier : GET OFF THE ROLLERCOASTER, as this is exactly what I must do also.
    @l4a_p : I'm so glad you are back, and reading that you have a roommate too! Is that the French guy?
    @ooofitness : getting close to 50 made me also tolerate much less alcohol. Listen to your body girl, it's telling you something. What works for me: no alcohol the night before work.
    @cayenne_007 : I love your horse pictures and I think you look great, no fluffiness to be seen anywhere !
    @jacau : we are swimming in the same pond :smile:
    @weatherking2019 : you keep on being an inspiration to us all.
    @la_nanita: welcome to this crazy group, nothing mandatory here, just adapt your goals to what YOU want.

I will just add that I'm so glad you are all here this month, together we can certainly do this !

My goals this month:

1. Get off the rollercoaster - consistency in eating and moving around. Not going from restricting to much one day to overeating the next, being a Netflix binger on Saturday and walking 25K on Sunday.
    2. Current weight: 73.0 - goal weight by the end of the month: 71.0
    3. Get my yearly steps back to goal, which means around 80K to 100K a week

07/07: 73.0
  • l4a_p
    Options
    @Antiopelle I'm always..not happy, but reassured others are struggling too. And you are right: there is often a weird synergy going on in the group 😆

I'm with you on the rollercoaster! I go from days with veggies only and feeling super dandy about it, to eating everything in sight. Main issue I have is I can't stop once I slipped. Caved a little and had a piece of chocolate? Well the day is ruined now, might as well have 2 ice screams, a waffle, and a snickers! Terrible flaw.

It's is not the French guy (I wish! ;)) , but now you mention him: he is making a return visit sometime this month... <3

I have my BFF living with me temporary. It's been amazing but also sad because she's moving back to her home country end of this month. I'll miss her so much.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    #1 GET OFF THE ROLLERCOASTER
    what this means is that I need to quit always worrying about did I gain a pound or two and lately I have found that I am tending instead of eating at a nice steady pace I am either binging or restricting more and more. It's a no win zero sum game so my plan is to just eat to my TDEE and log consistantly
    Jul 1 done. Lesson of the day. Did not even end up eating all of the dinner items and didn't feel stressed over it
    Jul 2 done. Lesson of the day. OK to have a good snack mid day, Still nicely at TDEE
    Jul 3 done. Lesson of the day. Do not get so dehydrated. I felt like I couldn't get enough to drink and slept poorly
    Jul 4 done. Lesson of the day. It's dang hard to reach #2 without a nice run and just a nice reminder to eat at TDEE even on a less active day because some days are way more active and the whole point is increasing energy
    Jul 5 done
    Jul 6 done
    Jul 7 today - and then it will be one week down!!
    ********* week 1**********

#2 800 active minutes per day (Apple watch) goal.
    This should NOT be difficult and I hope for it to energize me. My avg since I got my watch in late Dec last year is 817 per day and my average in June was 791 but May was 866 so I have felt like my activity trend is going the wrong direction.

Jul 1 hit 1019 with a 10K run included
    Jul 2 hit 929 with a 5 mile run
    Jul 3 starting well with a 7 mile run (I love the stronger feeling of not being in a deficit/binge type mode) now to just keep it up. A nice set up activity 1090
    Jul 4th Going to be tough to hit 800 today but I am not going to quibble and try to say well it's the AVG. LOL. Started with a nice walk of about 45 minutes. Will walk more and drink more today I think. If necessary I will add a walk this evening before all the fireworks start. WOW - that was hard. Managed 820 tho!!! SCORE!! no quibbling.
    Jul 5th starting well with a nice run. I think also due to goal 1 I feel stronger already. hit 968 YES!
    Jul 6 a little slow on the run but 856 so far for the fist week I am averaging over 900 per day
    Jul 7 started with a good run so should hit goal today... :)

Welcome ladies. The thing about that dang rollercoaster is that it is REALLY sneaky. I start with a minor deficit. Yeah very healthy to just lose 1/4 to 1/2 per week. And I do well but then the scale fluctuations are SO great I then have a bad day and the entire deficit is wiped out. sucks. So then I think ok BIGGER deficit. and on and on and on.. And as the deficit gets bigger my energy decreases and the spiral appears never ending. sigh. So JUST STEP OFF THE ROLLERCOASTER!!!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    47, 5’2”
    CW:112.0
    GW: 107
    CBF: 21.4 %
    Goal BF%: 19%

Goal #1: Eat Protein rich dinner
    Goal #2: Limit drinks on weekend!
    Goal #3: Continue OTF 6x week
    Goal #4: Burst mini workouts as long as I work from home (word is going back 7/13 :/ )
    Goal #5: Don't Stress!!
    ** take self progress pics.
    yorafneta7kn.jpg

09/30 109.6, 19.6%
    10/30 108, 19.1%
    11/27 108.4, 19.4%
    12/31 112, 20.6%
    01/31 110.2, 20.1%
    02/28 107.6, 18.9%
    03/30 110 19%
    04/30 110, 19.9%
    05/30 111.4, 20.4%
    06/30 112, 21%

07/1 112, 21.4%
    07/7 112.4 20.4%

Made a batch of the Diet soup last night. Will be sticking to it for a few days. (I leave to Michigan for a week vacation on Thursday!!) I needed to clear the fridge anyway and I want to feel lighter. Just like the others mentioned, soon to be 50, alcohol doesn't do us too well.
    Here is a recipe if interested. (I didn't use bacon or green beans. and used zucchini and cauliflower because thats what I had!)

IBIH TURBO ATKINS DIET SOUP – LOW CARB & PALEO

4 slices bacon, chopped
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    ¼ cup onion, chopped
    1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
    ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
    1 cup sliced white mushrooms
    8 cups chicken stock
    3 cups water
    2 cups celery root, peeled and chopped into ½ inch cubes (or cauliflower, jicama, radish, turnip)
    4 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
    2 cups yellow squash, sliced and quartered
    1 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
    4 cups swiss chard, chopped (or collards – NOT KALE)
    2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
    ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
    Salt and pepper to taste

DAY 1 (1216 calories, 83g fat, 17g net carbs, 84g protein)

Breakfast – 2 eggs, 1 tbsp butter, 2 pieces of bacon, 1/2 avocado, unsweetened bulletproof coffee or tea (using 2 Tbsp fat)

Lunch – 2 cups IBIH Keto Diet Soup

Snack – 2 large romaine leaves, 1/2 cup simple keto egg salad

Dinner – 2 cups IBIH Keto Diet Soup

• cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 154.4
    May GW: 140
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4
    May SW ???? EW 143.6
    June SW143.6 EW 143.8

So, apparently I've learned to maintain fairly well. Had to do pics with one of my horses and I'm not thrilled, time to tighten things back up. :-1: Right now, I've been struggling to find the motivation to log consistently. I'm grateful for this group keeping me accountable because my giveadarn is not really working. I even quit weighing in every morning - which for me, makes a difference.

Goals - keeping it super simple right now
    1. Be consistent - weigh in and food
    2. Get to the 130s - this is past the point of ridiculous

July 1 - 142.6day/144.0ave
    July 2 - 146.0 - I made stir fry chicken last night and I think it's maybe all the sodium in the soy? Weird, highest weight I've had in ages and I didn't eat badly yesterday. Lots of water today and shaking it off.
    July 6 - 148.6 - Obviously I over-celebrated the wknd. I seem to blow up with water weight when I get dehydrated and too much junk food. Rode out in the mountains yesterday for about 6 hours. Such fun! Decent start today, got up at 5:30 and worked one horse before work. Cool & crisp - sunrise is one of my favorite times to be outdoors. Using this Monday as a fresh start!
    July 7 - 148.4 - one step at a time. Yesterday I did well on food, kept it at 1200. Last week I got lazy and ate out for lunch - hubby was in town so I ate whatever I picked up for him...and then inhaled dinner + snacks.. I'm paying for it now. Good start today - up at 5 and rode before work. The more I stay outdoors, the better I do with food.
  • jacau
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Am I wrong, or do I feel a very good positive and motivating vibe just now :wink:

Let’s make it last 😋
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My goals this month:

1. Get off the rollercoaster - consistency in eating and moving around. Not going from restricting to much one day to overeating the next, being a Netflix binger on Saturday and walking 25K on Sunday.
    2. Current weight: 73.0 - goal weight by the end of the month: 71.0
    3. Get my yearly steps back to goal, which means around 80K to 100K a week

07/07: 73.0
    08/07: 72.9 - there we go :smile: This evening after work, I have a dental appointment. This will certainly help with overeating today !
  • l4a_p
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    Am I wrong, or do I feel a very good positive and motivating vibe just now :wink:

I have the same feeling! :D So weird!
  • l4a_p
    Options
    ME:

JULY GOALS
      38h and counting
    • Start logging again

WEIGHT - 7 day averages
    08 July: 68.1kg

Currently at 38h fasting. I know it's not actual weightloss (most of it is water of course) but I still feel like I've been reset! Nothing works as well as a fast to get rid of cravings.