Return to normality? July weigh in and accountability thread

Options

Replies

• my4570
    my4570 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow, I feel like I found a group with people who similarly need to lose some weight while already being within a healthy range! I've been on a weight loss journey for the past 2 months now, and would like to join this thread as I wrap up my weight loss and go into maintenance!

For some background, I'm 20 years old and was in great shape about 4-5 years ago, before I developed binge eating disorder due to a restrictive past/bad coping habits and slowly gained about 40 pounds. 2 years ago, I finally got my BED into control and focused on recovery through therapy and no restriction. Since now I am in a better mindset to watch what I eat and be in a deficit, I finally decided to lose some of the pounds I gained because of my BED. Quarantine has helped me develop healthier lifestyle habits, and I am finally getting back to the weights that I feel the best in! I like to log some weekly sentiments, non-scale goals, and maybe some mini-food diaries for myself to be accountable and also reflect on this journey.

What I'm good about: exercising (I do HIIT/pilates 6 days a week and run 3-4 miles once a week), intermittent fasting, sticking to my calories
    What I'm bad about: cheat meals once a week that would be wayyy overboard (not binges, but definitely overeating), not getting enough protein (I'm a vegetarian who loves eating starches like sweet potatoes and oatmeal)
    Goals to improve: a "maintenance" day once a week instead of having an untracked cheat meal, hitting 60-70g of protein a day!

Height: 159 cm (so 5'2.5)
    HW: (Dec of 2019) 132
    SW (May 17th): 124.8
    May 24th: 124.8

June 1st: 121.9
    June 10th: 120.7
    June 19th: 119.4

July 1st: 119.1
    July 6th: 117.9
    July 11th: 116.7
    July 20th: 117.2 (hopefully can log a loss this week)
    GW by July 31st: 115 lbs! (115.5 is fine too)
    Ultimate GW: 110-112 lbs

Looking forward to reading all of your posts and updates!
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    5'8" 42yo
    SW: 154.4
    May GW: 140
    GW: 133

August SW 145.8 EW 145.6
    Sept SW 145.6 EW 145.6
    Oct SW 145.6 EW 142.6
    Nov SW 142.6 EW 146.2
    Dec SW 146.2 EW 147.0
    Jan SW 147.0 EW 142.0
    Feb SW 140.5 EW 143.2
    Mar SW 143.2 EW 143.4
    May SW ???? EW 143.6
    June SW143.6 EW 143.8

So, apparently I've learned to maintain fairly well. Had to do pics with one of my horses and I'm not thrilled, time to tighten things back up. :-1: Right now, I've been struggling to find the motivation to log consistently. I'm grateful for this group keeping me accountable because my giveadarn is not really working. I even quit weighing in every morning - which for me, makes a difference.

Goals - keeping it super simple right now
    1. Be consistent - weigh in and food
    2. Get to the 130s - this is past the point of ridiculous

July 1 - 142.6day/144.0ave
    July 2 - 146.0 - I made stir fry chicken last night and I think it's maybe all the sodium in the soy? Weird, highest weight I've had in ages and I didn't eat badly yesterday. Lots of water today and shaking it off.
    July 6 - 148.6 - Obviously I over-celebrated the wknd. I seem to blow up with water weight when I get dehydrated and too much junk food. Rode out in the mountains yesterday for about 6 hours. Such fun! Decent start today, got up at 5:30 and worked one horse before work. Cool & crisp - sunrise is one of my favorite times to be outdoors. Using this Monday as a fresh start!
    July 7 - 148.4 - one step at a time. Yesterday I did well on food, kept it at 1200. Last week I got lazy and ate out for lunch - hubby was in town so I ate whatever I picked up for him...and then inhaled dinner + snacks.. I'm paying for it now. Good start today - up at 5 and rode before work. The more I stay outdoors, the better I do with food.
    July 8 - 148.0 - yesterday wasn't as good as it should've been foodwise. Hubby showed up at work to take me to lunch... so there went my plan of a protein bar. Made shrimp/steak fajitas for dinner - I skipped the sour cream, cheese so it wasn't too bad. I still feel really bloated and ugh. Started back on vit d today, realized I've gotten out of the habit of taking it every morning. Decent start today - up at 5:30 and rode till 7 so at least I got in some exercise before coming to the office to sit on my butt all day. I swear desk jobs are the absolute worst.
    July 9 - 147.0 - At least things are going the right direction. Rode a bit last night and made it up this morning for an hour riding before coming to the office. Funny how much more mindful being careful to log my food makes me.
    July 10 - 145.2 - Better! Yesterday felt so much better. I feel like I'm about back to my 'start point' for the month...but at least I have 20 days left to work on goals.
    July 11 - 143.2
    July 13 - 145.6 - long hot busy weekend, pasta for dinner - I really should avoid the stuff.
    July 14 - 145.4 - didn't eat the greatest yesterday, but within bounds. Rode for 3 hours - beautiful evening. Worked at the barn for an hour this morning before work. I've been struggling to stay hydrated and get enough sleep. Trying to work on that.
    July 15 - 144.4 - yesterday was better...back to having a protein bar for lunch and trying to cook a decent dinner. Got in an hour of riding before work and worked in my garden for an hour later.
    July 16 - 144.0 - Better!
    July 17 - 144.2 - yesterday was great, I feel like I'm finally clicking back into better habits.
    July 20 - 143.6 - long busy weekend, but I took some time on Sat to steal a nap. I think I've been fighting exhaustion both physically and mentally. Lots of riding and working on my garden.... Trying to make a plan for healthy snacks to pack for a quick trip to CO to hang out with family - I'm determined not to blow my progress this time with junk food.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    47, 5’2”
    CW:112.0
    GW: 107
    CBF: 21.4 %
    Goal BF%: 19%

Goal #1: Eat Protein rich dinner
    Goal #2: Limit drinks on weekend!
    Goal #3: Continue OTF 6x week
    Goal #4: Burst mini workouts as long as I work from home (word is going back 7/13:/)
    Goal #5: Don't Stress!!
    ** take self progress pics.

09/30 109.6, 19.6%
    10/30 108, 19.1%
    11/27 108.4, 19.4%
    12/31 112, 20.6%
    01/31 110.2, 20.1%
    02/28 107.6, 18.9%
    03/30 110 19%
    04/30 110, 19.9%
    05/30 111.4, 20.4%
    06/30 112, 21%

07/1 112, 21.4%
    07/7 112.4 20.4%
    07/17 113.6 ??
    07/21 112.4, 20.4%

OK, this morning, I am at pre vacation.
    I'm on that Atkin soup diet this week and so far so good. I made a batch and it's in my fridge in mason jars so I can pick 1 to go (lunch) and keep track for dinner.

I went to OTF 3 days in a row and tonight is an OFF day as they don't have 6:45 class. If it's not raining, I am going trail walking. Got my man back on the diet too. He's on day 2, I packed him a big salad and snacks.

I am hoping to see a dent at the end of the month!
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    ME:
    30y * 5'9" * Weight goal: 63kg (138,89lbs)

JULY GOALS
    • Keep up the good workout routine with focus on glutes
    • Stick to IF and do some longer fasts again (even though at home it's super difficult)
    • Push through instead of constantly going up-down with good and bad days
    • Start logging again

WEIGHT - 7 day averages
    06 July: 70kg
    08 July: 68.1kg
    21 July: 70.4kg

Hahaaa *kitten*! Need a new fast to reset again! This has not been the best of months so far... Wrong mindset for food, dropping workouts and runs.... And worst of all: I don't seem to mind as much anymore. Getting into a very dangerous "shrug" attitude towards the scale.

• AleLue_1
    AleLue_1 Posts: 113 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    31 years old. mom of 2. 5'1"
    SW May 2020: 184lbs

SW: July 1st 170.6
    July 5th 168.8lbs
    July 10th 167.7
    July 15th 167.5
    July 20th 166
    July 22nd 164.6

GW by July 31st 163lbs
  • my4570
    my4570 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Slowly getting to my goal! I am in the very beginning of "reverse dieting" now to inch towards my "ultimate" goal and preparing myself for higher calories. I'm also upping my protein and hit 80+ grams yesterday which is very rare for me (I've been averaging about 50 g/day...and that's with my efforts of adding egg whites and eating yogurts!)

I just did a 45 minute HIIT and felt energized throughout the workout; I think even the small calorie boost I've been doing has been working! I've also been seeing a lot of videos about metabolism and metabolic damage so I'm eager to get out of the recommended 1200 cal range. My actual 500 cal deficit is around 1050 cals, which is kind of scary. I exercise around 60 min/day moderate impact so I'm going to experiment and see how my weight loss is affected by a gradual increase of cals (especially from protein).

Height: 159 cm (5'2.5)
    HW: (Dec of 2019) 132
    SW (May 17th): 124.8
    June 19th: 119.4

July 1st: 119.1
    July 6th: 117.9
    July 11th: 116.7
    July 22nd: 116.3
    GW by July 31st: 115 lbs
    Ultimate GW for September: 110-112 lbs range
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    @my4570 you should definitely aim to increase your protein.
    The general guidelines for endurance and strength-trained athletes from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Dietitians of Canada, and the American College of Sports Medicine suggest consuming between 1.2 and 2 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight for the best performance and health.
    https://verywellfit.com/protein-recommendations-for-exercise-1229792
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    23 July Update: Starting to review goals and assess what August will be. Love having these monthly threads. Thank you everyone.

One thing that motivates me in the summertime is that I do get my 15 minutes of sunbathing in a few times a week and I like that at 60+ I can enjoy a 2 pc. ;) Not that I would go out in public in it. :o;)

0xykmp94xgto.png

#1 GET OFF THE ROLLERCOASTER
    what this means is that I need to quit always worrying about did I gain a pound or two and lately I have found that I am tending instead of eating at a nice steady pace I am either binging or restricting more and more. It's a no win zero sum game so my plan is to just eat to my TDEE and log consistantly - one thing that is helping also is to close out my diary. Not sure if I will continue that in August but so far it appears to help motivate me a little to stay consistent.

week 1*pretty consistent not restricting or binging but I think a little light to TDEE at avg in of 1678 so will gradually increase . Closed diary every day.
    week 2*again pretty consistent staying off the roller coaster. Closing diary daily. Increased avg intake to about 1722 which might still be a little under TDEE . The heat has really been tough this week and hard to stay hydrated.
    week 3* completed and staying off the rollercoaster so far.

#2 800 active calories per day (Apple watch) goal.
    This should NOT be difficult and I hope for it to energize me. My avg since I got my watch in late Dec last year is 817 per day and my average in June was 791 but May was 866 so I have felt like my activity trend is going the wrong direction.

week 1 *averaged 967 active minutes. Success but it's not a steady rate and today again with just walking may be hard to reach the 800 but NO EXCUSES...
    week 2 *averaged 902 active cals per day so still exceeding the goal! :) Week 3 here we go.
    week 3* averaged 927 per day but admit that I have had a day or so under the 800. I felt really weak on Sun so I just could not manage to run or meet the goal. Have to churn with things and be flexible I guess. Back on track this week and still managed to improve from week 2 anyway.
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    @SummerSkier, WHY NOT go in public in your bikini!? You look AMAZING!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    thank you Weatherking but let's just say gravity is not my best friend after 60. LOL. Lying down is great of course.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    l4a_p wrote: »
    Hahaaa *kitten*! Need a new fast to reset again! This has not been the best of months so far... Wrong mindset for food, dropping workouts and runs.... And worst of all: I don't seem to mind as much anymore. Getting into a very dangerous "shrug" attitude towards the scale.

I feel you girl, I really do. I think it is the summertime spending time at home, instead of going on active holidays. (well, that's my excuse anyway :wink: )

Now, don't go shrugging it off. Just accept it, be kind to yourself and try to change one habit slowly again.
    Let's say ... <bit of thinking> we both stay off the sugar until end of month, which is next week Friday, Ok?OK! :smiley: One babystep at a time, just to get back in some healthy routine.

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My goals this month:

1. Get off the rollercoaster - consistency in eating and moving around. Not going from restricting to much one day to overeating the next, being a Netflix binger on Saturday and walking 25K on Sunday.
    2. Current weight: 73.0 - goal weight by the end of the month: 71.0
    3. Get my yearly steps back to goal, which means around 80K to 100K a week

07/07: 73.0
    08/07: 72.9 - there we go :smile: This evening after work, I have a dental appointment. This will certainly help with overeating today !
    09/07: 73.0
    10/07: 73.0
    11/07: 73.0
    12/07: 73.0
    13/07: 73.0
    14/07: 73.0
    15/07: 73.2
    ---- didn't weigh for some days----
    20/07: 72.9
    ---- didn't weigh for some days----
    24/07: 73.5

Jups, definitely going in the wrong direction...
  • l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »
    l4a_p wrote: »

I feel you girl, I really do. I think it is the summertime spending time at home, instead of going on active holidays. (well, that's my excuse anyway :wink: )

Now, don't go shrugging it off. Just accept it, be kind to yourself and try to change one habit slowly again.
    Let's say ... <bit of thinking> we both stay off the sugar until end of month, which is next week Friday, Ok?OK! :smiley: One babystep at a time, just to get back in some healthy routine.

As always, good to know I'm not the only one struggling! My bf is doing some regime that requires zero alcohol and almost no sugar. I think I'm going to tag along with that when he's back from vacation...
  • weatherking2019
    Options
    47, 5’2”
    CW:112.0
    GW: 107
    CBF: 21.4 %
    Goal BF%: 19%

Goal #1: Eat Protein rich dinner
    Goal #2: Limit drinks on weekend!
    Goal #3: Continue OTF 6x week
    Goal #4: Burst mini workouts as long as I work from home (word is going back 7/13:/)
    Goal #5: Don't Stress!!
    ** take self progress pics.

07/1 112, 21.4%
    07/7 112.4 20.4%
    07/17 113.6 ??
    07/21 112.4, 20.4%
    07/24 112.0, 20.8%

?! Why did the BF go up?? I'm still eating the soup and not cheating much.
    I guess Keto is more FAT in macro. My body is adjusting. I know I'm in Ketosis according to the P-stick. And I'm probably fat adapted cuz I'm not that hungry. So I'm hoping to see more progress next week. I mean, it's the last week of JULY?!

I won't be so good Saturday because bunch of friends are going to downtown CLE. My friends have a suite at the Hilton where we're celebrating their anniversary. Sushi and Booze are in order. So I'm going to indulge.
    But come Sunday, I'm going to make the Soup for week again! Watch me girls!!!😎☝
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    July Stats
    5’2”
    SW:160
    GW:125
    June SW: 133.6
    June GW: 129

Goals:
    1. Log all calories, and stay at or under goal most days (within 200 calories of my goal, and all calories logged will be considered a success)

2. Complete the scheduled Chloe Ting 5 Week Booty Challenge workout videos every day.

Rewards:
    $45 spending – When I have completed 7 consecutive days of meeting all of my goals, I will earn this reward.

$60 spending – When I have completed 25 total days of meeting all of my goals, I will earn this reward

7/20 – I am getting started a little late this month, but I have ambitious goals to get myself back on track! I am disappointed in myself for my unscheduled break, but I am excited to get back into eating well and working out. I know that when I do, my mind and body feel so much better. Let’s do this!

7/24 - 135.6 OUCH! I think I may have been a little ridiculous when I set my goals for this month after starting so late... oh well! We will see where I end up. My weight bops all over so maybe it will do a drastic drop before the end of the month!
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    47, 5’2”

I won't be so good Saturday because bunch of friends are going to downtown CLE. My friends have a suite at the Hilton where we're celebrating their anniversary. Sushi and Booze are in order. So I'm going to indulge.
    But come Sunday, I'm going to make the Soup for week again! Watch me girls!!!😎☝

enjoy yourself but please be careful and do not catch COVID!!!!
  • weatherking2019
    edited July 2020
    Options
    [/quote]
    enjoy yourself but please be careful and do not catch COVID!!!!
    [/quote]

I will be careful!! The room is gigantic and we have 4 couples. 👌
    rzxj4wt4314j.png
  • suizap
    suizap Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. 3 years ago I launched a startup and my health has taken a toll.... During that time, I also had a baby. I'm here to get my health back in order. I'm still struggling with losing myself, my time to another human (a super cute human) and I end up emo eating.

39y * 5'3ish * GW: 120lbs
    CW: 131lbs

Last week of July goals:
    - 1700 calorie intake (low carbish)
    - 5 workouts a week (~500 deficit)
  • Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention, I am also trying to be alcohol-free at the moment (was getting to a point where I was enjoying it a little toooo much/regularly!!) Had hoped that would naturally help me weight fall, but no! 22 days in at the moment, which is a bloody miracle for me :D