Return to normality? July weigh in and accountability thread

Options

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My goals this month:

1. Get off the rollercoaster - consistency in eating and moving around. Not going from restricting to much one day to overeating the next, being a Netflix binger on Saturday and walking 25K on Sunday.
    2. Current weight: 73.0 - goal weight by the end of the month: 71.0
    3. Get my yearly steps back to goal, which means around 80K to 100K a week

07/07: 73.0
    08/07: 72.9 - there we go :smile: This evening after work, I have a dental appointment. This will certainly help with overeating today !
    09/07: 73.0
    10/07: 73.0
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 154.4
    May GW: 140
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4
    May SW ???? EW 143.6
    June SW143.6 EW 143.8

So, apparently I've learned to maintain fairly well. Had to do pics with one of my horses and I'm not thrilled, time to tighten things back up. :-1: Right now, I've been struggling to find the motivation to log consistently. I'm grateful for this group keeping me accountable because my giveadarn is not really working. I even quit weighing in every morning - which for me, makes a difference.

Goals - keeping it super simple right now
    1. Be consistent - weigh in and food
    2. Get to the 130s - this is past the point of ridiculous

July 1 - 142.6day/144.0ave
    July 2 - 146.0 - I made stir fry chicken last night and I think it's maybe all the sodium in the soy? Weird, highest weight I've had in ages and I didn't eat badly yesterday. Lots of water today and shaking it off.
    July 6 - 148.6 - Obviously I over-celebrated the wknd. I seem to blow up with water weight when I get dehydrated and too much junk food. Rode out in the mountains yesterday for about 6 hours. Such fun! Decent start today, got up at 5:30 and worked one horse before work. Cool & crisp - sunrise is one of my favorite times to be outdoors. Using this Monday as a fresh start!
    July 7 - 148.4 - one step at a time. Yesterday I did well on food, kept it at 1200. Last week I got lazy and ate out for lunch - hubby was in town so I ate whatever I picked up for him...and then inhaled dinner + snacks.. I'm paying for it now. Good start today - up at 5 and rode before work. The more I stay outdoors, the better I do with food.
    July 8 - 148.0 - yesterday wasn't as good as it should've been foodwise. Hubby showed up at work to take me to lunch... so there went my plan of a protein bar. Made shrimp/steak fajitas for dinner - I skipped the sour cream, cheese so it wasn't too bad. I still feel really bloated and ugh. Started back on vit d today, realized I've gotten out of the habit of taking it every morning. Decent start today - up at 5:30 and rode till 7 so at least I got in some exercise before coming to the office to sit on my butt all day. I swear desk jobs are the absolute worst.
    July 9 - 147.0 - At least things are going the right direction. Rode a bit last night and made it up this morning for an hour riding before coming to the office. Funny how much more mindful being careful to log my food makes me.
    July 10 - 145.2 - Better! Yesterday felt so much better. I feel like I'm about back to my 'start point' for the month...but at least I have 20 days left to work on goals.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,815 Member
    Options
    July 9 update. Ok gals we are almost 1/3 thru the month already. It's going by fast. Let's buckle down and keep going!

#1 GET OFF THE ROLLERCOASTER
    what this means is that I need to quit always worrying about did I gain a pound or two and lately I have found that I am tending instead of eating at a nice steady pace I am either binging or restricting more and more. It's a no win zero sum game so my plan is to just eat to my TDEE and log consistantly

********* week 1********** pretty consistent not restricting or binging but I think a little light to TDEE at avg in of 1678 so will gradually increase . Closed diary every day.

Jul 8 I think I still might be eating a little light to TDEE but not pushing things.
    Jul 9 upped cals a little bit just adding during the day. That's always a biggy for me not to do it ALL AT ONE TIME IN THE EVENING!! but successful
    Jul 10 sometimes Fridays are difficult but managed again.
    Jul 11
    Jul 12
    Jul 13
    Jul 14

#2 800 active calories per day (Apple watch) goal.
    This should NOT be difficult and I hope for it to energize me. My avg since I got my watch in late Dec last year is 817 per day and my average in June was 791 but May was 866 so I have felt like my activity trend is going the wrong direction.

******** week 1*************
    averaged 967 active minutes. Success but it's not a steady rate and today again with just walking may be hard to reach the 800 but NO EXCUSES... Week 2 here we go.

Jul 8 so yesterday I just did not feel like running in the morning. But I still managed almost 26K steps with my morning walk. I ended the day pleasantly surprised with 895! So a good lesson that even when I don't get half of these from a morning run, I can still meet my goals!!
    Jul 9 890 which was interesting because I had a really good run but less steps. hahaha.
    Jul 10 Felt very tired from my springing on Thursday even tho I upped my cals a bit to try to help. It's just so dang humid and hot it's difficult to keep hydrated. No run but still keeping an eye out and managed to score 837 for the day!!!
    Jul 11
    Jul 12
    Jul 13
    Jul 14

Gals we have 20 days left. We can do it! Hopefully we shall all see progress or at least meet some of our goals this month!!
  • iseemuffins
    iseemuffins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    50/5’2”
    Current weight 130
    Goal weight 110
    Just started food log yesterday, 7/10
    Plan to exercise 30 minutes 3 times a week,
    Hope to to reach these smaller goals
    07/25 125
    08/22 120
    09/26 115
    10/26 110

• SummerSkier
    Options
    Not sure if posting here daily is helping or not but I guess it might be. Welcome to 1/3 of July complete my friends!
    It's not too late to finish July strong even if we have stumbled. :)

what this means is that I need to quit always worrying about did I gain a pound or two and lately I have found that I am tending instead of eating at a nice steady pace I am either binging or restricting more and more. It's a no win zero sum game so my plan is to just eat to my TDEE and log consistantly

********* week 1********** pretty consistent not restricting or binging but I think a little light to TDEE at avg in of 1678 so will gradually increase . Closed diary every day.

Jul 8 I think I still might be eating a little light to TDEE but not pushing things.
    Jul 9 upped cals a little bit just adding during the day. That's always a biggy for me not to do it ALL AT ONE TIME IN THE EVENING!! but successful
    Jul 11 Sat was a decent day. I think eating a slightly bigger breakfast is helping to keep things even for me who knows. I must have drank 8 times what I normally due because of the heat and humidity tho. yikes
    Jul 12
    Jul 13
    Jul 14

This should NOT be difficult and I hope for it to energize me. My avg since I got my watch in late Dec last year is 817 per day and my average in June was 791 but May was 866 so I have felt like my activity trend is going the wrong direction.

averaged 967 active minutes. Success but it's not a steady rate and today again with just walking may be hard to reach the 800 but NO EXCUSES... Week 2 here we go.

Jul 8 so yesterday I just did not feel like running in the morning. But I still managed almost 26K steps with my morning walk. I ended the day pleasantly surprised with 895! So a good lesson that even when I don't get half of these from a morning run, I can still meet my goals!!
    Jul 9 890 which was interesting because I had a really good run but less steps. hahaha.
    Jul 10 Felt very tired from my springing on Thursday even tho I upped my cals a bit to try to help. It's just so dang humid and hot it's difficult to keep hydrated. No run but still keeping an eye out and managed to score 837 for the day!!!
    Jul 11 VERY HOT but took the time to exercise and ended up 1071 activity. happy with that for sure
    Jul 12
    Jul 13
    Jul 14
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    28, 5'7 / 175cm
    June starting weight: 139.33/63.2
    CW: 136.47/61.9
    GW: 133.4/60.5

1. Workout 3-4 times per week/move everyday
    2. Stretch 4 times per week.
    3. Keep alcohol to weekends only, and in moderation.
    4. Stay hydrated

June 2: 136.92/62.1
    June 3: 139.33/63.2
    June 4: 135.58/61.5
    June 5: 136.69/62
    June 6:137.57/62.4
    June 7: 135.58/61.5

Hi everyone! Still not able to weigh myself as I'm staying at some friends' house for the better part of the month and I still haven't found a scale...however I've realized I still have one more bathroom to check :D Still posting to read all of you and remind myself the month is not yet done and I can still make progress.
    I've definitely been drinking more and trying all the delicious foods they've prepared + eating out, however it's so hot here that my appetite has reduced quite a lot. I'm also trying to drink a lot of water to minimize bloating, and TOMs just over so I'm feeling myself a bit more. The tan also makes suuuuch a difference on body perception! My body looks leaner because of the shadows, it makes me understand why everyone fake tans so much.
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    5'8" 42yo

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4
    May SW ???? EW 143.6
    June SW143.6 EW 143.8

So, apparently I've learned to maintain fairly well. Had to do pics with one of my horses and I'm not thrilled, time to tighten things back up. :-1: Right now, I've been struggling to find the motivation to log consistently. I'm grateful for this group keeping me accountable because my giveadarn is not really working. I even quit weighing in every morning - which for me, makes a difference.

July 2 - 146.0 - I made stir fry chicken last night and I think it's maybe all the sodium in the soy? Weird, highest weight I've had in ages and I didn't eat badly yesterday. Lots of water today and shaking it off.
    July 6 - 148.6 - Obviously I over-celebrated the wknd. I seem to blow up with water weight when I get dehydrated and too much junk food. Rode out in the mountains yesterday for about 6 hours. Such fun! Decent start today, got up at 5:30 and worked one horse before work. Cool & crisp - sunrise is one of my favorite times to be outdoors. Using this Monday as a fresh start!
    July 7 - 148.4 - one step at a time. Yesterday I did well on food, kept it at 1200. Last week I got lazy and ate out for lunch - hubby was in town so I ate whatever I picked up for him...and then inhaled dinner + snacks.. I'm paying for it now. Good start today - up at 5 and rode before work. The more I stay outdoors, the better I do with food.
    July 8 - 148.0 - yesterday wasn't as good as it should've been foodwise. Hubby showed up at work to take me to lunch... so there went my plan of a protein bar. Made shrimp/steak fajitas for dinner - I skipped the sour cream, cheese so it wasn't too bad. I still feel really bloated and ugh. Started back on vit d today, realized I've gotten out of the habit of taking it every morning. Decent start today - up at 5:30 and rode till 7 so at least I got in some exercise before coming to the office to sit on my butt all day. I swear desk jobs are the absolute worst.
    July 9 - 147.0 - At least things are going the right direction. Rode a bit last night and made it up this morning for an hour riding before coming to the office. Funny how much more mindful being careful to log my food makes me.
    July 10 - 145.2 - Better! Yesterday felt so much better. I feel like I'm about back to my 'start point' for the month...but at least I have 20 days left to work on goals.
    July 11 - 143.2
    July 13 - 145.6 - long hot busy weekend, pasta for dinner - I really should avoid the stuff.
  • Antiopelle
    edited July 2020
    Options
    My goals this month:

1. Get off the rollercoaster - consistency in eating and moving around. Not going from restricting to much one day to overeating the next, being a Netflix binger on Saturday and walking 25K on Sunday.

08/07: 72.9 - there we go :smile: This evening after work, I have a dental appointment. This will certainly help with overeating today !
    11/07: 73.0
    12/07: 73.0
    13/07: 73.0
    14/07: 73.0

I've always found that maintaining was the hardest thing to do and that I couldn't accomplish it. But hey, here is the universe proving me wrong, altough at 4kg above my target weight :lol:
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Welcome to almost 1/2 of July complete my friends!
    It's not too late to finish July strong even if we have stumbled. :)

Jul 11 Sat was a decent day. I think eating a slightly bigger breakfast is helping to keep things even for me who knows. I must have drank 8 times what I normally due because of the heat and humidity tho. yikes
    Jul 12 Again having difficulty staying hydrated. Water belly on Sun evening from trying to keep up.
    Jul 13 a better day. Not cal wise but even thought heat was still excessive I felt recovered from the weekend
    Jul 14

Jul 11 VERY HOT but took the time to exercise and ended up 1071 activity. happy with that for sure
    Jul 12 878
    Jul 13 878 (funny it was exactly the same Mon and Sun) Had to really do quite a few short workouts to manage.
    Jul 14

@Antiopelle maintaining is sometimes not a bad thing. Keeping the progress, Even if it's higher than you want I bet it starts to go the right direction soon.
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    5'8" 42yo

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4
    May SW ???? EW 143.6
    June SW143.6 EW 143.8

July 11 - 143.2
    July 13 - 145.6 - long hot busy weekend, pasta for dinner - I really should avoid the stuff.
    July 14 - 145.4 - didn't eat the greatest yesterday, but within bounds. Rode for 3 hours - beautiful evening. Worked at the barn for an hour this morning before work. I've been struggling to stay hydrated and get enough sleep. Trying to work on that.
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    My goals this month:

15/07: 73.2
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    5’5”
    CW 125.6
    Life GW 120
    Covid GW don’t gain

Goals for July:

1 continue the Beachbody 21 Day Fix Real Time Extreme do a second round of extreme real time
    2 exercise at least 5 days per week
    3 one hour walk at least 6 days per week
    4 reduce stress eating — works been a little more stressful than usual.
    July 15th half way through the month. Work the most stressful it’s been in a very very long time. Stress eating through the roof. CW 126.5 — up a pound. But manageable. I didn’t post last week because it was even higher! Yikes!
    Also stupidly bruised a rib last Saturday, so exercise routine has been reduced. Taking today as a rest day.
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    5'8" 42yo

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4
    May SW ???? EW 143.6
    June SW143.6 EW 143.8

July 11 - 143.2
    July 14 - 145.4 - didn't eat the greatest yesterday, but within bounds. Rode for 3 hours - beautiful evening. Worked at the barn for an hour this morning before work. I've been struggling to stay hydrated and get enough sleep. Trying to work on that.
    July 15 - 144.4 - yesterday was better...back to having a protein bar for lunch and trying to cook a decent dinner. Got in an hour of riding before work and worked in my garden for an hour later.

We're basically back on lockdown in NM.... I'm beyond irritated, there's no common sense being applied to it. One of my biggest motivators is being competitive with my horses. I've sent one horse to TX so that he can continue being hauled to events to he'll be ready for me to run next year. We were supposed to have a show this wknd so I've been prepping another 4 yo for that - but it's canceled. Horse events are outdoors, and everyone naturally socially distances - I don't mind wearing a mask if requested while at a competition......but our gov is on the warhunt and sending the state cops to everything.......however, it's still safe to go to Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot & protesting is perfectly safe (according to her). We had huge BLM protests all over downtown with most people not following covid guidelines.... so now we're shut down. I've been so frustrated that it's not been easy to stay on track with exercise/diet/riding - since we're not allowed to do anything anyway. One day at a time... just one day at a time..
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    2 week update! Let's rock the rest of the month gals! and Cayenne if we don't get this pandemic under control it's just going to get more and more locked down. Texas SHOULD be locked down (IMO) but I guess that's not economically or psychologically palatable to anyone so it's individual choice at this point. Our cases are scary rising and it is not more tests as hospitals, ICUs and ventilators are filling up. This was yesterday and I won't feel comfortable doing anything until we get back to the Mar/Apr #s. And to those who say - but the death rate isn't so bad I hope that we have some better ideas on treatments to help with that but we all know the death rate lags the ICU and Vent stats. And apparently even if you don't die from it, the disease could possibly have awful long term debilitary effects. Stay safe out there. Sorry for the rant but below is terrifying to me and if it is NOT to you, then go visit a covid hospital ASAP.

7mdbtn41qwuk.png

week 1*pretty consistent not restricting or binging but I think a little light to TDEE at avg in of 1678 so will gradually increase . Closed diary every day.
    week 2*again pretty consistent staying off the roller coaster. Closing diary daily. Increased avg intake to about 1722 which might still be a little under TDEE . The heat has really been tough this week and hard to stay hydrated.

week 1 *averaged 967 active minutes. Success but it's not a steady rate and today again with just walking may be hard to reach the 800 but NO EXCUSES...
    week 2 *averaged 902 active cals per day so still exceeding the goal! :) Week 3 here we go.
  • kerstenk141
    kerstenk141 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    36yo | 5;5"

Currently
    • Weight: 130lbs
    • Waist: 28.5"
    • Arms: 12"
    • Hips: 39.5"

JULY GOALS
    • Continue with my current 6-week workout plan (currently on week 3) with a focus on form and lifting heavier
    • Not be afraid to consume more calories - supposed to eat 1600 daily but currently scared to go over 1400
    • Dont forget to stretch
    • Walk the puppers more cause he needs to work out too

Week of July 12
    • Weight: 128lbs
    • Waist: 28.5"
    • Arms: 12"
    • Hips: 39"

JULY GOALS
    • Havent skipped a workout, been lifting heavier and going to failure on my last sets. I feel like jello...
    • Have gone over 1400 calories regularly. Hoping by the end of the month to reach 1500.
    • I suck at stretching...well I suck at putting in the time do it anyways.
    • Doggo gets in atleast 1 walk a day been trying for 2 cause I love his smile when I ask, "Walk?"
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    5'8" 42yo

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4
    May SW ???? EW 143.6
    June SW143.6 EW 143.8

July 11 - 143.2
    July 15 - 144.4 - yesterday was better...back to having a protein bar for lunch and trying to cook a decent dinner. Got in an hour of riding before work and worked in my garden for an hour later.
    July 16 - 144.0 - Better!
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    5'8" 42yo

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4
    May SW ???? EW 143.6
    June SW143.6 EW 143.8

July 11 - 143.2
    July 16 - 144.0 - Better!
    July 17 - 144.2 - yesterday was great, I feel like I'm finally clicking back into better habits.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    47, 5’2”
    CW:112.0
    GW: 107
    CBF: 21.4 %
    Goal BF%: 19%

Goal #1: Eat Protein rich dinner
    Goal #2: Limit drinks on weekend!
    Goal #3: Continue OTF 6x week
    Goal #4: Burst mini workouts as long as I work from home (word is going back 7/13:/)
    Goal #5: Don't Stress!!
    ** take self progress pics.

09/30 109.6, 19.6%
    10/30 108, 19.1%
    11/27 108.4, 19.4%
    12/31 112, 20.6%
    01/31 110.2, 20.1%
    02/28 107.6, 18.9%
    03/30 110 19%
    04/30 110, 19.9%
    05/30 111.4, 20.4%
    06/30 112, 21%

07/1 112, 21.4%
    07/7 112.4 20.4%
    07/17 113.6 ??

Got back from Michigan! It was AMAZING! So much fun! (pics from the trip)
    I'm a little tired but ready to get back to normal life. Working from office doesn't allow mini workouts anymore and it's too hot for a lunch run. (no shower) I just have to wait till after work OTF's. (They don't have 6:45pm classes everyday either :| ) I guess I will just have to swim!
    7ci7ld7peyxz.jpg
    42qnexot1xap.jpg
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    What gorgeous pictures Weatherking!!! tough to get back into the office eh?

July seems to be flying by and I will admit week 1 was totally active. Week 2 not so much but this week I seem to be doing ok with the runs and such. Getting up a little earlier to work out helps somewhat. And also "new shoes"

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    My goals this month:

15/07: 73.2
    ---- didn't weigh for some days----
    20/07: 72.9

Well, last week was crazy, with working full time, a dinner date with an former colleague, a mini concert with hubby. In between I also managed to squeeze in an appointment for my frozen shoulder and I got a cortisone shot that left me almost paralyzed on one side for 2 days- hubby had to help me dress and undress, so there was only one option after work and that was the couch.
    Luckily, by the weekend the pain ebbed away, and I managed to do a long walk on Saturday and a dive yesterday.
    All in all, I'm glad I even managed to lose a bit. Up to a better week now !

@weatherking2019 : you look so happy in that pic !
    @cayenne_007 : I get it that it sucks and the whole approach (world wide) is dividing people. We'll have no choice but to suck it up and be ultra cautious until we have a vaccine I'm afraid.